Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Stay away from City defenders. You dont know who will play and despite Everton being cack in attack, City have conceded multiple goals since winning the league (even against a goal-shy Brighton) so you will be relying on attacking returns, at which point you might as well risk it on an attacker. Or just stay away altogether and avoid the headache.
The Brighton game was skewed by the 10th min Red in fairness.
But they can always concede. Not sure against Everton though.

Hopefully they rest up their stars. But still score v Everton in case my rival ends up with Godfrey in there.

hubbuh

I never got around to using my FH. Does the following look decent (I'm way out in front in my ML)?

Leno
Trent - Creswell - Dallas
Salah (c) - Raphina - Mount - Son
Antonio - Firmino - Aguero

SUBS: Forster, Lingard, Rudiger, Lowton.

The midfield looks a bit boring but no one really screams out

Dan_F

I am considering a -4 to do one of these things:

Swap Shaw to Rudiger to block one rival player
Swap Shaw to Robertson as he is most likely to keep clean sheet and potentially get attacking return
Swap Shaw to Dallas as I feel Leeds will be one of the most motivated teams heading into their first home match with fans and he can always score

But then my 21 lead becomes 17, which is dangerous ground.
Rudiger has you shook :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just looking at that Leeds v Brom game. Leeds won 5-0 at the Hawthorns!

Whenever I see the way the fantasy scout predicted team lineup is laid out, Dallas looks so attacking it's scary :lol:

Safest play might simply be covering him off, so I don't have to crap myself every time "LEEDS GOAL" comes up.

Fantasy scout has Greenwood starting too, so hopefully Ole gives some sort of clue!

Have to leave one of this 8 out...which could be tricky
Salah, Son, Pereira, Lingard, Greenwood
Kane, Watkins, Antonio

Opponent has similar, if as expected he does Bruno to say Mane.
He'd have to decide which one of Willock/Nacho/Watkins didn't start.

If Lindelof and Dias as expected miss out, he'd have to skimp by on 3 defenders including Godfrey at City, but can't see him using a transfer there.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mate, every time I read his name anywhere now, I shit my pants and need to go shower :lol:
There's always that one player that fills us with dread.

I remember years ago watching 2 guys fairly neck and neck, and because one refused to bring Newcastle's Cisse in, that year he scored tonneloads, he missed out on the title.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I never got around to using my FH. Does the following look decent (I'm way out in front in my ML)?

Leno

Get out of here with your sizeable lead and forgotten free hit. This is only for us desperate folk

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Just looking at that Leeds v Brom game. Leeds won 5-0 at the Hawthorns!

Whenever I see the way the fantasy scout predicted team lineup is laid out, Dallas looks so attacking it's scary :lol:

Safest play might simply be covering him off, so I don't have to crap myself every time "LEEDS GOAL" comes up.

Fantasy scout has Greenwood starting too, so hopefully Ole gives some sort of clue!

Have to leave one of this 8 out...which could be tricky
Salah, Son, Pereira, Lingard, Greenwood
Kane, Watkins, Antonio

Opponent has similar, if as expected he does Bruno to say Mane.
He'd have to decide which one of Willock/Nacho/Watkins didn't start.

If Lindelof and Dias as expected miss out, he'd have to skimp by on 3 defenders including Godfrey at City, but can't see him using a transfer there.
Surely there's a good chance of some early final day team news? Quite a few reliable itk accounts online now that I'm hoping will drop something.

I'm starting AWB and Greenwood but wouldn't be surprised if one or both sit it out. If I get news early that they're benched I'll probably drop them from the 11 (certainly in AWB case). My pre planned transfers are still Maguire and DCL to TAA and Bamford for -4.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Leno

Love a final day free hit. If I was doing one it would probably be something like ....

Ederson
TAA - Cresswell - Dallas
Salah - Mane - Lingard - Raphinha
Bamford - Antonio - Wood

Seems weird to duck the Leicester v Spurs game but that could be quite edgy and I've no idea what way it will go. Spurs looked clueless yesterday though. Bale will almost certainly start. Maybe he'd be a good FH punt over Lingard. Can't really ignore the form of Willock either.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Love a final day free hit. If I was doing one it would probably be something like ....

Ederson
TAA - Cresswell - Dallas
Bamford - Antonio - Wood

Seems weird to duck the Leicester v Spurs game but that could be quite edgy and I've no idea what way it will go. Spurs looked clueless yesterday though. Bale will almost certainly start. Maybe he'd be a good FH punt over Lingard. Can't really ignore the form of Willock either.
I'm praying for this. Negates the threat of Son significantly if the golfer is playing.

Paul_Scholes18

In terms of going with a crazy huge last day punt. What about a Sheffield defender like jack Robinson? Burnley at home could be decent.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

This is how the squads are looking in my mini league going into the last week. Mine is the team on the left of the 3 with an 18 and 21 point lead over 2nd and 3rd. Have had my best guess on how the other 2 will line up. Pretty certain Shaw won't feature and likely Bruno.

