Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Duafc

Village Lemon
Would you play Broja with two decent games or one of Salah, Trent, Saka… who have WH/Watford…

Moby

Dick
FH 28 gang

Third defender. Not sure of doubling up on Wolves. Their defensive numbers have gone down. But villa likely don't keep a cs either so not doing Digne. Triple Chelsea def?

If we already have Adams and Broja do you either get a third striker like Kane Wood or Jimenez or a 5th mid like Willock Fraser JWP Son etc?

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Wildcarded.

Dubravka
Rudiger - TAA - Livramento - Ait Nouri
Coutinho - Havertz - Salah
Broja - Dennis - Kane

Foster, Cancelo, Bowen, Gordon.

Feel a bit rubbish benching Cancelo, but not sure who i'd swap him with. Taken a punt on Havertz tbh, but I could go Mount instead then go Dubravka to Sanchez.. Also, so torn on the captain this week.. anyone got any ideas?

I plan on making two transfers next week to go: Coutinho and Ait Nouri to Jota and White, and then bench boost. Then i'll free hit GW 30. I will have 1 free hit left after all that too for GW36.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm just not a fan of JWP. His routes to returns are very limited. Willock could be shite but I don't mind a punt here or there. Might become Fraser. Adams vs. Broja is a coin toss.

Maybe I just go Fraser and beat the shit out of you and @Sandikan when Willock gets all the spoils.

Two Chelsea defenders seems optimal considering who they are playing. Forwards have been shit anyway so might not be the worst option to throw one or two on the bench.

Havertz is a gamble that can pay off or really piss you off. I think he's first choice number 9 but Lukaku just got a goal so will be taking some minutes too. Mount should be the safe pick if you want to go that way.

God I feel so much more at home in this thread. At WW I was useless whereas at least in here, I sort of know what I'm talking about/there's some logic to my posts :lol:
I assume WW stands for Willy Wavers?

I must admit I had missed Willock is 2 in 2, so that's me convinced after last year when he almost single handedly cost me my work title!
Ward P is too central and far off the goal. It's the set pieces that give him a false glow of hopes.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Locked team (-4 for 2 transfers):

Sa (d)
Trent - Cancelo Culture - Digne (d) - White
Salah - Raphinha (d) - JWP (d) - Son
Broja (d) - Raul (d)

Bowen first off bench, Maupay second.

Wasn't keen on the -4 but Sa is playing GW30 so it saves me losing a transfer later down the line (De Gea out).

Deery

Dreary
Dubravka

T. Silva James Digne

Raphinha Salah Ramsey Coutinho(c)

Broja Jimenez Dennis
DeBrunye, Van Dijk Cancelo.

Also lost DeGea which I’m not trilled about but that’s the nature of the game..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Dubravka

T. Silva James Digne

Raphinha Salah Ramsey Coutinho(c)

Broja Jimenez Dennis
DeBrunye, Van Dijk Cancelo.

Also lost DeGea which I’m not trilled about but that’s the nature of the game..
Free hit presumably? No Wolves defence, and no Rudiger who surely is the safest bet back there?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
FH 28 gang

Third defender. Not sure of doubling up on Wolves. Their defensive numbers have gone down. But villa likely don't keep a cs either so not doing Digne. Triple Chelsea def?

If we already have Adams and Broja do you either get a third striker like Kane Wood or Jimenez or a 5th mid like Willock Fraser JWP Son etc?
I suppose Digne's main appeal is the attacking return every so often. And Wolves have Palace and Watford which is 2 great home games.

Willock or Jiminez have to be great percentage plays this week.
But Kane can either be a 1 point slug or a 15 point hero, so very hard to tell if he's worth it, and with only the 1 game too.

A lot of people seem to be totally fine with binning TAA and Cancelo when both have games against pretty crap attacks. Seems dangerous.
I have both and still deciding before pressing the FH button.

Deery

Dreary
Free hit presumably? No Wolves defence, and no Rudiger who surely is the safest bet back there?
Wildcard. No was either Thiago or Rudiger opted for the more exotic name, presumably both play anyway so no great difference.

