Fantasy Premier League 22/23

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
3 bonus from Dalot on a yellow. May well just keep him around and hope to get my 0.1 back soon. Will be a good option in 7, 8 and 10.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Pleased with 5 points for Malacia, feel like i should have taken Dalot over him who looks to have more responsibility going forward than Malacia does, none the less a cheap option returning good points though!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's certainly some mad value in utd defenders right now.
Dalot and Martinez at 4.4? Can't remember if Malachia is the same or 4.5 but not much odds!

saik

What do people make of these changes for the coming game weeks? Looking at transferring out James, Odegaard and Rodrigo as they are doubtful due to injuries and TAA and Salah because they have not been worth their values. Do I go ahead with this team or just grind it out for this weekend and hope James and Odegaard are back to being fit soon?

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Cheers, been a tough start really ever since the Darwin sending off and playing catch up. Needs some luck in the next few weeks.

Quality gw for you there!
Ha! I did switch to Jesus as captain, but had to get back with Haaland

This coming week, only trade is Ward for Sanchez. I'm a bit worried the Man Utd boys having a few recent clean sheets might give me trouble with Jesus and Martinelli.
Sticking with Haaland as captain. Got a feeling he will do another 45 min hat-trick.

Moby

Dick
Sticking with Haaland as captain.

It's already obvious but there is definitely a massive directive to make Haaland score every single goal in that team which just seems scary. That third goal vs Forest, Bernardo should have directly headed Cancelo's cross into goal, but he completely ignored that and headed it back towards Haaland. Basically every minute he's on the pitch he's just gonna be bombarded with chances non stop. Easy permacap.

But that just makes me think about a No Salah WC. Having a 13m asset you aren't gonna captain most weeks seems wrong and pointless.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Im going to captain haaland which means might he not score or worse get rested or get a cameo role.

BE WARNED.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Pleased with 5 points for Malacia, feel like i should have taken Dalot over him who looks to have more responsibility going forward than Malacia does, none the less a cheap option returning good points though!
Ive had dalot on the bench for the last two games. I only bought him because he was cheap :mad:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Having watched Leicester yesterday I decided to bring Trossard and Estupinan in already as both could do well against them next weekend and I wanted them anyway. The issue is my team is way too deep now and I'm struggling to leave someone on bench even for next week

Ramsdale Ward
TAA Cancelo James Estupinan Neco
Kulusevski Diaz Martinelli Trossard Aaronson
Haaland Jesus Toney

Too early to use bench boost for sure, I was thinking about banking on Arsenal not scoring at OT and leaving Neco and both Arsenal attackers on the bench but our defense is really not all that despite two clean sheets... Aaronson at Brentford is not a super easy fixture either but he's such a nice differential.

Bristol_Red_87

Too early to use bench boost for sure, I was thinking about banking on Arsenal not scoring at OT and leaving Neco and both Arsenal attackers on the bench but our defense is really not all that despite two clean sheets... Aaronson at Brentford is not a super easy fixture either but he's such a nice differential.
Whilst I appreciate he's merely a cheap bench option, you've surely got to be taking a punt on Nico @ home to Bournemouth?!

Great underlying attacking stats against a side who haven't scored in over 360 minutes (albeit with some incredibly tough fixtures).

It's possibly the only time he'll (intentionally) get in my side and there's potential he'll be in my squad all season!!

With all this said, Bournemouth will go on to win 3-0.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Whilst I appreciate he's merely a cheap bench option, you've surely got to be taking a punt on Nico @ home to Bournemouth?!

Great underlying attacking stats against a side who haven't scored in over 360 minutes (albeit with some incredibly tough fixtures).

It's possibly the only time he'll (intentionally) get in my side and there's potential he'll be in my squad all season!!

With all this said, Bournemouth will go on to win 3-0.
I was considering him but all my other options look better… I basically have a squad of 14 players with good games now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hmm Salah vs Everton as a sure hit or Haaland and punt hes not rested. A tricky one.

