Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Moby

Dick
That was what I thought on my free hit. Go big on Sterling and Mahrez and it failed big time.

It is risky, but not sure it is worth removing Salah or Son for them. Given how good those are.
Everton is as easy as Watford and Spurs have been in great form.

If I free hit this week I would punt on Ronaldo if mentally ready and hope he performs against Arsenal again.
I'm happy to go with city attackers over spurs this GW. Then do Sterling or KDB back to Son for their home game vs Leicester.

Couldn't care less about any united player.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yep, thats the thing as well. Loading up on Chelsea or City now will also help long term especially city but this is the week for differentials and just being able to get in the lesser owned City and Liverpool attackers along with the Chelsea dgw picks etc can have a huge pay off. City especially will go in to absolutely hammer Watford. They need the GD. You can smell Sterling going big.
Yep. Jota is a nice punt against Everton too.

Plus with the City defensive injuries it should be fairly easy to double up on their defence this week with secure starters.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm happy to go with city attackers over spurs this GW. Then do Sterling or KDB back to Son for their home game vs Leicester.

Couldn't care less about any united player.
Well personally I want to use free hit on games with blanks for big sides or lots of doubles for teams I do not have.
Now there is two doubles and 0 blanks. You do not even want United picks.

It can easily backfire. I think 37 is better if you want to go big on City since then they got 2 games and can ditch Salah with one game.

Sterling/Mahrez and pep is the biggest troll combo in fantasy history. I would not gamble unless you are desperate when you can have TAA, Robertson, Salah, Son, Cancelo etc.
It was different when I did it since we had no Salah then so had more money for midfield.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Need some help @Moby @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Paul_Scholes18 @CassiusClaymore @others

Current team:

Dubravka

TAA, Matip, Cancelo, Rudiger

Salah, Raphinha, Saka, Barnes, Kulusevski

Kane

Subs: Ramsdale, Davies, Weghorst, Broja

I can either:

Option 1 –
Roll transfer, next week do Weghorst and Raphinha to Pukki and Coutinho. That way I get Coutinho vs. Norwich and then all but Broja will be DGW for GW36 where I plan to BB.

Option 2 –
Swap Kulusevski and Raphina to Mount (can’t afford Havertz) and Martenelli for a -4 this week.

Option 3 –
Swap Raphinha and Weghorst to Havertz and Mateta/Barnes for a -4 this week.

Moby

Dick
Well personally I want to use free hit on games with blanks for big sides or lots of doubles for teams I do not have.
Now there is two doubles and 0 blanks. You do not even want United picks.

It can easily backfire. I think 37 is better if you want to go big on City since then they got 2 games and can ditch Salah with one game.

Sterling/Mahrez and pep is the biggest troll combo in fantasy history. I would not gamble unless you are desperate when you can have TAA, Robertson, Salah, Son, Cancelo etc.
It was different when I did it since we had no Salah then so had more money for midfield.
It's about upside. I see more upside in city or Liverpool differentials this week plus Chelsea doubles which is a very good double over say villa palace etc. Those teams aren't gonna have explosive players like these guys so you can gain more here. With not long to go I don't mind gambling with it.

Moby

Dick
Need some help @Moby @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Paul_Scholes18 @CassiusClaymore @others

Current team:

Dubravka

Kane

I can either:

Option 1 –
Roll transfer, next week do Weghorst and Raphinha to Pukki and Coutinho. That way I get Coutinho vs. Norwich and then all but Broja will be DGW for GW36 where I plan to BB.

Option 2 –
Swap Kulusevski and Raphina to Mount (can’t afford Havertz) and Martenelli for a -4 this week.

Option 3 –
Think option 3. Problem for you is you can't get fodder to get funds because you have BB remaining so it's tough to keep a playing bench and also get all these mids. Maybe Nketiah over Mateta works better.

I'm pretty much binning my bench players now and going heavy in starting eleven. So Weghorst to a 4.5 fwd is almost certain for me unless the absolute weapon bangs in a hatty tonight. :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Think I'm leaning towards using my last FH this GW.
Same. Otherwise I have to sell one of Maddison/Saka to get Mount. No City attack either. Like you said Sterling and Jota should both start, both will be differentials and both very capable of going big.

With Rudiger out I'd probably go one Chelsea defender and 2 X Chelsea attack (Mount, Havertz, Werner).

What's your potential team looking like?

