Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Paul_Scholes18

I actually like Foden this year. But with Pep I don’t want to spend 7.9 on a player who sits on the bench every other week. Mahrez hasn’t been good consistently for over 2 years now.
Yeah in draft I have suggested Mahrez to Foden, but someone else will get him. I am first and doing well getting the cheaper picks. Like I got Sa in goal and noone else really wanted him.

Antonio carried my team though in draft and Jesus.

RedDevil@84

My mate in FPL draft has

VVD Cancelo
Mane, KDB, Grealish, Greenwood
Kane, Lukaku, Ronaldo

And because of crap form and Pep-o-roulette (my mate puts players on bench and Pep immediately picks them and they play well), he is last in the draft league. I know it is just a matter of time before he defeats all of us, but it is fun to watch him groan with all that firepower :lol::lol:.

Will enjoy it till it lasts.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Yeah in draft I have suggested Mahrez to Foden, but someone else will get him. I am first and doing well getting the cheaper picks. Like I got Sa in goal and noone else really wanted him.

Antonio carried my team though in draft and Jesus.
Yeah Antonio was great till now. But I’m contemplating taking him for Jimenez with Lukaku and Toney my other two strikers. His fixtures turn and I don’t see West Ham scoring a boat load of goals over the next few weeks. And they have Europa on top of that.

Paul_Scholes18

My mate in FPL draft has

VVD Cancelo
Kane, Lukaku, Ronaldo

And because of crap form and Pep-o-roulette (my mate puts players on bench and Pep immediately picks them and they play well), he is last in the draft league. I know it is just a matter of time before he defeats all of us, but it is fun to watch him groan with all that firepower :lol::lol:.

Wow that attack. Funny my draft attack with Antonio, Jimenez and Jesus done better recently.

If they all find form he should gain a lot.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah Antonio was great till now. But I’m contemplating taking him for Jimenez with Lukaku and Toney my other two strikers. His fixtures turn and I don’t see West Ham scoring a boat load of goals over the next few weeks. And they have Europa on top of that.
I have so many issues in attack looking at fixtures. I sell Benrahma to Mbeumo rather than Antonio to Toney next week. Greenwood to Raphinha this week.

Might have TAA Cancelo Dias Rudiger def though. My cheap mids in Sarr, Gray, Benrahma needs some changing. I like watching them all though, but bad fixtures.
Sarr I might keep and bench a bit to see if Ranieri gets him going.

RedDevil@84

Wow that attack. Funny my draft attack with Antonio, Jimenez and Jesus done better recently.

If they all find form he should gain a lot.
Ya true. But he is stuck with them till they find form. Because if he drops someone, others would pick that player immediately. And he will have to smash his head if that player finds form later.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I keep coming back to Son. I think if you’re going to spend big on any player after Salah or TAA it’s got to be Son. He’s expected to get around 14 goals and 8 assists from midfield. Most of the 5-6 million midfield players will get half that and it’s also a little more than most of the mid priced strikers. He’s a good captain shout on the odd weekend you don’t fancy Salah and if Kane catches fire you don’t automatically have to pull your team apart to get him.

So for me Son and TAA are worth the extra money for points per million spent. They are nailed on, proven, reliable and don’t need to be transferred in and out around fixture runs as they can still return against anyone.

The better City Chelsea and Utd forwards should be the same but rotation can make any of them a total waste of funds on any given GW as shown by Ronaldo against Everton.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Ya true. But he is stuck with them till they find form. Because if he drops someone, others would pick that player immediately. And he will have to smash his head if that player finds form later.
Yeah I fear that with Mahrez, but everyone in my league fears Pep roulette so I doubt someone gets him. Sterling is free for example. Foden will be taken I am sure about.

I am thinking about getting a Brighton mid as a free punt like Trossard. Fornals I can sell I think. We are only 4 people in the league so lots of free players that could do well.

Mbeumo I should maybe take before he gets taken. Could sell Mahrez for him.

saivet

Current WC draft with £2.3m in the bank and unsure where to make upgrades.