I'm fine with C on Haaland if I know for sure he's not popping on for the last 15 vs Villa :lol: If Pep rests him I'd rather he just rested him for the 90 obviously!

saik

What do people make of these changes for the coming game weeks? Looking at transferring out James, Odegaard and Rodrigo as they are doubtful due to injuries and TAA and Salah because they have not been worth their values. Do I go ahead with this team or just grind it out for this weekend and hope James and Odegaard are back to being fit soon?
Any advice guys? Not sure if I should use the wildcard or not

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Any advice guys? Not sure if I should use the wildcard or not
I'm not sure how much I would bank on Chelsea's defence this season tbh. They seem leaky and the only player of theirs I would go for is Sterling currently.

I'm in a similar situation with Zinchenko and Rodrigo knocking about the squad. I've also still got Saka>Martinelli which is annoying. I've got 2 free transfers so thinking Martinelli>Saka and then Perisic>Zinchenko given Spurs fixture. Will need to wait on shifting Rodrigo though.

saik

I think I'd still have Salah on a WC. Bit too soon to bin him. Maybe after Darwin returns and starts banging most goals we can do that.
Is using a wildcard a good idea then? Or should I rather wait and hope James and Odegaard are fit for this weekend and use the 1 free transfer to take out Rodrigo? :lol:

saik

I'm not sure how much I would bank on Chelsea's defence this season tbh. They seem leaky and the only player of theirs I would go for is Sterling currently.

I'm in a similar situation with Zinchenko and Rodrigo knocking about the squad. I've also still got Saka>Martinelli which is annoying. I've got 2 free transfers so thinking Martinelli>Saka and then Perisic>Zinchenko given Spurs fixture. Will need to wait on shifting Rodrigo though.
4.4m on Fofana looked crazy value to me. He is going to be more or less starting a lot of their games.

The only one I had previously was James but looks like there is no clarity if he is available to play this weekend so looking at using wildcard to do some transfers.

HairyBack23

4.4m on Fofana looked crazy value to me. He is going to be more or less starting a lot of their games.

The only one I had previously was James but looks like there is no clarity if he is available to play this weekend so looking at using wildcard to do some transfers.
Reece James had a cold. No reason to get rid.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Hmm Salah vs Everton as a sure hit or Haaland and punt hes not rested. A tricky one.
Salah is done as an FPL option…. I know he just got 10 points, but for 13 (THIRTEEN) million he isn’t good enough anymore.

Diaz is the goal scorer of the Liverpool mids now and soon Darwin will be back.

With how he and Liverpool are playing, I can’t see Salah getting a single hat trick this season for example, whereas in previous seasons he could get one in any game.

He’s done at that price.

Last edited:

saik

Reece James had a cold. No reason to get rid.
Hmm. Is he pretty much nailed on to be back in the team for the weekend then? Also, he will still be at CB I presume?

I'm just confused on what to do. I dont think it's a good idea to have 3 Arsenal attackers in team against United and TAA has been useless for far too many games. Too many transfers and I don't want to take a -4 point hit when I just had my best point haul this season.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Hmm. Is he pretty much nailed on to be back in the team for the weekend then? Also, he will still be at CB I presume?

I'm just confused on what to do. I dont think it's a good idea to have 3 Arsenal attackers in team against United and TAA has been useless for far too many games. Too many transfers and I don't want to take a -4 point hit when I just had my best point haul this season.
Didn’t he JUST bring you 17 points!!?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

I think you should take them both out. What could possibly go wrong?

Tarrou

I reckon there's a decent chance Haaland gets rested this weekend

away to Sevilla on Tuesday and then Spurs next weekend

HairyBack23

They bought Fofana so Reece James will obviously go back to his natural position, whether it's this weekend who knows. I'll be keeping him all season anyway, he's great value.

Trent scored 17 points a week ago and getting rid is madness. Another I'll be keeping for the season, again great value.

You're thinking too short term and wanting to knee jerk for one GW. Considering taking hits and playing the WC after your best week says it all, stop trying to undo your good work haha.