Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
It does seem utterly baffling.
Yes you can buy players for the future, but when a week is a long time in football, and you're not exactly Man City for the spends, what were they thinking about?
He went on loan didn't he as well?

Then they buy a 50m man in his position the next summer!

This sounds almost identical to us with Dalot and Wan Bissaka in fairness! Just a bit cheaper a fee.
Bit at least Dalot got near the pitch occasionally.
If they’d played him, I could maybe understand it but basically spent a chunk, never played him then doubled down with stupidity by paying £50m for Ben fecking White :lol::lol:

I was in a taxi from station to ground on Saturday and sports show on radio said guy who covers transfers (Edu) went on holiday July?! Maybe the office trainee was left in charge and that could explain White.

D3V1L

If Williams moves to Norwich on loan, do we think he's a decent addition? Will he start regularly?

Could replace Tsimikas once Robertson is fit again

Schneiderman

If Williams moves to Norwich on loan, do we think he's a decent addition? Will he start regularly?

I don't seem him starting ahead of Giannoulis and he definitely won't be ahead of Aarons. I think he's coming in as first choice cover for either side. Unless Aarons leaves, but them rumours have died down and it'd be a weird replacement.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If they’d played him, I could maybe understand it but basically spent a chunk, never played him then doubled down with stupidity by paying £50m for Ben fecking White :lol::lol:

I was in a taxi from station to ground on Saturday and sports show on radio said guy who covers transfers (Edu) went on holiday July?! Maybe the office trainee was left in charge and that could explain White.
They should have gone for Dunk for half the price.
At least that'd sort out the high balls into their area.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Fairly average player going into a shockingly poor defence.
It doesn't scream opportunity, to me.

Chalk and cheese… Tsi is cheap and plays for a good (ish) team, Norwich aren’t that and their fixtures are grim.

If you’ve only got £4m, yes he’s an option but only as bench fodder

i m o

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Need to pick one from Coufal Ayling and ESR. Any help?
Ayling got the best fixtures longterm Coufal short term. I have both Ayling is cheaper but Coufal actually get assists hehe.

Last edited:
I grant that post a gentle :lol:
I’m looking at fixtures and players that look possibles but not sure I should change anything… sometimes do nothing is the right call.

Sanchez
TAA Tsimikas Shaw
Greenwood Bruno Salah Benrahma Rafina
Antonio Ings

Foster Amartey Cucho Digne

Definitely keeping the Liverpool players, Bruno, Shaw, Antonio, Benrahma, Sanchez - fixtures over next 5-7 games and form.

Think Digne is fine, fixtures good and no clean sheet was only down to Keane doing his best Ben White impression

No point changing Foster or Amartey.

That leaves Rafina (great fixtures in next ten), Ings (two good games then nightmare), Cucho & Greenwood. Just wonder if Cavani, Sancho & Martial ( :nono:) will reduce Greenwood’s minutes… or the fact that he’s so good means he keeps his place

I’m in no rush for Chelsea players (yet), Spurs maybe….

Leave it alone?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’m looking at fixtures and players that look possibles but not sure I should change anything… sometimes do nothing is the right call.

Sanchez
TAA Tsimikas Shaw
Antonio Ings

Definitely keeping the Liverpool players, Bruno, Shaw, Antonio, Benrahma, Sanchez - fixtures over next 5-7 games and form.

Think Digne is fine, fixtures good and no clean sheet was only down to Keane doing his best Ben White impression

That leaves Rafina (great fixtures in next ten), Ings (two good games then nightmare), Cucho & Greenwood. Just wonder if Cavani, Sancho & Martial ( :nono:) will reduce Greenwood’s minutes… or the fact that he’s so good means he keeps his place

Leave it alone?
It'd be madness to touch it this week - you have a very similar set up to me.

Save 2 for next week, when Greenwood may start to be in danger of losing his guaranteed start.
May also need to do something with his value and say switch to Grealish & Willock or something.

It'd be madness to touch it this week - you have a very similar set up to me.

Save 2 for next week, when Greenwood may start to be in danger of losing his guaranteed start.
May also need to do something with his value and say switch to Grealish & Willock or something.
Ta. Just got itchy fingers (it’s like my meth rehab all over again) because I’m used to my FF needing changes and it’s quite a novelty that it could be fine to GW4.

But I’m following some expert advice I was given (1) stick to your plan (2) FF is not real, you can pick Liverpool players.

”must… not…. touch… FF….. team!”

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Wondering if Varane will be starting against Southampton
I wouldn’t bet on it no. I think Sancho and Varane will be afforded a few weeks bedding in time behind the scenes. Probably after the international break is the first time they will start together. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Sancho come off the bench again in the next match.

Skills

Snitch
Salah @ Liverpool Vs Burnley

1 goal 2 assists in 4 starts + 2 sub appearances

Liverpool's last 2 home games against Burnley have been 1-0 loss and 1-1 draw.

