Fantasy Premier League 21/22

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Antonio doesn't need to come out with him missing the next game does he? Arent his fixtures decent after his ban? I can bring Dennis in for a game and save a FT
Not bad.

Leeds, Brentford, Everton, Spurs, Villa.
Except he won’t play every league game now that the Europa league is starting. I will keep him till Brentford and then cash in.

RDCR07

Damn...i brought Bamford in last night because i thought Toney would drop
I fecking hate that website. It pissed me off cause they have been so wrong this year. Last night Ronaldo, Gray, Pogba and Marcal were all above 106. Yet only Gray went up. Same with the players who were supposed to have dropped in price.

Maxii

Paad
I fecking hate that website. It pissed me off cause they have been so wrong this year. Last night Ronaldo, Gray and Marcal were all above 106. Yet only Gray went up. Same with the players who were supposed to have dropped in price.
It’s good if you just take it as an indicator, it’s never going to be fully correct

RDCR07

It’s good if you just take it as an indicator, it’s never going to be fully correct
It was so much more accurate last year. If a player is just at or just above 100 I understand if his price doesn’t rise but above 106 and 107 and it still doesn’t rise?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It was so much more accurate last year. If a player is just at or just above 100 I understand if his price doesn’t rise but above 106 and 107 and it still doesn’t rise?
It usually takes until about GW7/8 to start getting more accurate and is a lot more accurate from around December, which makes sense as that's when most casuals just stop playing. Until then, you have so many people activating WCs so it's impossible for it to be totally correct.

RDCR07

It usually takes until about GW7/8 to start getting more accurate and is a lot more accurate from around December, which makes sense as that's when most casuals just stop playing. Until then, you have so many people activating WCs so it's impossible for it to be totally correct.
Ah gotcha. I’m going to stop making transfers early in the week then at least for now.

Moby

Dick
FPL Twitter - No need for both Ronaldo and Lukaku, loads of mid priced forwards available.

Meanwhile Antonio/Wilson/DCL/Bamford: Hold my beer...

Nickosaur

FPL Twitter - No need for both Ronaldo and Lukaku, loads of mid priced forwards available.

Seriously tempted to go with Lukaku, Ronaldo and someone like Eduoard.
But then it leaves me with Salah + WHUmid/Wolves mid/Gray or Gallagher/4.5
Quite a few gambles in a midfield like that. And a nightmare on who out of Salah/Lukaku/Ronaldo to captain each week!

Adcuth

Edouard is deffo coming in for me. He'll get a few decent returns i reckon

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Edouard is deffo coming in for me. He'll get a few decent returns i reckon
Not against Liverpool though surely.

Jiminez is the only viable budget guy left with solid fixture run. Used my free transfer to bring in Bamford for Antonio last night before everyone jumped on. Silly really! I was going to go 4 at the back with Duffy and white and Bamford Ronaldo up front. May have to do the same but take -4 DCL to Jiminez. Got to have at least 2 strikers. No point taking a -8 to get lukaku with those fixtures

Adcuth

Not against Liverpool though surely.

Jiminez is the only viable budget guy left with solid fixture run. Used my free transfer to bring in Bamford for Antonio last night before everyone jumped on. Silly really! I was going to go 4 at the back with Duffy and white and Bamford Ronaldo up front. May have to do the same but take -4 DCL to Jiminez. Got to have at least 2 strikers. No point taking a -8 to get lukaku with those fixtures
Nah, maybe after that game. Jota will need to come out. Bring him and Dennis out for Edouard and a 6.5 mid. Benrahma is a possibility, maybe double up on Everton for a few weeks as I've got Gray already.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ah gotcha. I’m going to stop making transfers early in the week then at least for now.
You can still use it as an indicator though. If it says Bamford is on 100.7% then even if he doesn't go up that night, he is likely to by the end of the week.

I've done fecked up though. Went against my usual rules and got in Bamford for Toney as I feared Toney would drop again. Now Bambam could be injured :(

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
You can still use it as an indicator though. If it says Bamford is on 100.7% then even if he doesn't go up that night, he is likely to by the end of the week.

I've done fecked up though. Went against my usual rules and got in Bamford for Toney as I feared Toney would drop again. Now Bambam could be injured :(
You just know It’s going to be another DCL style shitshow. Yellow player and you leave him in.

Doesn’t play and out for 3 weeks :lol:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Except he won’t play every league game now that the Europa league is starting. I will keep him till Brentford and then cash in.
Who else do they have to play upfront though? I can't see them prioritising the first Europa groups over Premier League games. If he is ever rested I'd expect it more likely to be in the europa games or subbed off as soon as there's a comfortable lead

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

And that's just one week. They'll be a week when Ronaldo and Lukaku both blank and everyone shits the bed again because some scrub from Burnley scored a brace.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm staying calm. I made the Bamford move because I feel DCLs price will drop very soon. I feel like Lukaku + Ronaldo would be nice but the cost of balance to the rest of the team is too heavy. I'd have to sacrifice a James - Cancelo - Shaw defence, and 2 out of those 3 tend to regularly clock clean sheets.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If you do transfers in a GW, can you use your Wildcard and Will transfers reset?
What do you mean by reset? WC and making transfers mean you can lock them in and then do as many as you want without a penalty. But be careful - say you have Greenwood worth 7.7, sell him to buy Jota and 2 days later you want Greenwood back, you will need to buy him back at 7.8. Be careful with that, I fecked up twice and lost 0.2m :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Put some respeK on Brownhill's name mate.
:lol: The knee jerking from week to week makes me laugh though. Everyone wants Hwang or Edouard now. Hadn't even heard of them before last weekend.

