Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Everyone wants to offload cancelo... One of the best and most consistent players this season :houllier:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I benched Cancelo the last time we played them. 14 points.
I'm benching Cancelo this game. I don't let previous games ever affect my decisions. Especially a game like that when we had a different manager who was on his way out.

But He's coming STRAIGHT back into my team next week.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I really need to play my WC next week in a way that can get me through that week and then not have to use the FH on GW30. That is what I'll work on next week.

I think I've gone too deep this week and need to play the FH and forget the value lost. I built up a lot of value anyway so I guess this was the reason why.

Moby

Dick
Hello friends @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Cutch @Others

Welcome to my GW28 planning. Please let me know what you think is the best plan going forward:

Chips remaining: 2xFH and BB.

Current Squad: (0.3 ITB)
Ramsdale, Sanchez
TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, Mee, Dalot
Salah, Raphinha, Coutinho, Bowen, Olise
Kane, Broja, Weghorst

PLAN A: No Chips through 28-30

28: -4 Hit for Mee and Bowen to Rudiger and Willock/Fraser. 5 DGW players
Ramsdale, Sanchez
TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, Rudiger, Dalot
Salah, Raphinha, Coutinho, Willock, Olise
Kane, Broja, Weghorst

29: -4 for Dalot and Olise to White and Martinelli/Odegaard. 8 DGW players.
Ramsdale, Sanchez
TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, Rudiger, White
Salah
, Raphinha, Coutinho, Willock, Martinelli
Kane
, Broja, Weghorst

30: Roll FT with 6 players or get a Leeds/Leicester/Ramsey in for Willock or Weghorst.
Ramsdale
White
Raphinha, Coutinho, Martinelli
Kane

Plan B: FH28:
GW28 FH: 9 DGW players but this is similar to my main squad right now.
Sa, 3.9
Rudiger, James, Digne (Saiss, Livra)
Salah, Raphinha, Coutinho, Mount (Willock)
Kane, Broja, Adams/Wood

GW29: -4 for Mee and Olise out for Kulu and White. 7 DGW players and I keep Bowen.
Ramsdale, Sanchez
TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, White, Dalot
Salah, Kulu, Raphinha, Coutinho, Bowen
Kane, Broja, Weghorst

GW30: Dalot to Kilman or something and have 8 players. No chelsea defender in this plan.
Ramsdale
White Kilman
Kulu, Raphinha, Coutinho, Bowen
Kane

Plan C: FH30.
Ramsdale, Sanchez
Kane, Broja, Weghorst

Ramsdale, Sanchez
Salah
Kane
, Broja, Weghorst

FH 30 with 11 players
Ramsdale
Tierney, Saiss, Digne
Son, Madisson, Bowen, Coutinho, Raphinha
Kane, Vardy

So the question is which one has the biggest upside and sets me up better going into the last 10 GWs? Take your time. :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Hello friends @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Cutch @Others

Welcome to my GW28 planning. Please let me know what you think is the best plan going forward:

Chips remaining: 2xFH and BB.

Current Squad: (0.3 ITB)
Ramsdale, Sanchez
TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, Mee, Dalot
Salah, Raphinha, Coutinho, Bowen, Olise
Kane, Broja, Weghorst

PLAN A: No Chips through 28-30

Ramsdale, Sanchez
Kane, Broja, Weghorst

Ramsdale, Sanchez
Salah
Kane
, Broja, Weghorst

30: Roll FT with 6 players or get a Leeds/Leicester/Ramsey in for Willock or Weghorst.
Ramsdale
White
Raphinha, Coutinho, Martinelli
Kane

Plan B: FH28:
GW28 FH: 9 DGW players but this is similar to my main squad right now.
Sa, 3.9
Rudiger, James, Digne (Saiss, Livra)
Salah, Raphinha, Coutinho, Mount (Willock)
Kane, Broja, Adams/Wood

GW29: -4 for Mee and Olise out for Kulu and White. 7 DGW players and I keep Bowen.
Ramsdale, Sanchez
TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, White, Dalot
Salah, Kulu, Raphinha, Coutinho, Bowen
Kane, Broja, Weghorst

GW30: Dalot to Kilman or something and have 8 players. No chelsea defender in this plan.
Ramsdale
White Kilman
Kulu, Raphinha, Coutinho, Bowen
Kane

Plan C: FH30.
Ramsdale, Sanchez
Kane, Broja, Weghorst

Ramsdale, Sanchez
Salah
Kane
, Broja, Weghorst

FH 30 with 11 players
Ramsdale
Tierney, Saiss, Digne
Son, Madisson, Bowen, Coutinho, Raphinha
Kane, Vardy

So the question is which one has the biggest upside and sets me up better going into the last 10 GWs? Take your time. :lol:
Not Plan A. Taking hits. Not maximising DGWs and then sparse BGW.

Plans B and C are both good. Jsut depends if you prefer the extra players in GW28 to GW30.

Plan B gives you 4 extra DGWs in GW28 but you have 3 less in BGW. So you are a player up there. But the one less DGW in GW29 (for plan B) makes the numbers exactly the same. With that said, you take one less hit on Plan B, which is worth remembering.

