Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Zen

Alonso, Matip, Zinchenko and Ronaldo (C) - GOAT FH for me. Gutted I went with Gundy over Jesus though... but from 110k to 60k... massive. :wenger:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I don't trust Maddison to start this weekend so Bruno and Maddison to Mane and Coutinho (-4). Money in the bank for a City mid next week.

Ramsdale
James Robertson Cancelo
Coutinho (vc) Saka Mane Kulu
Kane (c) Watkins Weggy

Subs: Foster, Gordon, Schar, Amartey

Moby

Dick
Salah & Foden mate. Jota seems slightly out of favour in that front 3 now with Mane taking the #9 role of late. That said, there's a chance Foden gets a rest this weekend again. I want him for 36 though.
I haven't looked at much lately but that city double in 36 looks tight along with the cl game. Expecting a lot of rotation.

Also Liverpool subbed out both Mane and Dias but kept Salah till the end. This GW was the one where I always thought they will rotate because they have that dreaded Wednesday Evening - Saturday early KO - Tuesday evening fixture schedule. I have a suspicion Salah gets dropped. So thinking about Salah to KDB/Sterling/Son etc and getting Villa etc players elsewhere.

Also difficult on which mids to sell out of Saka, Kulu, Maddison and Martinelli. I feel like selling Maddison but seems mad selling before a double double.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I haven't looked at much lately but that city double in 36 looks tight along with the cl game. Expecting a lot of rotation.

Also Liverpool subbed out both Mane and Dias but kept Salah till the end. This GW was the one where I always thought they will rotate because they have that dreaded Wednesday Evening - Saturday early KO - Tuesday evening fixture schedule. I have a suspicion Salah gets dropped. So thinking about Salah to KDB/Sterling/Son etc and getting Villa etc players elsewhere.

Also difficult on which mids to sell out of Saka, Kulu, Maddison and Martinelli. I feel like selling Maddison but seems mad selling before a double double.
I know. I reluctantly got rid of Maddison but Leicester don't give a stuff about the league. He probably starts both if they get knocked out mind but a lot of Leicester itk's see massive rotation for them against Spurs this weekend. Can always bring him back if that's the case. Coutinho has a great home fixture this weekend followed by a double double.

People keep saying Salah will get a rest but I just don't see it with the league on the line. It's usually Salah, Jota and Mane (with Jota as the 9) or the new favourite combo which is Salah, Mane and Diaz (with Mane as the 9). Firmino seems to be the forgotten man as well.

City seem to have loads more options and can feasibly rotate and still thrash whoever they're playing. You'd expect Sterling, Grealish and Gundogan to start this weekend but likewise with the league on the line they can't go too whacky.

Son is as safe as houses but for me I don't want to triple up on Spurs again. If I didnt have Kane he'd be in my team.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes, surely they're not resting Salah in the league when they basically have the weakest ever semi opponent in europe with a 2-0 lead!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok lads, free hit in week 36, so just 1 transfer to do this week, ideally something that serves me well for a doubler for week 37.

Ramsdale Dubravka
James Rudiger TAA Holgate Doherty (injured)
Salah Saka Rapha Kulu Ramsey
Ronaldo Weigy Toney

1. Rudiger to Cash for free? I'll do a FH next week so no worries at losing a week 36 doubler, and Cash has great fixture this week, and good double 37
  2. Which 2 to play out of Ramsey (home v Norwich), Rapha (home v City), Toney (away to us). Thinking Toney benched at the moment?

Week 37 will probs be Ronaldo out for a Villa striker.

Dan_F

I really want to sack off James, even though he could have had about 30 points last night. Such a frustrating player.

One part of me thinks he’ll get a rest on Sunday, but the other thinks he’s got to start after playing like that against us.

Moby

Dick
I know. I reluctantly got rid of Maddison but Leicester don't give a stuff about the league. He probably starts both if they get knocked out mind but a lot of Leicester itk's see massive rotation for them against Spurs this weekend. Can always bring him back if that's the case. Coutinho has a great home fixture this weekend followed by a double double.

