Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Mcking

Give it a few weeks - it'll probably all open up.

There's only 3 defenders above 6m this season. There might be more value in that tier.

The biggest issue seems to be how to deal with Mane/Salah/De Bruyne/Sterling/Auba/Bruno

Any of the 6 can haul at any moment, and fitting 3 in will be a stretch, let alone 4.
At least last year De Bruyne and for half a season here Bruno were a good deal cheaper.
Surely no way you'd be able to fit in four of those without building a piss poor team.

Paul_Scholes18

There's only 3 defenders above 6m this season. There might be more value in that tier.

The biggest issue seems to be how to deal with Mane/Salah/De Bruyne/Sterling/Auba/Bruno

Any of the 6 can haul at any moment, and fitting 3 in will be a stretch, let alone 4.
At least last year De Bruyne and for half a season here Bruno were a good deal cheaper.
I say spread them out and pick based on fixtures that you can predict who will haul. Salah often hauls when you expect him too vs the weaker sides. De Bruyne gets assist vs everyone, but not always involved when they destroy sides that much. Sterling and Aguero destroys the weaker teams with Aguero being better in the big ones, but it is about predicting when Pep will drop them. Auba is a mystery for me he always fail when I expect him to do great. Bruno so far spread out his points a lot with no obvious time to captain him..

CM

Bit daft that they've launched the game before fixtures are released

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely no way you'd be able to fit in four of those without building a piss poor team.
I had a quick go

You can get a midfield of

Salah, DB, Bruno, Sterling and Soucek
Antonio and Ayew up front

Boly, Laporte and Vinagre in defence
4.5m keeper

4 absolute clowns on the bench.

Not great, but doable. You're relying on getting a lot of points from that midfield though. And TAA is surely the essential who is missing

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
First draft:
Dubruvka (Pope too costly for me now)

AWB - TAA - James - Lamprey (gone for 4 FB/WBs)

KDB - Ziyech - Bruno - Saka (Might switch out KDB and Bruno for Auba and Salah if its confirmed no Manc clubs in GW1)

Kane - Werner (Vardy depending on fixtures for all Three)

0.0 left in the bank.

starman

Someone like Chilwell seems good value at 5.5m if he moves to Chelsea, so there are certainly potential high profile bargains from the get go. Also I already removed Auba, minutes per goal/assist Rashford seems better value.
I think you can only have 2 of the top midfielders if you go down the route of still having a top striker in Vardy/Kane/Augero/Martial/Werner while maintaining a balanced sqaud

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Anyone know much about the promoted sides? Any cheap defensive bargains? Fulham last time was pretty useless though apart from Mitrovic. 6 million is he worth it?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Someone like Chilwell seems good value at 5.5m if he moves to Chelsea, so there are certainly potential high profile bargains from the get go. Also I already removed Auba, minutes per goal/assist Rashford seems better value.
I think you can only have 2 of the top midfielders if you go down the route of still having a top striker in Vardy/Kane/Augero/Martial/Werner while maintaining balanced sqaud
Yep, Chilwell is a good shout if he moves. 2 mid price defenders and TAA could be the way forward, with 2 other defenders who play, ideally a 4m if there is a starter at that value this year.

I'm my work league's chairman, so i'll have to put a starter team in to trigger the league, but inevitably it'll take hours of wrangling around.

JuriM

Pope - Meslier
TAA - Doherty - Wan Bissaka - Douglas - Branthwaite
Greenwood - Foden - Zyech - Saint Maximin - Hernandez'
Martial - Vardy - Werner

At first clance it seems a decent pick :P

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone know much about the promoted sides? Any cheap defensive bargains? Fulham last time was pretty useless though apart from Mitrovic. 6 million is he worth it?
No idea if they'll turn it on in the Prem, but looking just at stats...

Leeds

Bamford striker 17 goals in 47 games
Pablo Hernandez Mid - 9 goals, 36 games
Dallas - defender 5 goals in 46 games

West Brom seem to have a number of players between 8-11 goals and also a 5 goal defender

������
apsgoals
15FWCharlie Austin381118+16103+001+01
4FWHal Robson-Kanu391024+15100+000+00
10MFMatt Phillips41830+972+010+00
12FWMatheus Pereira43838+480+000+10
29MFGrady Diangana31823+780+001+00
6DFSemi Ajayi45542+151+001+0

Fulham only seem to have two stand out goal merchants.

