Fantasy Premier League 21/22

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Willock is v popular but I cant find a place for him in this GW ahead of Raphina, Salah, Coutinho. And I dont know if I like Chelsea as an opposition as part of his DGW in 29.

Thinking of passing on him but worried, I see him in a lot of teams!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Played Wildcard at 1am while forcing my eyes open, went to sleep, woke up, don’t like my team :nervous:

Dubravka (Ramsdale)
T.Silva - Rudiger - Livramento - Coady (TAA)
Salah - Willock - Raphinha (Saka - Kulusevski)
Watkins - Kane - Broja

I don’t like Willock and Watkins. In a Wildcard I want to at least like my players.

I stupidly removed Coutinho, who was in my original team at 7.1, now he’s 7.4.

Any thought please?
Take out Watkins and that's a fine team.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
@Dirty Schwein i see that you've gone with Jimenez. I was put off by their attack and they've scored almost as few as Burnley but checking Jimenez vs small teams at home isn't too had. That's pretty much the only time he's done anything. Do you think he's nailed to start?

I can bench Fraser and go

Sa
Rudiger James Silva
Salah Coutinho Raphinha Willock
Jimenez Broja Adams
I only went Jimi based on their being no other good options.

He's more nailed then Watkins/Ings

Don't expect more than 9 ponies though.

Moby

Dick
I only went Jimi based on their being no other good options.

He's more nailed then Watkins/Ings

Don't expect more than 9 ponies though.
I've added him to my free hit but not sure.

Going 3 Chelsea at the back leaves no room for mount or kai. So other options in midfield are then JWP etc which aren't great.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Think I've cracked this with only a couple of slight sacrifices.

@Samid @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Dirty Schwein @Dan_F @Moby @Cutch how does this look.

WC Week 28 - 8 doubles plus big boys TAA/Salah/Kane. Only question is captain. Salah seems safest even with a single.
Dubravaka (Ramsdale)
TAA Rudiger Silva (Holgate Dier)
Salah Willock Raphinha Ramsay (Saka)
Kane, Jiminez, Adams

BB Week 29
9 of the above double, with 4 of the singlers having great fixtures 2 Chelsea Home v Newc, Raph home to Norwich, Adams home to Watford

Week 30
7 playing

Gets the bench boost done close to the wildcard, which is always my preference, and saves the FHs ideally for weeks 36 (certain), and either 33 or 30 if needs be, although a hit or 2might be enough there.

Had quite a few smashes at this, and it was only when seeing a triple Top 200 finisher was going with the same strategy I realised I couldn't see any advantage of FH versus wildcard this week.
Looks decent but Rudiger and Silva is very boring and low ceiling. I'd squeeze in James somehow.

Moby

Dick
Really struggling between T.Silva vs. Digne

Silva in better team but Digne plays GW30.
I have benched Digne because he has very less cs potential when you have good defenders like Wolves and Chelsea. Also vs Leeds he will be against raphinha so I don't see him attacking much. Listened to some villa guy who was saying the formation that beat Brighton had Digne and cash less attacking because they were getting wrecked at the back. Instead Ramsey and McGinn were going forward more. He has attacking potential but we know it never really comes when you want it.

Moby

Dick
Looks decent but Rudiger and Silva is very boring and low ceiling. I'd squeeze in James somehow.
Yeah with the news of azpi getting out James should at least start vs Burnley. For WC he will be in for me because long term you won't be able to go without him if he keeps starting.

IrishRedDevil

Decent side! V close to mine, I have Jiminez for now as Wolves fixtures are good, but I find him v quiet in games. Unsure on him.

I must have changed my team 10 times in the past day!
Take out Watkins and that's a fine team.
Thanks fellas

I’ll do Watkins to Jimenez.

Then maybe Coady to Digne for some Villa cover?

I’m struggling to ignore Wolves and Southampton double though, that’s why I have Coady and Livramento starting, ahead of TAA. Never learn when it comes to chasing doubles.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You can do this:

GW28 (WC)
Dubravka
Rudiger
, T.Silva, TAA
Salah, Raphinha, Willock, Ramsey
Broja
, Kane, Jimenez

Subs: Ramsdale, Tierney, Cancelo, Saka

0.6 in the bank. 8 DGW players.

GW29 (BB) - (don't make transfer)
Ramsdale
Rudiger, Tierney, T.Silva, TAA
Salah
, Willock, Saka, Raphinha
Broja, Kane

Bench: Dubravka (Che/Eve), Cancelo (C.Pal), Ramsey (W.Ham), Jimenez (Eve)

8 DGW players and now you have 2 FT's going into...

GW30 (2 transfers)
Ramsdale
Tierney, Cresswell, Rudiger
Saka, Raphinha, Ramsey, Son, Willock
Kane, Jimenez

Bench: Dubravka, Cancelo, TAA, Broja

(Salah, T.Silva out for Son, Cresswell)

9 starters.

