g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Should I drop Lukaku for Fernandes? I'm thinking of keeping Lukaku because I feel like he can score against Arsenal on his debut but after looking up, seems like he has a terrible record against Arsenal. Getting Fernandes in means I also have to take a - 4 hit so I'd kind of prefer to wait till the subsequent gameweek so I have 2 free transfers. What do you guys think?
Lukaku is a flat track bully, he loves these poor teams.
I'm on Salah for now given its the first home game at Anfield with crowd in ages and those cnuts would be buzzing. Their attack looked very smooth first game and they would likely put on a show. Also felt with the crowds back home game advantage in GW1 was huge.

But yeah it's definitely a really tough one.
Right now (but not 100%), I’m Salah for pretty much these reasons. Think the COVID Super Spreaders will be up for it

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Benrahma hasn't risen yet but is about to, trying to decide whether to get him in before his rise, would mean Greenwood out but that would free funds for Lukaku
I wouldn’t make the change yet. You want to see what will happen with Lingard before getting in Benrahma. In case Lingard moves there you will have to make another change to replace Benrahma.
Firstly, Geenwood is playing in strike against a team that has at least one 9 goal thrashing in them per season.

Then, as @RDCR07 correctly states, JLingz might still be going to the Hammers so that'll mean Benrahma either gets shifted out wide or off to the bench, neither a great option.

Finally, as I said before, my nan could get a double digit haul against Newcastle. Benrahma didn't actually play that well in the match either. It's best to see how they look against a proper team, which you'll see against Leicester.

You also want Lukaku from GW7 onwards as he's a flat track bully and unlikely to get gangbuster numbers in the fixtures before then.

Just hold off mate.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I see Robertson is back in training. But I hope they rest him just for this Burnley game so I can use Tsimikas for this week. I got Coufal on the bench so he can come in for the next two weeks.

RedDevil@84

Sanchez
TAA Shaw Tsimi
Raphinha Greenwood Salah (V) Bruno (C) Barnes
Toney Antonio

Bench: Targett, Coufal, Obafemi in that order.

Neo_Mufc

When the fixtures turn and you had to pick one of Son or Lukaku who would you pick?
Son is tried and tested but I expect Lukaku to pick up a brace against all the weak teams that Chelsea play against.

When the fixtures turn and you had to pick one of Son or Lukaku who would you pick?
If Kane goes to City and Spurs keep playing Son up front, Son may turn out to be a good pick as more will go through him (and may be on pens). Lukaku will score goals and will have a lot of people assisting him but they may also mean the goals get shared around a bit.

Who knows though really? We’re all guessing.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Sanchez
Shaw Tsimikas TAA
Bruno (c) Salah Barnes Greenwood
Ings Toney DCL

Begovic Ayling Amartey Bissouma

Things I’m watching. Lingard might take Benrahamas place. Antonio or Bamford are probably better FPL asset than Ings. Antonio gets me .5 to use elsewhere. Will Greenwood keep playing up top/get rotated, if so I like Sarr or Trincao. I already like Raya instead of Sanchez for the cheap keeper but I’ll give it a few weeks. 3/4 more games to see if Toney will bang otherwise the money is going back into midfield. If he does happy days. My defence needs sorting out once Tsimikas and Amartey go back to the bench.

RDCR07

Very unlikely. Lukaku is in his prime and if in form, he will play almost all games at least in PL
At the beginning of the season definitely but once UCL kicks in and if they face weak opponents in the league I can see Tuchel resting him for Europe once in a while.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I've just made the one sub of Sarr for Barnes and will keep 2m in the bank. Might bring Lukaku after Chelsea toughie fixtures are done.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Hmmm... thinking should I bring in:

Greenwood (Soton/Wolves/Newcastle/West Ham) for Barnes (West Ham/Norwich/Man City/Brighton)?

I really want to but not sure if it's just a sideways transfer...?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Greenwood (Soton/Wolves/Newcastle/West Ham) for Barnes (West Ham/Norwich/Man City/Brighton)?

I'm planning to keep Greeny in for at least one more gameweek myself, to see if he gets shifted upfront and/or replaced when Sancho comes in.

RDCR07

I think Greenwood is better. He won’t get shifted out once Sancho starts. Martial and Cavani will switch up front and maybe Martial plays on the left but I think Greenwood is a pretty solid pick to play regularly till Rashford gets back. Plus our attack looks solid now. I’m not sure you can say that about Leicester. They might switch formations next game and start Nacho over Barnes.

But if you had a plan in mind beofre the start for week 3 and 4 then it’s not worth ripping up your plan to bring in Greenwood.

RedDevil@84

Greenwood till the international break and then we will see

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I think Greenwood is better. He won’t get shifted out once Sancho starts. Martial and Cavani will switch up front and maybe Martial plays on the left but I think Greenwood is a pretty solid pick to play regularly till Rashford gets back. Plus our attack looks solid now. I’m not sure you can say that about Leicester. They might switch formations next game and start Nacho over Barnes.

But if you had a plan in mind beofre the start for week 3 and 4 then it’s not worth ripping up your plan to bring in Greenwood.
That 7/7.5 spot was one I deliberated over a fair bit (mainly Barnes, Greenwood and Jota).

Once Tsimikas became an option, Jota fell out of the running as I now have 3 Liverpool players in Tsimikas, Salah and TAA.

That left a choice between Greenwood and Barnes. I went with Barnes because I wanted to hedge my bets a little (I already have Shaw and Bruno) but United looked so potent in attack and Barnes only got the expected 70 minutes...

So now I'm not sure how to move forward.