Can’t be bringing too many others in as still want my star players, will cross that hurdle when I get to it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would you play Broja with two decent games or one of Salah, Trent, Saka… who have WH/Watford…
If Saka was at home that'd be a huge risk taking him out I think. But away i'm siding on the play of a doubler instead.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wildcard. No was either Thiago or Rudiger opted for the more exotic name, presumably both play anyway so no great difference.

Can’t be bringing to many others in as still want my star players, will cross that hurdle when I get to it.
It really is a 50-50 with those 2.
Points are only 8 different, yet Rudiger has played 2160 mins v Silva's 1732.
Silva has 1 goal and 6 bonus points more, but Rudiger has an extra assist.

Clearly James is the huge ceiling, which we all remember from that 20+ pointer, but he's very capable of only playing 10mins across the 2 games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is Mendy actually that nailed on?
I see he missed 3 games out of the last 4?

Teja

Clearly James is the huge ceiling, which we all remember from that 20+ pointer, but he's very capable of only playing 10mins across the 2 games.
Don't have any Chelsea coverage for their DGW and that feels pretty scary.

If Lukaku was nailed on, I could go Kane -> Lukaku -> Kane and get both their DGWs. But he's not unfortunately.

Deery

Dreary

That’s the risk with James and no guarantee he’ll even play both but I’ll keep aiming for the stars.

Moby

Dick
I suppose Digne's main appeal is the attacking return every so often. And Wolves have Palace and Watford which is 2 great home games.

But Kane can either be a 1 point slug or a 15 point hero, so very hard to tell if he's worth it, and with only the 1 game too.

A lot of people seem to be totally fine with binning TAA and Cancelo when both have games against pretty crap attacks. Seems dangerous.
With the Sarr injury news I feel better about Wolves but not good enough for a double def. Palace away are a lot worse so yeah thats a good home double.

I was thinking with no Chelsea attacker nailed might as well go in with a triple defense.

Digne is fine but I need defenders with cs potential which villa don't seem to have much of without Nakamba who was their only DM.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, how we looking with this

SA Foster
Rudiger Silva Digne (Ait Nouri, Livra)
Salah, Willock, Couty, Raph, Havertz
Kane, Adams (Broja)

9 doublers, 2 big hitters, and 1.2m to beef it up.

Alternative play is Mendy instead of Sa, and Saiss instead of Silva. Or Saiss instead of Digne, which is a risky Wolves defence double up.

Could also go Jiminez instead of Kane but he never has been a goal machine, and could easily be left out for 1. Plus Kane seems to be back on it, and is making up for me taking Son out.

Also on the paper is keeping Cancelo or TAA instead of someone else. Potentially could go SILVA-RUDIGER-CANCELO, and trim a bench defender to sub 4m

@Dirty Schwein @Moby and gang...so many choices!!!

Duafc

Village Lemon
What's the rest of your team? Broja should play as well as Salah.
@Frank Grimes

Sorry Salah is 100% starting. Should read Jota.

I’m on a WC with a view to Bench Boosting next week, then using one of my 2 FHs in 30.

Sa/foster

Rudiger/Digne/Kilman/Livra

Salah/Podence/Willock/Jota/Saka

Kane/Broja/Laca

Currently have Jota Saka and TAA benched as all others double except Salah/Kane

Podence/Willock/Broja could all score less than any of my bench!!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
With the Sarr injury news I feel better about Wolves but not good enough for a double def. Palace away are a lot worse so yeah thats a good home double.

I was thinking with no Chelsea attacker nailed might as well go in with a triple defense.

Digne is fine but I need defenders with cs potential which villa don't seem to have much of without Nakamba who was their only DM.
Triple Chelsea and a cleany or 2 could be untold riches...maybe 50 points just in that 3! However, it's one kick away from ruin.

But just that Havertz wildcard is tempting. Although he barely seems to ever score. 2 goals and an exceptionally patchy record is not promising. However, you play a Havertz and you're one kick from glory.

