Fantasy Premier League 20/21

saivet

Hands up who has Martinez for a clean sheet and a penalty save on his debut?
Yep with Ramsdale on my bench too, so could have been a big regret. Hopefully he gets some bonus points, though I think the penalty was the only save he made.

United Hobbit

I am doing absolutely dreadfully probably my worst start ever.

Had under 20 points already, of course Mane who I removed in disgust at Salah last week scores 2 goal.

My 2 Sheffield United players get -3 points between them, with one getting sent off and the other missing a penalty, reducing my already pathetic score

Finger hovering very close to the wildcard button

What are people's thoughts on TAA. He's usually a regular for me but im tempted to ditch him to free up funds elsewhere but lots of people use him

Last edited:

Mcking

This week just got better for me. Burke starting and Vinagre coming on. So happy I didn't transfer him out. Hope Marcal won't play for a while.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I want to take ASM out. Tough fixtures and he might be injured.

Think Leeds are looking good and playing an off form Sheffield United.

Question is, Klich Vs Costa? Or go full left field and get Podence?

podurban2

Klich is on penalties, no? I’d take him for that reason.

podurban2

Yes was thinking that... Although he's 0.1 more but I guess it's worth it!
I’d say so if you are not restrained by the 0.1. Re: Podence I read Woves are linked to a player that may push him to the bench. With how attacking Leeds are, Klich looks like a great buy into that attack.

Mcking

Klich is now 5.6 Though he takes penalties, he plays much deeper than Costa and Harrison, I think. So got to decide which could be more valuable.

The worry with Podence is minutes. If Wolves complete Semedo's signing, he'd have to compete with Neto, Adama and Fabio Silva. With Jimenez rarely ever subbed and Nuno playing with just two forwards sometimes, I'm sceptical about Podence.

Rude von Mistelroum

Wildcarded with Egan now suspended and 2 injuries

Ryan (Martin)
Trent Castagne Mitchell (Dallas Holding)
J-Rod De Bruyne Klich Zaha (Grealish)
Vardy Richarlison Ings

Did this before Zaha went up to 7.1, was expecting Rodriguez to go up too but hasn't happened yet
Not sure between Ings/Jimenez, and Richarlison was a differential punt rather than going for DCL - think Richarlison will do better over the season
Would also like a Wolves defender but that means downgrading Castagne

Edit - already had Trent, Grealish, Vardy, Ings pre-wildcard

Dan_F

I am doing absolutely dreadfully probably my worst start ever.

Had under 20 points already, of course Mane who I removed in disgust at Salah last week scores 2 goal.

My 2 Sheffield United players get -3 points between them, with one getting sent off and the other missing a penalty, reducing my already pathetic score

Finger hovering very close to the wildcard button

What are people's thoughts on TAA. He's usually a regular for me but im tempted to ditch him to free up funds elsewhere but lots of people use him
Similar situation for me. Never used a wildcard so early, but I’m seeing quite a few benefits. My only concern is how little evidence there is to go off when making decisions. Is 1 game enough to go off with United and City assets.

United58

Currently on wildcard, £2.3m ITB.

Ryan - Martin
Saiss - KWP - Dallas - Mitchell - Douglas
Salah - KDB - Son - Rodríguez - Zaha
Werner - Mitrovic - Davis
Want to go for DCL, should I drop Werner for him? Anything else I should look at?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Ryan - Martin
Want to go for DCL, should I drop Werner for him? Anything else I should look at?
Kane imo. That midfield though...looks great

podurban2

Ryan - Martin
DCL and Jimenez for Mitro and Werner IMO. Great fixtures for both. Think you can get in someone like Castagne in the defence too?

Last edited:

United58

Kane imo. That midfield though...looks great
Didn't think of him actually, agh another spanner in the works... Might trade in Werner for him

DCL and Jiminez for Mitro and Werner IMO. Great fixtures for both. Think you can get in someone like Castagne in the defence too?
I like Mitro as he's Fulham's main man and only £6.5m. I'll go Saiss -> Castagne though, thanks :)

United58

Updated team, £3.1m ITB:

Ryan - Martin
Saiss - KWP - Castagne - Lamptey - Mitchell
DCL- Mitrovic - Davis​

Leonzo1

Took out ASM for costa for a hit. Wanted to avoid the price changes but a pretty wasteful move considering I'll probably wildcard after GW 3 and remove Costa. Hope it pays off.

ROFLUTION

Wildcard time! Gonna be on the front-foot and do something solid for long-term.. Lot of juicy fixtures now if I switch in time. Want to catch Jimenez, Salah and get a solid attacking defence going forward.

