Fantasy Premier League 21/22

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Ok guys which variant (add any changes too if you wish)

Team LRST

Ramsdale/Guaita
TAA/Rudiger/Manquilo/Williams/Marcal
Bissouma/Kovacic/Salah/Greenwood/Gray
Ronaldo/Lukaku/Édouard

Team LST

Ramsdale/Guaita
Manquilo/Rudiger/TAA/Marcal/Williams
Salah/Jota/Torres/Greenwood/Gray
Lukaku/Jimenez/Edouard

Team LRT:

Ramsdale/Guaita
TAA/Rudiger/Dias/Williams/Marcal
Greenwood/Pogba/Gray/ESR/Torres
Lukaku/Ronaldo/Édouard

Team LR:

Ramsdale/Guiatia
Matip/Laporte/Rudiger/Williams/Marcal
Jota/Pogba/Greenwood/Gray/Kovacic
Edouard/Ronaldo/Lukaku
(0.7 left in the bank)
I'd be wary of Ramsdale

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
3 premiums in midfield/attack is really too dangerous... I'm not giving up on TAA for sure.

My current draft is:

Sanchez
TAA Rudiger Tierney Cancelo Livramento
Salah Jota Greenwood Raphinha Doucoure
Lukaku ASM Armstrong

To fit in Ronaldo I either have to downgrade my defense considerably - which I'm very reluctant to do - or downgrade midfield... out of Salah, Lukaku and Ronaldo one has to be out.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
3 premiums in midfield/attack is really too dangerous... I'm not giving up on TAA for sure.

My current draft is:

Sanchez
TAA Rudiger Tierney Cancelo Livramento
Salah Jota Greenwood Raphinha Doucoure
Lukaku ASM Armstrong

To fit in Ronaldo I either have to downgrade my defense considerably - which I'm very reluctant to do - or downgrade midfield... out of Salah, Lukaku and Ronaldo one has to be out.
I agree completely, it's far too difficult to try and get all 4 in the one team. It's certainly possible but I just think it constricts you too much and makes you rely too much on them.

I think I probably need to add TAA into mine because at 7.5 he is exceptional value for the points he gets even if it is expensive in defence.

So the biggest challenge now for most of us is what 2 out of Lukaku/Salah/Ronaldo. I've got Lukaku/Ronaldo as of now but I also have pogba and greenwood. So think o may have too many united attackers which is swaying me to go Salah/Lukaku.

Zoo

Need to replace Son but am undecided between Torres and Jota.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Grealish + Matip or TAA + Gray?

Doing my wildcard here.
That’s a tough one. I’d say that’s 50-50. I have TAA and Gray and TAA is staying in for the season but I’m sure Gray will drop off and out for Gallagher or a 4.5 at some stage. Grealish should comfortably get into the top 10 point scoring midfielders. Trent will probably be the #1 point scoring defender… and Matip looks really really solid. Yeah I don’t know!

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Grealish + Matip or TAA + Gray?

Doing my wildcard here.
Id go with TAA + Gray.
Did my wildcard last week and went with Matip instead of TAA.
TAA pulls out a 12 pointer. I havent massively missed out as it allowed me to get Rudiger and Coady in so the money is spread.

However, TAA is basically an all out attacking right winger who also gets clean sheets. And he racks up the bonus points.
Points per million he's one of the best in the game. I'm gonna have to get him in again so i've essentially used the wildcard to book transfers to get him back.
Keep him.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Id go with TAA + Gray.
Did my wildcard last week and went with Matip instead of TAA.
TAA pulls out a 12 pointer. I havent massively missed out as it allowed me to get Rudiger and Coady in so the money is spread.

However, TAA is basically an all out attacking right winger who also gets clean sheets. And he racks up the bonus points.
Points per million he's one of the best in the game. I'm gonna have to get him in again so i've essentially used the wildcard to book transfers to get him back.
Keep him.
That’s a tough one. I’d say that’s 50-50. I have TAA and Gray and TAA is staying in for the season but I’m sure Gray will drop off and out for Gallagher or a 4.5 at some stage. Grealish should comfortably get into the top 10 point scoring midfielders. Trent will probably be the #1 point scoring defender… and Matip looks really really solid. Yeah I don’t know!
Cheers lads. I'm edging towards Gray + TAA because City have two difficult away fixtures after the Southampton game.

If Grealish does well I can always downgrade Shaw and get him in for Jota/Greenwood.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Thinking I’m going to take my first hit of the season lads. DCL for Jiminez. It’s obvously a punt but I prefer playing with 3 strikers and if Bamford really is injured/carrying a bad knock and I don’t take the hit I’ll only have Ronaldo up front and Omobamidele and Duffy starting. The fixtures aren’t that bad for them but I can see Jiminez finally doing the business over all these lovely green fixtures while DCL is out. 8 million injured player is too much to leave on the bench.