I'd say go plan B.

Moby

Dick

Plans B and C are both good. Jsut depends if you prefer the extra players in GW28 to GW30.

Plan B gives you 4 extra DGWs in GW28 but you have 3 less in BGW. So you are a player up there. But the one less DGW in GW29 (for plan B) makes the numbers exactly the same. With that said, you take one less hit on Plan B, which is worth remembering.

I'd say go plan B.
I'm liking that as well. One less hit is a good point. Also taking a FH now allows me to assess certain things like how Chelsea look like or new Leeds look like etc and maybe I can still add more gw30 players if I want them long term and in case Newcastle turn out to be shit which is likely I don't have to be stuck with their shit. And I can keep Bowen who will still have high EO and you want him in case he hauls. So a lot of pros there.

With spurs West ham arsenal etc in gw30 you can bring in some long term guys in that GW. Or before as spurs and arse also double in 29.

Let's see. I will watch some pods to understand more about the post 30 scenario because either way my FTs have to be more long terms.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I'd say go plan B.
@Moby - agree with this. Plan A is a non starter.
So then it was a 50-50 between the other 2, so the extra hit pushes it to B as per Schweinybaby above.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

I'd say go plan B.
Yeah I like Plan B as well but @Moby you are setting yourself up for some potential pain with those benched dgw players. It's horrible because you can't really bench Salah or Kane either.

You haven't got a wildcard left to jump into that BB either so don't know when you're going to use that.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm liking that as well. One less hit is a good point. Also taking a FH now allows me to assess certain things like how Chelsea look like or new Leeds look like etc and maybe I can still add more gw30 players if I want them long term and in case Newcastle turn out to be shit which is likely I don't have to be stuck with their shit. And I can keep Bowen who will still have high EO and you want him in case he hauls. So a lot of pros there.

With spurs West ham arsenal etc in gw30 you can bring in some long term guys in that GW. Or before as spurs and arse also double in 29.

Let's see. I will watch some pods to understand more about the post 30 scenario because either way my FTs have to be more long terms.
Information is more important than most people realize.

Moby

Dick
Yeah I like Plan B as well but @Moby you are setting yourself up for some potential pain with those benched dgw players. It's horrible because you can't really bench Salah or Kane either.

You haven't got a wildcard left to jump into that BB either so don't know when you're going to use that.
You mean I should just go with 11 dgw in 28 and ignore Salah and Kane? Maybe I can ignore Kane but don't wanna ignore Salah. At home he's a beast.

As for BB I can build towards it in 36. The way FA cup is going we should be easily able to set up in 36. I am sure I will get more chances for it and that's why I don't wanna bring in dross for free transfers like Mee and Weghorst. Once these guys are gone i can pretty much BB any time during the last stretch.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Ok lads, my turn.

Current squad, and have 1 WC, 2 FH and BB. What's the game plan? Feeling is there's probably only about 4 or 5 of this lot i'd keep.

De Gea Foster
Cancelo TAA Dalot El Nouri Digne
Son Saka Bowen Trossard Brownhill
Ronaldo Dennis Weigy

@Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Cutch @Samid @Dan_F @everyoneelse
You have the same chips as me and a similar team (I have more dross though).

Therefore it's hard for me to give thoughts here as I'm a bit unsure on my own team (the time I'd normally spend on this was used up on WW this week).

Here's my thoughts on my own strategy, maybe something will spark for you:

I think WC is one of the most important chips and I don't want to blow it so I'll stick with FH GW28. Load up on shitty players (and Salah of course) and not worry about these clowns beyond this GW. Go into it like this:

Sa
Digne, Rudiger, James, Saiss
Salah, Raphinha, Coutinho, Willock, Mount
Adams

10 DGW players. I'll lose 0.4 value though due to Keane dropping, Salah rising and Edouard that donkey dropping twice.

Then I'll make a WC team in GW 29 that will give me enough DGW29 players but also give me at least 7-8 player for GW30.

Then use the next FH on that mixed DGW/BGW that is likely in GW33 and BB in GW36.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
You mean I should just go with 11 dgw in 28 and ignore Salah and Kane? Maybe I can ignore Kane but don't wanna ignore Salah. At home he's a beast.

As for BB I can build towards it in 36. The way FA cup is going we should be easily able to set up in 36. I am sure I will get more chances for it and that's why I don't wanna bring in dross for free transfers like Mee and Weghorst. Once these guys are gone i can pretty much BB any time during the last stretch.
I'm not saying who you should pick but just don't be surprised if there's a few hauls on your bench this week. As long as you've made peace with it beforehand :)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Therefore it's hard for me to give thoughts here as I'm a bit unsure on my own team (the time I'd normally spend on this was used up on WW this week).

