Fantasy Premier League 20/21

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I wanted to do that but I only had 5 players playing, two of which were bench players but if you can do that
In your circumstance it's perfectly reasonable to use it. I built my team to have 10 players now that's reduced to 8 due to Villa not playing or maybe 7 depending on injury.

Dan_F

Not sure why, but I thought Cavani was still banned for this game, making me doubt putting in Martial on the free hit. There’s a good chance we’ll go Rashford on the right, Martial left and Pogba up front.

I’m not confident in a second United or City attacker, which is not great. Mahrez or Foden feels like a lottery that you don’t want on a free hit.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ok mates I have this potential set of week 18s now that Grealish & Watkins are ruled out.

5 key players Son, Bruno, Kane, Dier, Dias
2 doubtful players Taylor and Lamptey

Would people FH with this? Or try and do something with my 2 free transfers, potentially using 3 for a -4?

Haven't ruled out a wildcard instead but i currently have 9 double game weekers and you suspect these people talking 10+ doublers will find that they don't get anywhere near that amount playing twice.

I have this slight nag that putting a very strong FH/Wildcard team out could be a game changer - worth 30-40points more.
I would take the -4 and save both the FH and wildcard.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I wanted to do that but I only had 5 players playing, two of which were bench players but if you can do that
Just seen this. I'm in same boat... Bruno, Rashford, Kane, Keane and Dias.

4 very good players mind but could easily be <20 if only one goal/City clean sheet.

Guess I shouldn't have used wildcard, else I'd do that now and set up for GW18 with an eye on 19/onwards ..

(PS, Goran. Done any FH teams yet? Managed to load towards MC, us, Spurs and still fit in 15 players?)

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance

4 very good players mind but could easily be <20 if only one goal/City clean sheet.

Guess I shouldn't have used wildcard, else I'd do that now and set up for GW18 with an eye on 19/onwards ..

(PS, Goran. Done any FH teams yet? Managed to load towards MC, us, Spurs and still fit in 15 players?)
I currently have the following players in my FH (I don't know if I will keep this).. De Gea, Fernandes, Martial, Stones(Unsure), Dias, Cancelo, Son, Kane, Dier, Saka, Zaha as my first 11.. thinking about changing out martial for rashford and zaha for wilson. My bench is Mitchell, Brewester and 3.8 guy from leeds

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I would take the -4 and save both the FH and wildcard.
Will have to consider this strongly, as that might still mean I only have 8 players if Taylor doesn't play (against United too so could be a1-2 pointer)

From those missing 3 players - and having taken -4, it could easily be a 15-20 point loss on others. More if it's the attackers I'm missing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

The triple Tottenham coverage is one big reason for me in not wildcarding. Playing Fulham now and Sheff Utd away next, and having a great run of games too.
Very easy to imagine they do better than most other players who have 3 games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not sure why, but I thought Cavani was still banned for this game, making me doubt putting in Martial on the free hit. There’s a good chance we’ll go Rashford on the right, Martial left and Pogba up front.

I’m not confident in a second United or City attacker, which is not great. Mahrez or Foden feels like a lottery that you don’t want on a free hit.
Cavani right?! :lol:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Shrewsbury and Southampton drew Arsenal, so likely Southampton and Leeds’ match in 19 is cancelled eliminating their DGW.

I currently have the following players in my FH (I don't know if I will keep this).. De Gea, Fernandes, Martial, Stones(Unsure), Dias, Cancelo, Son, Kane, Dier, Saka, Zaha as my first 11.. thinking about changing out martial for rashford and zaha for wilson. My bench is Mitchell, Brewester and 3.8 guy from leeds
4.9 Leno

15.5 Maguire Stone Dier

44.1 Son Rashford Zaha Neto Bruno

19.3 Lacazette Kane

2 Arsenal, 3 Utd, 3 Spurs, 1 Palace, 1 Wolves & 1 City (don't trust the rotation).

£83.8 so £16.2 to buy 4 dross.

