Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Gazautd18

What are people's thoughts on TAA. He's usually a regular for me but im tempted to ditch him to free up funds elsewhere but lots of people use him
Wildcarded him out on Sat.
Enabled me to free up funds for a midfield of Mane/De Bruyne/Zaha/Son and a forward line of DCL/Bamford/Werner
This was before price rises but I'd rather have a midfield of Salah or Mane and De Bruyne plus Son.
Still got.0.9 banked as well.

Skills

Snitch
I am doing absolutely dreadfully probably my worst start ever.

Had under 20 points already, of course Mane who I removed in disgust at Salah last week scores 2 goal.

My 2 Sheffield United players get -3 points between them, with one getting sent off and the other missing a penalty, reducing my already pathetic score

Finger hovering very close to the wildcard button

What are people's thoughts on TAA. He's usually a regular for me but im tempted to ditch him to free up funds elsewhere but lots of people use him
Will he still be on set pieces for Liverpool with Thiago there?

RashyForPM

Is it really worth it to spend big on defence? I think in my wildcard (this week or GW4) I’m just gonna stick Robertson in there along with 3 £4.5m’s and 1 £5m. Rest of the team will be fillef up with form players (Podence, DCL) and stars (Salah, KdB, Son, Kane). Both weekends so far have been goals, goals, goals.

Prospective team:
Guaita
Robertson Bellerin KWP Justin
Salah De Bruyne Podence Son
Kane DCL

Bench: Steer, Ward, Davis, Romeu

Basically, the point of this team is to maximise points with form and star attackers.

Thoughts?

Tarrou

I am doing absolutely dreadfully probably my worst start ever.

Had under 20 points already, of course Mane who I removed in disgust at Salah last week scores 2 goal.

My 2 Sheffield United players get -3 points between them, with one getting sent off and the other missing a penalty, reducing my already pathetic score

Finger hovering very close to the wildcard button

if you have a really bad start an early wildcard is a no-brainer IMO

Deery

Dreary
Made my first change went Jimenez and Podence over Rodrigo and Havertz..

Might be a costly one with Chelsea playing WBA but this is Deery City and if you’re not performing you’re out the door, no time for time wasters that’s just how we roll here!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Podence is likely to start even with Semedo isn't he? It's a tricky one as when Semedo comes I don't know where Traore goes, but Podence looks one of Wolves best players.

I can't decide between him + Doherty and Foden + Reece James.

IrishRedDevil

Checked the price predictor last night and it didn’t look like De Bruyne was due to change so I waited (not sure why). His price is now 10.6.

I have still made the switch from Aubameyang, but have needlessly lost 0.1 just because I waited :mad:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't like early transfers but waiting into the week would have probably cost me 0.2 in value.
Trying to hold on until week 4 starts to do a wildcard as then have the international break to mess.

Every chance new risers emerge these next two weeks. And so much is still unclear like with Chelsea etc. Werner has a lot to do to show hes worth a 9.5m though. Especially with so many budget strikers starting better than him

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'd advise people to not panic. I've had two fairly respectable scores 52pts GW1 and 60pts GW2. And I'm ranked around the 2m mark. Just goes to show how many causal play chips in the first few weeks. Wildcarding GW2 is a sign of panic and so many people did it and it cost them about 40pts as likes of Son, Kane n Mane etc went mental in gw2.

Really happy with my team and glad I saved my free transfer so I had 3 going into this week.

I've done - KDB, Reece James and Chris Wood in.......Auba, Egan n Che Adams out.

Feel set up now to leave the wildcard as long as possible. Feel like it might be needed more after gameweek 10.

K Stand Knut

I'd advise people to not panic. I've had two fairly respectable scores 52pts GW1 and 60pts GW2. And I'm ranked around the 2m mark. Just goes to show how many causal play chips in the first few weeks. Wildcarding GW2 is a sign of panic and so many people did it and it cost them about 40pts as likes of Son, Kane n Mane etc went mental in gw2.

Really happy with my team and glad I saved my free transfer so I had 3 going into this week.

I've done - KDB, Reece James and Chris Wood in.......Auba, Egan n Che Adams out.

Feel set up now to leave the wildcard as long as possible. Feel like it might be needed more after gameweek 10.
do the free transfer constantly roll over now??? You used to only be able to carry over 2weeks of free transfers, i.e. 2 free transfers maximum.

you seem to have got 3 though.

rule change??

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
do the free transfer constantly roll over now??? You used to only be able to carry over 2weeks of free transfers, i.e. 2 free transfers maximum.

you seem to have got 3 though.

rule change??
Took a minus 4. Also known as a mini wildcard. That way i get to save my actual wildcard for a later date when I badly need it. My team was okay it just needed tweeking.

---------------------------McCarthy

-Trent---------R.James......Doherty--------*Taylor

-----------Son-------------KDB----------Salah

--------Werner--------Mitrovic-------Wood

*Saint Maximin is my first sub who rotates in nicely with Taylor

Wildcard in the bag and no doubt will hopefully help me rocket up the rankings over winter if I use it at the correct time.

