Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think you're overly determined to have Ronaldo.

In nine games against the top 5 serie A sides last season he blanked in six, scoring two open play goals and one penalty, making him more of a flat-track bully than even Lukaku that season. He now faces Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs, City, Chelsea and Arsenal in his next 7 games. While playing for a team not exactly in peak form. Under a manager who has typically been very conservative in big games. And he's the most expensive player in FPL. How much of a return on value are you actually expecting with all that considered?

To me he's an easy drop on your wildcard. Sure he'll get goals, but not near enough to justify 12.5m of your budget when other cheaper players will be returning points too.
You're probably right. It's just that Ronaldo taps into that glorious nostalgia and intense feelings of euphoria :drool:

Maybe can just enjoy any goals he gets, and then re-think it for our (coughs) easy spell in 5-6 weeks.

Maxii

Paad
So best Jota replacements? Foden?
You never know what run of games he’ll get. Doesn’t matter how good a city players form is, they can be left out and not start 2 games in a row at any time. Staying clear of them after last year

Paul_Scholes18

39 points. Awful and only Salah gave me some points, but I did find out that it did hurt my rank badly with so many going Salah captain vs City.
At least they got a draw so we are still in the race, but not very much.

Skills

Snitch
43 this week. Bad week on paper, but managed to pull away another 4 points in my mini-league. They've all used their wild cards now too, so feel pretty good

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cranked the wildcard out

For now I've taken Shaw, Coufal, Bamford and Greenwood out, and put in Cancelo, Livramento, Duffy and Foden.

Place holders some of them, and to avoid missing Cancelo's increase tonight, and potential Coufal and Greenwood falls.

Will monitor over 2 weeks.

Benrahma is an issue. Probably want him out, but he's holding value.

Sanchez Foster
Cancelo Rudiger White Livramento Duffy
Salah Raphinha Foden Gray Benrahma
Ronaldo Jiminez Antonio.

Ronnie can go to Lukaku of course, but no rush tonight.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Cranked the wildcard out

For now I've taken Shaw, Coufal, Bamford and Greenwood out, and put in Cancelo, Livramento, Duffy and Foden.

Place holders some of them, and to avoid missing Cancelo's increase tonight, and potential Coufal and Greenwood falls.

Will monitor over 2 weeks.

Benrahma is an issue. Probably want him out, but he's holding value.

Sanchez Foster
Cancelo Rudiger White Livramento Duffy
Salah Raphinha Foden Gray Benrahma
Ronaldo Jiminez Antonio.

Ronnie can go to Lukaku of course, but no rush tonight.
Taken out 2 Def, 1 Mid and 1 fwd. Replaced by 3 Def and a mid?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Who to replace Ronaldo with…?

And when to do it considering he is gonna drop and all other viable forwards are gonna rise?
Lukaku. I will give Ronaldo one more game and then Lukaku comes in. Also and Mendy instead of Dave. Going full Chelsea and zero United now

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think i'm going to explore the Ronaldo-Lukaku-Antonio front 3.
Have 2 weeks to push the button for sure, so I'll just get on any risers for now.
West Ham have tough fixtures coming up. I’m thinking of taking out Antonio for the next few weeks as well. With the tough fixtures and his rotation in Europe I don’t trust him to do the job. Jimenez, Bamford, Watkins or ASM will come in.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
You never know what run of games he’ll get. Doesn’t matter how good a city players form is, they can be left out and not start 2 games in a row at any time. Staying clear of them after last year
He seems to be the only player in yaht price bracket playing well, agree about the Pep rotation issue.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
West Ham have tough fixtures coming up. I’m thinking of taking out Antonio for the next few weeks as well. With the tough fixtures and his rotation in Europe I don’t trust him to do the job. Jimenez, Bamford, Watkins or ASM will come in.
I've had since week 1 so loathe to lose such bank. He's a 10 point man quite often so I'd definitely keep.

RDCR07

Alright peeps. Wildcard advice:

Sanchez - (Raya)
Azpi - Rudiger - Cancelo - Dias - (Livra)
Salah - Zaha - Raphinha - Townsend - (D. Luiz)
Lukaku - Antonio - (Toney)

I can go 3-4-3 or 4-4-2. I also have 2m in the bank to bring in Trent at any time. And I can downgrade Dias or Cancelo to a 4.5 or 5.0 to upgrade Lukaku to Ronaldo.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Sanchez - (Raya)

I can go 3-4-3 or 4-4-2. I also have 2m in the bank to bring in Trent at any time. And I can downgrade Dias or Cancelo to a 4.5 or 5.0 to upgrade Lukaku to Ronaldo.
Midfield a bit… meh?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Sanchez - (Raya)

I'm not sure I trust Townsend in the long term... Zaha is a known troll so expect him to stop scoring.

Otherwise, it's solid.

Here's mine, any thoughts?

Ramsdale
TAA, Cancelo, Rudiger
Salah, Raphinha, Saka, Gray
Antonio, Lukaku, Jimenez

Subs: Foster, Liveromento, Duffy, Brownhill

£1.8m in the back. Some of that is to swap Lukaku back to Ronaldo later and the rest is for flexibility.