(Edit. Even with the 0.2 I currently have spare, that leaves me 0.1m short of the cheapest 4 dross .. could swap AWB for Maguire)

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Will have to consider this strongly, as that might still mean I only have 8 players if Taylor doesn't play (against United too so could be a1-2 pointer)

From those missing 3 players - and having taken -4, it could easily be a 15-20 point loss on others. More if it's the attackers I'm missing.
Depends on the players you bring in but the only key player you're really missing is KDB. And bringing him in (and/or a second City defender) would leave you stronger for the GW19 too, as well as for their excellent fixtures afterwards (wba, SHU, bur). So it's not like those transfers only count for this week. Ditto United players, who also have a double and decent fixtures beyond that.

Given that, you might be able to get more value from using the FH in the later blank GW in 29. I believe (unless things have changed) there will be a DGW26 and those double gameweek players will then blank in 29. For people who have used their FH already that would probably mean wildcarding before the DGW, having to include a good few SGWers, then using the subsequent fts to transition to a blank gameweek team in 29. Whereas you'd be able to commit entirely to the DGW where they won't, use the subsequent fts to target non-blankers they can't afford to bring in and then FH in a blank team that will probably beat theirs anyway.

To my mind the value of all that outweighs whatever disadvantage you're at this week. At least that's the way I was planning out my team before I lost three Villa players. :(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
4.9 Leno

15.5 Maguire Stone Dier

44.1 Son Rashford Zaha Neto Bruno

19.3 Lacazette Kane

2 Arsenal, 3 Utd, 3 Spurs, 1 Palace, 1 Wolves & 1 City (don't trust the rotation).

£83.8 so £16.2 to buy 4 dross.
Just about doable with there being a 3.8m defender and a 4.3m striker available.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Depends on the players you bring in but the only key player you're really missing is KDB. And bringing him in (and/or a second City defender) would leave you stronger for the GW19 too, as well as for their excellent fixtures afterwards (wba, SHU, bur). So it's not like those transfers only count for this week. Ditto United players, who also have a double and decent fixtures beyond that.

Given that, you might be able to get more value from using the FH in the later blank GW in 29. I believe (unless things have changed) there will be a DGW26 and those double gameweek players will then blank in 29. For people who have used their FH already that would probably mean wildcarding before the DGW, having to include a good few SGWers, then using the subsequent fts to transition to a blank gameweek team in 29. Whereas you'd be able to commit entirely to the DGW where they won't, use the subsequent fts to target non-blankers they can't afford to bring in and then FH in a blank team that will probably beat theirs anyway.

To my mind the value of all that outweighs whatever disadvantage you're at this week. At least that's the way I was planning out my team before I lost three Villa players. :(
Yep. Good thinking.

I've done Salah to De Bruyne for now.

Which gives me Bruno-Son-De Bruyne-Kane-Dias-Dier which is a powerful 6.

Probably makes most sense to finally ship Lamptey as he's been a crock of pony for months points wise (despite some brilliant actual real life performances), has City away even if he did make it through 50-50 injuury status, and only has a single for week 19 anyway!

Might be Stones time being just 0.3m more than Lamptey and having played 90 6 of the last 7 games and odds on to play in this one with Laporte and Ake out.

K Stand Knut

I am so torn in terms of what to to.

Keep flip-flopping between leaving as it is and saving anything for the later came weeks or using the FH/WC in the coming 2 GWs.

Got 8 players to play but only 3 Spurs and one United. Have used my 2 FTs to get to where I am.

Just about doable with there being a 3.8m defender and a 4.3m striker available.
Yeah, missed the 3.8 guy so just doable.

Alternative is swap Stones in for Justin, go with just 6 players (but a good 6 - Bruno, Rashford, Stones, Dias, Kane and Keane) and keep chips for future.

In double GW, I already have a goalie, 4 defenders, 4 MFers and 2 forwards with two games (though I'd drop a defender to fit Kane in).

Leaning towards Justin-Stones and keeping chips

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, missed the 3.8 guy so just doable.

Alternative is swap Stones in for Justin, go with just 6 players (but a good 6 - Bruno, Rashford, Stones, Dias, Kane and Keane) and keep chips for future.

In double GW, I already have a goalie, 4 defenders, 4 MFers and 2 forwards with two games (though I'd drop a defender to fit Kane in).

Leaning towards Justin-Stones and keeping chips

I'm at the same place at the moment - 6 players (until i use my second freebie), but while you have Rashford you don't have Son or De Bruyne which would worry me a bit.
Those two could really haul.

Kjorra

My FH team:

GKP: Lloris (Leno)

DEF: Saïss, Stones, Dias, Coady (Aina)

MID: Son, Neto, Fernandes, De Bruyne (C) (Saka)

FWD: Martial, Kane (Brewster)

Thinking about changing Martial to Cavani - whats your thought?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Leeds / Southampton possibly getting cancelled is the nail in the coffin for my GW19 bench boost plans (though COVID havoc means I was unlikely to use it anyway as massive risk it falls on its arse).

Also looking like I’m going to Free Hit now in GW18.. which is mildly frustrating as I wanted to save that for a later double gameweek.

I have Bruno, Kane, De Bruyne, Rashford and Dias.. so it’s a very strong 6 players for GW18 without the Free Hit, but I think on balance it’s probably worth it. Definitely not as cut and dry as some people who have 4/5 people playing - feel like I’m not maximising it’s value.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My FH team:

Before that, why have you got two decent priced keepers? On a free hit you'll only play 1 keeper, so no need to have a 4.9mil second keeper. Chuck a 4m second keeper in and you have a huge 0.9m to use upgrading someone elsewhere.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Before that, why have you got two decent priced keepers? On a free hit you'll only play 1 keeper, so no need to have a 4.9mil second keeper. Chuck a 4m second keeper in and you have a huge 0.9m to use upgrading someone elsewhere.
Exactly. Turns Stones into Cancelo for one.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Leeds v Southampton potentially off is a pain in the arse. I don't really want to ditch Dallas or Bamford just to BB so maybe I'll triple up on KDB in 19 instead.

Still planning to wildcard but will decide tomorrow for sure in case of any more shocks/announcements.

I guess if I'm not BB'ing I can afford to buffer up my 18 team as well with cheap playing fodder. Absolute head feckery at the moment.

I'm at the same place at the moment - 6 players (until i use my second freebie), but while you have Rashford you don't have Son or De Bruyne which would worry me a bit.
Those two could really haul.
Yeah. There's not much in it though a chance Baldy uses this game to rest KdB (he's played 90 minutes for a while now)?

It's close. Use FH and could get anything from 25-80.

Leave it, could get 15-40+ but have chip left.

BUT, no double GWs yet and while there may be in the future, they won't be full doubles. Also this week (even with just 6 games) looks like the best big v small... all the other weeks have big teams playing each other

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Is it possible to use my free transfer to better set myself up for the next gameweek and then use my free hit chip for this week?

Kjorra

The thought behind Leno as second keeper was that there is always a slight chance for matches to be postponed and I wanted somebody who plays on my bench. At second thought I will do as you said. Upgrading Stones to Cancelo.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The next blank will most likely be with shit teams that don't get far in the FA cup. Id rather use the free hit this blank as it has most of the big boys playing against shit teams.

Bygone Sounds

Decided to FH, Spurs-AV game postponed made it easier really. Shame if Leeds-Southampton game is canceled since that messes up the BB but I guess everyone is in the same boat.

My FH team:

GKP: Lloris

DEF: Holding, Cancelo, Dias, (Yedlin)

MID: Son, Rash, Fernandes, De Bruyne, Smith-Rowe

FWD: Lacazette, Kane

Just went with all the big hitters from the main teams. FH has always been a let down so I have no expectations really. At least I have only added more players rather than replacing.

The next blank will most likely be with shit teams that don't get far in the FA cup. Id rather use the free hit this blank as it has most of the big boys playing against shit teams.
Yeah, that's what's making me lean towards FH (per my post above). Gone through the GWs and I can't see another week that has this extremes of top v bottom.

You could keep and even if use in a double GW, good chance top players get rotated/subbed and not like they'll play 180 mins

Tarrou

this DCL injury has pissed me off no end

edging closer to the FH

I don't want to do it though, would rather save it

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Is it possible to use my free transfer to better set myself up for the next gameweek and then use my free hit chip for this week?
No the free transfer you make this week will get cancelled unfortunately. At least you didn’t save one and have two as I did - brought in Dias and Rashford but given I’m going to Free Hit those transfers will revert.

Nickosaur

My FH team:

If Saka is going to be a bench option you may as well go for Smith-Rowe instead at 4.4m. Saves you a bit, enough to go for Cancelo over Stones (more likely to get a goal/assist)?

Nickosaur

Argh. So if Southampton and Leeds don't get a DGW... hmm. Fecks up a bit of my planning!