Moby

Dick
Same. Otherwise I have to sell one of Maddison/Saka to get Mount. No City attack either. Like you said Sterling and Jota should both start, both will be differentials and both very capable of going big.

With Rudiger out I'd probably go one Chelsea defender and 2 X Chelsea attack (Mount, Havertz, Werner).

What's your potential team looking like?
Same here. I have no city and can't get Jota and need to sell these mids for Chelsea ones who will rotate more as they get near their cup final so there's reason to punt it this week.

Haven't given it a whole amount of thought but I'm gonna have these
City Cancelo Sterling KDB/Laporte depending on money
Chelsea James Mount Havertz
Liverpool Trent Jota Robbo/Mane depending on money

9 from those three. Probably add Saka given the state of our defense.

A quick check gave me this.

Keeper
TAA Laporte Cancelo James
Sterling Jota Havertz Saka Salah/Mane
Werner

Laporte and Salah/Mane can be switched to Robertson and KDB depending on how confident you are on city starters.

Werner over Mount because need more places in midfield and Werner is pretty much the only good forward.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Current team:

Dubravka

Kane

I can either:

Option 1 –

Option 2 –

Option 3 –
Would players coming in in option.3 get you that -4 back (compared to same players out in option.1)? That said, not sure of the allure for Coutinho in option.1… four lots of two points on the bounce?

You don’t want option 2 or you’re hoping Arsenal do well in the run in (:nono:)

3 or 1.

Moby

Dick
sentences we thought we’d never see?
:lol:

Indeed, he has emerged out of nowhere and as per most chelsea fans ive listened to hes having the best spell at the club. They dont really have anyone else with that pace bar probably pulisic. Given we usually push up and leave a lot of space behind that game could be ideal for him. He's still a punt all things considered, Havertz and Mount are definitely more reliable but with so many good mids replacing one of them with the forward gives better balance.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Would players coming in in option.3 get you that -4 back (compared to same players out in option.1)? That said, not sure of the allure for Coutinho in option.1… four lots of two points on the bounce?

You don’t want option 2 or you’re hoping Arsenal do well in the run in (:nono:)

3 or 1.
Coutinho is a flat track bully who hauls in easy games, Villa have 3 easy games upcoming.

My issue with option 3 is Mateta/Barnes... Not nailed at all.

But I'm 0.1 short of Nketiah.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Same here. I have no city and can't get Jota and need to sell these mids for Chelsea ones who will rotate more as they get near their cup final so there's reason to punt it this week.

Haven't given it a whole amount of thought but I'm gonna have these
City Cancelo Sterling KDB/Laporte depending on money
Chelsea James Mount Havertz
Liverpool Trent Jota Robbo/Mane depending on money

9 from those three. Probably add Saka given the state of our defense.

A quick check gave me this.

Keeper
TAA Laporte Cancelo James
Sterling Jota Havertz Saka Salah/Mane
Werner

Laporte and Salah/Mane can be switched to Robertson and KDB depending on how confident you are on city starters.

Werner over Mount because need more places in midfield and Werner is pretty much the only good forward.
Like the look of that. Slightly worried about a Mane rest especially if Jota starts. I'd probably go for Zaha over Saka as well with a tasty fixture against Leeds.

Tight funds for me but I can do

DDG
Cancelo TAA Alonso Schar
Sterling Salah Mount Jota Zaha
Werner

with nothing on the bench (Johnson, Gelhardt, Foster...)

Moby

Dick
Like the look of that. Slightly worried about a Mane rest especially if Jota starts. I'd probably go for Zaha over Saka as well with a tasty fixture against Leeds.

Tight funds for me but I can do

DDG
Cancelo TAA Alonso Schar
Sterling Salah Mount Jota Zaha
Werner

with nothing on the bench (Johnson, Gelhardt, Foster...)
Looks solid. Yeah good point on Mane. I think Robertson + KDB feels a bit better than Laporte + Salah. Both Salah and KDB have similar chances of hauling except KDB is much lesser owned. Depends on how confident we can be that he starts. And Robertson of course has a higher ceiling over Laporte.

And yeah that Saka spot is flexible. I'd like a piece of the Arsenal attack though, that win at Stamford Bridge will put them on a high and they return to home against United who can't defend. Saka is likely on pens as well. Early kick off though. Leeds are well rested and have a lot more to play for as compared to Palace whose season is over, so they can turn up well.

