Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Paul_Scholes18

I overturned around 70 in 3 weeks once but all my punts paid off. You need MASSIVE luck every week and even then it might not work.
Yeah I feel you need bad luck for your rival. Like injuries and red cards that force them to take hits.

Then you need some good captains and lucky differentials.

Paul_Scholes18

Then I have to make Pereira vs AVL and Shaw Vs Leeds choice. Shaw is definitely not keeping a clean sheet. So unless he makes attacking returns, it will be 2 pts.
I think we have a good chance of keeping a clean sheet and he could get attacking returns. Although it depend on if Raphinha plays too.

Which defenders do you got? I think TAA is better than Shaw and maybe Castagne as well.
Digne vs Arsenal without the two best strikers could be good too.

RedDevil@84

I think we have a good chance of keeping a clean sheet and he could get attacking returns. Although it depend on if Raphinha plays too.

Which defenders do you got? I think TAA is better than Shaw and maybe Castagne as well.
Digne vs Arsenal without the two best strikers could be good too.
Already playing TAA. Can choose 2 from Shaw, Azpi and Holding. Choosing Shaw or Azpi seem the same risk, but I am already having Greenwood/Bruno in midfield. So I wasn't sure I should add triple United

Paul_Scholes18

Already playing TAA. Can choose 2 from Shaw, Azpi and Holding. Choosing Shaw or Azpi seem the same risk, but I am already having Greenwood/Bruno in midfield. So I wasn't sure I should add triple United
I think Chelsea can always get clean sheets so I never would rule them out. Although West Ham I fancy to score with the form they got.

I probably go Shaw and Azpi. I do not trust Arsenal and DCL could be back for Everton so I feel they might score.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I overturned around 70 in 3 weeks once but all my punts paid off. You need MASSIVE luck every week and even then it might not work.
I’m obviously kidding. I’ve given up on that league already. The other one where I’m 55 behind is still doable as the other guy has only 7 players for next GW and his squad is shambles overall. 140 points I will obviously not catch up. I won the same league the previous two seasons so I’m not too fussed, I messed up beginning of this year and went 150 behind within 10 weeks. I got within 80 but then made terrible decisions again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Actually, Shaw is staying.

I'm definitely dropping Coady.

But do I go for Veltman who should keep Sheffield out...

Or Ward who I would bench for Vydra but he has a nice double and then doesn't blank afterwards...

Someone help please @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore
Actually, Shaw is staying.

I'm definitely dropping Coady.

But do I go for Veltman who should keep Sheffield out...

Or Ward who I would bench for Vydra but he has a nice double and then doesn't blank afterwards...

Someone help please @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore
I definitely wouldn't lose Coady pre Burnley at home. Wolves are tight and their games barely have any goals.
Id probably either risk one of your keepers play or look at another keeper. Sanchez home to Sheff U or a doubler you can afford for free.
I can see West Brom doing something v Villa and Martinez's double has United in it.

Nickosaur

Excellent week, 83 points and now up to OR 6,600.
I have 2x FTs but will probably just transfer Salah in for Son. Would give me the following team

Schmeichel
Alonso / Rudiger / TAA / Shaw / Coady
Salah / Jota / Fernandes / Lingard
Nacho

Bench: only Chris Wood really. But he'll probably play as I'm certain one of Alonso/Rudiger will be rotated.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Excellent week, 83 points and now up to OR 6,600.
I have 2x FTs but will probably just transfer Salah in for Son. Would give me the following team

Schmeichel
Alonso / Rudiger / TAA / Shaw / Coady
Salah / Jota / Fernandes / Lingard
Nacho

Bench: only Chris Wood really. But he'll probably play as I'm certain one of Alonso/Rudiger will be rotated.
Yeah must be a Chilwell gw you'd think.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
So whats the deal with Kane? Any confirmation on how long he's out for?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
So whats the deal with Kane? Any confirmation on how long he's out for?
Didn't Mason say they hope to have him back on the grass by the end of the week? Sounds to me like they're desperate to rush him back for the Cup final (as you'd expect) and he'll be fine for Sheffield United on 2nd May assuming he doesn't aggravate it again.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
23 April 2021

FAO: Internal Caffers

Today is a Red Letter Day.

After a disappointing past two weeks, it is with great sadness that I am officially announcing my resignation from caring about the 2020/21 Fantasy Football League.

With my mini-league chances all but scuppered due to the non-performances of Mohamed Salah and Bruno Fernandes in recent weeks - not to mention the capitulation of Manchester City defence - I'm left feeling we need a more competent person in charge if we're finally to take the title. Sadly, that person isn't me

It wasn't all bad, of course. We started poorly, thinking Timo Werner would replicate his Bundesliga form, but galvanised the squad in the mid-season when we saw the light and finally signed Patrick Bamford and Illan Meslier. These past few weeks though have been super tough. Leeds have decided to stop trying to out-score their opponents and I admit lateness to react to the Jesse Lingard hype. It's all come to a crunch now as we sit 160 points off our bitterest and most evil rivals, Smack my Bilic Up.

Today we mourn but we can't cry forever. I promise that we'll be back next season.

