Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Schneiderman

Probably 12 million for Lukaku? He'll score a lot of goals in that Chelsea team, probably a must after the fixture swing.

Increasingly considering just setting up for them first 7 gameweeks.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Sexy midfield. Very much like mine. Mahrez scored again tonight.

Might rethink Havertz if they get Lukaku.
Yeah I was thinking that too. The attraction now would be the false 9! Although I really like him as a player.

It’s hard to know who to put there in his place if Grealish goes to City.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I think I am going to plan a team for the first 6 weeks too, based on pre-season and those who aren’t ready.

Sanchez

TAA, Shaw, Robertson
Salah, Mahrez, Havertz, Greenwood, Buendia
Watkins, Toney

Steele, Ayling, White, Perica

I hate having a non-player on the bench but it’s the only way to get in the players I want. Two 4.5 instead of a 5 mil defender gives me two decent covers for those who won’t start.

Have tried to go for players who have had good preseasons and are ready to go with first games in mind.

Not that happy with attack, but no 7.5 really convinces me completely and feel like Toney will definitely start, so might have gone for him anyway!

Easy to change to Sancho/Grealish from Mahrez/Havertz, if they start well and will probably bring in Raphinia for Buendia and another 7.5 for Watkins before first three games are out.

No Bruno is a worry but I love the midfield combo with Robertson that I can play without him.

There will always be weaknesses and questions somewhere!
Holy smokes brother. What a team!

Your decision to omit Bruno does make sense to me. A lot. Team is more well balanced now and midfielders may give same amounts of points as Bruno.

I just don’t like Toney that much. And a 6m Goalie is a must in my eyes. Ederson/Alisson can give you clean sheets even in big games.

Here’s my team just for reference:

Ederson (Foster)
TAA Shaw Robertson (White, Duffy)
Salah Gundogan Greenwood Havertz ESR
Watkins DCL (Perica)

Last edited:

Maluco

Holy smokes brother. What a team!

Your decision to omit Bruno does make sense to me. A lot. Team is more well balanced now and midfielders may give same amounts of points as Bruno.

I just don’t like Toney that much. And a 6m Goalie is a must in my eyes. Ederson/Alisson can give you clean sheets even in big games.

Here’s my team just for reference:

Ederson (Foster)
TAA Shaw Robertson (White, Duffy)
Salah Gundogan Greenwood Havertz ESR
Watkins DCL (Perica)
Yeah, I really like that with the 6 million keeper. I also had ESR but took him out because of weeks 2 and 3 to start. Gundogan is an interesting one but I fear he is at his most effective when he is where KDB plays. His goals stopped almost as soon as he returned to the side.

Might take your advice and downgrade Havertz if Lukaku comes in to get in Ederson.

I think that all 7.5 attackers come with question marks over selection and fixtures, but am hoping someone picks up Abraham and that would be an easy choice for me.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Yeah, I really like that with the 6 million keeper. I also had ESR but took him out because of weeks 2 and 3 to start. Gundogan is an interesting one but I fear he is at his most effective when he is where KDB plays. His goals stopped almost as soon as he returned to the side.

Might take your advice and downgrade Havertz if Lukaku comes in to get in Ederson.

I think that all 7.5 attackers come with question marks over selection and fixtures, but am hoping someone picks up Abraham and that would be an easy choice for me.
Yeah honestly the only reason I picked Gundogan is because I think right now during the first few games he’ll be involved in goals until kdb is in full flow and Foden is back from injury.

I also picked ESR and White from now because they’re good bench options to have and I don’t see anyone else as good as them available at those values. I’ll prob swap a player or two after GW1 to ensure I don’t have to play arsenal players during GW2/3.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
My big rival from my mini league is refusing to play this year. Says he can't handle the stress... Now I'm not sure there's much reason for me to play :(

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Might sound like a daft question, but is Grealish more or less tempting as a City player?

On the face of it - more, obviously. But rotation risk, pressure etc.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Might sound like a daft question, but is Grealish more or less tempting as a City player?

Less for me. Certainly until we see where he fits in and how he settles. It's a really annoying transfer in FPL terms as it makes City players and Villa players less tempting. Pep strikes again :rolleyes:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Less. Won't be the main man. Pep roulette. Etc.

If Kane went, he'd be massively worth it.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Less for me. Much better opportunities but they're spread out over several players ... Mahrez, KdB, Sterling, Foden, etc. Unlike Villa where he's focal point

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Anyone has Cavani and/or Sancho? To keep them (despite the fact that they are not even training yet)?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I might make a squad today that I could BB in gw1. How about...

or this

If you use that to bench boost, your arse-cheeks will be flapping in that Brighton v Burnley game and it can all fall down if either team scores.

Just save it until later.

