Fantasy Premier League 20/21

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The benefit is that you can cover

Salah, Bruno, Son, Grealish, Gundogan, have 4 strong players in defence and 3 good strikers.

Enjoy this rare moment, of not having anyone who feels a threat not having them!
But then kdb and kane come back and it’s job and a half to get them back. My team is still silly good though

Martinez
Dias Cancelo Cresswell
Bruno Salah Son Soucek Gundo
Antonio Lacazette

Kinda regret Laca

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But then kdb and kane come back and it’s job and a half to get them back. My team is still silly good though

Martinez
Dias Cancelo Cresswell
Bruno Salah Son Soucek Gundo
Antonio Lacazette
KDB wasn't hitting the heights, so I wonder if Gundo might be a way to cover City. KDB is out for ages anyway. 6 weeks this season will feel like 3months in a normal season.

Kane is quite expensive for how deep he drops. We'll see though. Never has there been a season with so much to react to.

Tarrou

I had 18 points when I went to bed, woke up with 76!!

thought I'd be out of the cup but ended up smashing him

Neo_Mufc

My ML leader kept Kane (no idea why) and he's not having a good week!

I was 140 odd behind now halved that in a couple weeks.

United Hobbit

Just clocked the Dier news. Bloody hell. The one week it was ok for Stones to be dropped!

In fairness, Tottenham have only kept 1 clean sheet in about 7 games, but I still wanted his 2pointer instead of Coufal's 1.
He didn't come on so my rival gets 13 point Pereira off his bench... I get combined 5 points from 3 players off mine :mad:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He didn't come on so my rival gets 13 point Pereira off his bench... I get combined 5 points from 3 players off mine :mad:
Jammy ones for your rivals are always infuriating.

A few got Bamford into their lineups.

At least Tottenham didn't keep a cleany. Though they might have with Dier.

But 2 points between Son and Dier is not the haul hoped for.

Paul_Scholes18

I have no idea how I managed to get a green arrow from today. Yesterday horrible luck today much luck.

All highly owned players I did not have blanked and I managed to get 50 points from 4 players.

The only negative event was Chilwell not starting taking me down to 10.

For next week things look harder though. Saka doubt, Saiss has to be sold, Chilwell probably dropped again and need to be sold.

Long term plans with getting Chilwell for the easy fixtures for Chelsea failed. Maybe should have predicted Frank getting the sack, but still hard to do.
It shows focus short term is more important than long term. People with lots of Leeds and Southampton understands I guess.

Schneiderman

Taking a -4 to get Salah (and DCL) in, just about rescuing a poor haul.

Will be on about 50 after this, with Son and Dier to come.
Did the exact same thing and captained Salah. DCL is annoying, but so nice when your hits work out. 72 after the bonus.

Dan_F

Jammy ones for your rivals are always infuriating.

A few got Bamford into their lineups.

At least Tottenham didn't keep a cleany. Though they might have with Dier.

But 2 points between Son and Dier is not the haul hoped for.
28 coming off the bench for my mini league leader. He only had 20 points on the pitch.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ended on 80 points from 10 players.

Glad Robertson conceded as that clean sheet would have hurt as Cancelo didn't play.

Finally I'm ahead of that jammy cnut in my private league.

Paul_Scholes18

So what defender do we think is best in the near future? Could be cheap or TAA/Robertson.

I am really not sure. I like Dallas as a player, but he keeps scoring his goals in the hard games and not when you might start him.
I am not going to get the luck of Cancelo benched and then Dallas goal from the bench so want someone performing when I start them.

Justin I like too, but Leicesters form is a worry and he might get dropped.

TAA may be the best one to get given that I have the money, but if I need to get Kane in when he is back he might have to go.

I could go Maguire, but he feels too boring and gets yellow cards more than goals anyway.

Anyone know when Vestergaard is back? Feels like an ideal differential to get.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
So what defender do we think is best in the near future? Could be cheap or TAA/Robertson.

I am really not sure. I like Dallas as a player, but he keeps scoring his goals in the hard games and not when you might start him.
I am not going to get the luck of Cancelo benched and then Dallas goal from the bench so want someone performing when I start them.

TAA may be the best one to get given that I have the money, but if I need to get Kane in when he is back he might have to go.

I could go Maguire, but he feels too boring and gets yellow cards more than goals anyway.

You probably use something like this site? You can change the number of weeks and get an idea of how tough a teams fixture list is over X upcoming weeks.

https://www.footballfallout.com/fantasy-football-planner

Paul_Scholes18

You probably use something like this site? You can change the number of weeks and get an idea of how tough a teams fixture list is over X upcoming weeks.

https://www.footballfallout.com/fantasy-football-planner
Crystal Palace really got best fixtures, but not seeing anyone amazing from them really.

Mitchell to save some cash could work if he had been playing all the time.

I like Burnley fixtures, but to bring someone in vs Man City do not sound like the best move.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Creswell maybe? They've looked decent (bar today) and even when they concede, he gets assists (like today).

