g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 21/22

RedMist99

Looks like Dennis' price going up tonight so I'm gonna get him in instead of Obafemi. Would rather not transfer in week 2 but I think this is quite important. Obafemi's value will surely drop in the coming weeks

Indnyc

A very likely clean sheet and I had Dias from GW1 last season but your other defenders games look ok too? Are you dropping a United or Liverpool defender (v Southampton and Burnley?) or playing four defenders and dropping a MFer or Fwd?
Playing 4-3-3 this week with ESR, White, and Gilmour on bench

I can upgrade Coufal to Dias to basically have much higher chance of clean sheet though less attacking potential

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Looks like Dennis' price going up tonight so I'm gonna get him in instead of Obafemi. Would rather not transfer in week 2 but I think this is quite important. Obafemi's value will surely drop in the coming weeks
As far as I can see it might only be Alonso and Benrahma. Not Dennis yet.

Maxii

Paad
Losing value on a player this early kills me. Iheanacho looks ready to drop tonight and so tempted to transfer but I’d have to take a hit to get someone like DCL in. And missed the boat on Richarlison as he’s 7.6 now.

I’m happy with keeping Iheanacho as I think he’ll feature more than last week and I have enough cover in the squad but the 0.1 lost will hurt :lol:

RedDevil@84

I need to pick a 4.5M forward for bench fodder. I started out with Perica, but he is gone. Can someone suggest the player who is likely to play some part in the campaign.

Zeqiri (BHA), Richardson (BUR), Street (CRY), Greenwood (LEE), Obafemi (SOU), Scarlett (TOT)

Maxii

Paad
I need to pick a 4.5M forward for bench fodder. I started out with Perica, but he is gone. Can someone suggest the player who is likely to play some part in the campaign.

Zeqiri (BHA), Richardson (BUR), Street (CRY), Greenwood (LEE), Obafemi (SOU), Scarlett (TOT)
None of them will feature, the point of a 4.5m forward is to basically cut your squad to 14 players and use the money elsewhere. I have Perica too and he has the added benefit of not being able to lose value as he has been sold

RDCR07

Hope so as that will take me up to £100.4m. One more rise will be very useful (didn’t realise about the importance of these £0.1m’s until this year… can make a difference?)
Yes but unless those individual players rise up another 0.1m you won’t be able to add that 0.1 to your budget.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
You won't have seen any increase yet though? Your players only receive 0.1 for every 0.2 gained and no players has gone up that much yet
Ahhhh, gotcha now. Didn’t know that - add to the list of FF stuff I don’t get. Ta

(edit. So is the positive of £0.1m rises that at least you don’t go down in budget? Which would hurt?)

RDCR07

Lost me. Are you saying £0.4m is useless as they go up in £0.5m jumps? If so, got that.
No. Let’s say you own a player who goes up 0.1 example is Antonio. You don’t get that 0.1 added to your budget unless he goes up by 0.2. So it doesn’t matter if you own 5 players who all go up by 0.1. You still won’t get that money added to your budget unless they go up by 0.2.

Not sure if I made sense. A 7.5 player will need to go up to 7.7 for 0.1 to get added to your budget. A 7.5 player going up to 7.6 isn’t going to add anything.

Neo_Mufc

If Lukaku scores against Arsenal would it be a bad strategy to have one 11.5m forward and two 4.5m deadwood benchers?

Neo_Mufc

As long as you can distribute the risks with in form midfielders/defenders.
Yeh I think I'd have solid options in midfield. The only worry is the dreaded injury or player being dropped. Last thing you want is playing with 10 men.

Red Star One

Isn’t it better to have two mid range forwards who are most likely going to get 10-15 goals each than one expensive one who gets 20 goals and fodder?

I guess it depends on the midfield
It’s also a matter of captaincy - Rom with a goal in a 2-0 Chelsea win grabs 6-7 points, Salah with a goal in a 2-0 Liverpool win will often take 10-11. Premium strikes I only find good when they’re a serious captain option week in week out, like Kane back in the day, where pretty much every game he’d deliver more than a goal, Aguero few years back or Suarez even earlier.

RedDevilPure

I've decided to keep the same team and then drop Lukaku for next gameweek so I get two free transfers. Big risk though as Lukaku has a terrible record against Arsenal.

ROFLUTION

Wait with Lukaku imo. Could be underwhelming as he was for United and his fixtures except Arsenal are not that good yet. Will be in 5-6 gws though. But moving around your team for an 11.5 Lukaky that maybe hits it off is too much in my book. Son has 3 good games and is 10 for example.

No. Let’s say you own a player who goes up 0.1 example is Antonio. You don’t get that 0.1 added to your budget unless he goes up by 0.2. So it doesn’t matter if you own 5 players who all go up by 0.1. You still won’t get that money added to your budget unless they go up by 0.2.

Not sure if I made sense. A 7.5 player will need to go up to 7.7 for 0.1 to get added to your budget. A 7.5 player going up to 7.6 isn’t going to add anything.
Follow up.

