Fantasy Premier League 21/22

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Any less than 9 playing it’s time to use that free hit. Been taking hits all over the shop to patch up my team for the past few gws. It’s quickly losing its appeal.
Nah, don't think so. If you have 8 players this week, which extra three players are FHers going to have who'll do so much damage as to justify the FH? Especially given they have zero guarantee they won't be in the exact same position or worse next GW when their team reverts back to what it is now.

If you're down to five or so players or whatever maybe. But with 8-10 I'd just save the chip as you'll be fine this week given how many are in the same boat.

Spurs being out might lose some people extra players, but it also robs FHers of a team they would have doubled or tripled on this week.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If Spurs v Palace is off I will only have 9 players but still doesn’t feel worth it to grab a free hit with rest of fixtures looking mediocre. Still feel Son in for Salah is a decent move as it will need to be done soon for Spurs doubles + AFCON.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Why would you transfer Salah out. If you got him in at 12.5, he's now 13.1. For a mere 2 or 3 gameweeks I don't see the value.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Why would you transfer Salah out. If you got him in at 12.5, he's now 13.1. For a mere 2 or 3 gameweeks I don't see the value.
You’d get 12.8 if you sell? So if you did now (and gambled he didn’t hammer Leicester or Chelsea), it’s £0.3m hit but you could have another top player for a few weeks who could make that amount look well worth it.

Could.

suheilsworld

I’m thinking either Mount + CR or Bowen + CR for Salah + Antonio

Still have a WC to play before the next GW transfer deadline, so can bring in Salah again for Leicester and Chelsea

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
As far as I'm aware, if Egypt get to the semi-finals of AFCON then Salah is facing at least three and possibly four blanks in his next six games, with one of the two games he does definitely play being against Chelsea. And one of those blank is likely a DGW for Liverpool, so effectively two blanks in one.

I don't seen the value in not ditching one of the most expensive players in the game in those circumstances. And his value will drop a lot in the coming weeks for that reason.

Moby

Dick
I sold him for 12.8 and he's already down to 13.0. Suspect he'll fall once more at least. A mere 0.1 extra needed likely in the end.

clonsolar

As far as I'm aware, if Egypt get to the semi-finals of AFCON then Salah is facing at least three and possibly four blanks in his next six games, with one of the two games he does definitely play being against Chelsea. And one of those blank is likely a DGW for Liverpool, so effectively two blanks in one.

I don't seen the value in not ditching one of the most expensive players in the game in those circumstances. And his value will drop a lot in the coming weeks for that reason.
Listen to this advice. Makes sense to ditch Salah for 3-4 GW's. Prioritise points over TV.

Sarni

He has already dropped to 13.0 and will drop at least one more time. Actually I’d expect him to drop to 12.8 by the time AFCON is done.

Patchbeard

He has already dropped to 13.0 and will drop at least one more time. Actually I’d expect him to drop to 12.8 by the time AFCON is done.
I reckon he'll drop a lot more, a lot of casual players will jump off the bandwagon if the AFCON goes ahead.

Sarni

I reckon he'll drop a lot more, a lot of casual players will jump off the bandwagon if the AFCON goes ahead.
Won’t be surprised if I end up making profit having sold him for 12.8.

Dan_F

How has Salah dropped already, who are these psychos that are still making transfers long before the deadline.

Dan_F

Maybe because he won't be available for few weeks due to AFCON.
Yeah I know, but why would you make that transfer days before the deadline. The person you bring in could end up having their game called off, which is actually a possibility as I’d imagine most bought in Son.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Because he's a guaranteed 0 this week and has a guaranteed 0 for 2 games at afcon, possibly 3 games.
Throw in Chelsea away too and you could be tying up 13m for 5 game weeks for the promise of one Leicester game and very likely blanks in the rest.

DickDastardly

No doubt that's a mere formality and if anything will uncover more cases.
Wouldn't be surprised if the other games reveal similar as you wouldn't expect much action on Christmas day.

Yeah, i highly doubt they're going to make the players go test for Covid on Christmas.

It's all a bit fecked for us, but hopefully every single player comes out with their health undamaged after all this.

Name of the game this seasons fantasy is - bin the plan, act as late as you can.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'd probably pick the player whose game isn't off...
Spurs game has had some rumours about being called off but even without it I'd go Ron. Fresh and rested vs Newcastle. Son is good but palace aren't pushovers and have been good at the back. I'll get son next GW.
My bad, I meant longer term. I can't fit both in as my money is too thinly spread.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is a right mess, might just bite the bullet and save the free hits for the bumper weeks.
It's tough to judge.
If you end up with 4 players this week you might be able to get 35/40 points extra from a full side. Especially as you can bring a quality captain in.

Whereas a double, especially the double for all teams maybe week 22 you already have everyone playing or at least have a lot of them.
And you do have 2 free hits too.

All depends on what games go today really.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's some guy with 20k followers now saying unless Palace get new positives today the spurs game is still on.

All seems mad uncertainty.

I'm off for a run.
See What's what in a couple of hours for a potentially mad thrash around at 1pm!

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
That Palace 'correspondent' got some grief last night and Spurs fans/correspondents still think on.

Hear Palace players testing again this morning. If PL are going to say every team has to have clear tests on the morning of games, it's going to be a farce.. it's fine when two teams are both from London but do that with Palace v Newc and you're costing fans a fortune

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Odd. Why would they believe game off? Either they were told by PL or weren't.

Think that guys been backtracking a fair bit. First he announced it was off, then later on the language changed to 'set to be off', 'very likely to be off' etc. Bit of a mess but sounds like he jumped the gun in the hope he was first with the scoop

DickDastardly

Anyone got a good free hit template for the games today?

Let's say Spurs are off.

Leaves us with City, Arse, West ham and Chelsea.

3 players from City Chelsea arsenal and 2 from wh?

Captain who? Cancelo?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Havn't a notion what to do either. Really need Son or Ronaldo this week but I can't really do that without losing Salah which I don't want to do with them having Leicester up next. Have doubts around whether Foden and ESR will start and still stuck with Antonio. Edging towards using the free hit to try and protect the rank a bit