Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Norris Cole

Thought Bowen looked sharp against Newcastle and could easily have had a couple of goals and assists. Would recommend if anyone looking for a 6.5M Midfielder

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
What day are price rises/falls usually made, and is there a good resource for tracking predicted rises/falls?
Don’t think it’s ever public but there are apparently prediction sites.

Ive been looking and appears they can go change 0.1m per day up to 0.3m in a game week.

https://www.livefpl.net/prices

This looks useful too (I didn’t know any of it). https://allaboutfpl.com/2021/07/fpl-price-changes-explained-fpl-guide/

(FPL statistics isn’t a secure site apparently)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Brentford beat arsenal but they were very shite to be honest. I think this is the last game they win this year. Toney might have to go. He is 4.4 so I dont know what difference it makes.
Has he gone down 2.1m in 3 days mate?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Only makes sense to wait if there are midweek games or internationals. Otherwise what's the difference in doing the transfer monday morning or Friday evening. Lost quite a lot of TV last season like this.
In the covid season it was absolute lunacy risking early week transfers

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Obafemi is likely to get price dropped in upcoming weeks to be fair. He has more than 10% ownership and that’s more than enough to get his price dropped if they start selling him.
Damn, I just transfered him in to replace Perrica. Are there any better options up front in that 4.5 group?

the_cliff

Anyone's guess.

I usually pick my captains in advance so I'm sticking with Salah.

Reason being that Anfield will be buzzing after lockdown and that should give him an edge.
Last couple of seasons it's been Mane that performs at home and Salah away. Although a packed out Anfield will definitely change things.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Last couple of seasons it's been Mane that performs at home and Salah away. Although a packed out Anfield will definitely change things.
Salah scored 15 at home and 4 away in 2019/20. Last year was a bit of an odd one with no crowds, so he ended up with 13 aways v 9 homes.
Mane scoring 7 away versus Salah's 4.

Mane scored 6 away and 5 home last season.

But generally it's the opposite of what you say. Salah is the man to back at home. Mane away.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
So I am shifting Watkins (7.5) out from my bench this week, as it seems likely he"ll miss another week, and planning to bring a new midfielder in and play 3-5-2 like I did this last week. Last week my midfield 5 was Bruno, Salah, Rafinha, Greenwood, and Smith Rowe. I was planning to drop Smith Rowe as they have Chelsea and with the Watkins money bring in someone good to play instead of ESR. The options I've been looking at are Mount (7.5), Barnes (7.0), Gundogan (7.5), Bernado (7.0) or Willock (6.0). My gut tells me Gundogan as City have a relatively easy game, and I am not sure if Bernando will play.

I scored 87pts in week 1. This is my first time playing. Any help would be appreciated.

My full team is:

Sanchez

Digne, Dias, Shaw

ESR, Bruno, Greenwood, Salah, Rafinha

Antonio Toney

Subs: Foster, Coufal, Watkins, Manquillo

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
So I am shifting Watkins (7.5) out from my bench this week, as it seems likely he"ll miss another week, and planning to bring a new midfielder in and play 3-5-2 like I did this last week. Last week my midfield 5 was Bruno, Salah, Rafinha, Greenwood, and Smith Rowe. I was planning to drop Smith Rowe as they have Chelsea and with the Watkins money bring in someone good to play instead of ESR. The options I've been looking at are Mount (7.5), Barnes (7.0), Gundogan (7.5), Bernado (7.0) or Willock (6.0). My gut tells me Gundogan as City have a relatively easy game, and I am not sure if Bernando will play.

I scored 87pts in week 1. This is my first time playing. Any help would be appreciated.

My full team is:

Sanchez

Digne, Dias, Shaw

ESR, Bruno, Greenwood, Salah, Rafinha

Antonio Toney

Subs: Foster, Coufal, Watkins, Manquillo
You would take a 4 point hit if you did two transfers in the same week. The limit is one a week for free and you can carry one over and have two the next week. But never more than two.

I don’t think that move would be worth the 4 point hit.

If I were you, I would replace Watkins with Wilson and just play him and drop ESR to the bench.

If you wanted to stick with Watkins, you could bring in Mbeumo for ESR, he was basically playing up front on Friday and could be worth a punt.

If you wanted to have two free transfers next week to do a double change, I would play Coufal and go 4-4-2 this week.

Maluco

No problem, it was just an opinion though! If you feel like you will make up the points after a hit, feel free to do it though.

If you made the double change and both players score/assist, you are quids in. I just wouldn’t have done it in your case because you only plan on playing one of the players. In that case, he has to do something just for you to make back the points you have spent.

If you were playing both and fancied them to score, a hit can be worth it.

RedMist99

Think I'm going to hold fire on transferring Obafemi for one of the Watford strikers. He doesn't look likely to lose value just yet and I'd like a bit more data available for potential 5.0 strikers that might be worthwhile. I can't be certain who will lead the lime for Watford yet either

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I still remember I used the wildcard after week 1 last year. Shit move. Didn’t want to make the same mistake again. I’m not even going to make a transfer till end of week 2 this year let alone use a wild card.

Maluco

I am actually tempted to do wildcard. I know it’s insane but I mocked up a team with Salah, Bruno, Son and Lukaku that I kind of like.

I should be happy with team I have, but I really like the look of it and fancy my punts in it.

Team looking good for this weekend though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I still remember I used the wildcard after week 1 last year. Shit move. Didn’t want to make the same mistake again. I’m not even going to make a transfer till end of week 2 this year let alone use a wild card.
Yeah unless you've put in an absolutely ludicrous effort with 6 or 7 injured or not playing, then you have to give your original picks a chance.

I've seen some midfields with Grealish, Mahrez, Havertz, Saka etc.
All blanked but all could explode this week.

Moby

Dick
Yeah unless you've put in an absolutely ludicrous effort with 6 or 7 injured or not playing, then you have to give your original picks a chance.

I've seen some midfields with Grealish, Mahrez, Havertz, Saka etc.
All blanked but all could explode this week.
Havertz will actually drop in price soon.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good to bank 0.2m early knockings.

Last year I remember losing 0.3m on Saliba over the first few weeks.
Choice of him and Holding, Saliba comes in for 27m, Holding rumoured to be off on loan, then Saliba doesn't even make the bench once, and Holding starts!

Probably should have used that as a warning about 4.5m Arsenal defenders :D

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nicolas Pepe price drops. :lol:
I'm sure we've all looked at him at least once and thought, hang on, 70 or so million, deffo will play for a "reasonably" strong Arsenal team (in context of the league as a whole).

But luckily most of us didn't risk it even once.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Good to bank 0.2m early knockings.

Last year I remember losing 0.3m on Saliba over the first few weeks.
Choice of him and Holding, Saliba comes in for 27m, Holding rumoured to be off on loan, then Saliba doesn't even make the bench once, and Holding starts!

Probably should have used that as a warning about 4.5m Arsenal defenders :D
Saliba … £27m, never plays. God bless Arsenal :) …. Barca lite

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Saliba … £27m, never plays. God bless Arsenal :) …. Barca lite
It does seem utterly baffling.
Yes you can buy players for the future, but when a week is a long time in football, and you're not exactly Man City for the spends, what were they thinking about?
He went on loan didn't he as well?

Then they buy a 50m man in his position the next summer!

This sounds almost identical to us with Dalot and Wan Bissaka in fairness! Just a bit cheaper a fee.
Bit at least Dalot got near the pitch occasionally.