On one had I can keep Barnes, who has decent fixtures and saves me a transfer as well as 0.5 to upgrade Tsimikas once Robertson is back... or I get Grreenwood, who is playing in strike against a useless Soton, United looking strong also but it will mean I have 3 Liverpool and 3 United players...

RDCR07

That 7/7.5 spot was one I deliberated over a fair bit (mainly Barnes, Greenwood and Jota).

Once Tsimikas became an option, Jota fell out of the running as I now have 3 Liverpool players in Tsimikas, Salah and TAA.

That left a choice between Greenwood and Barnes. I went with Barnes because I wanted to hedge my bets a little (I already have Shaw and Bruno) but United looked so potent in attack and Barnes only got the expected 70 minutes...

So now I'm not sure how to move forward.

On one had I can keep Barnes, who has decent fixtures and saves me a transfer as well as 0.5 to upgrade Tsimikas once Robertson is back... or I get Grreenwood, who is playing in strike against a useless Soton, United looking strong also but it will mean I have 3 Liverpool and 3 United players...
It’s okay though having three Pool and United cause they are top teams and have easy-ish fixtures. It’s only for a couple of weeks. Tsimikas will drop out after next week. And maybe Shaw and Greenwood after week 6 cause of tough fixtures.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
It’s okay though having three Pool and United cause they are top teams and have easy-ish fixtures. It’s only for a couple of weeks. Tsimikas will drop out after next week. And maybe Shaw and Greenwood after week 6 cause of tough fixtures.
Thinking about it, I may just leave it. That 0.5 I saved was to easily move Tsimikas on and with Robertson already in training, it might be sooner than we think.

Indnyc

Sanchez
Shaw Tsimikas TAA Coufal
Bruno Salah Greenwood
Ings Toney Antonio

Steele, Smith Rowe, White, Gilmour

I have 1.0m ITB

I can do either
a) Coufal to Dias
b) White to Rudiger
c) ESR to Raphina
d) Bank the transfer

Not sure what to do.. I could also improve Coufal to Cresswell and have some money left over

RDCR07

Would you ever captain Son? I think Lukaku's a good captaincy option if you can get him in your team
Yes I would. Home games when I can’t captain Salah or Fernandes. Like next week for example if I had Son I would captain him.

RDCR07

Sanchez
Shaw Tsimikas TAA Coufal
Bruno Salah Greenwood
Ings Toney Antonio

I have 1.0m ITB

I can do either
a) Coufal to Dias
b) White to Rudiger
c) ESR to Raphina
d) Bank the transfer

Not sure what to do.. I could also improve Coufal to Cresswell and have some money left over
I would stay put and try and move Ings and bring in Son after week 3.

Schneiderman

Sanchez
Shaw Tsimikas TAA Coufal
Bruno Salah Greenwood
Ings Toney Antonio

I have 1.0m ITB

I can do either
a) Coufal to Dias
b) White to Rudiger
c) ESR to Raphina
d) Bank the transfer

D. C if you insist on using a transfer.

Some more Bruno stats:

I'm going Bruno because that Saints defence is suspect as feck and their manager isn't capable of shutting up shop. Bruno's hat-trick actually wasn't too dissimilar to Son's 4 goals at St. Mary's in GW2 last season. They're making the same kind of runs:

Same ground, same GW. History to repeat itself? :nervous:
Just to make the 55/45 Bruno pickers doubt themselves… :)

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Sanchez
Shaw Tsimikas TAA Coufal
Bruno Salah Greenwood
Ings Toney Antonio

I have 1.0m ITB

I can do either
a) Coufal to Dias
b) White to Rudiger
c) ESR to Raphina
d) Bank the transfer

I’d get rid of ESR asap because Odegaard is going to come in and take his minutes.

Sanchez
Shaw Tsimikas TAA Coufal
Bruno Salah Greenwood
Ings Toney Antonio

I have 1.0m ITB

I can do either
a) Coufal to Dias
b) White to Rudiger
c) ESR to Raphina
d) Bank the transfer

I’d probably hold. Dias is great and Rudiger is… … a footballer, but both teams have tough fixtures for a few Gws?

Else (c)

i m o

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think Salah C is more safe option than Bruno since Liverpool are playing in Anfield. Most people probably do the same and have the same view but if you want differential then go Bruno or someone else other than Salah.

Indnyc

I would stay put and try and move Ings and bring in Son after week 3.
D. C if you insist on using a transfer.
Thank you.. Will keep my transfer and see what happens the week after

I’d get rid of ESR asap because Odegaard is going to come in and take his minutes.
Yeah.. But i think i can wait this week before transferring him out.. Maybe move him + a striker for Son and a bench fodder

I’d probably hold. Dias is great and Rudiger is… … a footballer, but both teams have tough fixtures for a few Gws?

Else (c)

i m o
Dias for likely City clean sheet.. Rudiger is the only person i can trust to not be rotated as much by Chelsea..

I am holding on to the transfer.. I think

SteveCoppellFan

I will be going Bruno.

Liverpool first up, so will be hoping for a Salah blank and then freerolling with Bruno.

Salah hauls, then at least I live in hope Bruno can roughly match it.

Thank you.. Will keep my transfer and see what happens the week after

Yeah.. But i think i can wait this week before transferring him out.. Maybe move him + a striker for Son and a bench fodder

Dias for likely City clean sheet.. Rudiger is the only person i can trust to not be rotated as much by Chelsea..

I am holding on to the transfer.. I think
A very likely clean sheet and I had Dias from GW1 last season but your other defenders games look ok too? Are you dropping a United or Liverpool defender (v Southampton and Burnley?) or playing four defenders and dropping a MFer or Fwd?