The blender will be ours!

RUUD_10_LEGEND

Got a Raphina problem this weekend as he's not a cert to play and all 4 of my bench are blanking.

I can bring in Iheanacho for Jesus and likely cover the -4 hit, but I'm hoping for a Bielsa news conference today before the deadline to see if Raphina might play afterall

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Got a Raphina problem this weekend as he's not a cert to play and all 4 of my bench are blanking.

I can bring in Iheanacho for Jesus and likely cover the -4 hit, but I'm hoping for a Bielsa news conference today before the deadline to see if Raphina might play afterall
He's out. Bielsa confirmed this morning.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Now panicking that Greenwood might be benched.

Surely he's in too good form to sit this one out?
We know Ole will start Fred and Scott as a double pivot. always does in matches where the opponent will try bully us.

That leaves 4 spaces. One will go to Bruno. One to Rashford. That leaves two spaces to be shared between Cavani, Greenwood, Pogba and potentially James.

If you have Greenwood, I'd make sure I have a bench cover option at least.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Martinez
Konsa Lowton Dallas
Harrison Salah Bruno Saka
Vardy Bamford Watkins

Salah and Vardy seem obvious captain choices but Bruno can't be ruled out. Who should I go with?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
We know Ole will start Fred and Scott as a double pivot. always does in matches where the opponent will try bully us.

That leaves 4 spaces. One will go to Bruno. One to Rashford. That leaves two spaces to be shared between Cavani, Greenwood, Pogba and potentially James.

If you have Greenwood, I'd make sure I have a bench cover option at least.
I've got Saka first bench. Greenwood will come on even if he doesn't start though. Fairly confident of that as I am that Leeds will give us a tougher game this time around.

Schneiderman

I could really use some Kane news. Have my wildcard active and need to know whether to save the funds for him, Vardy being my placeholder.

Any opinions on Watkins + Greenwood (or anyone up to 8.1) vs Cavani + Pereira?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Awaiting the Liverpool 1.30pm presser. Not sure if Klopp is exactly king honesty, but some sort of mention of Jota would be helpful.

I'm on a bare 11 with him, well, Davis for Villa could get a 1 pointer as 12th man,

If Jota was out, bearing in mind he's playing United next, I might be tempted to tweak things around - bring in someone who has a double coming.

Also ever so slightly weighing up Kane to Vardy, but could do with something a bit more concrete on Kane. You suspect he'll play at the weekend, but how wise that is is anyone's guess.

Is Vardy for 2 good fixtures, better than Kane for one? If Kane plays v Sheff Utd that's such a prime fixture.

IrishRedDevil

I've wildcard, triple captain and bench boost left to use. 3 chips in 6 weeks.

What's the strategy? Any double GW's on the horizon?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Without being a dick these injuries and question marks are great for a free hitter. Got a few below me looking at a -8 and more just to get 10/11 out.

Can't beat that green arrow before a ball has been been kicked feeling.

Paul_Scholes18

Without being a dick these injuries and question marks are great for a free hitter. Got a few below me looking at a -8 and more just to get 10/11 out.

Yeah if Jota is out I might need a -12.

Dan_F

You’ve played yourself there. Fully expecting you to get a load of 1 pointers after making a statement like that :lol:

I’ve got 11 players this week with Cresswell out. I’m pretty worried that Phillips won’t play though, so I’m tempted to bring in either a Brighton defender or Digne for the doubles.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
You’ve played yourself there. Fully expecting you to get a load of 1 pointers after making a statement like that :lol:

I’ve got 11 players this week with Cresswell out. I’m pretty worried that Phillips won’t play though, so I’m tempted to bring in either a Brighton defender or Digne for the doubles.
Oh yeah. Expectation for this gw is 60pts+. Reality will be half that with players I've removed banging. No doubt. I just meant the initial green arrow you tend to get if you don't take any hits when the game first reboots after deadline.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

I had similar conundrum. Brighton defender feels like a guaranteed clean sheet this week. I might just do that and not make a sub next week so it gives me two free transfers going into the potential DGW 35.

Even then, looking at that double, it's not that enticing.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I've wildcard, triple captain and bench boost left to use. 3 chips in 6 weeks.

What's the strategy? Any double GW's on the horizon?
You've got all three left?!!

Probably should have used TC or BB on a previous DGW as only one left.

See Ben Crellin Twitter (and posted a page or two back). Likely to have a DGW in a couple of weeks as games moved from one week to the following one (to get every club having a game at home with fans).

Probably WC into the DGW, BB or TC on the DGW (BB is have a lot playing twice, TC if not/have one good player with two good fixtures)?

Dan_F

I had similar conundrum. Brighton defender feels like a guaranteed clean sheet this week. I might just do that and not make a sub next week so it gives me two free transfers going into the potential DGW 35.

Even then, looking at that double, it's not that enticing.
I’m always wary of relying on poor teams keeping clean sheets. Logically they should do, but feels like a bit of a sideways step given that you wouldn’t be expecting many other clean sheets from their other fixtures.

I’m just hoping I can get a keeper out this week. Really don’t want to waste a transfer on getting Martinez back.