Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Paul_Scholes18

It's so difficult because I'm using my BB but I want to utilise as many doubles as possible because even if they don't return those extra 2 points will mean something.
I personally do not like to bet against us, but also not to bet on us too much. Just like I like having Salah to get a tiny amount of joy from Liverpool wins. Benching my players against Man United normally feels the best, but I will now have 2 Leicester, 2 Liverpool and 2 Aston Villa players against potentially 3 Man United players.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's so difficult because I'm using my BB but I want to utilise as many doubles as possible because even if they don't return those extra 2 points will mean something.
You need to rely on differentials.

Most teams will have for example Salah, Bruno, Ihenacho so you can instead get Mane, Rashford and Vardy.

It's your best play if you want to win but it can also blow back in your face of the usual suspects smash it.

Neo_Mufc

You need to rely on differentials.

Most teams will have for example Salah, Bruno, Ihenacho so you can instead get Mane, Rashford and Vardy.

It's your best play if you want to win but it can also blow back in your face of the usual suspects smash it.
I'm tempted by swapping Kane for Cavani. He's looked amazing last few games. Even if he gets 60-70 mins in each game he could come out with 3 goals.

Neo_Mufc

feck it let's go big! This my team on a -8. I'm thinking of swapping Sanchez too to bring in Guita and I think that would be fine for me. I'm BB as well.

Last edited:

DannyDash

Best keeper to get, Pickford or Forster?
Dont trust Guaita to keep clean sheets....

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok lads. Think there's only 4 options for me this week - pros and cons below.
Penciling in Number 3 at this stage. But can't quite escape number 2 blocks Watkins on all my rivals, and is very likely someone I bring in next week anyway - albeit for Nacho then.

1. Kane & Davis out to Watkins & DCL. Costs -4, big risk on binning Kane, but DCL/Watkins each have 2 games and play next week. DCL with a great fixture.
  2. Son & Davis out to Greenwood & Watkins - Costs -4, maintains 8 players playing next week, big risk on losing Son
  3. Lingard to Greenwood free. Greenwood "should" get more points than Lingard - and could smash his score. But down to 7 for next week
  4. Lingard to Zaha free. Same as above, but in 2 games not 3. Up front, and 2 great games, but Zaha is notoriously flakey. But would maintain 8 for next week.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Penciling in Number 3 at this stage. But can't quite escape number 2 blocks Watkins on all my rivals, and is very likely someone I bring in next week anyway - albeit for Nacho then.

1. Kane & Davis out to Watkins & DCL. Costs -4, big risk on binning Kane, but DCL/Watkins each have 2 games and play next week. DCL with a great fixture.
  2. Son & Davis out to Greenwood & Watkins - Costs -4, maintains 8 players playing next week, big risk on losing Son
  3. Lingard to Greenwood free. Greenwood "should" get more points than Lingard - and could smash his score. But down to 7 for next week
  4. Lingard to Zaha free. Same as above, but in 2 games not 3. Up front, and 2 great games, but Zaha is notoriously flakey. But would maintain 8 for next week.
I wouldn't worry about Watkins. I wouldn't even bring him in next week over either DCL or Antonio tbh. Don't spend so much time looking behind you that you lose the way ahead (sounding like Buddha here).

3 or 4 for me depending on Zaha injury news and how many hits you want to take next week.

saivet

Take another -4 hit to take out Coady for Castagne? I have my WC, so the blank won't impact me.

DannyDash

But you would trust Southampton? Can't even trust who starts in goal there at the moment so defo not Forster.
I don't trust Southampton at all, Everton are better away from home so have gone with Pickford, he does often tend to make saves too

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But you would trust Southampton? Can't even trust who starts in goal there at the moment so defo not Forster.
Southampton aren't particularly tight, but their manager has come out and said Forster plays the next 2. Which is weird, but is why I'm playing him over my Brom keeper. Although in fairness he's away at Arsenal anyway which doesn't scream points!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wouldn't worry about Watkins. I wouldn't even bring him in next week over either DCL or Antonio tbh. Don't spend so much time looking behind you that you lose the way ahead (sounding like Buddha here).

3 or 4 for me depending on Zaha injury news and how many hits you want to take next week.
Ta, think you're right. The Kane & Son potential to haul is still high, even if Leeds are tighter at home these days. And will want both next week for sure.

Will listen out for Zaha news, but Greenwood feels stronger right now, even if I do have to do 3 transfers next week.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

I like 4. If Zaha is fit to play... I hope he is as I already got him in!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I like 4. If Zaha is fit to play... I hope he is as I already got him in!
Haha, best of luck.
Palace worry me a bit as they're not exactly goal machines. Whereas United are, and Greenwood can come on late and bag one.
He didn't get really involved yesterday though and played the whole game. That's one concern, as is one game being v Liverpool which will be tight.

So say he only starts the middle game, then the "triple" appeal isn't anywhere near what it could have been.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Early Leicester team news if it helps anyone. No real surprises. Pereira back in for Thomas. Wonder if that means Castagne back to the left?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Early Leicester team news if it helps anyone. No real surprises. Pereira back in for Thomas. Wonder if that means Castagne back to the left?

Will definitely do.
Not sure that's a great sign, as it's from the right he's caused most of his carnage this season.
Hopefully they at least get a cleany from tonight. They're stronger at home, and Newcastle despite a bit of a surge aren't that strong still.

Would set the week off to a great start if he and Nacho could go big stylee.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would you do any of these?

Son to Rashford @ -4
Kane to Cavani @ -4
Kane and Son to Bruno and DCL @ -8
Third one gives you a really awkward watch of Tottenham v Leeds doesn't it.
Could come off though, and that 8 pointer could be absorbed merely in their extra games.