K Stand Knut

Took a minus 4. Also known as a mini wildcard. That way i get to save my actual wildcard for a later date when I badly need it. My team was okay it just needed tweeking.
Ah right

makes more sense.

I’m gonna try and not do any -4 this season.

just build slowly and consolidate although I’ve started really well, which seems to make easier because I don’t feel like I’m chasing anyone

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ah right

makes more sense.

I’m gonna try and not do any -4 this season.

just build slowly and consolidate although I’ve started really well, which seems to make easier because I don’t feel like I’m chasing anyone
I don't usually take more than 3 or 4 in the entire season. You need to take them more at the start of the game due to price rises usually, unless you wildcard of course.

K Stand Knut

I don't usually take more than 3 or 4 in the entire season. You need to take them more at the start of the game due to price rises usually, unless you wildcard of course.
yeah, fair point.

not sure of my plans for this round.

was always going to be Auba for KdB, which still kind of makes sense but Auba has started really well and I might live to regret it

saivet

One guy in one of my mini leagues played his benchboost in GW1 and got 0 points from the bench :lol:

Tarrou

For me wildcarding in the first three weeks is optimal strategy unless you get off to a flyer.

The extra value you get in team value really comes in handy if you play it right

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
For me wildcarding in the first three weeks is optimal strategy unless you get off to a flyer.

The extra value you get in team value really comes in handy if you play it right
But you essentially have a wildcard before GW1. Everyone does. To use another one in GW2 or GW3 is just basically a waste of the first one we all start with surely?

My team wasn't perfect (no such thing) hence my average start this year. However it was by no means Wildcard worthy. I have taken just 1 hit and have a very nice team now I feel. When the fixtures swings come into play and the European games are causing havoc with line ups, those without a wildcard could be in a bit of a mess. This year above most too with the season being squeezed already.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Ramsdale letting me down but keepers are so inconsistent it's hard to know which way to go. Any ideas?

But you essentially have a wildcard before GW1. Everyone does. To use another one in GW2 or GW3 is just basically a waste of the first one we all start with surely?

My team wasn't perfect (no such thing) hence my average start this year. However it was by no means Wildcard worthy. I have taken just 1 hit and have a very nice team now I feel. When the fixtures swings come into play and the European games are causing havoc with line ups, those without a wildcard could be in a bit of a mess. This year above most too with the season being squeezed already.
I agree and usually give it to at least GW5 as a personal rule. It's at that point you start to see who's fluking and who's consistently producing.

Before that is a kneejerk. It shows when players like Son/Kane fluff one week, then do what they did in GW2.

I didn't make any transfers this week after a bad run last week (43). Ended this week is with 98 points!

Dan_F

feck it, I took the plunge and used the WC. Never done it before so early, but got the likes of KDB in before the price changes last night. I’m hoping the value rises will make it worth it in the long term.

It may have been a complete panic. But 84 from two weeks is shambolic for me.

Feel like I’ve already got my team sorted, but just need to decide whether to go with Son or Werner as the 9 million ish range player.

kiristao

Always assumed maximum free transfer carry over was 2 transfers. Didn't know you get 3.
Also, am wondering if I bring KDB or Sterling for Auba this week. Any thoughts?

Dan_F

Maybe, but would you look to take players out of the teams with European games? You’d be struggling to get some of them back in if their price has risen too much. You’re not going to know who is going to be benched before the line up is released anyway.

saivet

Might put in Regulion but Bale is too expensive just yet at 9.5
Yeah he's definitely too expensive to put in now but if he hits some form, he'll be a no brainer.

I do wonder if/when Regulion will start as I think Davies is a safer choice from a defensive point for a view for Jose. There is the potential that they move to 3 at the back (Davies at LCB) and Regulion as a wingback, but I think I will avoid either of them for now.

Wayne's World

I think you would have to give Bale 3 or 4 games to judge how he is so there's literally no point bringing him in now (or when he actually comes back from injury in the middle of October)

Regulion for 5.5 looks decent, Doherty, even though he hasn't produced any attacking returns so far has looked very advanced in a Mourinho side so he might do the same with Regulion too but again, I think I'll wait a gameweek or two before deciding on him.

K Stand Knut

I think Mourinho will eventually pick his best XI for the EL. It’s less games to get in to the CL and in this packed season I think he’ll risk it.

plod through the league but go for the cups

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Always assumed maximum free transfer carry over was 2 transfers. Didn't know you get 3.
Also, am wondering if I bring KDB or Sterling for Auba this week. Any thoughts?
Took a minus 4. I didn't phrase that well. I meant saving 2 so I only had to take the one hit. Referred to as a mini wildcard.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Already played my wildcard and somehow missed out on KDB's rise last night. That's 0.1 I won't get back for the season.

Paul_Scholes18

I am going KDB over Sterling, but going to be tricky to predict who will get the hauls from them.

Paul_Scholes18

This week has tricky captain calls to make. Salah vs Arsenal, De Bruyne vs Leicester, Son vs Newcastle or Werner vs West Brom.
Werner got best fixture, but has not done anything yet. Son got the form, but not going to be given as much space vs Newcastle.
De Bruyne is always capable, but probably not going to destroy Leicester. Salah is probably lowest on the list, but you never know with him.