Paul_Scholes18

Creswell maybe? They've looked decent (bar today) and even when they concede, he gets assists (like today).
I am happy I got him :).

I have 3 quality defenders already, but with Pep I need 4 good ones and a fifth nailed on at least.

Right now my last two are Chilwell and Saiss that may not play.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I am happy I got him :).

I have 3 quality defenders already, but with Pep I need 4 good ones and a fifth nailed on at least.

Right now my last two are Chilwell and Saiss that may not play.
Maybe Lewis for the cheap one and you can get Silva as the starter? I'm sure he'll start most matches for Chelsea...

Paul_Scholes18

Maybe Lewis for the cheap one and you can get Silva as the starter? I'm sure he'll start most matches for Chelsea...
Newcastle starts to play better as soon as I sell Wilson. If I invest in them they will surely turn to shit ;).

Lewis is fine as a bench player though.

Maybe I should think about saving cash. Also can Lewis get a double gameweek or not?

I think Liverpool will so that is why TAA tempts me.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Crystal Palace really got best fixtures, but not seeing anyone amazing from them really.

Mitchell to save some cash could work if he had been playing all the time.

I like Burnley fixtures, but to bring someone in vs Man City do not sound like the best move.
Yeah, if Zaha was a bit better, that would be a good fixture run to bring him in.

Defenders... Shaw?

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah, if Zaha was a bit better, that would be a good fixture run to bring him in.

Defenders... Shaw?
I shall say Martinez and De Gea is my keepers so I think it is best not to get any more defensive players from us or Villa.

Except if they are brilliant. I like Shaw, but he is not producing enough I think to justifyy wasting a United slot.

Of course Cavani, Rashford and Martial may keep on struggling, but I want the option to bring them in if needed.

Now having two so good keepers is a nightmare, but fun at the same time. Got it right this week even with double clean sheets.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
KDB wasn't hitting the heights, so I wonder if Gundo might be a way to cover City. KDB is out for ages anyway. 6 weeks this season will feel like 3months in a normal season.

Kane is quite expensive for how deep he drops. We'll see though. Never has there been a season with so much to react to.
Yeah hopefully Gundo can cover KDB. I liked having Kane in. Even though he wasn't setting the league alight he seemed a good stable bet.

Macedonian Red

My team right now:

Martinez Mccarthy
Cancelo Dias Digne Bednarek Kilman
Son Rasshford Bruno Grealish Gundogan
Kane Bamford Watkins

Im gonna replace Cancelo and Kilman with Creswell and Dallas. All players except Bruno and Rashy has a Double weak(some even 2).

I think its good enough even with Kane injured. Thoughts?

Bondi77

I left Martinez,Dallas and Bamford on the bench.
Second time this year I have had 30 plus points on the bench,
What a tool!

RedDevil@84

68pts. If I hadn't tried to show off my risk taking moves and retained Salah as my captain, could have gone into 80s.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Dropped from 62k to 80k. Bamford out for DCL in and (c) will be forever known as one of my all time worst gaffs.

Newcastle winning at Everton was almost a big of a shock as us losing to Sheff Utd. I honestly didn't see that coming.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
75 (-4) for me after Kane to DCL and Raphinha to Barnes. Gundogan captain blank, but can't be too bitter as DCL was vice and Cancelo was third choice.

Ninth green arrow out of ten gameweeks, only failing in the double when no chip was used. Up into the top 100k for the first time this season at 93.5k.

I’ll join everyone in captaining Salah next week and may well roll the transfer for the first time since GW6! At the stage now where I am happy with the team and I’d like to keep two transfers in the bank to enable me to react to DGW news. Already have triple City, but would add a couple of Everton and Soton for GW24 should that be announced.

Martinez
Cancelo Dias Maguire Robbo
Salah (c) Bruno Gundo Barnes
Bamford DCL (v)

Forster, Soucek Konsa Brewster

Dan_F

My team right now:

Martinez Mccarthy
Cancelo Dias Digne Bednarek Kilman
Son Rasshford Bruno Grealish Gundogan
Kane Bamford Watkins

Im gonna replace Cancelo and Kilman with Creswell and Dallas. All players except Bruno and Rashy has a Double weak(some even 2).

I think its good enough even with Kane injured. Thoughts?
When is the double gameweek?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I am now down to 80 points to 2nd place and 110 points to 2nd place in my league, having been 190 points behind both not so long ago in my main minileague. In the other one I brought it down to 61 from 140. I feel really good playing in the 5.0-8.0 range to be honest.

Currently:

Areola Johnstone
Cancelo Dias Cresswell Dallas Mitchell
Bruno Rashford Grealish Barnes Bowen
Antonio Bamford Watkins

With 9.5m ( :lol: ) in the bank. I don't really feel the urge to spend it at this point as I'm happy with this team. I will definitely upgrade from Rashford, Bowen, Mitchell and Johnstone but the first two still have good fixtures coming so I will not do it before then, and Mitchell's replacement would not play anyway. I think I will bring Mendy in for Johnstone as my next move. Strikers I may not touch until Kane returns.