I could just wait one GW and use a free transfer to get Jiminez then after watching him for one more week or take the -4 and roll the dice?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I agree completely, it's far too difficult to try and get all 4 in the one team. It's certainly possible but I just think it constricts you too much and makes you rely too much on them.

I think I probably need to add TAA into mine because at 7.5 he is exceptional value for the points he gets even if it is expensive in defence.

So the biggest challenge now for most of us is what 2 out of Lukaku/Salah/Ronaldo. I've got Lukaku/Ronaldo as of now but I also have pogba and greenwood. So think o may have too many united attackers which is swaying me to go Salah/Lukaku.
Salah/Ronaldo till week 7 and then Salah/Lukaku.

Sarni

It is an incredible headache I must say to pick 2 of them.

I have a draft with all 3 but it looks like this:

Sanchez
TAA Rudiger Tierney Ayling Livramento
Salah Jota Raphinha Doucoure Gilmour
Ronaldo Lukaku 4.5

Which basically means I am replacing ASM with Ronaldo, at a cost of downgrading Dias to Ayling, Greenwood to Gilmour and losing my bench striker. Makes my bench very week as Livramento is the only viable option to come off it, and also not convinced that Doucoure will get me that many points.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Sanchez
Ronaldo Lukaku 4.5

Which basically means I am replacing ASM with Ronaldo, at a cost of downgrading Dias to Ayling, Greenwood to Gilmour and losing my bench striker. Makes my bench very week as Livramento is the only viable option to come off it, and also not convinced that Doucoure will get me that many points.
Deleted my original post as saw this after!

But yes, that's the conundrum. Is Lukaku's occasional big hauls (like the weekend) worth most likely losing out on the other switches. Probably not.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
just pulled the wildcard trigger

team is now

Steer - Sanchez

Duffy - White - Mitchell - TAA - Manquillo

Bissouma - Gray - Salah - Jota - Gallagher

Lukaku - Ronaldo - Edourard

got .6 still to play with, Manquillo and Steer are just fire and forget, I'll probably never use them, not sure if Greenwood will be playing and United are coming into the toughest part of the season for them.

Midfield looks a bit light now, sitting with 296 points at the moment but not sure on possibly dropping Lukaku for a better midfielder, I've just dropped Bruno for Ronaldo as I'm sure Ronaldo will take pens.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Sanchez
Ronaldo Lukaku 4.5

Its not a TERRIBLE side and some weeks, could see big scores but on average, the midfield looks light?

There's going to be a lot of splits coming in, after a start of template teams. 2, 3 or 4 big hitters and which ones?

Picking the right ones at the right times will be huge, very tricky

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Its not a TERRIBLE side and some weeks, could see big scores but on average, the midfield looks light?

There's going to be a lot of splits coming in, after a start of template teams. 2, 3 or 4 big hitters and which ones?

I'll just focus on fixtures. it's the best way I find. I had my highest ever finish last year following this rule.

Sarni

It is a decent team overall but the sacrifice is too big. I am basically removing Greenwood, ASM, Armstrong, Dias to get Ronaldo, Ayling, a midfielder who will get me 2 points every week and a striker that will never play. The weekends when I’m not captaining Ronaldo I will just have to be worse off. Greenwood (or another 7.0m midfielder) + Dias is probably worth more than Ronaldo + Ayling most weeks, let alone the bench strength I am adding.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Well you probably ended up above me but wheres the fun in saying that eh?

I just want to beat Ben Crellin. And tweet it on his page throughout the summer close season
Where did you end up out of curiosity? I was around 20k but feel it was a missed opportunity because I missed the entire festive fixtures (had a baby at that time).

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Seriously? 20k and you stopped playing for how many games? Just left it with no Liverpool assets and went about your life?:)
I missed probably about 5 GWs. I also lost 18 points from Son because my internet crashed right before the deadline one week. As I've said many times on this thread... I'm an idiot :lol:

Where did you end up out of curiosity? I was around 20k but feel it was a missed opportunity because I missed the entire festive fixtures (had a baby at that time).
I did almost the opposite.

By December, I was about 4.2millionth… then put some time into it and ended up about 76,000. Long way from 20k though.

Currently 6,895 (though on a different email address to last years 76,000th. I’ve got two email addresses and just realised I’ve used last years poor account for this years ‘proper’ team, and last years good account for this years ‘muck about’ team)

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I did almost the opposite.

By December, I was about 4.2millionth… then put some time into it and ended up about 76,000. Long way from 20k though.

Currently 6,895 (though on a different email address to last years 76,000th. I’ve got two email addresses and just realised I’ve used last years poor account for this years ‘proper’ team, and last years good account for this years ‘muck about’ team)
That's a solid climb mate. I bet you finish in the top 20k this year.

Sarni

Tempted to use Livramento as my fourth defender and push someone like Brandon Williams into that ‘fifth defender that I almost never use’ role. This way I could bolster my midfield and get another regular there.

