Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
It leaves you vulnerable to as many things as it solves though.

Everton and Villa doubles yet to be arranged
Talk of a big double game week 35/36

City if they get kocked out of Europe suddenly become key to back again as well.

All a game of decisions though!
Ahuh. I thought about odd DGW but carefully looked at remaining fixture difficulty as with just 8 games left, wanted players that I could (if needed) hold for the run in and avoid too many swaps/-4s.

I'm not interested in any Everton player and Villa sans Grealish looked poor (:rolleyes:) and the runs for the teams like Wolves (cheap), Liverpool, Arsenal, etc (who I had none of) made me look at my team and think I only wanted to keep Bruno and Kane, so WC made sense in my position and with 8 to go, didn't want to hold as certain that the teams around me in my ML would WC... all bar one team in our top.15 have used it.

You'll have the benefit of considering post League Cup Final/CL games

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ahuh. I thought about odd DGW but carefully looked at remaining fixture difficulty as with just 8 games left, wanted players that I could (if needed) hold for the run in and avoid too many swaps/-4s.

I'm not interested in any Everton player and Villa sans Grealish looked poor (:rolleyes:) and the runs for the teams like Wolves (cheap), Liverpool, Arsenal, etc (who I had none of) made me look at my team and think I only wanted to keep Bruno and Kane, so WC made sense in my position and with 8 to go, didn't want to hold as certain that the teams around me in my ML would WC... all bar one team in our top.15 have used it.

You'll have the benefit of considering post League Cup Final/CL games
I'm also factoring in against rivals in my league. The one with the BB and wildcard is very dangerous, as if there is that big double, and he plays a wc the week before using a BB in a double I need something to counter balance it.

Everton if they have a double mean you have to cover DCL for one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Glad Kane put in his standard performance against us so a rival who took 30+ points off me blanks for him as captain.

Roll on Richarlison doing something tomorrow. Not confident though.

Swiss_Red89

Feck it after a few pints and todays performance i just brought in Deano for Martinez.
Deano was vital for me last season so welcome back lad:devil:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Kelechi and Son on bench.

Last second was thinking between Philips + Vardy or Laca and TAA, chose the former option. Feck this game

Leonzo1

82 points. Went from 60k to 20k. Wildcard paying off. Brought in TAA, Laca, Inhenacho, Lingard and Coady.

Paul_Scholes18

Can't make it up.
Held Dier on my bench for weeks, and finally shipped him this week, as he'd not played in about 6 or 7.
Now he's suddenly back in from nowhere, just before their double!

Was still not ideal having 6 Tottenham/City before their blank though, so in a way it still made sense.

Just shows how quickly fantasy footy can change though.
Yeah it is a crazy season.

These injuries are just killing me though. Cresswell injury ruins all my potential plans really.

I will have to keep Dias for longer or take a -8.

Selling Dallas mess things up not cause I would have got his points, but since he could at least play and be used as bench cover for the next weeks. I sold him cause I thought I could do Dias out next.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah it is a crazy season.

These injuries are just killing me though. Cresswell injury ruins all my potential plans really.

I will have to keep Dias for longer or take a -8.

Selling Dallas mess things up not cause I would have got his points, but since he could at least play and be used as bench cover for the next weeks. I sold him cause I thought I could do Dias out next.
I've had a few too many weeks just hoping to get through with the same margins as rivals.
Will have to go more aggressive soon, or i'll be losing places.

Best to wait until last thing in the week again though.
See how Europe goes, to see if that makes any decisions easier than they look at the moment.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I'm also factoring in against rivals in my league. The one with the BB and wildcard is very dangerous, as if there is that big double, and he plays a wc the week before using a BB in a double I need something to counter balance it.

Everton if they have a double mean you have to cover DCL for one.
All in all, I think WC worked well for me but (1) had to put Liverpool players in and (2) how jammy is the Iheanacho sub?

Think that'll be 77.

