Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Mbuemo looked good I thought. Not happy with White, he was poor. Pepe and Toney blanked but at least they were quite active. Pepe will definitely get good points this year.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Mbuemo looked good I thought. Not happy with White, he was poor. Pepe and Toney blanked but at least they were quite active. Pepe will definitely get good points this year.
No he won’t.

Last edited:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
What a load of shite. I had planned on setting up the team tonight and i see that arsenal game have already played a game.

I hope the shower of shite get relegated :mad:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Newsflash! He's shite mate.
Nah he was fine. Had one good chance, was pretty active. He’s an easy downgrade to Buendia/Raphinha etc but looking at their fixtures after City I am inclined to keep him in for the time being.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Nah he was fine. Had one good chance, was pretty active. He’s an easy downgrade to Buendia/Raphinha etc but looking at their fixtures after City I am inclined to keep him in for the time being.
If one day you wake up and you see Pepe has somehow made it into your FPL team, you have done something wrong.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The other worry for Pepe owners (aside from owning Pepe) is that if Odegaard arrives then the Pepinator will be competing with ESR for a place, with most Arsenal fans I've seen seeming to think Arteta will favour ESR.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Mbeumo is the pick of the bunch for me.

Listed as a midfielder so get extra point for cleansheets and one more than a striker for goals. Only costs 5.5 million. And has a much lower pick rate than Toney so a better "differential".

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I just looked at the team for my big rival from last year... It's player for player identical to mine :lol:

owlo

9 points from Raya, 2 from Toney. Fairly solid start though unspectacular. A little annoying as Toney was probably the best player on the pitch, but it is what it is.

Never felt the right game to play him in. Not with this terrible lineup.
And for most he'll be a mere facilitator.
Are that many playing 3-4-3? Pre Arsenal move I'd have considered him, but with their current circus (and a young player moving to a new 'big' club on a huge transfer fee etc) I feel there are many better at his price point. I have Gomez and Coufal [on the bench] in there for example, and Shaw/Digne are only 0.5 more.

Last edited:

Dan_F

I just looked at the team for my big rival from last year... It's player for player identical to mine :lol:
Exactly the same for me (apart from the bench). He’s got Barnes, I’ve got Greenwood, and I only moved away from Barnes yesterday morning! Template-tastic.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm all for a bit of one game kneejerkery, but writing White off after one game is silly.

He's a 4.5m facilitator for a team who will still get plenty of cleanies, especially in homes v fodder.

Away to a newly promoted, first game in the top flight in 50 years, post pandemic meaning it may (would have to check!) be the first game in their plush stadium with fans, is not the game to judge in.

Especially with half Arsenal's team missing.

GledTheRed

Mbeumo is the pick of the bunch for me.

Listed as a midfielder so get extra point for cleansheets and one more than a striker for goals. Only costs 5.5 million. And has a much lower pick rate than Toney so a better "differential".
Said this a couple of days back and was met with silence.

I'd still stick with Toney, he'll come good.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's probably on here monitoring you
So true :lol:

I'm all for a bit of one game kneejerkery, but writing White off after one game is silly.

He's a 4.5m facilitator for a team who will still get plenty of cleanies, especially in homes v fodder.

Away to a newly promoted, first game in the top flight in 50 years, post pandemic meaning it may (would have to check!) be the first game in their plush stadium with fans, is not the game to judge in.

Especially with half Arsenal's team missing.
I agree. He's bench fodder any way so I'm not fussed.

Moby

Dick
I don't think anyone was disagreeing just that there's loads more options in midfield and you can't have everyone.
Having lots of options isn't necessarily mean good options. I considered this choice a lot. The 6.5 mids are Raphinha, Buendia, etc. Do you think they would score more points than Toney, who's likely to be highly involved in a lot of their goals and seems to show both goalscoring and providing for others.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Having lots of options isn't necessarily mean good options. I considered this choice a lot. The 6.5 mids are Raphinha, Buendia, etc. Do you think they would score more points than Toney, who's likely to be highly involved in a lot of their goals and seems to show both goalscoring and providing for others.
I haven't got either of those in my five man midfield which kind of proves my point.

Dan_F

Dodged a bullet taking out Martial for Greenwood. Thanks to whoever gave me that advice earlier in the week, looking back I’m not sure what I was thinking.

Paul_Scholes18

So true :lol:

I agree. He's bench fodder any way so I'm not fussed.
I just fear we might drop value potentially.

He was a long term pick for me so I got to take that.

Just think next wildcard going to need some serious gems since Lukaku might be 11.8 before I jump on him and Bruno 11.9 since people change Bruno to Lukaku.

Probably what I do is drop Salah or TAA and go with cheaper picks.

Cantonaaa!

I was too romantic when I selected Martial it seems. I fully believe he’ll have a good season though. With Rashford out for a few months he should see plenty of gametime. If not, it’s the end of the road for him I guess.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I really hope DDG keeps a clean sheet. Took a huge punt on him. For 5m that would be a solid clean sheet!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Who was idiot like me and captained Salah instead of Bruno?? fecking hell. Always captain Bruno at OT. Always.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Who was idiot like me and captained Salah instead of Bruno?? fecking hell. Always captain Bruno at OT. Always.
I had Salah as Captain and then did a last minute switcheroo taking him out for Son and Jota, and making Bruno captain.

Seems to have paid off so far!

Leonzo1

The template at the start of the season is incredible. Pretty much same team for everyone bar 2-3 players. My only differentials are Coufal ESR and Greewood. Everyone else are owned between 80-100 percent.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'm happy enough with Bruno's contribution but c'mon Bamford and Raphinha! Lift boys!

Maxii

Paad
Shaw is going to be the new TAA/Robertson this year. If he keeps fit he’s going to have some major hauls