And without him could go a very intriguing

MENDY
SILVA RUDIGER CANCELO (Livra, Amartey)
SALAH WILLOCK COUTY RAPHA (Ramsay - hoping he doesn't spank me on the bench)
KANE ADAMS JIMINEZ

(possibly Wolves def instead of Cancelo for extra doubler)

Duafc

Village Lemon
If Saka was at home that'd be a huge risk taking him out I think. But away i'm siding on the play of a doubler instead.
Yeah I don’t trust Saka at all, he definitely could haul but more likely a blank.

Jota is them tempter for me for one of Podence, Willock or Broja.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I brought Schär in for Cash on a WC but not entirely convinced it’s a good move. He has a double next week but it is a shit double.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

No idea how reliable Drafthound actually are for clean sheet odds but might be helpful as a rough estimate. That would put Chelsea at 72% chance of one clean sheet, 22% chance of two and 28% chance of none.

El-Manos

Want to bring in James or Livra + midfielder who Has a double. Willock or Coutinho? Or both ? I have salah Son Saka bowen gallager

Nickosaur

Playing your wildcard is so much fun until the deadline gets closer and closer, then you start second guessing every decision and the biggest problem in your life becomes the choice between Fraser and Willock...

I'm just going to keep drinking beers and tinkering with my team. What a friday night!

RedDevil@84

This is for draft

Watkins Vs Dennis vs Broja Vs Armstrong Vs Wood Vs Joelinton Vs Hwang - Need to pick one

Already have Jimenez

Dan_F

Sanchez, Dennis, Cancelo, Bowen…bench boost?

(I may even do a -4 for James after a few more beers)

SB16

So here's the plan folks:

GW28 (WC):
Ramsdale Sa
TAA Rudiger Digne James Kilman
Salah Saka Raphinha Ramsey Willock
Kane Broja Hwang

GW29 - hold transfers

GW30:
Salah+Willock->Son+Maddison
Saves 2nd FH, 9 ~decent players out

GW31:
Get Salah and Cancelo back, possibly for a hit or two

Tell me this isn't mad

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I assume WW stands for Willy Wavers?

I must admit I had missed Willock is 2 in 2, so that's me convinced after last year when he almost single handedly cost me my work title!
Ward P is too central and far off the goal. It's the set pieces that give him a false glow of hopes.
Yeah JWP can always score a set piece but I need more routes for points than that. Willock will be highly owned, makes sense to cover it. Will give advantage to those that have FH or WC. Newcastle also in good form.

Jimenez can return but he just doesn't excite me. Wolves are toothless in attack and his ceiling is usually 9 points.

Cancelo can result get attacking return but I feel we can score against them, especially with Dias out.

I know TAA can get a CS, I'm sure he will and happy to leave those 6 on bench in favour of a potential 2x CS from a Chelsea defender. I just hope TAA gets no attacking returns :nervous:
Any idea if there are future GWs where BB might make more sense? DGW 36 seems pretty big, so WC into that and BB then?
GW36 is best bet.
Watford at home under Woy will defend deep. Saka also becomes Stevie Wonder in front of goal. He can haul but I'd rather bank on DGW as Saka isn't that much of a threat.

I got James but considering ditching him for Silva. These are games where Chelsea won't be too defend much so perfect way to manage minutes for him. He can always get a haul but it'll be more annoying if you FH and he plays a few minutes in each game. Alonso might even be better shout.
Is Mendy actually that nailed on?
I see he missed 3 games out of the last 4?
He is nailed but not 100% as Kepa occasionally plays. I think Mendy will play both but I've been burned with him being benched before. So Chelsea defenders have attacking potential anyway so better to go for them.
Ok, how we looking with this

SA Foster
Rudiger Silva Digne (Ait Nouri, Livra)
Salah, Willock, Couty, Raph, Havertz
Kane, Adams (Broja)

9 doublers, 2 big hitters, and 1.2m to beef it up.

Alternative play is Mendy instead of Sa, and Saiss instead of Silva. Or Saiss instead of Digne, which is a risky Wolves defence double up.

Could also go Jiminez instead of Kane but he never has been a goal machine, and could easily be left out for 1. Plus Kane seems to be back on it, and is making up for me taking Son out.