Mount over Havertz is interesting. I think Havertz is more nailed given he got the rest, I doubt he doesnt start two in a row. But that's pretty much a coin toss.

paulscholes18

Bench boost would have been a great decision :( , Clean sheets from Sanchez & Cucurella, and a goal and clean sheet from Roberts and Toney. 32 points

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

It is insane how these cheap bench midfielders noone got outscore the popular picks in doubles.

Brownhill now and Guimares yesterday.

Fred was decent for us as well at times, but did not outscore Ronaldo or Bruno.

Brownhill on corners is pretty good though for his cost.

If Brownhill was a striker I would likely had him in my team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Current team:

Dubravka

Kane

I can either:

Option 1 –

Option 2 –

Option 3 –
Mount is tempting, but not sure martinelli and minus 4

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Mount is tempting, but not sure martinelli and minus 4
Think I'm gonna go the Raphinha and Weiggy to Mateta and Havertz route.

Sure Mateta isn't nailed but he usually comes on and I just need him for that GW36 fixtures. Otherwise, he's third on my bench.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
What cheap defender to replace Livramento (who isn't starting anymore) for GW 36 bench boost ?

Moby

Dick
Some thoughts if I do bottle the FH this GW (probably will) so give me some thoughts here FPL big bois @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore @sullydnl @others

Current Team:

Ramsdale
TAA, Robertson, James, Schar
Salah, Saka, Martinelli, Maddison, Kulu
Kane

Sanchez, Broja, Weghorst, Dalot
2.1 ITB 1FT

Having done with the BB some of that garbage on the bench needs to go. I am thinking Maddison mainly starts in Europe now, and if I use the FH in 36 can still get him in for the double. So can bin him. Other one I can bin is Kulu.

The big elephant in the room is Cancelo. Not owning him when he's certain to start vs Watford at home is scary. Can we ride without him?

So please pick the least shit move from the below options:

1) Maddison -> Havertz/Mount (free)
2) Schar/Dalot -> Alonso/Laporte (free)
3) Kane, Maddison, Kulu --> Werner, Sterling, Havertz for -8 (I like this, Sterling to Son next week but no Cancelo).
4) Schar, Maddison, Weghorst --> Cancelo, Havertz, 4.5 fwd for -8 (this is a safe option that covers EO, keeps Kane)
5) Schar, Maddison, Kulu, Weghorst --> Laporte, Mount, Havertz, 4.5 fwd for -12. Both chelsea mids and a city def.

Any other ideas?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Some thoughts if I do bottle the FH this GW (probably will) so give me some thoughts here FPL big bois @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore @sullydnl @others

Current Team:

Ramsdale
Kane

2.1 ITB 1FT

Having done with the BB some of that garbage on the bench needs to go. I am thinking Maddison mainly starts in Europe now, and if I use the FH in 36 can still get him in for the double. So can bin him. Other one I can bin is Kulu.

The big elephant in the room is Cancelo. Not owning him when he's certain to start vs Watford at home is scary. Can we ride without him?

3) Kane, Maddison, Kulu --> Werner, Sterling, Havertz for -8 (I like this, Sterling to Son next week but no Cancelo).
4) Schar, Maddison, Weghorst --> Cancelo, Havertz, 4.5 fwd for -8 (this is a safe option that covers EO, keeps Kane)
5) Schar, Maddison, Kulu, Weghorst --> Laporte, Mount, Havertz, 4.5 fwd for -12. Both chelsea mids and a city def.

Any other ideas?
I would go with option 1, 2 or 4.

Probably 4 as Cancelo is someone you want long term... And you also get Havertz whilst getting rid of some deadwood.

I been doing some maths on my FH.

Without: 80
If I kept my BUS team: 86
What I ended on: 69 (with Brownhill and Veltman laughing from my bench)

FML :mad:

Current Team:

Ramsdale
Kane

2.1 ITB 1FT

Any other ideas?
Not a fan of that size of minus, unless sure they'll make you reasonably set to season end.

Dias is back. Will Laporte play every game (rotate with Stones)?

Better seeing what others think as too much on in recent weeks and not being spending much attention on it. That and (as has been pointed out), I know Jack shit.

0161_UNITED

What a horrendous week! My track record of having the most sh*te BB continues!!