You still have 2xFH left.

You can even save your BB for GW36, use your FH on that weird DGW/BGW in GW33 and have the other one left over for a rainy day...

Don't forget to bring back Salah for Son the following week!

What do you think?
You must have more team value than me as for taking 1.5m off Adams to Broja you could afford Tierney and Cancelo to my Holgate 4.2m and Dier 4.6m.
So you must have had another 1.5m or so to play with.

Never mind I clicked the button and all done.

Makes me laugh the keenness to keep Cancelo then not field him for 3 weeks though.

Dan_F

I’m on WC and I can’t understand why so many fellow WC’ers have Raphina in their team. I’ve had him for a long time and though this was a good chance to dump him because but he’s been average at best for the last 5-10GW’s.

Any intel I’m missing?Leeds are playing Leicester and Villa too..
Yeah he is still a bit of a punt. I’ve seen some have him has captain which is just plain mental.

Not that I’ve got a better idea for captain. Keep switching between Kane and James.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Changed my plan a little and I'm set.

Posting in here so I can refer back to it later :lol:

GW28 (WC)
Dubravka
Rudiger
, T.Silva, TAA
Salah, Raphinha, Willock, Ramsey
Broja
, Kane, Jimenez

Subs: Ramsdale, Tierney, Davies, Saka

2.8 in the bank. 8 DGW players.

GW29 - (don't make transfer)
Ramsdale
Rudiger, Tierney, T.Silva, TAA, Davies
Salah
, Willock, Saka, Raphinha
Kane

Bench: Dubravka, Broja, Ramsey, Jimenez

8 DGW players and now have 2 FT's going into...

GW30 (3 transfers for a hit)
Ramsdale
Tierney, Cresswell, Davies
Saka, Raphinha, Ramsey, Son, Maddison
Kane, Jimenez

Bench: Dubravka, Rudiger, TAA, Broja

(Salah, T.Silva & Willock out for Son, Cresswell & Maddison)

11 starters. £1.9 in the bank to swap Cresswell back to Cancelo later.

Still have 2xFH & BB left.

I think I'm going to go with this.
Beautiful.
Only thing I don't like is Broja instead of Adams. But it allows you Tierney when I have 4.2m Holgate.
Although Holgate has a double he doesn't play week 30 and always chance of attacking gains (although also injuries with him!!).

Flex on bb in 29 too.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Sa (Foster)
TAA Coady James Livramento (White)
Mount Salah Raphinha (Ramsey) (Saka)
Broja Jimenez Kane

Have to take a few risks as I’m behind in my main league thoughts?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yeah with the news of azpi getting out James should at least start vs Burnley. For WC he will be in for me because long term you won't be able to go without him if he keeps starting.
Think he starts both this GW and then potentially gets benched next GW before the CL. I don't mind the odd benching because his upside is far greater than Rudiger/Silva.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Happy with my WC team and strategy but just had a few niggles

1. Salah cap. No Couty and can't trust Adams, Jiminez, Willock, Rudiger, Silva, Dubravka, Raph as cap, even if one of them is bound to outscored Salah.
  2. Adams over Broja. Bar price I can't see any reason to go for Broja. Adams outscored him recently. But switching to Broja could help me bump Holgate to Tierney if the money works.
  3. No Wolves defender. But have 2 Chelsea, Newcastle keeper and TAA

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think he starts both this GW and then potentially gets benched next GW before the CL. I don't mind the odd benching because his upside is far greater than Rudiger/Silva.
Burnley feels the sort of game Rudiger or Silva could settle with a thunder header.

Cantonaaa!

New manager bounce plus has a fixture in GW30. Leicester isn’t a bad fixture for opposition attackers either.
Bielsa got the sack, so maybe he’ll play now.
He’s back on. Salah captain. I’m not convinced Raphina, Coutinho, Jimenez etc. will outscore Salah even with two games. Feel Salah might be the safer pick, and I’m not looking for a punt since I have great momentum in my mini leagues. Might change it last minute though :nervous:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sa (Foster)
Broja Jimenez Kane

Livra over Ramsey is a big call. Every time Villa score you'll be nervous!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He’s back on. Salah captain. I’m not convinced Raphina, Coutinho, Jimenez etc. will outscore Salah even with two games. Feel Salah might be the safer pick, and I’m not looking for a punt since I have great momentum in my mini leagues. Might change it last minute though :nervous:
It's funny, a lot of us captained Weigy last week and the choices are surely better now. But we've been hurt before!

