Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Moby

Dick
Think I've cracked this with only a couple of slight sacrifices.

@Samid @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Dirty Schwein @Dan_F @Moby @Cutch how does this look.

WC Week 28 - 8 doubles plus big boys TAA/Salah/Kane. Only question is captain. Salah seems safest even with a single.
Dubravaka (Ramsdale)
TAA Rudiger Silva (Holgate Dier)
Salah Willock Raphinha Ramsay (Saka)
Kane, Jiminez, Adams

BB Week 29
9 of the above double, with 4 of the singlers having great fixtures 2 Chelsea Home v Newc, Raph home to Norwich, Adams home to Watford

Week 30
7 playing

Gets the bench boost done close to the wildcard, which is always my preference, and saves the FHs ideally for weeks 36 (certain), and either 33 or 30 if needs be, although a hit or 2might be enough there.

Had quite a few smashes at this, and it was only when seeing a triple Top 200 finisher was going with the same strategy I realised I couldn't see any advantage of FH versus wildcard this week.
Ya I don't have WC but if I did I'd go for that. Although WC in 35 looks great as well because 36 and 37 will both be good dgws.

Paul_Scholes18

So Sanchez to Mendy or Cancelo to Rudiger/James.

I almost feel the first is best since James might not start both and Rudiger is very limited in attack compared to Cancelo.

Problem is long term I have too much money on my bench with keepers since I also got Ramsdale.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ya I don't have WC but if I did I'd go for that. Although WC in 35 looks great as well because 36 and 37 will both be good dgws.
I think how I sit in my league it needs doing now.

8th, and it could very easily go either way, so leaving it that late could be too late. Whereas if this goes well I could bank a decent bit of ground on people.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Think I've cracked this with only a couple of slight sacrifices.

@Samid @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Dirty Schwein @Dan_F @Moby @Cutch how does this look.

WC Week 28 - 8 doubles plus big boys TAA/Salah/Kane. Only question is captain. Salah seems safest even with a single.
Dubravaka (Ramsdale)
TAA Rudiger Silva (Holgate Dier)
Salah Willock Raphinha Ramsay (Saka)
Kane, Jiminez, Adams

BB Week 29
9 of the above double, with 4 of the singlers having great fixtures 2 Chelsea Home v Newc, Raph home to Norwich, Adams home to Watford

Week 30
7 playing

Gets the bench boost done close to the wildcard, which is always my preference, and saves the FHs ideally for weeks 36 (certain), and either 33 or 30 if needs be, although a hit or 2might be enough there.

Had quite a few smashes at this, and it was only when seeing a triple Top 200 finisher was going with the same strategy I realised I couldn't see any advantage of FH versus wildcard this week.
This is an excellent plan. It's similar to the WC plan I had at three start of the week which I mentioned earlier (the one about missing Cancelo).

My only concerns are:

Cancelo. You lose a LOT of value in him.

Son. If your WC next week, you get Son & Kane for the double and GW30.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is an excellent plan. It's similar to the WC plan I had at three start of the week which I mentioned earlier (the one about missing Cancelo).

My only concerns are:

Cancelo. You lose a LOT of value in him.

Son. If your WC next week, you get Son & Kane for the double and GW30.
Yep, those are 2 good points.
But I suppose, once you're trying to fit in Cancelo, TAA, Salah and Kane it's getting pretty tight anyway, so something has to give.
Kane covers Son to some element I suppose. And It's TAA or Cancelo, with the former's double having to win out.

Also you can always do a FH in 30 if stretched, or simply do Salah to Son then reverse afterwards.
Could always stay on single Chelsea, but I think Rudiger on the law of averages outscores Cancelo in 3 games v 2? When Rudiger has Newcastle at home, and the 2 aways v Burnley and Norwich?

Last edited:

saivet

Current team. Players in bold, are potentially on the chopping board:

Ramsdale
Cancelo, Livra, Saiss, TAA
Ramsey, Raphina, Salah
Weghurst, Jimenez, Ronaldo

Subs: Sanchez, Cornet, Bowen, Dalot

Current thoughts are Ronaldo to Soton striker (which one though?) Dalot to a Chelsea defender (probably Rudiger) for a -4 hit.

Would also like to get rid of one of the Burney guys but may not be worth it as it would probably result in benching Cancelo.