Paul_Scholes18

I've had a few too many weeks just hoping to get through with the same margins as rivals.
Will have to go more aggressive soon, or i'll be losing places.

Best to wait until last thing in the week again though.
See how Europe goes, to see if that makes any decisions easier than they look at the moment.
I play too aggressive I think. It has worked fairly well this season, but sometimes end up going in strange ways to get players back.

Like I sold Bruno for Salah for a hit earlier this season after having done the reverse move when Salah got covid. Then wanted Bruno too so had to force things to make it work with additional hits.

Now I did plan to get Bruno back which is hard, but Lingards form make me want to get him instead so my moves to free up money for Bruno do not make much sense. Both is impossible without selling the guys I want to keep.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All in all, I think WC worked well for me but (1) had to put Liverpool players in and (2) how jammy is the Iheanacho sub?

Think that'll be 77.

Well over double my score.
Just time will tell if you wish you had that wildcard if there's doubles and stuff up later. Good to bank that this week though as I expect the average will be dreadful.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I play too aggressive I think. It has worked fairly well this season, but sometimes end up going in strange ways to get players back.

Like I sold Bruno for Salah for a hit earlier this season after having done the reverse move when Salah got covid. Then wanted Bruno too so had to force things to make it work with additional hits.

Now I did plan to get Bruno back which is hard, but Lingards form make me want to get him instead so my moves to free up money for Bruno do not make much sense. Both is impossible without selling the guys I want to keep.
I'm just annoyed I had the flexibility of 2 freebies and in Jota and Phillips they've basically achieved jack all.
Should have played percentages and brought Lingard in as more people have him. However, if it had gone the other way, could say the opposite, and Jota was the highest brought in player this week. I think he missed at least 2 good chances too - so those are the fine margins.

See if Richarlison does anything tomorrow, then we go again with 7 weeks to go.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm just annoyed I had the flexibility of 2 freebies and in Jota and Phillips they've basically achieved jack all.
Should have played percentages and brought Lingard in as more people have him. However, if it had gone the other way, could say the opposite, and Jota was the highest brought in player this week. I think he missed at least 2 good chances too - so those are the fine margins.

See if Richarlison does anything tomorrow, then we go again with 7 weeks to go.
Yeah Lingards form is pretty insane. He pass the eye test in terms of his movement and confidence. You just feel he will score if given a chance.

I thought I could wait with getting him since Leicester and Chelsea are hard games and he only had Newcastle as easier game, but he is not slowing down.

Although right now a hattrick vs Chelsea feels more likely than a blank and Chelsea have started to concede since I got Azpi.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah Lingards form is pretty insane. He pass the eye test in terms of his movement and confidence. You just feel he will score if given a chance.

I thought I could wait with getting him since Leicester and Chelsea are hard games and he only had Newcastle as easier game, but he is not slowing down.

Although right now a hattrick vs Chelsea feels more likely than a blank and Chelsea have started to concede since I got Azpi.
Rice and Antonio out too. So it didn't look an immediate job.

But I might weigh a -4 up of Salah and Gundo to Son and Lingard. And nip that right in the bud. We'll see.

Paul_Scholes18

Rice and Antonio out too. So it didn't look an immediate job.

But I might weigh a -4 up of Salah and Gundo to Son and Lingard. And nip that right in the bud. We'll see.
I think it can be a good time to play your wildcard soon and now load up on Spurs.

Although I do not trust them to get clean sheets.

I have been thinking Lloris since both my keepers got hard fixtures, but not sure he is worth a -4.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Hate this game. Now true story;
Last two rounds i am on 40 points. My wife (who doesn't know shit about football) wanted to have her team too when league started. She selected team randomly with only two rules; "Do i like player's name and did i ever heard for him". (btw, she knows 20 players max).
Since gw1 she didn't touched the team. And in last two rounds she has 70 points. Ffs!! And her captain is PETER Pogba! Her gk is Martinez. Bought while he was in Arsenal!!