Also on the paper is keeping Cancelo or TAA instead of someone else. Potentially could go SILVA-RUDIGER-CANCELO, and trim a bench defender to sub 4m

@Dirty Schwein @Moby and gang...so many choices!!!
Go with your gut. I prefer going for DGW for the rush of the second game. Makes FPL more fun/frustrating. That's what it's all about. I like playing aggressive.

I think jiminez was benched so he can play both in the double though...

@Frank Grimes

Sorry Salah is 100% starting. Should read Jota.

I’m on a WC with a view to Bench Boosting next week, then using one of my 2 FHs in 30.

Sa/foster

Rudiger/Digne/Kilman/Livra

Salah/Podence/Willock/Jota/Saka

Kane/Broja/Laca

Currently have Jota Saka and TAA benched as all others double except Salah/Kane

Podence/Willock/Broja could all score less than any of my bench!!
This is the issue with this week. Perfect for BB but the shit players play twice and good ones play once. Doubt many have a team that can take advantage of BB this week regardless of how good it looks on paper.

Jota is now a minutes risk due to Diaz. But he can do damage with limited minutes anyways.

That's a really good WC team that sets you up with a good squad for the medium term.

Podence and Jota are my only concerns. Especially Podence but you can transfer him out after this week.

Just think of how you get Cancelo back at some point...
Yeah I don’t trust Saka at all, he definitely could haul but more likely a blank.

Jota is them tempter for me for one of Podence, Willock or Broja.
Sorry hadn't read this before the above.

Duafc

Village Lemon
@Dirty Schwein I just have a good feeling on Podence being a nice differential for the double, he won’t be staying!

I plan to downgrade Laca to a cheaper (better) st option after arsenals doubles then probs use that cash to go to cancelo

Nickosaur

So here's the plan folks:

GW28 (WC):
Ramsdale Sa
TAA Rudiger Digne James Kilman
Salah Saka Raphinha Ramsey Willock
Kane Broja Hwang

GW29 - hold transfers

GW30:
Salah+Willock->Son+Maddison
Saves 2nd FH, 9 ~decent players out

GW31:
Get Salah and Cancelo back, possibly for a hit or two

Tell me this isn't mad
My team (and plan) is looking very similar to yours.
People say it's mad to get rid of Cancelo. Hell, maybe it is, but over the next 3 weeks he has 2 games, and 1 of those is what you would class as great.
I can replace him with a Wolves or Villa defender who plays 4 times and have at least 2 good fixtures in there.
I can bring Cancelo back in, I know it will cost me a lot more, but with Dias out and City not having a DGW, I honestly don't think it's that mad to take that risk.
What's troubling me more is keeping TAA or downgrading him to Robertson...

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
@Dirty Schwein I just have a good feeling on Podence being a nice differential for the double, he won’t be staying!

I plan to downgrade Laca to a cheaper (better) st option after arsenals doubles then probs use that cash to go to cancelo
I always like a few punts here and there and when they pay off its the best feeling in FPL so I'm all for that.

The plan to drop Lacazette and eventually get back Cancelo (ideally before DGW36) works. He's gonna beast it that week I reckon.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think I've cracked this with only a couple of slight sacrifices.

@Samid @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Dirty Schwein @Dan_F @Moby @Cutch how does this look.

WC Week 28 - 8 doubles plus big boys TAA/Salah/Kane. Only question is captain. Salah seems safest even with a single.
Dubravaka (Ramsdale)
TAA Rudiger Silva (Holgate Dier)
Salah Willock Raphinha Ramsay (Saka)
Kane, Jiminez, Adams

BB Week 29
9 of the above double, with 4 of the singlers having great fixtures 2 Chelsea Home v Newc, Raph home to Norwich, Adams home to Watford

Week 30
7 playing

Gets the bench boost done close to the wildcard, which is always my preference, and saves the FHs ideally for weeks 36 (certain), and either 33 or 30 if needs be, although a hit or 2might be enough there.

Had quite a few smashes at this, and it was only when seeing a triple Top 200 finisher was going with the same strategy I realised I couldn't see any advantage of FH versus wildcard this week.