Any advice?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yep, those are 2 good points.
But I suppose, once you're trying to fit in Cancelo, TAA, Salah and Kane it's getting pretty tight anyway, so something has to give.
Kane covers Son to some element I suppose. And It's TAA or Cancelo, with the former's double having to win out.
This is my WC team (GW29) currently:

Ramsdale
Tierney, Rudiger, TAA, Cancelo
Salah, Raphinha, Martinelli, Son
Kane, Broja

Subs: Foster, King, Amartey, Brownhill

I think you may be right, maybe better to WC now... That team might looks useless :lol:

El-Manos

Foster de gea
Cancelo TAA white Coady manquillo
Salah son bowen Saka gallagher
Denis jiminez toney

do I need to wildcard ? I also have another FH & BB left

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is my WC team (GW29) currently:

Ramsdale
Tierney, Rudiger, TAA, Cancelo
Salah, Raphinha, Martinelli, Son
Kane, Broja

Subs: Foster, King, Amartey, Brownhill

I think you may be right, maybe better to WC now... That team might looks useless :lol:
Think your starting team is pretty strong. Broja i think is quality but maybe one of those players whose points doesn't match their level?
And maybe Martinelli had his hot spell.
Bench is pretty tumescent though which is the price of the 4 big boys. You've got 3 bottom priced bench players which gives zero flexibility.

Only 7 doublers though, and same 7 as mine for week 30.

Could be nip and tuck, and it depends on how many doublers you have on FH in 28, but you're guaranteeing you're using 2 chips, when I'm getting through with one, and "could" still outscore you the probability through extra doublers?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I've decided to bench Saka. Gut feeling. 5 at the back :nervous:

Foster
TAA Cancelo Cash Saiss Silva
Salah (c) Son Ramsey
Dennis Watkins

Subs : DDG, Saka, Bowen, Weggy

Also captain Salah because I never captain defenders and Ramsey, Dennis and Watkins could have 10 games in one week before I captained them over Salah with 1.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've decided to bench Saka. Gut feeling. 5 at the back :nervous:

Foster
TAA Cancelo Cash Saiss Silva
Salah (c) Son Ramsey
Dennis Watkins

Subs : DDG, Saka, Bowen, Weggy

Also captain Salah because I never captain defenders and Ramsey, Dennis and Watkins could have 10 games in one week before I captained them over Salah with 1.
Have gone the same way with both Ramsey and Salah cap.
Would have been nice to go Coutinho, but Ramsey is quite a threat too with 2 recent big hauls and facilitates a much better front combo for me.

Salah seems the percentage move, although clearly there's always the risk a double outscores him.
If it was Cancelo with Chelsea's fixtures it might be different, but even Rudier/Silva you wouldn't really want to risk.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
feck it. I'm going triple Chelsea defense on the FH.
Best of luck.

I'm pressing the button on the WC, risking the Cancelo thing (having seen our work leader do it recently too), and hope for the best with the plan.
Won't dare sleep on it, as I'd probably wake up and find i'm 0.4m short of the changes :lol:

Until tomorrow all...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Making 13 changes on this wildcard!
Genuinely don't think I've ever been close to that before!

Moby

Dick
FH 28 done for now.

Sa
Silva James Rudiger
Salah Coutinho Raphinha Willock Fraser
Adams Broja

Dubravka Kane Digne Saiss

No Chelsea rotation headache
No Newcastle scorer headache (it will be Chris wood)
No Soton front two headache.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Think your starting team is pretty strong. Broja i think is quality but maybe one of those players whose points doesn't match their level?
And maybe Martinelli had his hot spell.
Bench is pretty tumescent though which is the price of the 4 big boys. You've got 3 bottom priced bench players which gives zero flexibility.

Only 7 doublers though, and same 7 as mine for week 30.

Could be nip and tuck, and it depends on how many doublers you have on FH in 28, but you're guaranteeing you're using 2 chips, when I'm getting through with one, and "could" still outscore you the probability through extra doublers?
Yes, 7 doublers GW29 but 10 doublers this week. Works out the same numbers-wise.

However, you are right about the bench and the lack of flexibility.

I may use your WC idea there and see if I could include Cancelo...

I'll report my findings soon :lol:

Moby

Dick
Best of luck.

I'm pressing the button on the WC, risking the Cancelo thing (having seen our work leader do it recently too), and hope for the best with the plan.
Won't dare sleep on it, as I'd probably wake up and find i'm 0.4m short of the changes :lol:

Until tomorrow all...
Cheers looks like there will be some swings this GW so hope we all smash it

I was thinking about the danger of triple cs getting wiped out but we are risking that with double def anyway. It's a FH so you can try something like this. Plus it's Chelsea where defenders score more usually so it's that kinda then we can haul

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes, 7 doublers GW29 but 10 doublers this week. Works out the same numbers-wise.

However, you are right about the bench and the lack of flexibility.

I may use your WC idea there and see if I could include Cancelo...