However, what if Kane/Son score one each?

Dan_F

Is Bruno likely to play all 3 of United's games this week?
Hang on, I’ll just give Ole a call for you mate.

Only kidding. I can’t see him starting them all, especially after playing so long last night. I think I’ll captain him though, because we’ll end up going behind in the game he rests and he’ll come on. Plus he’s looked back to his best in the two games against Roma.

Moby

Dick
Third one gives you a really awkward watch of Tottenham v Leeds doesn't it.
Could come off though, and that 8 pointer could be absorbed merely in their extra games.

However, what if Kane/Son score one each?
Yeah that's the worry. Going with one Spurs player is still ok but no Spurs? Who are in good form with the new manager bounce or whatever. Risky business.

Plus Bruno might not play all three anyway and blanks the week after. So essentially you likely don't get an extra game.

I am likely to stick my current team, just thinking about these options. I took Bruno out for Son last week, and the fixtures while rearranged have remained the same. The thought was I'd rather have Son vs SHU than Bruno vs Liverpool, which worked well and I have to stick to the prediction of Bruno not hauling in that game. Which leaves Son vs Lee(a) and Wol(h) against Bruno vs Villa(a) and Lei(h). Is that worth a -8? I am not sure Bruno would outscore Son in those games.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Hang on, I’ll just give Ole a call for you mate.

Only kidding. I can’t see him starting them all, especially after playing so long last night. I think I’ll captain him though, because we’ll end up going behind in the game he rests and he’ll come on. Plus he’s looked back to his best in the two games against Roma.
Yeah, I'm tossing up between captaining Salah or Bruno for this week.

RedDevil@84

This is my team and I don't mind taking a -8 this week, if I can BB and be ready for 1 FT for the blanks next week

Leno
Shaw TAA Castagne
Bruno Salah Greenwood Pereira Lingard
Nacho Kane

Bench: Mendy, Holding, Azpi, Vydra

I can change to

Leno Pickford
Shaw TAA Castagne
Bruno Salah Greenwood Pereira Siggurson Lingard
Nacho Kane

Bench: Mendy, Holding, Azpi Coleman/Godfrey, Vydra

Is that a team worth doing a BB or too much Everton?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah that's the worry. Going with one Spurs player is still ok but no Spurs? Who are in good form with the new manager bounce or whatever. Risky business.

Plus Bruno might not play all three anyway and blanks the week after. So essentially you likely don't get an extra game.

I am likely to stick my current team, just thinking about these options. I took Bruno out for Son last week, and the fixtures while rearranged have remained the same. The thought was I'd rather have Son vs SHU than Bruno vs Liverpool, which worked well and I have to stick to the prediction of Bruno not hauling in that game. Which leaves Son vs Lee(a) and Wol(h) against Bruno vs Villa(a) and Lei(h). Is that worth a -8? I am not sure Bruno would outscore Son in those games.
That's one way of looking at it.
But I suppose you can always switch Bruno back to Son next week, which takes out the risk of a haul that game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not a clue what to do. Please help

MARTINEZ
SHAW TAA DIGNE
JOTA MADDISON SIGGY Bale
WATKINS IHEANACHO Kane

Pope, ALONSO, Dallas, Raphinha

5m in bank
That looks a fairly simple one.
Bale to Bruno.

Then you have 11 playing more than 1, and Kane. That's golden.

Plus next week you can still field 10, so just do 1 transfer and a full side.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Bruno or Salah in for Bale looks the obvious move.
That looks a fairly simple one.
Bale to Bruno.

Then you have 11 playing more than 1, and Kane. That's golden.

Plus next week you can still field 10, so just do 1 transfer and a full side.
Cheers lads. Devastating to get rid of Bale after last weeks hat trick and him being my best differential but respect both your opinions. Can do Bruno to Salah then next week and probably DCL in for Iheanacho for a -4 (would only have 10 starters otherwise) which should leave me very strong for both gameweeks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cheers lads. Devastating to get rid of Bale after last weeks hat trick and him being my best differential but respect both your opinions. Can do Bruno to Salah then next week and probably DCL in for Iheanacho for a -4 (would only have 10 starters otherwise) which should leave me very strong for both gameweeks.
Just have to treat Bale as an occasional hauler. And remember it was Sheff Utd who are dreadful.
It'll be a shocker of Bale scores more points away at Leeds than Bruno does in at least 2 games, probably big periods of 3 games

RedDevil@84

This is my team and I don't mind taking a -8 this week, if I can BB and be ready for 1 FT for the blanks next week

Leno
Shaw TAA Castagne
Bruno Salah Greenwood Pereira Lingard
Nacho Kane

Bench: Mendy, Holding, Azpi, Vydra

I can change to

Leno Pickford
Shaw TAA Castagne
Bruno Salah Greenwood Pereira Siggurson Lingard
Nacho Kane

Bench: Mendy, Holding, Azpi Coleman/Godfrey, Vydra

Is that a team worth doing a BB or too much Everton?
Any suggestions? There are obvious replacements like Jota, Digne, Watkins etc., but I am playing one ML with my mates from college. And we are trying to keep our teams as different as possible in the final run in, however stupid that seems like :D

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Reading fantasy footy scout, Ole has basically said Maguire won't play all of the 3 games.
Said he could have been proud of playing every minute but doesn't think that's possible now. Smart money has to be on being benched for the Leicester middle game.

On a lighter note, how's this for the maddest ever intended transfer I spotted from someone.... all 3 have doubles for goodness sake!

Vardy, Jota, Castagne out for DCL, Bruno, Mitchell (-8)