Hopefully I'll be ok but anyone any bright ideas on what I should do. Had been thinking a Sigurdsson or Jota swap to someone like Lingard or Foden

Count Ravioli

30 points clear in ML, key differentials between me and 2nd are Antonio and TAA. I can only get one in without taking a hit, is it worth doing or will I be alright with just one?

francobaresi

This is how the squads are looking in my mini league going into the last week. Mine is the team on the left of the 3 with an 18 and 21 point lead over 2nd and 3rd. Have had my best guess on how the other 2 will line up. Pretty certain Shaw won't feature and likely Bruno.

Hopefully I'll be ok but anyone any bright ideas on what I should do. Had been thinking a Sigurdsson or Jota swap to someone like Lingard or Foden
Chances are the other two will take a big punt on a differential captain by transferring out Fernandes (Mane? Havertz? Bamford?) They'll be expecting you to captain Salah.

I'm in a similar position as them in my mini league. I've a 16 point gap to make up. We both have Salah

If I were you I'd be captaining Salah. Play safe

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Just looking at potential narrative threads for me and my rival's differentials:

Me:

Shaw (Konsa) - I'm 99% certain Shaw won't play and therefore will be with Konsa. I am also 99% sure Konsa will get me two points. Question is whether I take a -4 to change him to Dallas/Robertson. It's a low risk but with only a 21 point margin, it could be huge if Dallas for example concedes and doesn't get an attacking return.

JLingz - I am hoping that West Ham and JLingz in particular will be full of enthusiasm in front of their fans. it's the first time they'll see Lingard so I hope he puts on a show. Playing against a useless Soton team with nothing to play for.

Iheanacho - Leicester badly need the win and if they score, he will most likely be involved. After getting a rest in the last game, I'm sure he'll start. Spurs defence can also be gotten at so it's not like Leicester can't score against them. The pressure is slightly off Leicester now that they are the underdogs in the race and that's when Leicester perform best.

Rival:

Rudiger - The man that makes me shit my pants. Chelsea just need to squeak a 1-0 and they're in the champions league and they are solid enough to pull that off. If they keep the clean sheet, Rudiger is normally good for bonus points. My hope lies in Grealish. If he is fit and plays the 90, Villa will always have a few chances.

Son - My biggest worry. Luckily, Spurs are in shit form going into this and Kane looks completely disinterested (based on the last game). Really hope Bale starts, as him starting means Son takes more of a creator role and less of a goal threat.

Smith-Row/Vydra - Not sure which he will play. Both have decent fixtures (Vydra's slightly better) and can't predict what they'll do.

I have a sneaky suspicion my rival will swap Vydra for Bamford, which is scaring me...

RedDevil@84

If you want to be a risk taker, you can get Siggurdson out and get in Willock or someone unexpected, but good on form.

Paul_Scholes18

So which one would you most want to sell to replace with a sure starter?

Greenwood, Kane/Watkins, Digne/Castagne/Dunk?, Mendy?

I am mostly thinking about a defender, but forwards got higher ceiling.

I think Greenwood is not bad if starting and Kane can always score.

I think all my 3 defenders are quality, but all got hard fixtures.
I think Castagne if Evans is back is not bad though so might play him.

RedDevil@84

I think Greenwood may start this game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Get out of here with your sizeable lead and forgotten free hit. This is only for us desperate folk
Was gonna say. The guy is either a fantasy footy legend to not use a fh by the last day with a massive lead, or is playing absolute chumps!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Greenwood is most likely to miss out on a full 90 out of those and plenty of other good options.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely there's a good chance of some early final day team news? Quite a few reliable itk accounts online now that I'm hoping will drop something.

I'm starting AWB and Greenwood but wouldn't be surprised if one or both sit it out. If I get news early that they're benched I'll probably drop them from the 11 (certainly in AWB case). My pre planned transfers are still Maguire and DCL to TAA and Bamford for -4.
If managers could be as upfront as Bielsa it'd be very handy indeed!!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
30 points clear in ML, key differentials between me and 2nd are Antonio and TAA. I can only get one in without taking a hit, is it worth doing or will I be alright with just one?
Both of them could get double digits on the right day. If those are his only threats and it doesn't lose you a decent point potential player it makes good sense to cover them.

RedDevil@84

Was gonna say. The guy is either a fantasy footy legend to not use a fh by the last day with a massive lead, or is playing absolute chumps!
My ML mate used his TC in GW37 and planning his BB for GW38. He is 2nd though 100 pts behind me. But still ahead of other 2

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Ederson
TAA - Cresswell - Dallas
Bamford - Antonio - Wood

Interestingly Bruce said willock is "just exhausted " but is ok.
Maybe answering why he came off a few mins early.
Hope he's too tired to play or do anything!

