Fantasy Premier League 21/22

ROFLUTION

Smashed it at championship. People hoping he can bring that form to premier League. Also on pens.
Just seen a compilation of all his goals last season. Sweet lord, the level of defending is on another planet :eek: He'll be the hipsterforward this year

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just seen a compilation of all his goals last season. Sweet lord, the level of defending is on another planet :eek: He'll be the hipsterforward this year
There were spells last season where he didn't score... I think he'll be on though.

GledTheRed

No he's not! Bernardo Silva plays RW for Portugal. He played both games in the AM role.
Looked like he was playing right of the three in midfield last night, he was chasing the winger and generally looking shit and out of position.

Pretty sure Portugal don't play with a number 10.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Looked like he was playing right of the three in midfield last night, he was chasing the winger and generally looking shit and out of position.

Pretty sure Portugal don't play with a number 10.
He did come on as a sub with 20 minutes to go and replaced Bernardo Silva last night and played on the right. But he played from the start in both games in the AM role.

Silva Fernandes Jota
Ronaldo​
That was the line-up and he was garbage in both games. Mourinho called him invisible in each game.

GledTheRed

He did come on as a sub with 20 minutes to go and replaced Bernardo Silva last night and played on the right. But he played from the start in both games in the AM role.

Silva Fernandes Jota
Ronaldo​
That was the line-up and he was garbage in both games. Mourinho called him invisible in each game.
I thought Portugal played 4-3-3?

Mourinho bad mouths all United players it keep his name in the papers the washed up useless cnut.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
They could have upped the transfer funds to 105m and I’d still have found this difficult.

This will be difficult to have a decent team but I enjoy a challenge.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Waiting on Kane. If he goes to City, he is my no1. If he stays then i will go with Cavani and one more top midfielder

Pickle85

Most recent draft here. Little concerned at the lack of city and wondering whether Werner is crazy. Any thoughts?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Got my first and second draft. Small changes. Any advice?

Draft 1:

Sanchez
TAA, Dias, Coufal
Salah, Bruno, Buendia, Raphinha
DCL, Iheanacho, Toney

Subs: Foster, White, Fofana, Bissouma

Draft 2:

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, Digne
DCL, Iheanacho, Toney

Draft 2 on paper looks better but my issues with it are:

- Shaw may be rested after bringing football home

- Everton have new manager and also they concede a lot so is Digne worth it?

- Man City had the best defense last year and Dias is as nailed as they get in that team.

- Draft 1 gives me more flexibility as the funds are spread better in defense.

Thoughts?

Pickle85

Draft 1:

Sanchez
TAA, Dias, Coufal
DCL, Iheanacho, Toney

Draft 2:

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, Digne
DCL, Iheanacho, Toney

- Man City had the best defense last year and Dias is as nailed as they get in that team.

Thoughts?
Draft 1 looks a safer bet to me. Both look good though. One player I reckon you could upgrade would be DCL. He is so streaky and reckon will struggle this season.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Draft 1 looks a safer bet to me. Both look good though. One player I reckon you could upgrade would be DCL. He is so streaky and reckon will struggle this season.
I agree with DCL but those Everton fixtures at the start are great and then he's an easy downgrade to most mid price strikers like Antonio or Bamford.

Paul_Scholes18

Draft 1:

Sanchez
TAA, Dias, Coufal
DCL, Iheanacho, Toney

Draft 2:

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, Digne
DCL, Iheanacho, Toney

Thoughts?
Draft two more sexy. I would wait and see how much Pep rotates before jumping on them. Also hard fixtures to start with even if there is a few nice ones.

Dias is not scoring much so will mostly get 6 pointers and bonus at times. I rather have him than Ederson, but when City got hard fixtures they will score similar amounts. Stones if he gets a run in the team might be a better pick too.

Cancelo the sexier pick if you have a strong bench. Digne might be a problem though. You could go Coufal and Shaw and save 0.5 to uppgrade the bench.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
To all Shaw pickers, note that we had a terrible defence last year and it really was only our attacking play which bailed us out. Shaw will have excellent attacking returns I agree.

However, unless we get the defence sorted, sure Shaw will be less attractive to me because he won't get clean sheet points. So I've put him in reserve and to watch list

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
To all Shaw pickers, note that we had a terrible defence last year and it really was only our attacking play which bailed us out. Shaw will have excellent attacking returns I agree.