That said Conor Gallagher is definitely on my watch list though a 4th mid. Seemingly Palace's best player so far this season.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
What do you mean by reset? WC and making transfers mean you can lock them in and then do as many as you want without a penalty. But be careful - say you have Greenwood worth 7.7, sell him to buy Jota and 2 days later you want Greenwood back, you will need to buy him back at 7.8. Be careful with that, I fecked up twice and lost 0.2m :lol:
Example… you make two transfers today and take a -4

… then think on Thursday “I need to do more” so consider WC. Will that cancel the -4?

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Quite pleased with my Wild Card so far. I've been quite astute in using it to select players who are due to increase in value and then come Friday I will make a final revision on my team.

The reason/logic behind selecting those likely to increase in value initially is:

- If I have them in my squad now then it means I have them at the cheaper price should I wish to have them at the end of the transfer window.
- If I just selected the primary team I wanted on Saturday and then decide I want Torres, Jota, gray and Laporte on Friday. I would need to find 0.4 elsewhere to add those players.

Prior to using my wild card I'd say my value was just above 100. This is mainly due to losing alot of squad value through Iheanacho and also other players such as White.

I've also got rid of two of my post priced assets (in terms of value increase) with the WC in Antonio and Benhrama, so after using WC my squad was around 0.4 worse off in value than before.

I calculate my overall squad value to now be about 101 million which isn't bad after GW4. However whether or not it stays at that by the end of my WC really depends on the final team I select.

Hoping for further price increases on Ronaldo/Marcal/Williams to maybe push it higher.

I know squad value isn't everything but it does give you a slight upper hand as the game progresses. And the wild card is one of the few scenarios where you can boost it significantly.

Adcuth

Example… you make two transfers today and take a -4

… then think on Thursday “I need to do more” so consider WC. Will that cancel the -4?
Wild card makes all changes for that game week free, including ones already made. Any hits don't actually come off until the game week has finished.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Opinions on squad would be appreciated:

Ramsdale/Guiatia
Matip/Laporte/Rudiger/Williams/Marcal
Jota/Pogba/Greenwood/Gray/Kovacic
Edouard/Ronaldo/Lukaku

GK - Both have relatively favourable fixtures for the foreseeable and when one has a tougher game, the other tends to have an easy one. Two of best options for 4.5. Sanchez is another but has had easier fixtures so far, so not as good long term prospect. Plus hasn't made a load of saves so far either.

Def - Obviously TAA would be nice but not sure if he's worth the price at the expense of others. Slight concerns over Laporte long term game time. Also slight concerns on City/Chelsea fixtures for next 3-4 weeks. However both teams have already had some challenging games and kept clean sheets.

Mf - Game time could be a concern for some of the players. Pep rotation with Torres. Jota gametime when Bobby returns. Greenwood/Pogba gametime when other United players return/perform well.

FW - Well not much to say here. Would struggle to get a better front 3 and I think Édouard could have a big season.

The main debates for me right now are:

- Do I have too many Che/Liv/City/MU players. A Chelsea v MU game would have 6 involved.
- Should I be trying to get TAA/Salah in at the expense of weakening other areas.
- Pep roulette
- Can I be confident that Pogba and Greenwood will keep their starting positions as Ole has alot of players to keep happy.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions in changes you'd make then please let me know. :)

Edit: I should mention that I have 0.7 in the bank still. So could hypothetically go:

Laporte > TAA
Jota > someone 1.3 million less for example

Nickosaur

Ramsdale/Guiatia
Edouard/Ronaldo/Lukaku

GK - Both have relatively favourable fixtures for the foreseeable and when one has a tougher game, the other tends to have an easy one. Two of best options for 4.5. Sanchez is another but has had easier fixtures so far, so not as good long term prospect. Plus hasn't made a load of saves so far either.

Def - Obviously TAA would be nice but not sure if he's worth the price at the expense of others. Slight concerns over Laporte long term game time. Also slight concerns on City/Chelsea fixtures for next 3-4 weeks. However both teams have already had some challenging games and kept clean sheets.

Mf - Game time could be a concern for some of the players. Pep rotation with Torres. Jota gametime when Bobby returns. Greenwood/Pogba gametime when other United players return/perform well.

FW - Well not much to say here. Would struggle to get a better front 3 and I think Édouard could have a big season.

- Do I have too many Che/Liv/City/MU players. A Chelsea v MU game would have 6 involved.
- Should I be trying to get TAA/Salah in at the expense of weakening other areas.
- Pep roulette
- Can I be confident that Pogba and Greenwood will keep their starting positions as Ole has alot of players to keep happy.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions in changes you'd make then please let me know. :)

Edit: I should mention that I have 0.7 in the bank still. So could hypothetically go:

Laporte > TAA
No Salah and TAA will see you slide down the rankings, no matter how hard you try to justify it.

TommyGunn

Supports
Liverpool

Ramsdale/Guiatia
Edouard/Ronaldo/Lukaku

- Pep roulette

Laporte > TAA
I think everyone should have TAA. He looks expensive for a defender but the points he generates are better than most premium midfielders. For example, TAA currently has more points the Fernandes, even though he's 4mil cheaper. As Carra and Neville pointed out last night, he's created more chances than any other players in the league so far, and creating a chance is all he can do, it's up to the attacker to put the chance away after that. He's an absolute must have imo

tovi

Im contemplating taking a -4 ( and save the wildcard) to get in Gray and Ronaldo. But am I bonkers for sacrificing Bruno ( and DCL)for that?
And will Ole actually rotate Ronaldo ? Am i better of with Lukaku over Ronaldo?