People keep saying Salah will get a rest but I just don't see it with the league on the line. It's usually Salah, Jota and Mane (with Jota as the 9) or the new favourite combo which is Salah, Mane and Diaz (with Mane as the 9). Firmino seems to be the forgotten man as well.

City seem to have loads more options and can feasibly rotate and still thrash whoever they're playing. You'd expect Sterling, Grealish and Gundogan to start this weekend but likewise with the league on the line they can't go too whacky.

Son is as safe as houses but for me I don't want to triple up on Spurs again. If I didnt have Kane he'd be in my team.
Yes, surely they're not resting Salah in the league when they basically have the weakest ever semi opponent in europe with a 2-0 lead!
True, when you guys put it that way resting Salah with the league on the line isn't something Klopp would do. Still, I guess I won't captain him.

Coutinho seems a no brainer with the next 4/5 fixtures - but I had him not long ago and the dude looked hopeless. Let's see.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
True, when you guys put it that way resting Salah with the league on the line isn't something Klopp would do. Still, I guess I won't captain him.

Coutinho seems a no brainer with the next 4/5 fixtures - but I had him not long ago and the dude looked hopeless. Let's see.
Salah is massively ahead in the fantasy scout captain poll. But clearly there's no guarantee that the people who vote are good players :) However, if they're keen enough to be paying a subscription, and voting by April, they're probably pretty invested players.

I might still go Ronaldo (c), as a big differential, and he's in great form.

Biggest question is whether it's Rudiger or James out for Cash.
I can bring whoever in on a FH next week, so there's no worries there. But there is a background risk that I have Doch injured and Holgate is a flimsy other option if I do remove the wrong Chelsea attribute.
No way to get Couty in my midfield this week. May rectify that for week 37 as it was a killer not having him in that big double he had.

Moby

Dick
Salah is massively ahead in the fantasy scout captain poll. But clearly there's no guarantee that the people who vote are good players :) However, if they're keen enough to be paying a subscription, and voting by April, they're probably pretty invested players.

Biggest question is whether it's Rudiger or James out for Cash.
I can bring whoever in on a FH next week, so there's no worries there. But there is a background risk that I have Doch injured and Holgate is a flimsy other option if I do remove the wrong Chelsea attribute.
No way to get Couty in my midfield this week. May rectify that for week 37 as it was a killer not having him in that big double he had.
Think try to keep chelsea defenders and remove duds for cash. I can do Schar to Cash and Maddison to coutinho think will be going that way.

Have to be mindful of getting too many villa/everton players given they are useless in 38.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Problem with those polls is that people vote based on who they've got in their teams, not necessarily the actual best captain. Everyone has Salah while Ronaldo is lowly owned.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think try to keep chelsea defenders and remove duds for cash. I can do Schar to Cash and Maddison to coutinho think will be going that way.

Have to be mindful of getting too many villa/everton players given they are useless in 38.
Could be a decent bet doing Doherty & Rapha to Cash and Gordon for Everton for -4. (Although that is not avoiding your last line :) )

Both double up in week 37 so potentially cover those points there. Takes deadweight Doherty out too, without losing a Chelsea defender for their decent last games.
Also leaves 1.3m to do some stuff late doors post FH next week.

Moby

Dick
Could be a decent bet doing Doherty & Rapha to Cash and Gordon for Everton for -4. (Although that is not avoiding your last line :) )

Both double up in week 37 so potentially cover those points there. Takes deadweight Doherty out too, without losing a Chelsea defender for their decent last games.
Also leaves 1.3m to do some stuff late doors post FH next week.
Yeah that sounds alright. Gordon is also fine as bench fodder for 38 as it doesn't take any funds away from the first 11.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah that sounds alright. Gordon is also fine as bench fodder for 38 as it doesn't take any funds away from the first 11.
Will probably look at this. Just know Holgate would suddenly lose his place, whichever of James or Rudiger that I didn't ditch would be benched, and I'd suddenly be left with 2 starting defenders despite just making a defender transfer otherwise :)

paulscholes18

Ok lads, free hit in week 36, so just 1 transfer to do this week, ideally something that serves me well for a doubler for week 37.

