Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Burnley are digging their own grave with these postponements. They must be hoping they get a new 9 and Cornet back from AFCON before they have to play again.

RedDevil@84

He has just won the #BEST award at the FIFA awards ceremony and has said

“Now, it’s up to me to turn this award into extra fuel and motivation to help achieving all our goals at Man. United for this season,"

So looks like he ll be throwing that award on to the heads of a few folks in training to motivate them.

ROFLUTION

Good for spreadsheets, terrible decisions. No idea how he’s top 100k as every choice I see from h8m looks average at best

I dont disagree, but you can get quite far with having template players every week and not falling behind from the start. My own team is very similar and I'm around 70k.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good for spreadsheets, terrible decisions. No idea how he’s top 100k as every choice I see from h8m looks average at best

This week's calls are only terrible with hindsight though.

If Ronaldo plays the double and scores, it's genius. Trossard more on the punt side, but that team he's fielded was strong on paper for sure.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

If Ronaldo plays the double and scores, it's genius. Trossard more on the punt side, but that team he's fielded was strong on paper for sure.
Also Trossard was nearly a hit, just missed his one-on-one.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Still so much of Leeds play goes through Raph. By far their best player, and on all set pieces and pens. Probably gonna be a season keeper for me at this rate
Same here. Have kept him in all season. I think the difference is others in that price range will come in and out of form, but he'll maintain some output even when he or Leeds go off the boil.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah, very harsh to call him terrible at decisions. Nothing wrong with either of those moves on paper before this week started. He obviously went with what Ralf said in his presser about Ronaldo being fit and got burnt. I hadn't seen that but had seen reports of him finishing the session early so went with Bruno for safety (and also because it's an easier 1 shot route back to Salah).

Anyway, the week isn't over so nothing to say Ronaldo doesn't bag a few tomorrow night and likewise Trossard tonight.

Going forward for me since I've wildcarded and used my BB at the start of the season I will be trying to focus on keeping a core of

DDG (although I already miss my Sa)
TAA Cancelo ???
Bowen Salah Foden Jota ???
Dennis ???

with the '???' players being switched in to accommodate potential doublers. In a way it's quite nice to have that BB gone as I know from experience it can lead to far too much focus on the dgw's and cause you to rip up a very decent team in the weeks before or after (depending on when you use your wildcard). I'm hoping that people focus too much on dross from Burnley and miss out on just keeping those players who routinely haul in single game weeks .... I've seen loads bench or remove Cancelo this week for example. I just don't think there's ever a reason to remove him or Trent unless they're injured.

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

He’s blinkered, chases dgws and sometimes seems to ignore form, fixtures (and despite talking about loads of it)… news on players.

Keeps Salah for ages then bins him now? If Egypt lose next match, Salah is on way back. Using funds was right call but it was right call last week and week before.

Trossard got 19 in last 7 games. He’s just picked a DGW and used a -4. And “if he’d scored his chance” Dirty… we could say that for everything.

Hes an experienced player so doesn’t make awful mistakes but his spreadsheets and fixture info are all I’ll take from him. Meanwhile, I’ll keep tweeting him about his mistakes… it winds him up :)

Yeah, very harsh to call him terrible at decisions. Nothing wrong with either of those moves on paper before this week started. He obviously went with what Ralf said in his presser about Ronaldo being fit and got burnt. I hadn't seen that but had seen reports of him finishing the session early so went with Bruno for safety (and also because it's an easier 1 shot route back to Salah).

Anyway, the week isn't over so nothing to say Ronaldo doesn't bag a few tomorrow night and likewise Trossard tonight.

Going forward for me since I've wildcarded and used my BB at the start of the season I will be trying to focus on keeping a core of

DDG (although I already miss my Sa)
TAA Cancelo ???
Bowen Salah Foden Jota ???
Dennis ???

with the '???' players being switched in to accommodate potential doublers. In a way it's quite nice to have that BB gone as I know from experience it can lead to far too much focus on the dgw's and cause you to rip up a very decent team in the weeks before or after (depending on when you use your wildcard). I'm hoping that people focus too much on dross from Burnley and miss out on just keeping those players who routinely haul in single game weeks .... I've seen loads bench or remove Cancelo this week for example. I just don't think there's ever a reason to remove him or Trent unless they're injured.
Wolves defender? (if you can live with the City fixture)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He’s blinkered, chases dgws and sometimes seems to ignore form, fixtures (and despite talking about loads of it)… news on players.

Keeps Salah for ages then bins him now? If Egypt lose next match, Salah is on way back. Using funds was right call but it was right call last week and week before.

Trossard got 19 in last 7 games. He’s just picked a DGW and used a -4. And “if he’d scored his chance” Dirty… we could say that for everything.

Hes an experienced player so doesn’t make awful mistakes but his spreadsheets and fixture info are all I’ll take from him. Meanwhile, I’ll keep tweeting him about his mistakes… it winds him up :)
This is true and part and parcel of FPL I guess.

I only follow Ben for his spread sheets... in terms of selections, I only ask advice here and then rant about it later :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Wolves defender? (if you can live with the City fixture)
Yeah I will get one of them in for sure. That was part of my justification for removing Sa as well. I might as well keep Lowton as my permo 5th defender and try and slot him in when Burnley decide they fancy playing. Cash is in for hopefully a Villa double in 23/24. Cucurella was in for the double this week. Either of them can become one of Kilman, Coady, Ait-Nouri or Saiss. I'd be happy to double up on them in a double gw as well.

Moby

Dick

I think he's only followed for his fixture analysis and documentation which is useful. I don't think he's known to be an elite FPL player or anything, I'm not sure what's his rank history. Sub-100k is still pretty good.

I think he's only followed for his fixture analysis and documentation which is useful. I don't think he's known to be an elite FPL player or anything, I'm not sure what's his rank history. Sub-100k is still pretty good.
I recognise it’s probably an irrational dislike.. sometimes, for the smallest things, I just don’t take to people. (Rare t.b.f as I’m easy going as a rule)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I don't follow him for decisions by any means.
His double week obsessions is like the guy top of my work league who usually finishes about 7-10th.

He could field an 11 ok, yet still insisted on taking a -4, and took our Ronaldo, Kane, Cancelo, TAA, Jota, Bowen and Antonio.

He did have Bruno as cap which is the one thing that has rescued his week, as well as KDB, but Cancelo hit the same points as him.
But he tripled up on Brighton, has double Watford strike force (now a bust) and Mount didn't play, double United defence and Chelsea conceded too.

SteveCoppellFan

I have Bruno as captain but i also have Ronaldo.

Many players have Ronaldo as captain so do I want Ronaldo to play vrs Brentford ?

I have Antonio waiting on the bench with his 4 points.

Im third in my league and top spot has Bruno ( c ) but no Ronaldo but overall Ronaldo blanking would hurt a huge amount of players and help the overall rank.

Moby

Dick
Can already see Welbeck ruining my Alonso CS. Brighton is the biggest pain in the ass as a team for FPL. Don't have a single consistent asset but ruin every asset who plays against them.