However, unless we get the defence sorted, sure Shaw will be less attractive to me because he won't get clean sheet points. So I've put him in reserve and to watch list
Yes. Towards the back end of the season, he just kept getting 2 pointers.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I agree with DCL but those Everton fixtures at the start are great and then he's an easy downgrade to most mid price strikers like Antonio or Bamford.
I'm not sure they're as great as they look tbh. Southampton home is obviously a good start but Leeds and Brighton away don't scream goals to me. Also Benitez being in charge is a step backwards in terms of attacking output from Ancelloti surely? I'm gonna stay away from Everton early doors I think. Currently on a Watkins, Antonio and Iheanacho front 3 but eyeing up Cavani too.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm not sure they're as great as they look tbh. Southampton home is obviously a good start but Leeds and Brighton away don't scream goals to me. Also Benitez being in charge is a step backwards in terms of attacking output from Ancelloti surely? I'm gonna stay away from Everton early doors I think. Currently on a Watkins, Antonio and Iheanacho front 3 but eyeing up Cavani too.
Didn't even consider the Benitez facht. Might have to reconsider...

hubbuh

I guess people are working on the assumption that we bring in a CB and/or a DM. Sancho should also mean we pin teams down more, increasing Shaw's chances of assist/score bonuses and decreasing how much time we spend defending as a team (meaning in theory we should concede less). Early indications point to us being a more rounded and balanced team next year, with Shaw likely one of our best performers. At 5.5, he's a no brainer for me.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Cavani, Dlc and Watkins for me. But seems weird going in season without Kane.....i do hope that he will not go to City. Then i will need to change half of team
:lol::confused::lol:
How are We going to do that because I am in the same position with Kane.. If he goes to City then they will score endless goals.. But i have Stones for now so am happy

Thunderhead

Supports
City
first draft, will be nothing like this come GW1, was just to get an idea on prices, will see nearer the time who the 3 bargain prices are for defence, midfield and up top.

Certainly going to limit my City players as too much rotation, might just have the 5 defenders as wing backs

Dubravka
Wan-Bissaka
Cresswell
Shaw
Salah
Buendía
Soucek
Fernandes
Bamford
Toney
Calvert-Lewin
Meslier
Mitchell
Dallas
Lamptey

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
:lol::confused::lol:
How are We going to do that because I am in the same position with Kane.. If he goes to City then they will score endless goals.. But i have Stones for now so am happy
Kane is just too expensive (while he is at Spurs under Santo). For me it was Cavani/Dlc/Raphinha or Kane, Pukki and Bissouma. So 3 players who WILL deliver often or superstar with two players who just add depth (more or less).
But if he goes to City....he will break all FPL records

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Draft 1:

Sanchez
TAA, Dias, Coufal
DCL, Iheanacho, Toney

Draft 2:

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, Digne
DCL, Iheanacho, Toney

Thoughts?
Given he didn’t bring it home, does he still get a rest?

Looking at those teams, looks like its a bit harder this season?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Given he didn’t bring it home, does he still get a rest?

Looking at those teams, looks like its a bit harder this season?
I think Shaw may get a rest, you are correct, which is why I'm having a Brighton defender on the bench, who have decent fixtures at the start.

This year, you can only realistically have about 3 premiums. Most will go with TAA, Salah and Bruno I feel. I think these are a good shout. It gives lot of flex if you need to move things around.

Raphinha is an absolute no brainer, he's so under priced it's criminal.

Sanchez is the stand out 4.5 keeper, no competition there.

I think we'll see very similar teams this year, not so much in personal but moreso in structure (Sanchez, 1 premium defender and Shaw, 2 premium mids and Raphinha and 3 mid price strikers).

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
What's the draft ?
Tried it for the first time last season. Enjoyed it as I did it with 3 of my friends.

It’s basically like a proper draft system where only one team can have each player. So only one of us can have Bruno, one of us can get Salah etc etc.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Tried it for the first time last season. Enjoyed it as I did it with 3 of my friends.

It’s basically like a proper draft system where only one team can have each player. So only one of us can have Bruno, one of us can get Salah etc etc.
Ah OK.
That sounds like alot of work

Mcking

What about a redcafe FPL draft? Would make sense for those that frequent this group who are interested.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
What about a redcafe FPL draft? Would make sense for those that frequent this group who are interested.
You need to set a date/time and all be on OR make picks beforehand (and if not on, draft will select your top remaining pick) OR not do any picks and draft will pick 'best' remaining player (in its mind)

Or that's what happened in last few years I've been involved in

paulscholes18

Sanchez
Shaw Coufal White
Bruno Salah Grealish Bowen
Iheanacho Cavani Watkins
Steel, Manquillo, Coady, Olise

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
Henderson

Tierney Zinchenko Fofana

Fernandes DeBruyne Havertz Gilmour

Toney Kane Pukki​

Leonzo1

Question. If I get Grealish now for 8.0 and he goes to City and is rebranded as 9.5 or something what happens then? Or is his price fixed at 8.0 no matter where he plays? Same goes for Kane.