Ramsdale Dubravka
James Rudiger TAA Holgate Doherty (injured)
Salah Saka Rapha Kulu Ramsey
Ronaldo Weigy Toney

1. Rudiger to Cash for free? I'll do a FH next week so no worries at losing a week 36 doubler, and Cash has great fixture this week, and good double 37
  2. Which 2 to play out of Ramsey (home v Norwich), Rapha (home v City), Toney (away to us). Thinking Toney benched at the moment?

Week 37 will probs be Ronaldo out for a Villa striker.
1) Yes do Rudiger to Cash for free

2) I would bench Raphinha, we don't look like we know what a clean sheet is, can easily see Toney scoring.

Moby

Dick
Will probably look at this. Just know Holgate would suddenly lose his place, whichever of James or Rudiger that I didn't ditch would be benched, and I'd suddenly be left with 2 starting defenders despite just making a defender transfer otherwise :)
Exactly why there's no point of thinking too much. We all know what the outcome is gonna be. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've had my worst FPL season ever. Being beaten by a girl in my league who hasn't changed her team for about 15 weeks :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

So guys what is the feeling with City rotation?

Tempted to replace Bruno with one and captain them.

Is KDB getting rested soon or not? He has played so many games recently.

Or do we think he plays every single game?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Couty hasn't done jack for weeks now, but Norwich at home and then 2 weeks of doubles is big

Having another look at this, and it might be best to do James or Ruidger to Cash, and Rapha to Couty for -4

Three options really

1)Chelsea defender to Cash free
2)Doherty and Rapha to Cash and Gordon - 4
3)Chelsea defender and Rapha to Cash & Couty -4

For options 1 and 3, which Chelsea guy to remove, Rudiger or James? If either doesn't play this week, I'm down to relying on Holgate to be my 3rd defender.

Number 3 feels the highest ceiling option, and takes care of getting the Villa coverage for week 37 when I'm off free hit and want to cover the big threats. I would be blocked from bringing Watkins/Ings in though as I'll have my 3 Villa with Ramsey.

@Dirty Schwein @Cutch @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Ali Dia
and @Moby @Paul_Scholes18 what do you reckon to the revised take?
Anyone else dotting abooot too.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Couty hasn't done jack for weeks now, but Norwich at home and then 2 weeks of doubles is big

Having another look at this, and it might be best to do James or Ruidger to Cash, and Rapha to Couty for -4

Three options really

For options 1 and 3, which Chelsea guy to remove, Rudiger or James? If either doesn't play this week, I'm down to relying on Holgate to be my 3rd defender.

Number 3 feels the highest ceiling option, and takes care of getting the Villa coverage for week 37 when I'm off free hit and want to cover the big threats. I would be blocked from bringing Watkins/Ings in though as I'll have my 3 Villa with Ramsey.
Well option.2 is a no no because Gordon’s a twat, so 1 or 3.

With their run in and a six point lead to fourth (seven points really given GD), Chelsea can muck about with team for next three games?

I‘d go 3 personally though 50/50 on which defender to drop. If you put a gun to my head, I’d stick h with James as more likely to get attacking points?

Have you sorted my changes out yet? You are my assistant after all.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
I've had my worst FPL season ever. Being beaten by a girl in my league who hasn't changed her team for about 15 weeks :lol:
I'm having my second best, 43k right now(was 2k last year) but still 65 points behind the leader of my money league ffs. I don't know what's worse?

Also chasing the lead - kdb, cash and son in for Havertz, Cancelo and Salah for -8? My rival has 7/11 same players as me otherwise

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well option.2 is a no no because Gordon’s a twat, so 1 or 3.

