Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Cornish

Finally settled on this as a wildcard team:
Martinez / Forster
TAA / Coady / Rudiger / Lowton / Mitchell
Fernandes / Son / Salah / Lingard / Raphinha
Kane / Iheanacho / Davis

But now looking at it I'm thinking that there isn't a lot of cover there when it comes to rotation, blanks etc. Reckon you need at least 2 on the bench who at least will play in order to cover for the remainder of the season due to the uncertainly over blanks and with Mitchell and Davis not sure I've got that.

Thinking should I maybe downgrade Rudiger to Phillips as I'm not convinced Rudiger is a guaranteed starter (Although that would then mean double Liverpool defence which I'm not sure about) but I could then upgrade Davis to someone like Vydra or Mitchell to Holding which gives a lot more strength to the bench.

Should I go for squad depth or focus on a better starting XI?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
feck it. Brought Nacho in for Watkins a week ahead of schedule.

Bench DCL or Son?

Thinking Dom.
Good man. With Grealish out, Watkins is rendered as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I would probably bench DCL but that literally is a coin toss.

Paul_Scholes18

Good man. With Grealish out, Watkins is rendered as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I would probably bench DCL but that literally is a coin toss.
I am playing Watkins over Raphinha and hope for something big.

Antonio injury really messing up my plans so Watkins is staying for the rest of the season now I think.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
No idea what to do with my team this week, so I'll do nothing and see what happens. Wait and see approach.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Who is the captain ? Is Jota worth it? Kane don't score against us and so it's a bit of risk. DCL may be ?

saivet

Who should I start out of Lookman, Watkins and Bamford?

I would go with Lookman but with his injury last week, I fear he may only get a short cameo tonight.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm on Salah. But always a risk he's rested, in between the two Euro games. Could easily be Mane though. The problem is 4 doesn't go into 3 now.

Jota will do the business over the weeks, but will he play this week?

I'm going to gamble yes, but captaining is too strong for sure.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Who is the captain ? Is Jota worth it? Kane don't score against us and so it's a bit of risk. DCL may be ?
Jota is worth it if he plays. That's always going to be the issue with him. Doubt he'll get many 90 mins. Salah is the standout option. Yes, he may get rotated but ANY of the premium picks this week might also get rotated.

Who should I start out of Lookman, Watkins and Bamford?

I would go with Lookman but with his injury last week, I fear he may only get a short cameo tonight.
Lookman has little upside and Wolves are solid defensively despite that game against West Ham. Until then (and excluding their game against City), they rarely concede more than one goal per game. The other two have higher ceilings.

Is Pieters worth a punt against SOU vs Maddison against WHU
Dyche confirmed that Taylor is fully fit again so Pieters has a big chance of missing out. Maddison will also have minutes managed according to Brendton Rodgers... Don't you have anyone else?

saivet

Lookman has little upside and Wolves are solid defensively despite that game against West Ham. Until then (and excluding their game against City), they rarely concede more than one goal per game. The other two have higher ceilings.
Yeah you're right. I'll probably go with Watkins as the guys I'm chasing in my ML don't have him and Liverpool are a bit of a mess at the back. Hopefully another 7 goals for Villa...

RedDevil@84

Dyche confirmed that Taylor is fully fit again so Pieters has a big chance of missing out. Maddison will also have minutes managed according to Brendton Rodgers... Don't you have anyone else?
I just realized I said Pieters. Jeez
I meant should I play Pereira vs SOU or Maddison vs WHU

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Jota and Phillips in.
Salah cap.
Shaw, Raphina,Coufal benched.

Every chance one of those 3 comes in when you have Stones/Dias/Gundo who are half way through a tight champions league quarter. Gundo has missed the last 2 league games though, and came off on 81 midweek, so surely can't ber ested a 3rd game in a row? As long as 1 of the 3 play as 2 safe subs to come in.

Best of luck chaps.

Paul_Scholes18

TAA Dias coady Rudiger Holding

who to bench?
It is a pretty boring defensive team and thenTAA who even though I think Villa will score you should start.

I bench Holding and Coady, but I can understand benching Dias.

There is a chance he do not play 90 minutes. Most likely he either start or do not come on. Although if he start he could get 45 minutes.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Shaw or Holgate this week?

El-Manos

It is a pretty boring defensive team and thenTAA who even though I think Villa will score you should start.

I bench Holding and Coady, but I can understand benching Dias.

There is a chance he do not play 90 minutes. Most likely he either start or do not come on. Although if he start he could get 45 minutes.
I have Trent, Coady & Holding starting. I don’t think City will keep a clean sheet. Maybe I should start rudiger over holding though. Was thinking of bringing in Shaw but decided against it.

Nickosaur

Urgh I clearly don't work well under pressure, took captaincy off Jota and now Chris Wood is in my starting XI.

Chris fecking Wood...

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Well thats it. WC locked. First 11 set. And regret inevitable :lol:

Good luck one and all!
There's probably 20-30 players we could have made a case for... odds are against us having picked the right XI and there's bound to be players that do well this weekend and we go "I nearly put him in!"?

Made one change last minute but considered another 6... coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Urgh I clearly don't work well under pressure, took captaincy off Jota and now Chris Wood is in my starting XI.

Chris fecking Wood...
He's in the fantasy scout picks, and while people joke about that cursing players, they generally make excellent logical picks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Scrolled through the top 10 in my league, and a good few now have Salah with a couple bringing Jota in too.

Someone's captained Vardy away at Wham, and another guy has done his wildcard, with only Mendy of City. I get the week 33 risk of not fielding 11 with too many City/Tott, but Mendy is an interesting choice. He's started 2 of the last 10 or so, albeit 2 from 3. But Zinchenko could come in just as easily as Cancelo playing again.

saivet

Planned to transfer Lookman for Neto tonight but with Neto being injured I'll have to rethink. Possibly Lookman and Auba out for Lingard and Jota for the next GW?

I'll see how this current GW and midweek CL and EL fixtures play out now.

Paul_Scholes18

My rival with Aina. This round is going to be pure shit for me.

Next week should hopefully be much better with TC.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Coady first on the bench. Hopefully someone in the first 11 miss out. Shaw the most likely candidate...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Roll on City v Leeds tomorrow.

A game that has the potential to be killed just from that first hopeful look at the team sheet!

Paul_Scholes18

Roll on City v Leeds tomorrow.

A game that has the potential to be killed just from that first hopeful look at the team sheet!
Yeah I regret selling Gundogan. Cause right now I plan to bring Bruno back for next week anyway.

Thus Raphinha may have to go anyway although I am not fully sure.