9FWAleksandar Mitrović412640260+100000
10MFTom Cairney438

starman

Leeds seem to have the best value among their players and appear to have highest likelihood of having 4m starting defenders.
Really disappointed Joe Bryan of Fulham is so much at 5m, some of the valuations are too high, should be 4.5m

Mcking

How about Josh Onomah? He played attacking midfield for Fulham in the Championship. 5.0m

Paul_Scholes18

No idea if they'll turn it on in the Prem, but looking just at stats...

Leeds

Bamford striker 17 goals in 47 games
Pablo Hernandez Mid - 9 goals, 36 games
Dallas - defender 5 goals in 46 games

West Brom seem to have a number of players between 8-11 goals and also a 5 goal defender

������
apsgoals
15FWCharlie Austin381118+16103+001+01
4FWHal Robson-Kanu391024+15100+000+00
10MFMatt Phillips41830+972+010+00
12FWMatheus Pereira43838+480+000+10
29MFGrady Diangana31823+780+001+00
6DFSemi Ajayi45542+151+001+0

Fulham only seem to have two stand out goal merchants.

9FWAleksandar Mitrović412640260+100000
10MFTom Cairney438
Have had both Cairney and Mitro before in Fantasy. Austin and Kanu I know too. Not sure who to pick if going for budget starters. Maybe Mitrovic, but he needs service. If they got good fixtures then I might pick him. 6 million looks to be good value.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have had both Cairney and Mitro before in Fantasy. Austin and Kanu I know too. Not sure who to pick if going for budget starters. Maybe Mitrovic, but he needs service. If they got good fixtures then I might pick him. 6 million looks to be good value.
I probably am more inclined to go for Antonio at 6.5m than any promoted striker at the moment. May well need 2 at that sort of price range though, but it's always frustrating when you have to pick from your front 8 - might be worth some 4.5m chump as a facilitator.

Leonzo1

I don't get the decision to turn Auba and Greenwood to midfielders. No value whatsoever outside of Martial Ings and Jimenez. Why only list a proper #9 as a forward?

Paul_Scholes18

I probably am more inclined to go for Antonio at 6.5m than any promoted striker at the moment. May well need 2 at that sort of price range though, but it's always frustrating when you have to pick from your front 8 - might be worth some 4.5m chump as a facilitator.
Might go with two budget strikers though. Antonio looks good if he can keep playing up front. I go with one 4.5 midfielder I think to be able to afford a good side. Then I hope there is a 4 million starter in defense.

Chief123

They really need to put Mane and Salah as attackers rather than midfielders. It's made strikers a little pointless as you basically have a choice of 3/4 decent ones and have to hope the likes of Dings have a standout season to make a worthwhile alternative.

Martial
Salah
Mane
Rashford
Sterling
Richarlison
Son

Should all be attackers
Rashford and Aubamayeng are midfielders this year! :annoyed:

Chief123

I think Werner could be bargain of the season at 8.5.....especially as he'll be Chelseas main striker all season. If they have Ziyech and Havertz supplying him, he could get a shed load.

diarm

I think Werner could be bargain of the season at 8.5.....especially as he'll be Chelseas main striker all season. If they have Ziyech and Havertz supplying him, he could get a shed load.
Werner is 9.5

diarm

Ahh, could still be good value.
Yeah, Chelsea in general seem to have much better value than the other sides that finished top 4. I'd still back Martial at 9 and with proven form behind him though.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Auba, Werner, Martial and Greenwood look like four big hitters that could make their prices look daft. Auba’s likely going to be a centre forward again at some point. Werner will surely deliver more than the amount of points required to deliver value at price and ditto for Martial. Greenwood will largely depend on what United do in the window. He’ll likely be essential if United fail to strengthen.

Pulisic again looks like a bit of fool’s gold longer term. Could make a mockery of that price, but more than likely competition for places, being a little injury prone and not having convinced the manager 100% means that he could be the first one you want to ditch.