Lacazette (DGW) - 1 point due to “personal issues”. I suppose his personal issues had to do with being sh*te and f*cking my team over.
DeGea (DGW) - 1 pt. Well, I deserved that.
Rudiger -0 Groin
Havertz - 1 Teutonic “Pepped” me

My BB gave me a grand total of: De Gea, Rudiger, Andersen, and Antonio. Which was worth: 5 points. 7 DGW players and wasted a BB … 89 points all out. Just… so … Sh*te.

Probably 4 as Cancelo is someone you want long term... And you also get Havertz whilst getting rid of some deadwood.

All came down to having Ronnie and Salah, and captaining one

Did that and you get 50+ just from them alone. It wasn't down to making several bad choices, lots of people left Ronnie out.. and/or captained someone like Bruno. Reasonable decisions at the time, just hurt by gametime

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
All came down to having Ronnie and Salah, and captaining one

Did that and you get 50+ just from them alone. It wasn't down to making several bad choices, lots of people left Ronnie out.. and/or captained someone like Bruno. Reasonable decisions at the time, just hurt by gametime
Yeah I know. It's just that I was set going into the week with Ronaldo and Salah and then started reading that Salah might get rested so I went Kane. That really really hurts.

Made my transfers (no wiggle room so wouldn't be able to afford it if any prices changed). Raphinha and Weigy to Mateta and Havertz to line up with:

Dubravka
TAA, Cancelo, Matip, Rudiger
Salah, Havertz, Barnes, Saka, Kulusevski
Kane

Subs: Ramsdale, Mateta, Davies, Broja

I'll be back to complain later :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Current Team:

Ramsdale
Kane

2.1 ITB 1FT

Any other ideas?
If you'd FH in 36 instead then I'd go with #4. Logic being:

1) I think Havertz plays twice this week but only once in 36. But if 36 isn't an issue because of the FH then he's the priority this week as he's probably your best captain pick.

2) City double in either 36 or 37. If it's 36, you're covered by the FH. If it's 37, bringing in Cancelo now makes even more sense.

3) Spurs have poor double fixtures in 36. But if you're FHing that week then that's not an issue and keeping Kane/Kulu (rather than selling as in option #3) makes sense with their other fixtures being Brentford, Leicester, Burnley and Norwich.

Moby

Dick

If you'd FH in 36 instead then I'd go with #4. Logic being:

1) I think Havertz plays twice this week but only once in 36. But if 36 isn't an issue because of the FH then he's the priority this week as he's probably your best captain pick.

2) City double in either 36 or 37. If it's 36, you're covered by the FH. If it's 37, bringing in Cancelo now makes even more sense.

3) Spurs have poor double fixtures in 36. But if you're FHing that week then that's not an issue and keeping Kane/Kulu (rather than selling as in option #3) makes sense with their other fixtures being Brentford, Leicester, Burnley and Norwich.
Yeah I think 4th is the sensible option. Keeps Kane, Kulu and gets Cancelo and Havertz. Takes money out of bench. Just lacks the explosive option of a Sterling but I guess we have to prioritize. I also checked for next week and Schar after this week would be useless so better remove him. Just captain Kane in 35 then I guess. Cheers!

Not a fan of that size of minus, unless sure they'll make you reasonably set to season end.

Dias is back. Will Laporte play every game (rotate with Stones)?

Better seeing what others think as too much on in recent weeks and not being spending much attention on it. That and (as has been pointed out), I know Jack shit.
I have been fiddling with some -20s :lol: Think you have to be aggressive for this GW given Pool, City, Chelsea all have tasty fixtures.

Yeah if you didnt captain Ronnie or Salah it was an okayish FH. I bettered some who captained Ronnie on a FH with the BB and I feel good about getting it out of the way and a FH in 36 won't have to go against the big boys. But knowing this season it will end up as shit as well. :lol:

nickyboy1981

If that is your team, the FH looks a good shout this week... Especially if you transfer smartly into GW36

Yeah Wood will be a success with a goal and some appearance points. I've got him so I can facilitate my midfield.

If it weren't for Madison v Barnes, I would have had no headaches going into this week.
Appreciate the advice but I got smashed on good Friday and forgot to change my team! Somehow I managed 58 points beating 2nd and 3rd in my league by 4 points. :)

This is my team for the week:

Thoughts on captain? I'm torn between Salah, Kane, Mount and James.

For next week I want to swap out the 2 Newcastle for Dennis & Coutinho. I think that will give me all doubles for 36 when I can bb and fh 37.