Count Ravioli

Both of them could get double digits on the right day. If those are his only threats and it doesn't lose you a decent point potential player it makes good sense to cover them.
I have 2FT, would be DCL, Shaw and Zaha (transferred to cheap player to free funds, potentially willock) coming out. On paper looks like a good move but taking a hit and eating into my lead before a ball is kicked feels wrong.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Evans won't be back which totally ruins Castagne unfortunately.
I still have him hanging about.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My ML mate used his TC in GW37 and planning his BB for GW38. He is 2nd though 100 pts behind me. But still ahead of other 2
My rival used his bench boost to decent effect. 26 on there this week. Although if he was picking an eleven he wouldn't have necessary left the 4 on the bench he did...so a bit semantics really.
But not playing the chips in double weeks isn't that wise as a rule.

El-Manos

I have a 16 point lead.

My team:

Mendy
Dallas digne castagne
Lingard Fernandes salah raphinha

Kane Watkins bamford
Bench: Forster zaha holding white

my rival:

martinez
Rudiger digne dallas
Rashford salad greenwood raphinha
Calvert lewin Watkins kane
Bench Sanchez kabak Jorginho konsa

I transferred Robertson in for castagne as my free transfer. Not sure what to do next. i will captain salah. I’m aware I’m repeating myself I’m just nervous as I’m close to winning€600:lol: I really want mane but I can’t afford him unless I do a -8.

mohr

Got 50 point lead in my mini league, so I guess it was safe?
Got these differences from the 2nd place
Shaw vs Dallas
Fernandes vs Rashford
Greenwood vs Willock
Raphinha vs Harrison
Vydra vs Bamford

Got 1 FT and enough money, any opinion on who to transfer? I think I can straight swap for Dallas / Bamford if I want to block him, or is it better to get Robertson / Mane for Shaw / Fernandes since I don't know what team will Ole play .
Won't be chasing Overall Rank too because I think I will be stuck around 90k sadly

francobaresi

I have a 16 point lead.

My team:

Mendy
Dallas digne castagne

Kane Watkins bamford

my rival:

martinez
Rudiger digne dallas

I transferred Robertson in for castagne as my free transfer. Not sure what to do next. i will captain salah. I’m aware I’m repeating myself I’m just nervous as I’m close to winning€600:lol: I really want mane but I can’t afford him unless I do a -8.
No way you should be taking a -8 dude

I don't think Fernandes will play. Swap him for Mane

Cantonaaa!

I have a 16 point lead.

My team:

Mendy
Dallas digne castagne

Kane Watkins bamford

my rival:

martinez
Rudiger digne dallas

Do you think Bruno will play?
Bruno to a Chelsea player or Mané?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I have a 16 point lead.

My team:

Mendy
Dallas digne castagne

Kane Watkins bamford

my rival:

martinez
Rudiger digne dallas

GK - you have the edge, although keepers dont make too much of a difference. Martinez is also likely to get save points so you better pray Chelsea keep the clean sheet (which they will as my rival has Rudiger).
DF - As I said, I'm scared of Rudiger and your opponent has him but you have Robertson who is equally as likely to keep clean sheet and can get assists also.
MF - You have Bruno, who wont play most likely. He has Greenwood who might play, might not. Thing is, Greenwood can be explosive even with a few minutes. He has Rashford who should play but don't underestimate JLingz, who's playing in front of the West Ham fans for the first time.
FW - Bamford should easily outscore DCL.

Unless you get the kind of luck I've been getting these last few weeks, you should be good to win that.

El-Manos

GK - you have the edge, although keepers dont make too much of a difference. Martinez is also likely to get save points so you better pray Chelsea keep the clean sheet (which they will as my rival has Rudiger).
DF - As I said, I'm scared of Rudiger and your opponent has him but you have Robertson who is equally as likely to keep clean sheet and can get assists also.
MF - You have Bruno, who wont play most likely. He has Greenwood who might play, might not. Thing is, Greenwood can be explosive even with a few minutes. He has Rashford who should play but don't underestimate JLingz, who's playing in front of the West Ham fans for the first time.
FW - Bamford should easily outscore DCL.

Unless you get the kind of luck I've been getting these last few weeks, you should be good to win that.
I just feel uneasy leaving Bruno in that team. But I’m not sure it’s worth taking a hit to bring in someone like Mount. Cheers for the advice

RedDevil@84

Mendy
Alioski Holding TAA
Mane Salah Harrison Lingard
Wood Antonio Kane

Bench: Pickford, Greenwood, Shaw, Coleman

How does this look :D

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I just feel uneasy leaving Bruno in that team. But I’m not sure it’s worth taking a hit to bring in someone like Mount. Cheers for the advice
I would have left Castagne and sold Bruno for Mane.

But you have Zaha, who is that troll kind of player that can easily score against Liverpool.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have 2FT, would be DCL, Shaw and Zaha (transferred to cheap player to free funds, potentially willock) coming out. On paper looks like a good move but taking a hit and eating into my lead before a ball is kicked feels wrong.
Yes, but if the rest of your match up is in your favour, taking out players who can get him 10s or so looks smart.

I've a 21 point lead, but it wouldn't work the same for me, unless I knew for certain my rival is bringing Mane in, and Greenwood isn't playing etc.