Ramsdale, Sanchez
Duffy, Livra, TAA, Rudiger, Dias
Salah, Raphina, Townsend, Saka, Mbeumo
Lukaku, Antonio, Armstrong

Saka/Armstrong are the ones I'd like to upgrade but I'm not sure for who. Any suggestions?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
My mate in FPL draft has

VVD Cancelo
Kane, Lukaku, Ronaldo

Does he?

That's good going as those 9 players currently cost circa £88m/£89m.

Leaves him with about £12m for 6 players. (May have got a mill or so from price increases).

Crazy good? No offence but that's one of the worst teams I've seen in this thread. Not a single big hitter so there’s never a reliable captaincy option there. Gross misuse of funds. 1 out of 15 players below 5m and that player is a rotation risk from a poor Spurs defence. Spending 11m on a pair of goalies is criminal, these days meta is 4.5m+4.0m so that's 2.5m down the drain for no reason. Cheapest attacker is over 6m when really he should be 4.5m (another 1.5m wasted on the bench). Most expensive attacker is 8m. There is a lot of historical data and advanced algorithms behind the prices they set. Picking 8 attackers between 6-8m is always going to end in tears because they're always likelier to blank than return. It's just a bad and unbalanced squad.

Honestly if you go the transfer section, remove all your players and click auto pick, that's the kind of squad you'll get. And that's not a good thing.
Ouch :(

Reminds me of one of my early work appraisals.

Midfield seems to be difficult this year.
Son either 10 points it or 0, Pogba and Greenwood had purple patches then dropped. Man City an absolute minefield, Chelsea's options who should be superb choices, are equally as big a minefield. Mane too expensive with Salah around.
Rapha and the likes a bit inconsistent.
Tis hard.

When you filter midfielders, Salah has 70 (surely one day they'll class him as a forward?!) then 6 players in low 40s next. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th ranked cost a total of about £18m but no-one would have picked them from day.1?)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Settled on my WC team:

Ramsdale
TAA, Rudiger, Cancelo
Salah, Raphinha, Saka, Gray
Lukaku, Jimenez, Antonio

Subs: Foster, Liveromento, Duffy, Brownhill

£1.8m in the bank (for Ronaldo and flexibility).

Will swap Jimenez to Toney after the next 2 GW's.

Can anyone see any glaring upgrades? Specifically looking at Saka or Gray...

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Settled on my WC team:

Ramsdale
TAA, Rudiger, Cancelo
Lukaku, Jimenez, Antonio

Depends on TAA's fitness actually. If he isn't fit, will get in one of Azpi/Dias instead and upgrade Gray to Foden. But overall your side is very very similar to mine (I have White instead of Duffy, Sanchez instead of Ramsdale, and no TAA or Gray for now) and so it looks good to me

Paul_Scholes18

Settled on my WC team:

Ramsdale
TAA, Rudiger, Cancelo
Lukaku, Jimenez, Antonio

Looks solid. I would get Sanchez as well in goal with all your money.

Although for future moves you can need the cash and Arsenal have decent fixtures.

I would also consider getting Chilwell or Azpi with that money, but it also blocks future moves.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Settled on my WC team:

Ramsdale
TAA, Rudiger, Cancelo
Lukaku, Jimenez, Antonio

Not really. There's ESR and Mbeumo but you have them covered with Saka and the move for Toney. Other than that most people who don't opt for an Everton player would probably be taking a punt on a Chelsea or City mid, who'd cost you more. I'd quite like Son if I was wildcarding but that's well beyond your budget.

If you wanted a punt you could opt for a Palace mid like Zaha or Gallagher I guess? Their fixtures are only decent/mixed but they're decent/mixed for a long run: Arsenal, Newcastle, City, Wolves, Burnley, Villa, Leeds, United, Everton, Southampton, Watford, Spurs, Norwich, West Ham, Brighton, etc. You could probably have someone like the 5.7m Gallagher (who has posted good stats given the tough run of fixtures they've had) and bench him for Livramento in tougher games (as Southampton rotate fairly well with Palace).