Smith Rowe at £5.3m is super tempting too.

Tempted to use Livramento as my fourth defender and push someone like Brandon Williams into that ‘fifth defender that I almost never use’ role. This way I could bolster my midfield and get another regular there.

Smith Rowe at £5.3m is super tempting too.
did you delete your WC team? Could’ve sworn I saw it

Sarni

did you delete your WC team? Could’ve sworn I saw it
Yeah wanted to modify it but deleted by accident.

It is currently:

Sanchez 4.0
TAA Dias Rudiger Tierney Livramento
Salah Jota Greenwood Raphinha Gilmour
Ronaldo ASM Armstrong

But I am super tempted to downgrade my defence and add some quality in midfield. One of my ideas was:

Sanchez 4.0
TAA Shaw Tierney Livramento Williams
Salah Grealish Greenwood Jota Raphinha
Ronaldo ASM 4.5

Now the obvious issue with that it’s virtually 11+1 and you got a Southampton full back as your 1… first team is a proper force though. In weeks where Grealish, Jota or Greenwood are rotated - which will be many - I am going to drop heavily.

While I feel fine with Livramento being my 13th player, to have him as my 12th is overkill.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Yeah wanted to modify it but deleted by accident.

It is currently:

Sanchez 4.0
TAA Dias Rudiger Tierney Livramento
Salah Jota Greenwood Raphinha Gilmour
Ronaldo ASM Armstrong

But I am super tempted to downgrade my defence and add some quality in midfield. One of my ideas was:

Sanchez 4.0
TAA Shaw Tierney Livramento Williams
Salah Grealish Greenwood Jota Raphinha
Ronaldo ASM 4.5

Now the obvious issue with that it’s virtually 11+1 and you got a Southampton full back as your 1… first team is a proper force though. In weeks where Grealish, Jota or Greenwood are rotated - which will be many - I am going to drop heavily.

While I feel fine with Livramento being my 13th player, to have him as my 12th is overkill.
I actually think Tierney is overrated. If he was playing for a better team and he had less injury problems then he would be a nice option but Arsenal are not reliable at all. Marcal/Semedo and Wolves are a better option especially with their fixtures.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Sanchez Foster
Cancelo Pinnock TAA Marcal Livramento
Pogba Salah Benrahma Greenwood Gallagher
Lukaku Antonio Dennis

Thoughts guys?

Defence has 2 regular clean sheet players Marcal has a good run of fixtures (and wolves have kept 50% clean sheets) and Pinnock is a solid cheap starter and set piece threat for Brentford. Livramento is a cheap bench option.

Pogba should start week in week out Salah obvious Benrahma a cheap good point collector and Greenwood essentially a striker (also easy to sub out if he won’t play one week) Gallagher is a solid starter for Palace too

Lukaku cheaper than Ronaldo and I can’t justify the price rise on Ronaldo whereas I think Lukaku will be a 12m player soon. Dennis has a favourable run of fixtures and is a temp cheap option until Antonio is back from suspension.

Dan_F

Sanchez Foster
Cancelo Pinnock TAA Marcal Livramento
Pogba Salah Benrahma Greenwood Gallagher
Lukaku Antonio Dennis

Thoughts guys?

Defence has 2 regular clean sheet players Marcal has a good run of fixtures (and wolves have kept 50% clean sheets) and Pinnock is a solid cheap starter and set piece threat for Brentford. Livramento is a cheap bench option.

Pogba should start week in week out Salah obvious Benrahma a cheap good point collector and Greenwood essentially a striker (also easy to sub out if he won’t play one week) Gallagher is a solid starter for Palace too

Lukaku cheaper than Ronaldo and I can’t justify the price rise on Ronaldo whereas I think Lukaku will be a 12m player soon. Dennis has a favourable run of fixtures and is a temp cheap option until Antonio is back from suspension.
You on a wildcard? Fixtures don’t look great this week. Gallagher against Liverpool, Benrahma against United, Livramento against City.

It’s the reason I’m not using my wildcard even though I have issues with Antonio and DCL. I’m not sure my long term wildcard preferences will do well this weekend.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
You on a wildcard? Fixtures don’t look great this week. Gallagher against Liverpool, Benrahma against United, Livramento against City.

It’s the reason I’m not using my wildcard even though I have issues with Antonio and DCL. I’m not sure my long term wildcard preferences will do well this weekend.
Yeah I’m on a wild card so very open to suggestions

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
With a Friday night game, hopefully there's some proper updates on whether Bamford's hamstring has "Pinged" or he was over exaggerating.

Lucky they're playing in this Friday game really, as if it was later in the weekend we might not have heard before the deadline.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I'm sure Bamford is fine. He's just played 90 minutes for Bielsa, of course he'll have muscles pinging. He's done the interview straight after the game, if he'd hurt himself he'd be gettin immediate treatment and someone else would be doing it