RedDevil@84

69 pts with a WC is just a so so score. Could have captained Lingard, but then he would have blanked.
Bruno, Kane, Azpi, Shaw, Mendy blanking was bad, but thanks to Ihenacho for stepping up.

Vydra and Leno points lost on bench. If I had taken Dias for Shaw as initially planned, I would have got the Vydra points. But alas.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
32 points this week, absolutely ridiculous luck with Cresswell and Neto coming off with injuries too. I've basically lost both my minileagues already barring a miracle. I only scored from Mount's and Bamford's assists and Watkins goal this week...

I wanted to take -8 to bring Kelechi and TAA in but decided it wasn't worth it. I'm doing a -8 at least for next week, at least I'll have some fun.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
69 pts with a WC is just a so so score. Could have captained Lingard, but then he would have blanked.
Bruno, Kane, Azpi, Shaw, Mendy blanking was bad, but thanks to Ihenacho for stepping up.

Vydra and Leno points lost on bench. If I had taken Dias for Shaw as initially planned, I would have got the Vydra points. But alas.
:lol: so so score my arse. Unless you have a crystal ball then anything above the average is a good score and that's well above.

I'm more than happy with my 54(-4) with DCL, Digne and JWP to play.

If Cresswell is out for a while then I'll probably go Cresswell > Reguillon to have a Spurs triple up for their double. FH in 33, roll a transfer in 34 to save 2 for the potential double in 35. Team looks in good shape for the finish.

Planning on bringing in Salah in 36.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ended on 70 all out. Happy enough but annoying to see Coady, Vydra and potentially Forster on the bench. Can't believe Chelsea conceded that useless goal.

Withnail

All of my choices have gone against me over the past few weeks and I'm plumetting down my leagues from being near top spot for most of the season.

Selling Dallas for Shaw before the City game, bringing in KDB and Jota recently and being late to the Lingard train.

Everyone else seems to have brought in Kane over the past while aswell.

Thinking of swapping out KDB/Jota for Salah/Pogba.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
If Ben White keeps a clean sheet and scores a brace, I might end up with an acceptable score this week.

Nickosaur

56 all out. Should see green arrows, so have to be happy, but can't help but be a little disappointed with Shaw coming off the bench with 1 when I also have Son and Coady on the bench. And once again bottled the captaincy (had it on Lingard and TAA during the week, but switched to Kane minutes before the deadline).
Will have to check the rankings after tonight's games - currently 8k OR but with many having Everton/Brighton players and automatic subs happening, I'm hoping to still be in the top 10k for the first time this season.

RedDevil@84

:lol: so so score my arse. Unless you have a crystal ball then anything above the average is a good score and that's well above.
:lol:
For weeks, I used to get 40s and 50s and used to come here and see people saying they had an ok-ish week with 80 pts and all.

RedDevil@84

Need Pereira to either play a blinder against Sou'ton or sit out the game so that Vydra would come off the bench.

Schneiderman

Pereira looks like he could be a shout for the rest of the season, though the fixtures aren't great. Praying for one of my Everton players to completely sit out tonight.

Paul_Scholes18

No DCL. Rival gets Dallas from the bench. Bloody freaking hell.

I am still ahead though, but it is getting closer.

His bench was Son, Bamford and Dalllas and he gets the lot in.

Neo_Mufc

WOW!!!

It's a miracle. No DCL and I'm getting Dallas 17 pointer!!!!!!!!!! GET IN!

Poch

Supports
Spurs
WOW!!!

It's a miracle. No DCL and I'm getting Dallas 17 pointer!!!!!!!!!! GET IN!
Snap, it feels good decent it? I stay top of my work league with those Dallas points, happy days.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
DCL missing means a rival gets the Dallas points. I'm still 100 ahead though so should win but that kind of shit is annoying, especially as he has Dallas third on the bench!