g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Nickosaur

Son on my bench, am I mental? Very happy with squad at the min, can't see anyone else in that front 8 to leave out.

Martinez
Robertson Stones Cancelo
Salah Fernandes Grealish Gundogan
DCL Bamford Antonio

Son Rudiger Coufal
Have the same issue. Can't bring myself to bench him. For me it's between Antonio, Soucek and Son. But I don't think I'll ever be able to bench Soucek again :lol:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Any news on Saka? I'm not overly worried about the yellow tickets for Bamford and Raphinha.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Have the same issue. Can't bring myself to bench him. For me it's between Antonio, Soucek and Son. But I don't think I'll ever be able to bench Soucek again :lol:
I got rid of Soucek last night. Its easier just not having him :lol:. Already have Antonio and Coufal and 3 West Ham just seemed too much.It allowed me to get Grealish in and get some attacking Villa coverage, and 8 attackers all from different teams which I like

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not set in stone but will likely be something like GW26. They'll announce it after the next two GWs most likely.

Most of his barren spell was in that stretch where Liverpool couldn't score goals. That is an anomaly and unlikely to happen again any time soon. They're back scoring goals and he'll alwayss be in amongst the action and is a greedy cnut who also takes pens and has been the top points scorer since he's come to Liverpool. Take him out if you wish but I think that's crazy.

upto 2 transfers can be rolled over.

If you have Son, might as well keep him and ride out the Chelsea game. Whatever Spurs' form, they have West Brom coming up, who have the worst xG conceded. I'm bringing him in to captain him this game.
Spurs look terrible at the moment. I'll be surprised if they even beat west brom.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Spurs look terrible at the moment. I'll be surprised if they even beat west brom.
I agree they look shit but West Brom are worse than a league one team. They'll get beat. And now if Mourinho ignores Bale and plays that Vinicious guy, it could mean good things for Son.

I really can't decide if I want to bring in DCL or not. I kind of dont want to but just worried about that leaky Leeds defence.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I agree they look shit but West Brom are worse than a league one team. They'll get beat. And now if Mourinho ignores Bale and plays that Vinicious guy, it could mean good things for Son.

I really can't decide if I want to bring in DCL or not. I kind of dont want to but just worried about that leaky Leeds defence.
I just have 0 faith in Jose and I think he may be on the verge of one of his customary meltdowns.

As for DCL he's a steaky player, you just have to gamble he's about to go on one or get rid and bring back when he starts scoring.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Martinez ( 4.0 )

Dallas - Stones - Dias (Cresswell, Chilwell)

Gundogan - Bruno - Salah - Grealish - Soucek

Bamford - DCL (Brewster)

1 FT - > What to do with it? I am completely lost.

7.2 ITB.

Could upgrade Brewster, could go from Chilwell -> 4.5 def to free up more funds. I could bring in a Liverpool def for someone.

Paul_Scholes18

Worth a hit to improve the squad, but not necessary the 11?

I am not sure it is, but I fear to be with 10 men again which would make the hit worth it.

Pep is the main source for worries, but also Saka not being 100% and Chilwell being dropped.

hubbuh

Martinez ( 4.0 )

Bamford - DCL (Brewster)

7.2 ITB.

Could upgrade Brewster, could go from Chilwell -> 4.5 def to free up more funds. I could bring in a Liverpool def for someone.
No reason to be completely lost, Brewster is your only issue there. Just upgrade him and you're good I'd say. Chilwell could be moved on but it's not a gamechanger.

hubbuh

Son on my bench, am I mental? Very happy with squad at the min, can't see anyone else in that front 8 to leave out.

Martinez
Robertson Stones Cancelo
Salah Fernandes Grealish Gundogan
DCL Bamford Antonio

Son Rudiger Coufal
I've got practically the exact same team :nervous: Is Bamford going to start, then? I think I'll bench Son as well, although it does feel a bit wrong.

Dan_F

Martinez ( 4.0 )

Bamford - DCL (Brewster)

7.2 ITB.

Roll the transfer or upgrade Brewster to someone like Antonio (although I wouldn’t play Antonio and Soucek together). I think we need another week to see what happens with Stones or Chilwell. You’d be pretty unlucky to see both of them dropped again in this game week.

El-Manos

soucek out Salah in? Or son for salah? I wouldn’t lose any value. Also tempted to captain either Grealish or Gündogan today. Ideally I want to bring in a Liverpool mid but not sure who is most likely to start

Last edited:

Skåre Willoch

Martinez (Nyland)
Dias - Dallas - Coufal (Reguilon, Mitchell)
Fernandes - Maddison - Grealish - Salah (Saka)
Bamford - Cavani (Brewster)

1FT. 8.0(!) ITB.

Really, really tough, this.
Coming off a very good gameweek, top 20k, and all chips in hand.
Considering saving the FT, so I can do a mini WC the week after (or after that, depending on Covid etc).

There's no value up front. I can do literally whatever I want, but I don't really see the big upside with anyone. I also want to keep some money ITB to be able to navigate things if/when Kane comes back, Agüero comes back, KDB or Sterling once again become must haves, etc.