Both teams look good but I would go option 2 as it's less reliant on Chelsea, who have a hugely difficult opening run in.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Would you not wait till a DGW to bench boost?
Meh. It's never that big a deal tbh. Always promises so much and delivers so little. I mean I probably will but it's also the only opportunity to effectively wildcard and BB in the same gw. I've never done it before so considering it to mix things up a bit.

Also it means I wouldn't have to break up my team and/or use my wildcard etc... to plan around a BB on a DGW. I'd still get 11 doublers out but could put more money into the 11 and keep dross on the bench. Last season was a nightmare after the BB with players on my bench continually outscoring players on the pitch.

Dazzmondo

Do you reckon Greenwood is a good pick? I think it's obvious he'll start against Leeds but with Pogba looking increasingly likely to stay I do wonder if he could lose his place

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Meh. It's never that big a deal tbh. Always promises so much and delivers so little. I mean I probably will but it's also the only opportunity to effectively wildcard and BB in the same gw. I've never done it before so considering it to mix things up a bit.

Also it means I wouldn't have to break up my team and/or use my wildcard etc... to plan around a BB on a DGW. I'd still get 11 doublers out but could put more money into the 11 and keep dross on the bench. Last season was a nightmare after the BB with players on my bench continually outscoring players on the pitch.
100% this.

The bench boost as traditionally used in conjunction with a wildcard is severely overrated. It doesn't actually get you that many points, it means you have to alter the composition of your squad, it causes you to either spend transfers or adjust your wildcard to achieve and it reduces flexibility as your bench has to be geared towards the DGW rather than the weeks immediately before/after the DGW (which can often include SGWs that need to be navigated with entirely different players).

I'll happily use the BB in GW1 this year as well, having done it before. It just depends on whether there are cheap enough bench options with decent fixtures whose starts I'm assured of. But I wouldn't be against doing it at some random point in the season if I happen to have a decent bench in a given week either.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
100% this.

The bench boost as traditionally used in conjunction with a wildcard is severely overrated. It doesn't actually get you that many points, it means you have to alter the composition of your squad, it causes you to either spend transfers or adjust your wildcard to achieve and it reduces flexibility as your bench has to be geared towards the DGW rather than the weeks immediately before/after the DGW (which can often include SGWs that need to be navigated with entirely different players).

I'll happily use the BB in GW1 this year as well, having done it before. It just depends on whether there are cheap enough bench options with decent fixtures whose starts I'm assured of. But I wouldn't be against doing it at some random point in the season if I happen to have a decent bench in a given week either.
Yeah I'm inclined to this way of thinking now. Had plenty of weeks last season when I'd have killed for a BB chip so I'm not basing the use of that around the doubles any more.

The better argument for not using it GW1 is we don't really know who's gonna start with many not even featuring in pre season yet.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
100% this.

Normally I would agree but last season I used it when United had that TGW and ended up with a bench that gave me like 30 points.

Go for it. Let us know how you get on

Schneiderman

Agree with less. But on the other hand surely Pep has to play their new shiny 100 million pound signing in most games?

He could even go for some false nine madness.

Maluco

I might make a squad today that I could BB in gw1. How about...

or this

Don’t do it!

There will be surprises on the first day lineups. Injuries, quarantines, fitness issues etc… that we won’t know until teams are announced.

You could find that 2-3 of your first team aren’t starting and suddenly you are using two of your bench players anyway.

It might only get you 10 points otherwise, but there is a very high chance that it’s at least a partly wasted chip on the first day. There is too much we don’t know!

Pickle85

The next couple of weeks' transfers are definitely going to make me rethink my team significantly. Already doubting Watkins now that Ings has signed and am going to switch Havertz out when Lukaku gets here. Sigh.

Adcuth

Ings to villa, could be a few points from him when they have decent fixtures

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Watkins is out for me. Ineacho is out as well. Already have Toney and Antonio. I don’t have 0.5 to upgrade to DCL so I might switch to a 4.5 burner and use that £3m in midfield.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ings to villa, could be a few points from him when they have decent fixtures
It's a big signing as Watkins now isn't the man in the middle of a 3.
Unclear if it means he moves to the left or whether they change tactics and go 4-4-2

The next couple of weeks' transfers are definitely going to make me rethink my team significantly. Already doubting Watkins now that Ings has signed and am going to switch Havertz out when Lukaku gets here. Sigh.
Hard to keep up?

Maybe they're playing true 442 or 532? But likely to have an impact on Watkins FF points as will be sharing the goals?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lukaku for Chelsea would be hard to ignore. But will they get it done for the first game?

He'd make a good place holder for Kane if he does engineer a move.

However both will be or already are expensive so if neither are in place for the first game do you keep a few mill in the bank in readiness?

Schneiderman

That's Watkins out Buendia in for me. Villa looking like they could be a rotation headache now.