I see theres been a few drops (incl Kane) like Ian Nacho. Do his owners see the drop?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I've made my move for GW2 already by swapping Pepe out for Raphinha but are now planning a week ahead already as my defence will not be good then. I expect Amartey to not start anymore, and Tsimikas will be out at latest after GW3 so I will need to replace him too, and I'm not entirely convinced about White - would prefer to have Tierney. I can make some money saving moves after BB last weekend but it will take me a couple of weeks to do that. Right now I am at

Sanchez Pickford
TAA Shaw White Tsimikas Amartey
Bruno Mahrez Jota Greenwood Raphinha
Antonio Wilson Toney

My planned moves are:

White -> Tierney
Amartey -> Ayling
Pickford -> 4.0m fodder
Mahrez -> Benrahma/Sarr
Antonio/Wilson -> Lukaku

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I had chalobah, benrahma, and Fernandes as captain, 3 star players. I needed there points though as I had aubameyang, ziyech and Robertson who didn’t play.

Yes. If it drops even 0.1 you lose that 0.1 from your budget. It is bullshit yes.
I (now) understand the rules but don't see why they only give rise benefit in 0.2 increments but falls in 0.1.

If you've been wise enough to pick a player ahead of the masses OR picked one who doesn't perform, get the benefit as well as the penalty?

Extreme example... you have 15 players that rise in value 0.1... gets you nothing? You have 2 players that rise 0.2, you get a (slightly) increased budget?

I had chalobah, benrahma, and Fernandes as captain, 3 star players. I needed there points though as I had aubameyang, ziyech and Robertson who didn’t play.
Well done on the first three but why pick Robertson when injured well before first game? He's training now but probably GW4 when back.

Same with Ziyech who got injured in Super Cup game?

Baxter

White is coming out of my team but looking to save the transfer just now.

I’ve Ayling and Amartey on the bench.

Not sure who to go with. Leaning towards Ayling.

I can make some money saving moves after BB last weekend but it will take me a couple of weeks to do that. Right now I am at

Sanchez Pickford
TAA Shaw White Tsimikas Amartey
Bruno Mahrez Jota Greenwood Raphinha
Antonio Wilson Toney

My planned moves are:

White -> Tierney
Amartey -> Ayling
Pickford -> 4.0m fodder
Mahrez -> Benrahma/Sarr
Antonio/Wilson -> Lukaku
Curious to understand the bold bit (pls).

Those planned transfers, over how many weeks are you talking? Are you taking hits?

And the last tfr, do you mean Lukaku + fodder? (two players put, one in?)

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Well done on the first three but why pick Robertson when injured well before first game? He's training now but probably GW4 when back.

Same with Ziyech who got injured in Super Cup game?
I just honestly forgot to change them before the first week. Any idea when ziyech will be back so I know wether to take him out completely?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Curious to understand the bold bit (pls).

Those planned transfers, over how many weeks are you talking? Are you taking hits?

And the last tfr, do you mean Lukaku + fodder? (two players put, one in?)
I plan to do 1 transfer a week, no need to do more than that and take hits as looking at my players I will be able to field a very decent team during that time. I already have two 4.0 defenders who won’t play after GW3 so it’s not like I have loads of needless cash tied into expensive assets that won’t play.

Nope, once I have downgraded Pickford and Mahrez I will be able to upgrade Antonio or Wilson to Lukaku, unless there are significant rises in price.

I would be looking at a team of:

Sanchez 4.0
TAA Shaw White Ayling 4.0
Bruno Greenwood Jota Raphinha Sarr
Lukaku Toney Antonio/Wilson

0.5m in the bank which basically ensures that I will have sufficient funds to do all these moves at planned dates. If there are no price rises in the meantime I could take Tierney for White but I am pretty sure Sarr is going to be 6.1 soon and there will be other unfavorable changes.

352 this week

ederson
awb - dias - Cresswell
dallas - Fernandes - salah - souceck - buendia
ings - toney​

bench
dunk
guiatia
Coady
vydra

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Salah v Bruno this weekend is a massive conundrum for sure.

Salah has the dreaded first game of gameweek thing going on. A lot of us hate captaining in that game as if it doesn't go well there's potential to stew on the rest of the weekend! Even worse if it's your own team's player that is punishing you.

United lashed Southampton 9-0 last year. But people forget there was a red card about 2mins in, which was such a freak occurrence and totally killed the game.

Salah is often very hot against poor teams at home, and last year's defeat v Burnley was surely more down to having no defence/injuries and just a freakish season as a whole.

So to conclude, erm...not sure yet!
Bruno for me. Saints have weak defence and they lost best defender. Burnley will park the bus.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Wait, what? Sorry now for stupid question; you have squad worth 100mil and zero in the bank. Sone player gets 0.2 raise. You get that 0.1 straight in the bank? Without selling him?

RedDevil@84

Sticking to captain Bruno for this week. I think Burnley will be a nuisance for Pool. Sou'ton is almost relegation fodder after losing Vestergaard.