My main thoughts are, am I missing Mbuemo or Toney? They have a run of Burnley, Newcastle and Norwich coming up...

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
One of Cancelo or Dias will be benched against Burnley I reckon…

Possible Cancelo after Salah utterly humiliated him.

That City backline has been surprisingly stable for Guardiola’s standards - I expect that to change after the International Break.

Zinchenko and Stones will likely start to come into the equation.

RDCR07

One of Cancelo or Dias will be benched against Burnley I reckon…

Possible Cancelo after Salah utterly humiliated him.

That City backline has been surprisingly stable for Guardiola’s standards - I expect that to change after the International Break.

Zinchenko and Stones will likely start to come into the equation.
Zinchenko might start but he isn’t going to bench Cancelo. Them not having Mendy makes it a little more complicated. They only have 3 fullbacks and Walker needs more of a rest than Cancelo cause he is the better defender but he is injury prone so Pep will protect him more.

RDCR07

I'm not sure I trust Townsend in the long term... Zaha is a known troll so expect him to stop scoring.

Otherwise, it's solid.

Here's mine, any thoughts?

Ramsdale
TAA, Cancelo, Rudiger
Salah, Raphinha, Saka, Gray
Antonio, Lukaku, Jimenez

Subs: Foster, Liveromento, Duffy, Brownhill

£1.8m in the back. Some of that is to swap Lukaku back to Ronaldo later and the rest is for flexibility.

My main thoughts are, am I missing Mbuemo or Toney? They have a run of Burnley, Newcastle and Norwich coming up...
I was okay not having playable options to start the season cause I knew I would be wildcarding around this time but I don’t want to go into next 15-20 weeks without a wildcard and without attacking options from the bench.

Rhyme Animal

Zinchenko might start but he isn’t going to bench Cancelo. Them not having Mendy makes it a little more complicated. They only have 3 fullbacks and Walker needs more of a rest than Cancelo cause he is the better defender but he is injury prone so Pep will protect him more.
Do you think Cancelo will start literally every game?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
#1 in the world got hacked, got his account restored, played the Free Hit to mitigate the damage as much as possible and ended up with 60 points! That sounds like a pretty good outcome to me.

paulscholes18

Sanchez - (Raya)

Be tempted to swap Townsend, Zaha and Toney to Mbembo, Doucoure & Jimenez.

RDCR07

Be tempted to swap Townsend, Zaha and Toney to Mbembo, Doucoure & Jimenez.
Mbembo has scored 1 goal. Doucoure is an option but I prefer Gallagher at that price. And Toney/Jimenez are a toss up but Brentford have better fixtures over the next 6-7 GWs. I changed Zaha to Gallagher and D. Luiz to Saka.

Rhyme Animal

Well no but he has more of a chance at starting than either Walker or Zinchenko. I can ask the same of Dias. Do you think he is going to start every game?
No, I think he’s going to start being rotated as I just said!

And so WHEN Cancelo does start getting rotated more - when do you think it’s more likely to happen, Burnley at home or away to Bruges in the CL…? Genuine question.

Obviously second guessing Guardiola is like trying to predict the weather a month in advance.

But Cancelo has played 90 mins in EVERY City PL game this season - he’ll start being rotated more in the coming months imo.

Btw I’m not arguing against his worth as an asset, just pointing out that a likely benching could well be the Burnley game.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

And so WHEN Cancelo does start getting rotated more - when do you think it’s more likely to happen, Burnley at home or away to Bruges in the CL…? Genuine question.

Obviously second guessing Guardiola is like trying to predict the weather a month in advance.

But Cancelo has played 90 mins in EVERY City PL game this season - he’ll start being rotated more in the coming months imo.

Btw I’m not arguing against his worth as an asset, just pointing out that a likely benching could well be the Burnley game.
I'm on Cancelo too. I feel he will get the eventual benching but:

Pep usually doesn't bring on defenders of they're benched.

Also, players like Duffy and Liveromento are excellent subs at low costs.

RDCR07

Away to Bruges. Zinchenko is still injured. He is expected to come back only after the international break. Do you think he is going to start as soon as he is back after almost a month out? And Burnley are no slouch. They can be tough on their day with their physicality.

Maxii

Paad
Got Azpi in. Not too hot on making a transfer this early but I can’t afford him when his price goes up over the next few days

Gazautd18

What do we think of Hwang from wolves?
Just put him in for Toney who's done absolutely fk all since I returned him back in to the squad.
Hoping him and Raul will be the main goal getters for Wolves.
Hope they get a little big man little man combination going.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
So was Alonso just a terrible transfer as I felt all along? I finally cave and Chilwell comes back in… disgusting! Livra on the bench was cool though but still… should I just get Rudiger?
Rudiger is the safe bet. If you want Chelsea defense, it should be Rudiger and ???? so you at least get the clean sheet points if your other one missed out.

What do we think of Hwang from wolves?
He looks good but unless you are bringing him in solely as a bench player, you would need to leave money in the bank because of he gets injured/dropped/suspended, it will be a nightmare to replace him.

Anyone see enough of Brentford to give me more information on Mbuemo and Toney?

Which is likely to do better on the easy run in they're about to go on after Chelsea...?