With their run in and a six point lead to fourth (seven points really given GD), Chelsea can muck about with team for next three games?

I‘d go 3 personally though 50/50 on which defender to drop. If you put a gun to my head, I’d stick h with James as more likely to get attacking points?

Have you sorted my changes out yet? You are my assistant after all.
It's been a difficult year, but I'm joint 5th in my league, and can probably get 4th if I play it well here on in....and pay less out as im the league treasurer!

What's your team and options?

It's been a difficult year, but I'm joint 5th in my league, and can probably get 4th if I play it well here on in....and pay less out as im the league treasurer!

What's your team and options?
Sixth in mine, disgraceful, been top 3 every year til now. Still could so might have to take a punt/hit or two.

one tfr, £0.5m itb, FH and BB left. Need to make tfrs this week/next to get to a squad that can BB in 36. FH after, might go all in, just four teams players in gw38, all or nowt.

- Goalies, fine
- Defenders fine but rotation risk. Maybe James for a Villa defender? Will Laporte miss out?
- Mids. Could bin either Arsenal player
- Fwds. Keep two, bin Hwang

So it’s who to bin out of James (unless think another def should go), 1/2 Arse Mids and Hwang.

something like Laporte and Smith Rowe out, Coutinho/Mings in

or Saka and Hwang out, Coutinho/King in

(edit, or.. Saka/Laporte/Hwang out… Richarlison/Coutinho/Johnson (WH) in)

?

@Dirty Schwein @Moby

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sixth in mine, disgraceful, been top 3 every year til now. Still could so might have to take a punt/hit or two.

one tfr, £0.5m itb, FH and BB left. Need to make tfrs this week/next to get to a squad that can BB in 36. FH after, might go all in, just four teams players in gw38, all or nowt.

- Goalies, fine
- Defenders fine but rotation risk. Maybe James for a Villa defender? Will Laporte miss out?

So it’s who to bin out of James (unless think another def should go), 1/2 Arse Mids and Hwang.

?

@Dirty Schwein @Moby

Cash is someone who has the high capacity to haul. I'd probs be looking at him and Couty is poss.
Cover the high ceiling options.

Even we scored 3 v Norwich.

Moby

Dick

Three options really

I think 2 is a good option. I would think losing Chelsea defenders for Liv or City defenders can be ok but probably not for others.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think 2 is a good option. I would think losing Chelsea defenders for Liv or City defenders can be ok but probably not for others.
Villa have all these games, but Couty hasn't been hot for weeks, and I have Ramsey. And we all know about Watkins!

I like the idea of keeping double Chelsea defence, although always the risk of rotation, especially week 38!

Sod it, I need to sleep now, and off to Wycombe v Burton away tomorrow for 12.30 kick off, so will go number 2.

I'll still have 2 Villa this way!

Moby

Dick

- Goalies, fine

?

@Dirty Schwein @Moby

Definitely wouldn't sell Saka, Arteta has confirmed he's on pens as well so should hold him, his double in 36 is good as well. Hwang is probably your main issue, so probably get a forward who doubles in 36. Nketiah, Mateta, Pukki etc are there.

I think with that team I'd roll the FT. James is the only one a bit risky, rest of that back 5 probably gets clean sheets this week and front 5 is fine as well. Best to head into DGW36 with two FTs and get in the doublers.

Moby

Dick
Villa have all these games, but Couty hasn't been hot for weeks
The main argument I've seen is he is a lot more dangerous at home vs away, but then I see he has blanked at home a few times as well so same as you, not really confident even if I get him. For some reason it smells like a trap even with all these fixtures. I don't even have a FH left so for me it should be a no brainer..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The main argument I've seen is he is a lot more dangerous at home vs away, but then I see he has blanked at home a few times as well so same as you, not really confident even if I get him. For some reason it smells like a trap even with all these fixtures. I don't even have a FH left so for me it should be a no brainer..
Yep, I've gone the route 2. I was thinking it earlier with you, then looked elsewhere, but then came back to the original.
Your original gut instinct is often right with these things. And the big play is next week's free hit. That'll make or break the end of the season.

Other stuff may turn out better, but if you change your first plan and it would have been good, it's more annoying :)

Or some such guff, it's getting late :D

Moby

Dick
Where I'm at

Ramsdale
TAA, Robertson, James
Salah, Saka, Kulu, Maddison, Martinelli
Kane, Weghorst

Sanchez, Broja, Schar, Dalot
1 FT. 2.1 ITB

Which out of these? Or something else?
FT: Schar --> Cash
FT: Maddison --> Coutinho/Foden
FT: Weghorst --> Watkins
FT: James --> Cancelo
-4: Schar, Maddison --> Cash, Coutinho/Foden
-4: James, Maddison --> Cancelo, Coutinho/Foden
-4: Maddison, Weghorst --> Sterling, 4.5 fwd
-4: Schar, Weghorst --> Cash, Watkins
-8: Schar, Maddison, Weghorst --> Cancelo, Coutinho/Foden, 4.5 fwd

- Which mids to sell from those?
- Is Cancelo essential this GW?
- Dalot a decent option this GW?
- How good does Foden look for this GW?

@Sandikan @Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore @sullydnl etc

Moby

Dick
Yep, I've gone the route 2. I was thinking it earlier with you, then looked elsewhere, but then came back to the original.
Your original gut instinct is often right with these things. And the big play is next week's free hit. That'll make or break the end of the season.

Other stuff may turn out better, but if you change your first plan and it would have been good, it's more annoying :)

Or some such guff, it's getting late :D
There's also the factor of them having nothing to play for and of course Gerrard will roll over vs Liverpool (although you are covered there with the FH).

I think you have decent cover for Villa vs Nor in Cash and Ramsey, so can probably just come back after the FH and get him then if he looks good.

Watch a Coutinho 15 pointer coming in now :lol:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

Three options really

2)Doherty and Rapha to Cash and Number 3 feels the highest ceiling option, and takes care of getting the Villa coverage for week 37 when I'm off free hit and want to cover the big threats. I would be blocked from bringing Watkins/Ings in though as I'll have my 3 Villa with Ramsey.

I havnt got over Alonso v James rage last gameweek to offer any sort of rational advice at the minute. Perhaps in the morning

Definitely wouldn't sell Saka, Arteta has confirmed he's on pens as well so should hold him, his double in 36 is good as well. Hwang is probably your main issue, so probably get a forward who doubles in 36. Nketiah, Mateta, Pukki etc are there.

I think with that team I'd roll the FT. James is the only one a bit risky, rest of that back 5 probably gets clean sheets this week and front 5 is fine as well. Best to head into DGW36 with two FTs and get in the doublers.
It's just the Villa v Norwich fixture that (on paper) looks like could have some good points.

Where I'm at

Ramsdale
TAA, Robertson, James
Salah, Saka, Kulu, Maddison, Martinelli
Kane, Weghorst

Sanchez, Broja, Schar, Dalot
1 FT. 2.1 ITB

Which out of these? Or something else?
FT: Schar --> Cash
FT: Maddison --> Coutinho/Foden
FT: Weghorst --> Watkins
FT: James --> Cancelo
-4: Schar, Maddison --> Cash, Coutinho/Foden
-4: James, Maddison --> Cancelo, Coutinho/Foden
-4: Maddison, Weghorst --> Sterling, 4.5 fwd
-4: Schar, Weghorst --> Cash, Watkins
-8: Schar, Maddison, Weghorst --> Cancelo, Coutinho/Foden, 4.5 fwd

- Which mids to sell from those?
- Is Cancelo essential this GW?
- Dalot a decent option this GW?
- How good does Foden look for this GW?

@Sandikan @Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore @sullydnl etc
Schar to Cash.