I'll report my findings soon :lol:
Just need to have Cancelo instead of Rudiger, so you'd have

Dub Rams
Cancelo TAA Silva Dier Holgate
Salah Saka Willock Raph Ramsey
Kane Jimi Adams

Pro is you don't lose half a mill on Cancelo, but he has United and Palace v Chelsea's most nailed on defender with Norwich/Burnley/Newcastle and just a blank in week 30.
This late doors in the season value is way less important I think.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is it just silly to try to cover Spurs with Kulusevski (+Kane) on a WC? Struggling to fit Son in there.
Kane balances some of the threat, but you can't have everyone.
That Kulusevski looked tidy the other game, albeit against Leeds!!

At least in week 30 you could do Salah to Son to cover it then and reverse afterwards.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Was hoping I'd successfully navigate GW30 with West Ham beating Southampton in the FA cup which would free 3 players up for me but saints winning is another kick in the balls. Only have a free hit left so looks like it will have to be GW30. Is that likely to put me at a serious disadvantage with likely big doubles ahead?

Sorry I see a few tags from the like of @Sandikan and others. Havn't even looked at this since the rage of Weghorst and co last gameweek. Will try and get a chance to study.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was hoping I'd successfully navigate GW30 with West Ham beating Southampton in the FA cup which would free 3 players up for me but saints winning is another kick in the balls. Only have a free hit left so looks like it will have to be GW30. Is that likely to put me at a serious disadvantage with likely big doubles ahead?
Depends on how many players you're looking at for week 30? You probably need a min of 7 to avoid a FH i think.
Best bet looks to get some Tott/Arse boys in there to hit a double in 29 and a fixture in 30.

stretford_oslo

Kane balances some of the threat, but you can't have everyone.
That Kulusevski looked tidy the other game, albeit against Leeds!!

At least in week 30 you could do Salah to Son to cover it then and reverse afterwards.
Yeah Kane is a no-brainer, he’s in.
Salah to Son in gw30 might be a decent idea, I’m getting more and more convinced now is a good time to play wildcard.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah Kane is a no-brainer, he’s in.
Salah to Son in gw30 might be a decent idea, I’m getting more and more convinced now is a good time to play wildcard.
Yeah I've really poured over it, but it was reading one of these pro players tipping it this week to piggy back the week 29 BB that really pushed me that way.

Plus I have a sh!Tload of players I want rid, so it'd feel annoying to be on hold having to wait a week to start the surgery.

What put me off the FH 28 and WC 29 is that you're using 2 chips, and you really can't maximise the doubles in 29 and have a decent amount of week 30ers, so might as well just do it one wildcard, and store those FHs.

Moby

Dick
Alright everyone. Who's your captain?

I've been switching between Coutinho and Raphinha but with coutinhos recent form and Raph never really hauling big I've just put it on Salah.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Just need to have Cancelo instead of Rudiger, so you'd have

Dub Rams
Cancelo TAA Silva Dier Holgate
Salah Saka Willock Raph Ramsey
Kane Jimi Adams

Pro is you don't lose half a mill on Cancelo, but he has United and Palace v Chelsea's most nailed on defender with Norwich/Burnley/Newcastle and just a blank in week 30.
This late doors in the season value is way less important I think.
You can do this:

GW28 (WC)
Dubravka
Rudiger
, T.Silva, TAA
Salah, Raphinha, Willock, Ramsey
Broja
, Kane, Jimenez

Subs: Ramsdale, Tierney, Cancelo, Saka

0.6 in the bank. 8 DGW players.

GW29 (BB) - (don't make transfer)
Ramsdale
Rudiger, Tierney, T.Silva, TAA
Salah
, Willock, Saka, Raphinha
Broja, Kane

Bench: Dubravka (Che/Eve), Cancelo (C.Pal), Ramsey (W.Ham), Jimenez (Eve)

8 DGW players and now you have 2 FT's going into...

GW30 (2 transfers)
Ramsdale
Tierney, Cresswell, Rudiger
Saka, Raphinha, Ramsey, Son, Willock
Kane, Jimenez

Bench: Dubravka, Cancelo, TAA, Broja

(Salah, T.Silva out for Son, Cresswell)

9 starters.

You still have 2xFH left.

You can even save your BB for GW36, use your FH on that weird DGW/BGW in GW33 and have the other one left over for a rainy day...

Don't forget to bring back Salah for Son the following week!

What do you think?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Any thoughts of having it on Coutinho due to that Leeds fixture?
Leeds will have a new manager bounce but their defence is still shit so he can haul.

Depends on your risk appetite.

Coutinho and Raphinha are similar but Raphinha is on pens.

Rudiger should get 2 cleanies for minimum 24 points as Captain but you'll shit your bricks for 180 minutes.

And remember, a defender can lose it all by conceding last minute in a 5-1 win and an attacker could change your week in the last minute of a 5-1 loss.

I think Raphinha and Coutinho are the more fun picks.