I think WC is one of the most important chips and I don't want to blow it so I'll stick with FH GW28. Load up on shitty players (and Salah of course) and not worry about these clowns beyond this GW. Go into it like this:

Sa
Adams

10 DGW players. I'll lose 0.4 value though due to Keane dropping, Salah rising and Edouard that donkey dropping twice.

Then I'll make a WC team in GW 29 that will give me enough DGW29 players but also give me at least 7-8 player for GW30.

Then use the next FH on that mixed DGW/BGW that is likely in GW33 and BB in GW36.
It's a good strategy and i think @Sandikan your team is even better set for a FH this week. Should be a good week for you.

ROFLUTION

Why is Willock in so many teams? Even in FFScout's bus team

Fraser got a better xGI (quite high the last 4) and plays more advanced. At 5.3 he seems to be value for money like Gray earlier in the season. Same output and xGI as some of the expensive midfielders and 2 x DGWs

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Fraser got a better xGI (quite high the last 4) and plays more advanced. At 5.3 he seems to be value for money like Gray earlier in the season. Same output and xGI as some of the expensive midfielders and 2 x DGWs
Willy is a streaky player. His streak has just begun.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Sa
Adams

Like that mate. Looks good.

Think that's what I'll pretty much follow.

Just with maybe Ward P in there. Not sure Willock is back to anything like last season's form?
And a look at Broja v Adams.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I did wonder this. He had his one off "Aaron Ramsay" run of incredible form last season, but is he even close to signs of that?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, I've done a rough FH squad, and can afford this with 0.3m in the bank

Sa (Foster)
Rudiger, Digne-Saiss (Dalot Amartey)
Salah Couty Raph Havertz Willock
Kane Jimi Adams

So that's a big bench dilemma from the front 8, and ideally needs 1 more Chelsea defender, although Digne could be a good option still...

So what do we propose here?

1. Adams down to Broja, bench Broja, and then Digne goes to James or Silva
  2. Downgrade 1 of the mid, and play 3 up front? Potentially the downgrade can upgrade Digne to Chelsea
  3. Something else.
Captain choice.... Couty or Havertz seem risky. Salah "safer", but doesn't maximise the double effect.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Like that mate. Looks good.

Think that's what I'll pretty much follow.

Just with maybe Ward P in there. Not sure Willock is back to anything like last season's form?
And a look at Broja v Adams.
I'm just not a fan of JWP. His routes to returns are very limited. Willock could be shite but I don't mind a punt here or there. Might become Fraser. Adams vs. Broja is a coin toss.

Brownhill type of streaky player

I'd say he's a counter attacking player, good against open teams. Even when that happens it'll be Fraser with a cutback pass. Get at me, karmagods.
Maybe I just go Fraser and beat the shit out of you and @Sandikan when Willock gets all the spoils.

Ok, I've done a rough FH squad, and can afford this with 0.3m in the bank

Sa (Foster)
Rudiger, Digne-Saiss (Dalot Amartey)
Salah Couty Raph Havertz Willock
Kane Jimi Adams

So that's a big bench dilemma from the front 8, and ideally needs 1 more Chelsea defender, although Digne could be a good option still...

So what do we propose here?

1. Adams down to Broja, bench Broja, and then Digne goes to James or Silva
  2. Downgrade 1 of the mid, and play 3 up front? Potentially the downgrade can upgrade Digne to Chelsea
  3. Something else.
Captain choice.... Couty or Havertz seem risky. Salah "safer", but doesn't maximise the double effect.
Two Chelsea defenders seems optimal considering who they are playing. Forwards have been shit anyway so might not be the worst option to throw one or two on the bench.

Havertz is a gamble that can pay off or really piss you off. I think he's first choice number 9 but Lukaku just got a goal so will be taking some minutes too. Mount should be the safe pick if you want to go that way.

God I feel so much more at home in this thread. At WW I was useless whereas at least in here, I sort of know what I'm talking about/there's some logic to my posts :lol:

Dimitar09

Would it be maddess to go without Salah this gameweek?
He's not in my team at the moment.
I used my 1st FH last week to get him for the big double and now it's tough getting him in this week while also covering the players with doubles.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
So if I go ahead with my -8 who do I bench here alongside Bowen and Weggy?

Foster (DDG)
Silva TAA Cancelo Cash Saiss
Salah Son Ramsey Saka (Bowen)
Watkins Dennis (Weggy)

Tempted to bench Dennis even with the double. We won't score against Citeh surely?

Deery

Dreary
Dias for Van Dijk, lucky I was playing wildcard but a pity because Dias has been great for me..

Deery

Dreary
I'm thinking I might save them for the BGW in 30 and then the DGW in 33. Tough choice and really a flip of a coin type thing
You can never be to sure I guess, it’s hard at the top (I wouldn’t know though)..

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
So if I go ahead with my -8 who do I bench here alongside Bowen and Weggy?

Foster (DDG)
Silva TAA Cancelo Cash Saiss
Salah Son Ramsey Saka (Bowen)
Watkins Dennis (Weggy)

Tempted to bench Dennis even with the double. We won't score against Citeh surely?
We create many chances and city just lost their best CB...

Cancelo best route to returns is probably attacking. I'd bench either him or TAA if you have the balls to do that.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore