Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Talking about a free hit just for week 18 rather than a wildcard to take us beyond that.

Villa v Tottenham being odds on to be called off casts a big doubt on Grealish playing a double in week 19.

I may still weigh up a wildcard to take me through 18 & 19...but it's all going to be a last min job when more info is clear.
Grealish will stay in my team even if Villa aren’t playing for 4 weeks. He’s the last of my value growing players that I’ve kept, I already regret letting Son and DCL go, I won’t let another one leave.

Patchbeard

So, I already made two transfers before the Villa covid stuff happened. But if their game is called off I probably need to free hit due to having Martinez, Son and Kane. I assume that if I now FH then after the GW my team will revert back to what it was before those two transfers?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So, I already made two transfers before the Villa covid stuff happened. But if their game is called off I probably need to free hit due to having Martinez, Son and Kane. I assume that if I now FH then after the GW my team will revert back to what it was before those two transfers?
Yep. The FH cancels out all transfers in the GW it is played, including ones made before you pressed the button. They will all be undone for the next GW.

Macedonian Red

If Villa - Spurs will be postponed then my strategy for next couple of gameweeks are fecked up! I have Martinez, Dier, Son, Grealiah, Kane and Watkins.

Withnail

Villa won't want to play the same side agaisnt Spurs in the league that they did agaisnt Liverpool in the cup. They likely value the league more and with 10 first team players testing positive, I imagine they will ask for a postponement. Since the Premier has already allowed other teams to postpone games due to Covid, they will have to do the same for Villa if asked.
I wouldn't be sure about this at all.

City's game was postponed as there wasn't enough time to ascertain who had covid and who didn't.

Were there other games postponed when they could field a team and had enough time to have everyone tested?

Canuckred64

I wouldn't be sure about this at all.

City's game was postponed as there wasn't enough time to ascertain who had covid and who didn't.

Were there other games postponed when they could field a team and had enough time to have everyone tested?
Hard to say, because when they postponed Newcastle/Villa and Spurs/Fulham they only said that there were several players who tested positive . I have never heard how many each team was missing. I am also not sure how long before kick off they knew about the positive tests. It would come across as pretty unfair to many if they make Villa play with 10 first team players testing positive.

Withnail

Hard to say, because when they postponed Newcastle/Villa and Spurs/Fulham they only said that there were several players who tested positive . I have never heard how many each team was missing. I am also not sure how long before kick off they knew about the positive tests. It would come across as pretty unfair to many if they make Villa play with 10 first team players testing positive.
Well according to the PL it's due in exceptional circumstances and on a case by case basis which gives them an out there.

City and Newcastle had people show symptoms on the day of the game according to reports.

From what I've read it seems to be more to do with whether playing the game is a risk to spreading the virus than to do with players being unavailable.

In all of the games postponed it was the away team who had it so travelling and potentially bringing the virus to a new location was also a factor.

The fact that Villa game just played a game safely and are at home, I think, will mean the game will go ahead unless there are fresh cases between now and then.

Dan_F

Purposely avoiding dealing with my free hit until we hear about the Villa game. I’m thinking that they might not even make any announcements until Tuesday at this rate. Given the deadline is at 4.30, there’s a good chance we might go into the gameweek not even knowing whether the game will go ahead.

Tarrou

I can see a lot of people rage-quitting if this Spurs match is called off

possibly me included

I'd actually planned relatively well for the next two game weeks, but its all gone tits up

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can see a lot of people rage-quitting if this Spurs match is called off

possibly me included

I'd actually planned relatively well for the next two game weeks, but its all gone tits up
It'll be a when rather than if im afraid mate.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well according to the PL it's due in exceptional circumstances and on a case by case basis which gives them an out there.

City and Newcastle had people show symptoms on the day of the game according to reports.

From what I've read it seems to be more to do with whether playing the game is a risk to spreading the virus than to do with players being unavailable.

In all of the games postponed it was the away team who had it so travelling and potentially bringing the virus to a new location was also a factor.

The fact that Villa game just played a game safely and are at home, I think, will mean the game will go ahead unless there are fresh cases between now and then.
They have their full first team isolating. They can't possibly be within the ten day limit by midweek.

They played a youth team in the fa cup as cup games have much less scope to move.

James Peril

Why would Villa games be cancelled after they played yesterday? Makes no sense.
You think they should play they U19 in the league and lose 10-0 just because they’re a bit unlucky with Covid? They «forfeited» the FA Cup with pleasure because nobody gives a shit about the FA Cup.

Withnail

They have their full first team isolating. They can't possibly be within the ten day limit by midweek.

They played a youth team in the fa cup as cup games have much less scope to move.
Can you just pick and choose which games you don't play cos of Covid?

On the 10 day thing, the other teams didn't have to go 10 days without playing, did they?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
You think they should play they U19 in the league and lose 10-0 just because they’re a bit unlucky with Covid? They «forfeited» the FA Cup with pleasure because nobody gives a shit about the FA Cup.
Nope.

But there should be some consistency.

Alan Partridge

By now they should know who has covid and who has not surely. So they can simply make do with the players who don’t. I can’t see why they postpone a game just because some players are sick. They would surely only postpone it if they were going to pose a risk of spreading it. Am I missing something here?

Surely I am, surely??

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
By now they should know who has covid and who has not surely. So they can simply make do with the players who don’t. I can’t see why they postpone a game just because some players are sick. They would surely only postpone it if they were going to pose a risk of spreading it. Am I missing something here?

Surely I am, surely??
Isn't the rule that if someone has Covid then anyone who has had contact with them has to also isolate as the symptoms can show up later in many people?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Decision tomorrow on Tottenham v Villa apparently.
Is a chance they can go ahead with the 16 Villa players who tested negative.... probably would be a lottery whether your Villa assets make the cut. But would at least bring your Tottenham guys back in.

Paul_Scholes18

Decision tomorrow on Tottenham v Villa apparently.
Is a chance they can go ahead with the 16 Villa players who tested negative.... probably would be a lottery whether your Villa assets make the cut. But would at least bring your Tottenham guys back in.
If they play let at least Martinez be in the team. Keeper is so bloody hard. I don't want to sell him just for Covid.

Canuckred64

It seems like the players who tested negative on January 4th are allowed to play agaisnt Spurs, so this may actually get played this week. I hope they let you know before the Tuesday deadline if this is going ahead and which Villa players are out if it does go ahead. I have three players from each team on my fantasy team .

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You'd imagine some rumours will come out about what players are out. Especially if it's the big players like Grealish.

It'll be ideal if it's played and Grealish and Watkins both start!

Can then just do 3 transfers (-4) and bring in De Bruyne and a couple of others for both 18&19 in mind.

Dan_F

Would you really want Grealish if half the team is out? Especially on a free hit. I’m probably going to get rid of all my Villa players for now, but leave in Son and Kane for the last minute. Son is an easy swap for a United/City attacker

Paul_Scholes18

Would you go with Grealish on a wildcard even if the game is on?

I am not sure I want to punt on bench boost with so many risks.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
All my outfield 10 are (hopefully) playing this week. None of my keepers are playing, there's no point playing a free hit just to bring in a keeper so I'm just going to play with 10.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looking odds on that Villa won't play, but they've apparently moved Chelsea v Fulham from Friday to Saturday which can surely only be for the reason of putting Fulham in the place of Villa for Wednesday!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
That means I have currently have the following after a minus 4 this week:

Cancelo Maguire Taylor
KDB Bruno Son
Kane Brewster

Martinez Forster; Robertson Konsa; Raphinha, Soucek; Bamford

Looks like I will probably free hit, which will bring back Salah and Trent for KDB and Cancelo next week. I just can’t bring myself to wildcard into the maelstrom of increasing COVID, because you could well wildcard and then find you need to take hits again next week.

Lots to think about and won’t be committing to anything until tomorrow afternoon.

saivet

Changed up my free hit team again. Thoughts?

DDG
Yedlin, Tierney, Stones
Smith-Rowe, KDB (v), Son, Bruno (c), Rashford
Wilson, Kane​

Subs: Steele, Brewster, Holgate, Mitchell

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Played my free hit and I still have two players who might not play (Sterling and Rocharlison)

Mcking

Changed up my free hit team again. Thoughts?

DDG
Yedlin, Tierney, Stones
Smith-Rowe, KDB (v), Son, Bruno (c), Rashford
Wilson, Kane​

Subs: Steele, Brewster, Holgate, Mitchell
Maybe go for a Newcastle centrehalf over Yedlin if you have the money.

RedDevil@84

Thought of doing things over the weekend. But didn't get time to do this.
Any good suggestions for a freehit team?

Skåre Willoch

Ah, bugger. There goes my (lucky) plans to not use a single chip in GW18/19. I think I'll have to use FH now, but then I also lose my rolled transfer. Feck.