Fantasy Premier League 21/22

RedDevil@84

Whats the general consensus on the best time to use this next wild card?
Whenever you feel like throwing it away. You can play any chips you want, but at the end of the day, everything seems to be down to dumb luck.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Whats the general consensus on the best time to use this next wild card? Feel like freshening my squad up very soon. Sick of the sight of a few of them.
A week before whenever the gigantic DGW is in preparation of bench boost.

My plan is to do hits galore whenever there are DGWs. Villa-Leeds potentially have a DGW this week so eyeing several players from there.

Moby

Dick
A week before whenever the gigantic DGW is in preparation of bench boost.

My plan is to do hits galore whenever there are DGWs. Villa-Leeds potentially have a DGW this week so eyeing several players from there.
Same as you. I have all 5 chips in hand so I need to use 5 chips in 16 GWs. WC will be around 28 I think because there is a bit of fixture swing and hopefully postponements would have died down.

If there comes along a good dgw/bgw I'll FH it otherwise just taking hits. I got a healthy green arrow after a -12 last GW. Need to attack these small dgws and possibly more hits are gonna reap higher ROI.

Nickosaur

Could do with one of Moura, Davies or Maddison not playing tonight to get my 9 Gallagher points off the bench...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Could do with one of Moura, Davies or Maddison not playing tonight to get my 9 Gallagher points off the bench...
Davies is your best bet there.

Pathetic 5 points from 3 last night (Maupay, Cucurella and Mount). Doesn't look like I'll be making 100 unless Bruno bags again. Mount can feck right off out of my team regardless of any doubles come Friday.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I am all for Moura not playing or even better Reguilon. Got 11 from Cancelo on my bench which would come very handy in what is my worst week of the season (45 with only Sancho, Reguilon and Moura to go). Also, Cancelo would have 100% been in my first team if I knew King, Moura and Reguilon wouldn’t have doubles.

I probably need 2-3 transfers to sort out my squad. Too much deadwood like Rudiger, Sancho, Maupay.

Moby

Dick
Wonder if he was like us...damn United have just conceded, costs us the cleanie...then he thinks, oh wait,...I'm directly responsible for it!
The best part is he's actually heavily invested in it like the rest of us. :lol:

Having himself in the team and the losing the said CS himself. Amazing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Whats the general consensus on the best time to use this next wild card? Feel like freshening my squad up very soon. Sick of the sight of a few of them.
Depends on your BB plans I guess. If you want to use the WC to set the BB up then later in the season would seem to make sense as I wouldn't BB at the moment.

If you've already used your BB (as I have) or don't plan to set it up with a WC then using the wildcard in the next few weeks is possibly an option depending on your team and how/when DGWs fall. For example this week you could jump on Villa/Leeds/City players and ditch any Chelsea players you have, in subsequent weeks you'll be able to jump on returning AFCON players (Salah and Cornet most notably), etc. But either way you still need DGW clarity first.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He’s blinkered, chases dgws and sometimes seems to ignore form, fixtures (and despite talking about loads of it)… news on players.

Keeps Salah for ages then bins him now? If Egypt lose next match, Salah is on way back. Using funds was right call but it was right call last week and week before.

Trossard got 19 in last 7 games. He’s just picked a DGW and used a -4. And “if he’d scored his chance” Dirty… we could say that for everything.

Hes an experienced player so doesn’t make awful mistakes but his spreadsheets and fixture info are all I’ll take from him. Meanwhile, I’ll keep tweeting him about his mistakes… it winds him up :)
I think you are confusing his gimmick and status as being the go-to guy in the FPL community for fixture conjecture, with his ability as an FPL manager.

He hasn't finished outside of top 50k since 2010/11, and has been in the top 10k for four of the last six seasons. My best finish is better than his, but that consistency is very impressive and I wish I was consistently up there.

Premier Fantasy Tools has him ranked 49th in their hall of fame, Fantasy Football Scout 46th at the start of this season and FPL Research 165th. He's not quite Fabio Borges, Finn Sollie or Tom Stephenson, but he's pretty darn good.

Where are you in these standings?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The best part is he's actually heavily invested in it like the rest of us. :lol:

Having himself in the team and the losing the said CS himself. Amazing.
"Luke you clown, you've just cost me the cleany"

Imagine that in the dressing room. :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
"Luke you clown, you've just cost me the cleany"

Imagine that in the dressing room. :lol:
Luke "Sorry cap, I cost us the match and made securing top 4 even harder"
Maguire "feck that you prick with hips... you cost me 4 point on FPL :mad: "

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I think you are confusing his gimmick and status as being the go-to guy in the FPL community for fixture conjecture, with his ability as an FPL manager.

He hasn't finished outside of top 50k since 2010/11, and has been in the top 10k for four of the last six seasons. My best finish is better than his, but that consistency is very impressive and I wish I was consistently up there.

Premier Fantasy Tools has him ranked 49th in their hall of fame, Fantasy Football Scout 46th at the start of this season and FPL Research 165th. He's not quite Fabio Borges, Finn Sollie or Tom Stephenson, but he's pretty darn good.

Where are you in these standings?
Feck me, that’s me well and truly told?

(Note to self, no ’opinion’ comments. Fully researched ones only… or else).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Luke "Sorry cap, I cost us the match and made securing top 4 even harder"
Maguire "feck that you prick with hips... you cost me 4 point on FPL :mad: "
I can only assume some of his defending this season and in that 6-1 v Tottenham was because he didn't have a United defender those days and his superleague mates did?

Can be the only explanation, as one of those goals v Tott he literally shoved Shaw over.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Feck me, that’s me well and truly told?

(Note to self, no ’opinion’ comments. Fully researched ones only… or else).
Hah. There's lots of data on the performance of FPL managers longer term, so you can generally check whether someone has the track record to at least be worth listening to. I get what you meant, but I think it is more others overstating the value of Ben Crellin's conjectures, rather than himself not being able to back up his lofty status.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Ben Crellin never really gives much of an insight into how he picks his transfers doesn he? I know he has a planner spreadsheet for them so that leads me to believe he's quite rigid in his picks. Do we think he's an XG zealot or more of an eye test kinda guy?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ben Crellin never really gives much of an insight into how he picks his transfers doesn he? I know he has a planner spreadsheet for them so that leads me to believe he's quite rigid in his picks. Do we think he's an XG zealot or more of an eye test kinda guy?
xG for sure.