Bruno has 2 goals 3 assists in 3 games Vs Southampton

Only played 1 away game against Southampton but got an assist.

Anything worth reading into for you guys or is the sample size too small.

RedDevilPure

Should I drop Lukaku for Fernandes? I'm thinking of keeping Lukaku because I feel like he can score against Arsenal on his debut but after looking up, seems like he has a terrible record against Arsenal. Getting Fernandes in means I also have to take a - 4 hit so I'd kind of prefer to wait till the subsequent gameweek so I have 2 free transfers. What do you guys think?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Salah @ Liverpool Vs Burnley

1 goal 2 assists in 4 starts + 2 sub appearances

Liverpool's last 2 home games against Burnley have been 1-0 loss and 1-1 draw.

Bruno has 2 goals 3 assists in 3 games Vs Southampton

Only played 1 away game against Southampton but got an assist.

Anything worth reading into for you guys or is the sample size too small.
Some more Bruno stats:

I'm going Bruno because that Saints defence is suspect as feck and their manager isn't capable of shutting up shop. Bruno's hat-trick actually wasn't too dissimilar to Son's 4 goals at St. Mary's in GW2 last season. They're making the same kind of runs:

Same ground, same GW. History to repeat itself? :nervous:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Salah v Bruno this weekend is a massive conundrum for sure.

Salah has the dreaded first game of gameweek thing going on. A lot of us hate captaining in that game as if it doesn't go well there's potential to stew on the rest of the weekend! Even worse if it's your own team's player that is punishing you.

United lashed Southampton 9-0 last year. But people forget there was a red card about 2mins in, which was such a freak occurrence and totally killed the game.

Salah is often very hot against poor teams at home, and last year's defeat v Burnley was surely more down to having no defence/injuries and just a freakish season as a whole.

So to conclude, erm...not sure yet!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Salah has the dreaded first game of gameweek thing going on. A lot of us hate captaining in that game as if it doesn't go well there's potential to stew on the rest of the weekend! Even worse if it's your own team's player that is punishing you.

United lashed Southampton 9-0 last year. But people forget there was a red card about 2mins in, which was such a freak occurrence and totally killed the game.

Salah is often very hot against poor teams at home, and last year's defeat v Burnley was surely more down to having no defence/injuries and just a freakish season as a whole.

I really can't make up my mind.

I usually pick my Captain in advance so to not let the previous game cloud my judgement.

Salah at a buzzing Anfield could go parabolic and Burnley do get a few massive hammerings every season.

However, the stats above from @Samid have got my mind brain thinking overtime...

I think it'll be a late call.

In the end, I may go for Bruno as I'd rather cheer on him than Salah.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Sanchez
TAA Tsimikas Shaw
Antonio Ings

Leave it alone?
Absolutely no need to touch that team. Take 2 transfers into GW3.

Skills

Snitch

I usually pick my Captain in advance so to not let the previous game cloud my judgement.

Salah at a buzzing Anfield could go parabolic and Burnley do get a few massive hammerings every season.

However, the stats above from @Samid have got my mind brain thinking overtime...

Yeah but if Salah bangs them in and Bruno/United blanks you'll be double miserable :(

Moby

Dick

I'm on Salah for now given its the first home game at Anfield with crowd in ages and those cnuts would be buzzing. Their attack looked very smooth first game and they would likely put on a show. Also felt with the crowds back home game advantage in GW1 was huge.

But yeah it's definitely a really tough one.

Adcuth

Tempted to throw the TC on one of them me

Moby

Dick
I think it's important to get a second look on teams. West ham looked great. Both Antonio and Benrahma have risen in price. But was it just Newcastle? Same for us really. We know how reckless Leeds are plus OT was crazy. But at the same time we are still missing key players in attack and it could be a bit toothless without someone like Cavani.

Think Salah is the safest bet for now.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

I think it's important to get a second look on teams. West ham looked great. Both Antonio and Benrahma have risen in price. But was it just Newcastle? Same for us really. We know how reckless Leeds are plus OT was crazy. But at the same time we are still missing key players in attack and it could be a bit toothless without someone like Cavani.

Think Salah is the safest bet for now.
Benrahma hasn't risen yet but is about to, trying to decide whether to get him in before his rise, would mean Greenwood out but that would free funds for Lukaku

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Benrahma hasn't risen yet but is about to, trying to decide whether to get him in before his rise, would mean Greenwood out but that would free funds for Lukaku
I wouldn’t make the change yet. You want to see what will happen with Lingard before getting in Benrahma. In case Lingard moves there you will have to make another change to replace Benrahma.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Salah I think has scored only 1 goal in the last 7 games against Burnley. Fernandes is playing against a weak So’ton team who’ve lost Ings and Vestegaard. I think I go Fernandes especially after the start he has had.

Wayne's World

Sancho in this week to replace Barnes, I'm hoping he'll get a start at the weekend and don't see him being out of the team after that bar injuries