Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Time to get Ronaldo? I have to sell Bruno to get him. I think the ones on pens is the best guy to have, but how do we know who gets them?
I am still not so sure that Ronny will take penalties from Bruno (except if first penalty comes before Ronny scores first goal)
Because:
1) It would be against team. Bruno is not just a random pk taker. He is one of the best in the world and his record talks for him
2) They are friends. Ronny is ego maniac but still, this is Bruno's team not Ronaldo's. Even Ronny knows that Bruno will not be happy if he loses pk.
3) Bruno surely will not say; "Here Ronny, i give you penalties".

Maybe they will share it.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I am still not so sure that Ronny will take penalties from Bruno (except if first penalty comes before Ronny scores first goal)
Because:
1) It would be against team. Bruno is not just a random pk taker. He is one of the best in the world and his record talks for him
2) They are friends. Ronny is ego maniac but still, this is Bruno's team not Ronaldo's. Even Ronny knows that Bruno will not be happy if he loses pk.

I tell you what they can take off Bruno and give to Ronaldo.

If we ever get to another penalty shoot out, Ronaldo can do the fecking coin toss!

Paul_Scholes18

Because:

Yes I think it is possible they share it depening on situation in games.

Ronaldo took the #7 off Cavani in a few minutes, a seasoned veteran and world profile… I think it took him seconds to take the penalties from Bruno to be fair. Like written in the contract without any fuzz or complaints, this is Ronaldo vs. a nobody in the grand scheme of things, of course he’ll take them.
Yip. And they managed to film it

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Shame that we (who camp on this thread) didn't start draft fpl.
Next year i am playing that 100% (even if all accounts will me mine)

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Shame that we (who camp on this thread) didn't start draft fpl.
Next year i am playing that 100% (even if all accounts will me mine)
Yeah! It would have been really fun. Count me in for next year for sure.

Kryptonite

Looks very good. Maybe Coady....Wolves are attacking based team this season. But yeah, pretty good
Yeah I wanted Semedo ideally, but to raise the extra money I would have to downgrade Benrahma / Raphinha to maybe Sarr / Gray, or downgrade Greenwood to Torres. Not sure if it's worth doing either of those to bring in Semedo

Kryptonite

I’m on wildcard at the minute and have a near identical team.
I have Gray + Torres (and 0.5 in the bank for potential upgrade to Jota)
Instead of Raphinha and Benrahma.

I’d keep an eye on Raphinha’s situation. He may miss the next game because of the International break thing and players not being allowed to travel. It’s only 1 game he may miss but still.
Good point, if he is going to miss the game, would you swap him out for maybe Gray or Sarr? and then add him back later. Either that or I keep him and use my sub for the next game which isn't ideal

I’m on wildcard at the minute and have a near identical team.
I have Gray + Torres (and 0.5 in the bank for potential upgrade to Jota)
Instead of Raphinha and Benrahma.

I’d keep an eye on Raphinha’s situation. He may miss the next game because of the International break thing and players not being allowed to travel. It’s only 1 game he may miss but still.
I haven’t read into it fully but not sure if brazilian FA are asking CAS/FIFA to ban players who don’t travel for five days - not surprising given some Argentina players released from Pl clubs. La Liga tried to fight it but lost (CAS)?

So if released, quarantines for ten days. If not, banned for five? If that’s the options (and clubs don’t come to an agreement.. like everton have), misses anyway?

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Good point, if he is going to miss the game, would you swap him out for maybe Gray or Sarr? and then add him back later. Either that or I keep him and use my sub for the next game which isn't ideal
Its a tricky one. If he's a player you definitely want in your team it'll only be 1 game that he'll miss. And you're gonna have to waste a transfer in, in a couple of weeks to get him in again. Leeds have good fixtures coming up too.

I haven’t read into it fully but not sure if brazilian FA are asking CAS/FIFA to ban players who don’t travel for five days - not surprising given some Argentina players released from Pl clubs. La Liga tried to fight it but lost (CAS)?

So if released, quarantines for ten days. If not, banned for five? If that’s the options (and clubs don’t come to an agreement.. like everton have), misses anyway?
Yeah, nothing confirmed yet just.
Richarlison not gonna get banned as Everton released him for both the Copa America and the Olympics, so thats worked in our favour.

Pickle85

I've been trying to avoid this thread until after the break to stop myself doing something rash but a couple of questions for you generous sages:

Am I making a mistake 1. not getting Ronnie in before Newcastle, 2. Holding on to Buendia despite the fact he misses the next GW

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
I've been trying to avoid this thread until after the break to stop myself doing something rash but a couple of questions for you generous sages:

Am I making a mistake 1. not getting Ronnie in before Newcastle, 2. Holding on to Buendia despite the fact he misses the next GW
Something to keep an eye on. Buendia could miss 2 games. There was a supposed agreement that the Argentine players would be released after 2 games, Argentina manager said he didnt hear that and they're playing the 3rd game. So would be 10 days quarantine after Argentina's 3rd game.