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Depends on TAA's fitness actually. If he isn't fit, will get in one of Azpi/Dias instead and upgrade Gray to Foden. But overall your side is very very similar to mine (I have White instead of Duffy, Sanchez instead of Ramsdale, and no TAA or Gray for now) and so it looks good to me
Yes, Azpi will come in if TAA is not fit but I won't be getting in Foden. Can't handle the Pep roulette!

Looks solid. I would get Sanchez as well in goal with all your money.

Although for future moves you can need the cash and Arsenal have decent fixtures.

I would also consider getting Chilwell or Azpi with that money, but it also blocks future moves.
I'm considering Chilwell but at this stage, I'm reluctant to have money spread too much due to not having the flex of the WC any more.

Not really. There's ESR and Mbeumo but you have them covered with Saka and the move for Toney. Other than that most people who don't opt for an Everton player would probably be taking a punt on a Chelsea or City mid, who'd cost you more. I'd quite like Son if I was wildcarding but that's well beyond your budget.

If you wanted a punt you could opt for a Palace mid like Zaha or Gallagher I guess? Their fixtures are only decent/mixed but they're decent/mixed for a long run: Arsenal, Newcastle, City, Wolves, Burnley, Villa, Leeds, United, Everton, Southampton, Watford, Spurs, Norwich, West Ham, Brighton, etc. You could probably have someone like the 5.7m Gallagher (who has posted good stats given the tough run of fixtures they've had) and bench him for Livramento in tougher games (as Southampton rotate fairly well with Palace).
Gallagher is someone on my radar, will look into that further cheers. Zaha... Absolutely not. That cnut has trolled me way too much :lol:

A bit premature haha. We’ve got almost 2 weeks left. We will chop and change plenty before then.
Nah I'm more likely to not look at it until nearer the GW unless I hear someone in my team is injured.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Settled on my WC team:

Ramsdale
TAA, Rudiger, Cancelo
Lukaku, Jimenez, Antonio

Not dissimilar to my own except I regretfully went for Grealish to keep a slot to rotate an 8m ish midfielder. Feel like downgrading to a Gallagher type already but no idea what to do with the extra £ then

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Not dissimilar to my own except I regretfully went for Grealish to keep a slot to rotate an 8m ish midfielder. Feel like downgrading to a Gallagher type already but no idea what to do with the extra £ then
I been thinking about it and might have to pick up a City mid as their fixtures are quite tasty, plus they got their game against Burnley, who they annually thrash. Grealish would be a good hold. Foden would be even better if he definitely played.

I might have to do something like:

Ramsdale
TAA, Rudiger, Cancelo
Salah, Mbuemo, Raphinha, Foden/Grealish
Antonio, Jimenez, Lukaku

Subs: Foster, Liveramento, Duffy, Brownhill

Just depends if I want to play the Pep roulette or not, having two of their players in the team.

paulscholes18

What is the wc template team so I can get some differentials in? Salah, TAA, city Def and Lukaku?
433 seems the most popular formation from the youtubers I watch.
Template looks somewhat like this
Ramsdale or Sanchez/Foster
Azpilicueta Rudiger Dias Cancelo Livramento
Salah Raphinha (2 from Grealish, Saka, Doucoure, Zaha) and a 4.5 mid
Antonio Lukaku (ASM, Jimenez or Toney)
Not going Grealish can leave you the 1.5m to bring in TAA

RDCR07

I been thinking about it and might have to pick up a City mid as their fixtures are quite tasty, plus they got their game against Burnley, who they annually thrash. Grealish would be a good hold. Foden would be even better if he definitely played.

Ramsdale
TAA, Rudiger, Cancelo
Antonio, Jimenez, Lukaku

Just depends if I want to play the Pep roulette or not, having two of their players in the team.
I am actually thinking of going Ederson and a 4.5 def instead of a 4.5 GK and Cancelo. This way I can avoid the whole Pep roulette and cover my City defense.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
433 seems the most popular formation from the youtubers I watch.
Template looks somewhat like this
Ramsdale or Sanchez/Foster
Azpilicueta Rudiger Dias Cancelo Livramento
Salah Raphinha (2 from Grealish, Saka, Doucoure, Zaha) and a 4.5 mid
Antonio Lukaku (ASM, Jimenez or Toney)
Not going Grealish can leave you the 1.5m to bring in TAA
You know the whole things gone a bit pear shaped when Wilf Zaha is template. Couple of weeks every season til everyone catches themselves on

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I am actually thinking of going Ederson and a 4.5 def instead of a 4.5 GK and Cancelo. This way I can avoid the whole Pep roulette and cover my City defense.
Don't mate.