Salah seems the safe play. Anyone else is a lot riskier. Unless you like the stress of captaining defenders.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
You must have more team value than me as for taking 1.5m off Adams to Broja you could afford Tierney and Cancelo to my Holgate 4.2m and Dier 4.6m.
So you must have had another 1.5m or so to play with.

Never mind I clicked the button and all done.

Makes me laugh the keenness to keep Cancelo then not field him for 3 weeks though.
Cancelo coming back GW31. I've got so much left over cash that I can easily afford it.

Beautiful.
Only thing I don't like is Broja instead of Adams. But it allows you Tierney when I have 4.2m Holgate.
Although Holgate has a double he doesn't play week 30 and always chance of attacking gains (although also injuries with him!!).

Flex on bb in 29 too.
Their numbers are similar so I'm going with the one that gives me more flexibility. Holgate could be a gem though.

Would you get T.Silva or Digne? Either one will go out GW31 for Cancelo.

But T.Silva much better team/fixtures whilst Digne plays GW30.

Dan_F

Sa (Foster)
Broja Jimenez Kane

You not tempted to BB that?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
That’s my view as well. Two easier games to get him back up to speed then maybe a rest week. But as I’ve got to take risks his potential returns could be higher if he gets a goal or assist.

Rüdiger is the safest bet though.
Livra over Ramsey is a big call. Every time Villa score you'll be nervous!
Yeah I’ve watched a fair bit of Villa recently and I’m hoping they’ll have an off day…

SB16

After LOTS of deliberation, I've ended up going for:

Dubravka
TAA Rudiger Kilman James
Salah (C) Ramsey Willock Raphinha
Kane Broja

Subs: Ramsdale, Saka, Lacazette, Dier

Was pondering whether or not to get an Everton defender for a potential BB in GW29, but not yet convinced (i) that I will or (ii) by Everton's defence. Dier at least has a game in GW30, so could feasibly end up with 10 starting players then.

Also torn between Jimenez and Lacazette, but opted for the latter. A toss up, really, but hopefully it pays off in the long run.

Leading my ML so Salah seems like a safe (if uninspiring) choice for captaincy?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cancelo coming back GW31. I've got so much left over cash that I can easily afford it.

Their numbers are similar so I'm going with the one that gives me more flexibility. Holgate could be a gem though.

Would you get T.Silva or Digne? Either one will go out GW31 for Cancelo.

But T.Silva much better team/fixtures whilst Digne plays GW30.
I think I'm sticking to the original plan of Rudiger and Silva.
Both have a set piece goal in them and James still has that tinge of doubt on minutes.
Villa don't seem to be too reliable.

Will stay on salah cap as 1 goal could be worth 20 points as cap, whereas you'd prob need 2 cleanses to get above that for a defender who doesn't attacking haul.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Jimenez, Adams or Salah for captain?
Are we confident the first 2 have more than 1 haul in them? Probably not. They might do of course but I think Salah is safest with a critical must win home game. Even though some thinkWest Ham are some sort of jinx team. Not sure anyone sees West ham upsetting Pool.

stretford_oslo

Replaced Jimenez with Hwang and just managed to squeez in Son. Very happy with that.
WC is then:
Sa/Dubravka
James/Rudiger/TAA/White/Kilman
Salah/Son/Fraser/Ramsey/Saka
Kane/Hwang/Broja

Duafc

Village Lemon
Would you start TAA against WH over Livra or Digne with doubles?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Would you start TAA against WH over Livra or Digne with doubles?
TAA will most likely get CS as WH play very deep away against the big boys. It depends you think he'll get attacking returns.

I usually go DGW as it makes the game more fun.

Moby

Dick
Quick final thoughts guys

Nailed on FH: Sa, Rudi, James, Salah, Raphinha, Coutinho, Willock, Jimenez, One Soton Striker

So finally,

Silva + Second Soton Striker (Chelsea def triple up and Soton double up up front)

OR

Saiss and Havertz

Please pick one.

Norris Cole

Sticking with Salah captain. Been hurt too many times trying to be clever with it.

We all know how pitiful Moyes' sides are away from home against the big boys

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Quick final thoughts guys

Nailed on FH: Sa, Rudi, James, Salah, Raphinha, Coutinho, Willock, Jimenez, One Soton Striker

So finally,

Silva + Second Soton Striker (Chelsea def triple up and Soton double up up front)

OR

Saiss and Havertz

Please pick one.
Probably the first option but both are fine.