Fantasy Premier League 20/21

RedDevil@84

This is why you can't let your heart rule your head in fantasy footy.
It's great having our players when they score, but loading too many up is asking for issues.
Bruno has been in team since GW2. Shaw was the second player I took after that and that was last week :D

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bruno has been in team since GW2. Shaw was the second player I took after that and that was last week :D
Yep. Rashy/Martial/Cavani are tempting, but none feel right this season.

Martial now he's in as a striker is probably too expensive and he's on a poor form for 6months spell too.
Cavani will score single goals here and there, but still fairly expensive for risk of rotations.
Rashy will either 10 point it or blank for weeks in a row. Real lotto fare.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Everyone who is playing competitively will have Bruno, but Shaw assist :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shaw getting an 8 pointer despite conceding is the only positive of that performance!

TrashPanda

I sort of want Rashi on the bench, make him fight to play. He has been rubbish recently. Must be smth on his mind, he just isn't focused enough, made so so many mistakes today...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I sort of want Rashi on the bench, make him fight to play. He has been rubbish recently. Must be smth on his mind, he just isn't focused enough, made so so many mistakes today...
Unfortunately he and Martial have quite a low level when they're not on it.
You'd hope consistency would come soon, especially for Martial at 25.

Dan_F

Rashford is probably an easy one to lose to find funds for Kane/Son. It’s just whether I go directly to Son, or find a cheaper alternative to get Kane back.

If I go with Son, it means I can probably upgrade either DCL or Antonio for Vardy. Ideally Antonio would be good to keep for the blank, but the fixtures leading up to it aren’t inspiring.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rashford is probably an easy one to lose to find funds for Kane/Son. It’s just whether I go directly to Son, or find a cheaper alternative to get Kane back.

If I go with Son, it means I can probably upgrade either DCL or Antonio for Vardy. Ideally Antonio would be good to keep for the blank, but the fixtures leading up to it aren’t inspiring.
If you can wait one last week, Rashy v Newcastle still has a decent hope of a return.
But Chelsea and City away after is awkward. Although United will most likely have a double in week 26.

Dan_F

If you can wait one last week, Rashy v Newcastle still has a decent hope of a return.
But Chelsea and City away after is awkward. Although United will most likely have a double in week 26.
Yeah that was the plan! I am tempted by losing a City defender as the fixtures turn a bit, but there’s a lot of potential for doubles etc.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah that was the plan! I am tempted by losing a City defender as the fixtures turn a bit, but there’s a lot of potential for doubles etc.
I'm hoping that people in my league aren't sharp enough to do their wildcard in week 25 and Bench boost with 15 doublers in 26.

That's the big play left if you hold those 2 options.

I'm glad quite a few rivals wazzed their free hit away in that light week a few weeks back, as they'll be in big trouble for week 29.

Dan_F

I'm hoping that people in my league aren't sharp enough to do their wildcard in week 25 and Bench boost with 15 doublers in 26.

That's the big play left if you hold those 2 options.

I'm glad quite a few rivals wazzed their free hit away in that light week a few weeks back, as they'll be in big trouble for week 29.
Yeah I don’t have the free hit, but in fairness it was the right move for my team. Things fell into place very nice for those that didn’t FH with the City game being moved example.

I don’t really know why, but I convinced my mini league leader not to use the FH with 5 injuries this week. He’s definitely going to punish my kindness, as Bellerin looks like he’s going to make up for the -8 by himself!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I don’t have the free hit, but in fairness it was the right move for my team. Things fell into place very nice for those that didn’t FH with the City game being moved example.

I don’t really know why, but I convinced my mini league leader not to use the FH with 5 injuries this week. He’s definitely going to punish my kindness, as Bellerin looks like he’s going to make up for the -8 by himself!
Yeah that is some maniac behaviour from you.
But he sounds like an amateur if he was even considering it with that light week 29 coming.

Dan_F

Yeah that is some maniac behaviour from you.
But he sounds like an amateur if he was even considering it with that light week 29 coming.
Think he was panicking as I’ve cut the 50 point gap completely in the space of a couple of weeks. I’ve finished top of it four years in a row, but he’s just continually got points from the bench this season.

After being 15k last year, I’m at 300k this year. The mini league is the only thing keeping me going!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think he was panicking as I’ve cut the 50 point gap completely in the space of a couple of weeks. I’ve finished top of it four years in a row, but he’s just continually got points from the bench this season.

After being 15k last year, I’m at 300k this year. The mini league is the only thing keeping me going!
Mini leagues are what it's all about really.
Without them, quoting 1,000, 15,000, 100,000, 4millionth don't really make any real odds. First time I'd even checked my rank was when someone asked the other week.

Dan_F

Mini leagues are what it's all about really.
Without them, quoting 1,000, 15,000, 100,000, 4millionth don't really make any real odds. First time I'd even checked my rank was when someone asked the other week.
True. It’s a good indication of how well you’re doing though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
True. It’s a good indication of how well you’re doing though.
Yeah if it motivates people, fair play. I suppose not everyone is in a league.

We have 81 in my work league this year. I've scraped 1st at the moment, as our leader didn't have Gundo at all. However, she had Bruno captain and triple City defence, so we'll see how it all pans out with half the game week still to go.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
109 points so far. Had Bruno and Shaw which worked well today. Bamford not so great.

Ederson, Dias, Gundogan (Triple C), Lowton and Antonio to play.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
109 points so far. Had Bruno and Shaw which worked well today. Bamford not so great.

Ederson, Dias, Gundogan (Triple C), Lowton and Antonio to play.
Huge haul. With just a massive tinge of frustration that Gundo could well miss adding you another big haul.
Though it feels very greedy even writing that after a 38 pointer as mere captain.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I’m hopeful Gundogan even makes the bench and has a sub appearance. Doubtful though.