Hopefully that should bring home the cash :)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Current Team:

Ramsdale
Kane

2.1 ITB 1FT

Any other ideas?
I would just get a Chelsea mid in for no hit. Tbh it's probably what I'm looking at as well but as part of a -4 because I don't own Salah.

I would prefer to get rid of Kulu but it needs to be one of Saka/Maddison if I want Salah and not Mane and like you said Leicester are clearly prioritising Europe now.

Triple City on your FH if you hold another week or two.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I'm still quite set on the FH this week personally though @Moby.

I've got the basis of a decent team for 36 already (Ramsdale, Cancelo, James, Robertson, Maddison, Saka, Kane even Gordon!) and would obviously add a City mid and a Liverpool mid to that (probably Foden and Salah). Would allow me to keep Watkins for 37 and bring in Coutinho.

I think the main thing is that Chelsea are going to switch off completely when top 3/4 is safe which takes the them off the table. Likewise if City or Liverpool have a slip or two (unlikely I know) before they double it throws a spanner into the works and the fact they play in Europe in midweek makes it easier to punt on the likes of Jota and Sterling as you pointed out before.

I'll sleep on it tonight and decide tomorrow. Tricky one. I'm one point behind now in one of my cash mini leagues so it's make or break for me.

Moby

Dick
I'm still quite set on the FH this week personally though @Moby.

I've got the basis of a decent team for 36 already (Ramsdale, Cancelo, James, Robertson, Maddison, Saka, Kane even Gordon!) and would obviously add a City mid and a Liverpool mid to that (probably Foden and Salah). Would allow me to keep Watkins for 37 and bring in Coutinho.

I think the main thing is that Chelsea are going to switch off completely when top 3/4 is safe which takes the them off the table. Likewise if City or Liverpool have a slip or two (unlikely I know) before they double it throws a spanner into the works and the fact they play in Europe in midweek makes it easier to punt on the likes of Jota and Sterling as you pointed out before.

I'll sleep on it tonight and decide tomorrow. Tricky one. I'm one point behind now in one of my cash mini leagues so it's make or break for me.
Exactly the same thought myself.

The transfer I was discussing yesterday here is a -8 that gets me Cancelo and Havertz. Cancelo is fine but I am not sure if I even want Havertz for the long term.

But the fact is FH34 vs FH36 is not too different in terms of how many hits I will take overall to get decent teams for either weeks.
For FH36, I take -8 now and then without any more transfers I have 11 doubles in 36.
For FH34, I need two -4s and have almost the same team in 36 as FH36.

So for me it is about which FH gives you a bigger upgrade from your base team in that GW. Which I think is more in FH34 because you gain a few lesser owned differential picks from strong teams who are likely to smash Everton and Watford at home, you don't commit to Chelsea long term who are anyway rotation prone and could have their season over soon. And you go all out on Chelsea now.

It's funny the two FHs I had I've used when Chelsea doubled, earlier in 28 and probably now in 34.

I can go with this and try to maximise returns from their doubles:

Dubravka
TAA, Cancelo, Laporte, Schar
Salah, Jota, Mount, Havertz, Sterling
Werner

or a bit more spread out
Dubravka
TAA, Cancelo, Laporte, James
Salah, Jota, Havertz, Saka, Sterling
Werner

or the ultimate differential No Salah draft
Dubravka
TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, Schar
KDB, Sterling, Jota, Mount, Havertz
Werner

Think those teams give more upside over say just getting KDB instead of Kane in 36 which is the max change I'll get out of a FH.

Think it's actually FH34 vs FH37. If City double drops in 37 then FH absolutely goes into that GW.

Last edited:

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Any chance De Bruyne rested ahead of the Madrid game? Tempted do a -4 to bring in Pukki and KDB for Kane for Odergaard

Moby

Dick
Any chance De Bruyne rested ahead of the Madrid game? Tempted do a -4 to bring in Pukki and KDB for Kane for Odergaard
He got subbed last game, so possibly starts but there's still a slight doubt. Both this and Madrid are home games, so no travelling means he could start.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How the flippery have I ended up with Doherty, Tierney and Rudiger and Holgate.
:lol:

1.2m to sort this mess out....

Ramsdale Dubravaka
TIERNEY DOHERTY RUDIGER Holgate TAA
Saka Ramsey Rapha Salah (c) Kulu
Kane Toney Wegy

What's the best play to 1)deal with defender issues, and 2)maximise doublers?

@Dirty Schwein @Moby and crew...