Thoughts currently:

GW 3: (wait for Salah to have met Arsenal, and play Chelsea players instead - against the worst defence in the league WBA)
Thinking of doing this:
Ryan
James - Trent - Robertson - Lamptey
- Mitchell
Pulisic/Havertz - Foden - KDB - Son - Podence
Jimenez - Werner - Davis

GW 4:

Ryan
- Mitchell
Salah - Foden - KDB - Son - Podence
Jimenez
- Adams - Davis

... Possibly Pulisic / Havertz + Werner to Salah + Adams for -4.. Adams underperforming xG, gets to some big chances.. mostly i'm looking for depth and could choose from Podence, Adams and Lamptey from game to game) Unless Werner goes berzerk or something like that. Then I might go Son to Salah somehow

Maureen-yo

Wildcard time! Gonna be on the front-foot and do something solid for long-term.. Lot of juicy fixtures now if I switch in time. Want to catch Jimenez, Salah and get a solid attacking defence going forward.

Thoughts currently:

GW 3: (wait for Salah to have met Arsenal, and play Chelsea players instead - against the worst defence in the league WBA)
Thinking of doing this:
Ryan
- Mitchell
Pulisic/Havertz - Foden - KDB - Son - Podence
Jimenez - Werner - Davis

GW 4:

Ryan
- Mitchell
Salah - Foden - KDB - Son - Podence
Jimenez
- Adams - Davis

... Possibly Pulisic / Havertz + Werner to Salah + Adams for -4.. Adams underperforming xG, gets to some big chances.. mostly i'm looking for depth and could choose from Podence, Adams and Lamptey from game to game) Unless Werner goes berzerk or something like that. Then I might go Son to Salah somehow
Great shout, the only thing that puts me off Foden is that Peo might rotate him with Mahrez next week (I’m assuming Mahrez isn’t injured here)?

Mcking

Updated team, £3.1m ITB:

Ryan - Martin
Saiss - KWP - Castagne - Lamptey - Mitchell
DCL- Mitrovic - Davis​
Curious to know why you've kept that amount ITB. You just need an extra 1.0 to bring in Jimenez.

podurban2

I like Mitro as he's Fulham's main man and only £6.5m. I'll go Saiss -> Castagne though, thanks :)
Honestly, if you have 3m in the bank I would trade him for Jesus at least. With aguero out he could be a huge differential. Or spend the money to get Liverpool cover. I’m on a wild card too and we have the same midfield.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Thought I was being shrewd by putting in the 'overlapping defender' Egan who scores goals.. gets a red card. Puts Callum 'no goals at home to Brighton' Wilson Vice captain over Mane..

United58

Curious to know why you've kept that amount ITB. You just need an extra 1.0 to bring in Jimenez.
Don't want to spend heavy on defence (high goals with no crowds), midfield is very good and forwards isn't the way to go this year IMO. Not set on that (on WC atm), but I always like having a bit in reserve to chop and change.

Honestly, if you have 3m in the bank I would trade him for Jesus at least. With aguero out he could be a huge differential. Or spend the money to get Liverpool cover. I’m on a wild card too and we have the same midfield.
I'd have to get rid of DCL as Mitro's 6 and Jesus is 9.5, unless I fiddle around with the defence a bit. Didn't realise Aguero would be out so long - might actually get in Jesus then trade him in for Werner/Jimenez in a few months

Leonzo1

Trying to come up with a Wildcard. Worth taking a punt on Trossard? Brighton look good at the moment and he is one of their main men, only 1 percent ownership so a big differential as well.

klsv

Managed 77 without any Spurs assets, now tearfuly swapping Bruno for Son. Martial out next. Back to good old no-united-fpl.

Neo_Mufc

So I'm thinking I can WC but I'm going to save it a little bit longer!

I now have 2 tasty transfers available. I missed the city game but KDB 13 points is amazing and yes I will swap him for Auba more than likely but I do like the sound of foden too.......

2nd transfer I don't know think it will be upgrading fraser or downgrading a striker maybe Ings and then fraser gets swapped GW3.

What you think?

I'm not going to touch United until I know we have turned a corner.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Klich is now 5.6 Though he takes penalties, he plays much deeper than Costa and Harrison, I think. So got to decide which could be more valuable.

The worry with Podence is minutes. If Wolves complete Semedo's signing, he'd have to compete with Neto, Adama and Fabio Silva. With Jimenez rarely ever subbed and Nuno playing with just two forwards sometimes, I'm sceptical about Podence.
Hmmm... He seems to be popping up with goals and assists so I hav gone with him. Watch Costa be the better option now!

Neo_Mufc

Do people use any of those apps that tell you which players to pick and all the stats etc.

I've never really thought about paying for one because I feel like it takes a bit of the fun away from FPL.

Neo_Mufc

Just created a mock wild card team and it looks pretty amazing. I really want to do it.