Saint Maximin and Antonio look real value in the mid-tier.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yeah, Chelsea in general seem to have much better value than the other sides that finished top 4. I'd still back Martial at 9 and with proven form behind him though.
I think people shouldn't be quick to jump on Werner especially at 9.5. Even his previous coach Nagelsmann in that post match interview against Athletico mentioned that Werner doesn't really do well when there are no space behind. In the Bundesliga teams just don't sit as much as bottom half teams in the PL and one would expect a lot of those teams to be sitting deep while playing Chelsea.

He has to prove himself first in the PL, especially playing for Chelsea against most teams that won't give him space.

Canuckred64

Think I may go with 5 top midfielders since a number of top players who were strikers last year have been reclassified as midfielders.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Will there be a password for the Café league? I would like to get in on it this year.

Chief123

We need to see how he lines up first. Every chance he plays wide, unless they're totally going to bin Abraham and Giroud off.
I’ll be shocked if they use Werner from the left. Especially when they have Pulisic and Ziyech for the wings with Havertz potentially as CAM. Giroud and Abraham just aren’t good enough to lead the line for the whole season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’ll be shocked if they use Werner from the left. Especially when they have Pulisic and Ziyech for the wings with Havertz potentially as CAM. Giroud and Abraham just aren’t good enough to lead the line for the whole season.
It'll be interesting to see. Chelsea striker signings over the last 15 years have been very mixed to say the least.

Chief123

It'll be interesting to see. Chelsea striker signings over the last 15 years have been very mixed to say the least.
Naturally I’m hoping he flops too! But he does have attributes that are well suited for the premier league. Sadly, I think he’ll be a big success but let’s see.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Naturally I’m hoping he flops too! But he does have attributes that are well suited for the premier league. Sadly, I think he’ll be a big success but let’s see.
Chelsea do have an odd knack of getting back to the top fairly quickly, but they'll have to really go some with the current top 2.
And erm, us. Hopefully.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Think I've settled on my back 3. Trent, Dunk and Egan.

Goalkeeper. Martinez is very tempting but sounds like Arsenal will rotate with Leno.
Don't know what to do with Greenwood. Feel like he's not guaranteed starter.

If I'm not taking risks then

Pope
Trent Dunk Egan
Kdb Salah Fernandes Hernandez McGinn
Mitro Martial

If playing it risky
Pope > Martinez
Hernandes > Greenwood
Martial > Ings

Maluco

This is really tough to get right. Just can’t bring myself to sacrifice TAA to get the depth I need on the bench.

I don’t want to lose any of my options in midfield or Martial either!

Really tough!!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Made my first draft with the expectation City and Utd both won't play in GW1.

Gone 352 with Salah n Auba as my premiums.

starman

Barring clubs signing/sell any players, I have pretty much settle on my squad, just can't decide between having Sterling or KDB and the 17.5m combo of Salah & Bamford or Ziyech & Werner....

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Gone for...

GK: Ederson (Nyland)
DF: TAA, Saiss, Egan, Bardsley (Branthwaite)
MD: KdB, Son, Lundstram, Pulisic (Jorginho)
FW: Martial, Mitrovic, Werner

Will probably change when fixtures are announced. Egan/Saiss/Lundstram will be the first to go.

Ederson is a set and forget.

Maluco

Went a bit risky on a few, and wanted some useful bench options...

GK:- Martinez (Ryan)
DEF:- AWB, Saliba, Lamptey (Pieters, Ferguson)
MID:- Bruno, Soucek, KdB, Pulisic, Aubameyang
ATT:- Martial, Mitrovic (Bamford)

I can scrimp on subs and go with no marks to get TAA in for AWB, but then you have players who won’t play on the bench.

I really liked the look of Lamptey since restart, and if Saliba comes in and starts in the defensive three, he could be a steal.

Pulisic looked far too good to leave out at the end of the season and Bruno/KdB make their teams tick. Auba over Salah/Mane because he will be a monster in midfield (and less Pool the better!)

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Lamptey is a shout Maluco. Was he starting regularly at the end of the season ?