Although, just looking now its getting messier:

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Im going off Ferran Torres on my wildcard. Just not sure.

City have:

September 11: Leicester (Away)
September 15: Leipzig (Home)
September 18: Southampton (Home)
September 25: Chelsea (Away)
September 28: PSG (Away)
October 3: Liverpool (Away)

A lot of games there and with Pep roulette feels like im booking myself in for a transfer getting him in.
If he's a guaranteed starter he's a bargain though but who is at City.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Reguilon price up, Firmino down
I couldn’t figure out who bring Firmino in for £9.0m anyway when Jota plays the same position, will likely play similar minutes, is classified as a midfielder and gets higher goals and assist anyway, and cost £7.5m. Not to mention there’s a large number of very good forwards who will pretty much all get more goals than Firmino priced between £6.5m and £8.0m.

thedvil

City have:

A lot of games there and with Pep roulette feels like im booking myself in for a transfer getting him in.
With foden and kdb coming back soon you would imagine he is guaranteed rotation with them fixtures

thedvil

How many matches would Martinez miss then?

Would be worth bring Steer in for the price rise alone if it's a few matches

I couldn’t figure out who bring Firmino in for £9.0m anyway when Jota plays the same position, will likely play similar minutes, is classified as a midfielder and gets higher goals and assist anyway, and cost £7.5m. Not to mention there’s a large number of very good forwards who will pretty much all get more goals than Firmino priced between £6.5m and £8.0m.
Lots of Liverpool fans who thought "Bobby will beat Sons stats this season. 15 goals and 15 assists. It's our year"

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

City have:

I still think he’s currently worth the gamble.

JuriM

When KDB is returning or isn't it yet announced? I think for all the Pep roulette once he comes in, he should be the most vocal point to rely on.

Something to keep an eye on. Buendia could miss 2 games. There was a supposed agreement that the Argentine players would be released after 2 games, Argentina manager said he didnt hear that and they're playing the 3rd game. So would be 10 days quarantine after Argentina's 3rd game.

Brasil enforcing Covid rules.

Better late than never eh Bolsonaro?

ROFLUTION

Seeing the Buendia (Arg) issue - Does Raphinha (Bra) also have issues to watch out for so he can’t play?

Thought the FA said no to players going for non EU internationals?

ROFLUTION

Is that a start for him then.

Definitely

Edit: Sky writing that he has to quarantine for 5 days after arrival to UK. HMM landed saturday apparently. So probably can train two times with the team before Newcastle. Should be enough.

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
When KDB is returning or isn't it yet announced? I think for all the Pep roulette once he comes in, he should be the most vocal point to rely on.
He might be but with Grealish around he could share some the playmaking duties plus with him very likely not being on penalties anymore £12.0m (or £11.9m) looks quite steep. Could be a good differential though when he catches form but I doubt he will outscore Grealish by all that much to justify difference in price.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Seeing the Buendia (Arg) issue - Does Raphinha (Bra) also have issues to watch out for so he can’t play?

Thought the FA said no to players going for non EU internationals?
I think anyone going to South America will miss week 4 by the looks of it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is that a start for him then.

We've got away with one, with him getting that suspension, as otherwise he'd have had 2 extra games for Portugal, and surely wouldn't have been available for Newcastle at all.

Pickle85

Argh. Thanks buddy, that's useful (but concerning!) I've a reasonable bench and he's dropped already plus I hope long term he'll be worthwhile. Still, the first of many bumps in the road for me I suspect!

Ali Dia

I wildcarded for Ronaldo but today I’m feeling a lot more like Salah and Son and 3 middle priced strikers is most likely a better use of the cash. Truth is I probably should have just left my team as it was for another GW and captained Bruno for Newcastle.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I wildcarded for Ronaldo but today I’m feeling a lot more like Salah and Son and 3 middle priced strikers is most likely a better use of the cash. Truth is I probably should have just left my team as it was for another GW and captained Bruno for Newcastle.
Why are you going off Ronaldo now?

Can’t you fit in Ronaldo, Salah and Son…?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Yeah it was better to take a -4 now and save the WC for later cause now you have to go 12+ weeks before using the WC again and you will be taking more hits along the way.

Ali Dia

Yeah it was better to take a -4 now and save the WC for later cause now you have to go 12+ weeks before using the WC again and you will be taking more hits along the way.
It would have been a -8 to get Ronnie and I did want to tweak, move Amartey on and one or two other small things and I only had .2 in the bank. Still though. Wasn't the smart play after all. Bet my team will do about the same

Absolutely mental.

Villa and Spurs, what on earth where you doing?

Brazilian authorities - If anyone said “which country do you think will let well known PL footballers into their country and not recognise/know that four of them play in the Uk, a country that is in their quarantine list?”… you’d say Brazil?

Argentina/their FA… you absolute morons.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/s...-isolate-hours-before-brazil-game-2021-09-05/