Brewster to Antonio or DCL, maybe? Reguilon to whoever, like Shaw, Slabhead or even TAA?

hubbuh

Martinez (Nyland)
Dias - Dallas - Coufal (Reguilon, Mitchell)
Fernandes - Maddison - Grealish - Salah (Saka)
Bamford - Cavani (Brewster)

1FT. 8.0(!) ITB.

Really, really tough, this.
Coming off a very good gameweek, top 20k, and all chips in hand.
Considering saving the FT, so I can do a mini WC the week after (or after that, depending on Covid etc).

There's no value up front. I can do literally whatever I want, but I don't really see the big upside with anyone. I also want to keep some money ITB to be able to navigate things if/when Kane comes back, Agüero comes back, KDB or Sterling once again become must haves, etc.

Brewster to Antonio or DCL, maybe? Reguilon to whoever, like Shaw, Slabhead or even TAA?
You must be virtually at the top of the 'caf league, then? I'm 100k overall and around 20th in the 'caf league.

Skåre Willoch

That's weird. The 10th placed person in the 'caf league (above you) is 48k overall (below you).

Potentially, I'm only in the Redcafe 20/21 one.
Then we're in different leagues. I'm in the one called "RedCafe". Number 10 (Numpties FC) is 9182 overall.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Who am i benching from this lot

Salah. Son. Bruno. Grealish. Gundo

Dcl. Watkins. Bamford.

Dangerous!

Tempted to bring Maguire in to join Stones Dias axis.

Justin Coufal Dier the contenders to ruck off. Dier probs top pick.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Suggests that City v Everton will move to GW24 (Feb 17th) if/when City beat Swansea in the cup.

Knock on effect would likely be City v Wolves in GW26 and City v Saints in GW27 on top of their other games.

El-Manos

soucek out Salah in? Or son for salah? I wouldn’t lose any value. Also tempted to captain either Grealish or Gündogan today. Ideally I want to bring in a Liverpool mid but not sure who is most likely to start
Help ?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just realised justin has Fulham so probably mad not to start him.
Roll transfer job i think.

Though would appreciate thoughts on which of my front 8 to bench!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just worried he might be benched but yes makes sense !
Mane was rested last game because of some injury, which would mean that it's likely Salah plays. Mane may play some part but I'm sure they would want him 100% fit for the City game. Salah may come off if Liverpool get a couple of goals, in which case, he is the likeliest one to get those goals.

This is a week without obvious captains, and in those instances, when in doubt, captain Salah as he has the highest ceiling of all players and most people will captain him so you don't want to fall behind.

I'm about to roll my transfer, unless someone sees something obvious I can improve?

Note: I plan to swap Soucek for Son next week.

Martinez
Chilwell, Cancelo, Stones
Salah (c), Gundogan, Fernandes (vc), Soucek, Grealish
Bamford, Antonio

Subs: Forster, Dallas, Coufal, Adams

I've got like 8.5m in the bank so can transfer anyone.

RedDevil@84

who should I bench out of Bamford, Antonio, Wilson and Gundogen?
It is a toss between Bamford, Antonio and Wilson.
Usually if Bamford plays good for one week, he is bound to be average for next one. But you never know.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
9th in mini league, 7 of the teams above me have Salah. I dont have any Liverpool players.

Don't know whether to drop a top player/use spare cash and get Salah (so I'm at least at parity for that one player)

or, stick to non Liverpool squad and do another transfer.

Head or heart?
I think if you want to do well on fantasy, you need to take your heart out of it. If I choose a team without any Liverpool or City players, then I can’t complain about not beating my mates.

Admire what you’ve tried to do, but it’s difficult to not have Salah. Even with his COVID, I benched him.

Nickosaur

Obvious move for me this week is Che Adams to Bamford. Can't believe I haven't had Bamford in my team up to now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mane was rested last game because of some injury, which would mean that it's likely Salah plays. Mane may play some part but I'm sure they would want him 100% fit for the City game. Salah may come off if Liverpool get a couple of goals, in which case, he is the likeliest one to get those goals.

This is a week without obvious captains, and in those instances, when in doubt, captain Salah as he has the highest ceiling of all players and most people will captain him so you don't want to fall behind.
Surely Salah at home to Brighton is one of the most obvious captaincies of the season?
Especially as like you say Mane may well be out, and they won't start without both.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bench Watkins or Son. You already have Villa coverage with Grealish in a reasonably tricky game, and Son is probably in the team least likely to score/create chances
If it was Son away to Chelsea, I'd probably do that. But at home, you think, can they be as crap again, and if they get any attacking points it'll surely be him. Also, they don't play until Thursday, so if others fail, it'll be a tough watch last game. Irrational probably, like not captaining a first game player.

Watkins is a decent shout. But I love watching Villa, and the idea of watching them hoping he fails is awkward.
He is such a nearly man though, but puts in the occasional double digit.

DCL has to play against Leeds, but was Bamford's haul one of his occasional hauls and he's back on the goal trail, or is it him and Leeds back at the attacking races?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Obvious move for me this week is Che Adams to Bamford. Can't believe I haven't had Bamford in my team up to now.
Trust me, he's one of those who always looks a massive threat when you don't have him, but barely looks a footballer when you do :)