Ederson won't get save points. 4.5 defenders most likely won't get you attacking returns.

Cancelo will play most games and his attacking returns should cover those few weeks where he doesn't play.

Plus, there's great cover in Liveromento and Duffy of Cancelo doesn't play.

Paul_Scholes18

Don't mate.

Ederson won't get save points. 4.5 defenders most likely won't get you attacking returns.

Cancelo will play most games and his attacking returns should cover those few weeks where he doesn't play.

Actually though Ederson is not that far behind. If Cancelo gets rotated it could be close.

Ederson is so boring though since he rarely hauls and he do not explode vs weaker teams, but just get 6.

Last edited:

RDCR07

Don't mate.

But doesn’t consistent clean sheet points exceed save points across the whole season? I know he won’t get bonus points but clean sheets are much more prevalent.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
But doesn’t consistent clean sheet points exceed save points across the whole season? I know he won’t get bonus points but clean sheets are much more prevalent.
Not by enough to be worth the price difference though.

For example, last season Ederson would have got you 160 points for 6m. Meanwhile Meslier from Leeds would have got you 154 points for 4.5m. Generally you'll get more value from the extra 1.5m spent in other positions than in goalkeepers.

Ramsdale
TAA, Rudiger, Cancelo
Antonio, Jimenez, Lukaku

City haven’t got a midfielder over 26 points.

Mbuemo, Trossard, Tielemans and 20 other midfielders have got over 26.

#Peproulette (and no one beats the house)

Paul_Scholes18

I know. But like you, I'm a gambler at heart :lol:
I think Foden looks the best, but Pep loves rotating him. Grealish been more nailed, but I could see Foden taking minutes from him.

Mahrez in the cold, but highest ceiling and on pens. KDB probably second for pens and second highest ceiling, but too expensive.

Maybe go for Jesus as he feels like first choice and doing well. If you dare sell Antonio for him. Huge risk, but could work.

RDCR07

For example, last season Ederson would have got you 160 points for 6m. Meanwhile Meslier from Leeds would have got you 154 points for 4.5m. Generally you'll get more value from the extra 1.5m spent in other positions than in goalkeepers.
Ah I see. Very good explanation mate. I will switch back to Raya and Sanchez. Thanks.

Paul_Scholes18

Ah I see. Very good explanation mate. I will switch back to Raya and Sanchez. Thanks.
I think Raya has shown great promise for getting both saves and clean sheets.
Might bring him in, but sadly do not think he rotates that well with Sanchez.

Also Brighton are good in the harder games based on last season. Still do not want Sanchez vs City and Liverpool.

RDCR07

How do I cover City’s defense though if I pick Cancelo and he gets rested? It doesn’t sit well with me.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I think Raya has shown great promise for getting both saves and clean sheets.
Might bring him in, but sadly do not think he rotates that well with Sanchez.

Also Brighton are good in the harder games based on last season. Still do not want Sanchez vs City and Liverpool.
Issue with Sanchez is that the way Brighton defend, he doesn't make many saves so is in line with the 2 or 6 points that a premium gets. Raya and Ramsdale look like the best cheap GKs I think.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How do I cover City’s defense though if I pick Cancelo and he gets rested? It doesn’t sit well with me.
You'd either have to opt for a more secure starter like Dias (but with less potential for attacking returns) or just accept the benchings when they happen.

Tbh given City had the best defence in the league last season and have started this season with five clean sheets from seven games ( having faced the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, etc.) I don't think you'll go far wrong with either Dias or Cancelo barring injury. I think there was 4 points between them by the end of last season so it's just a matter of preference really.