Fantasy Premier League 22/23

RedDevil@84

Keep Bilva, or bring in GroB, or someone else? Can go up to 7.1m

If Bilva did miss out, I'd be between Andreas or Saliba deputising.
Keep Bilva I guess.

And I wouldn''t be so sure about the bolded part. Pep is notorious for giving few mins, to piss off the FPL owners, even in most pointless of games. So good luck getting points from bench.

Moby

Dick
Not WCing this GW but would appreciate some help on choosing one of these moves @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore @ooeat0meoo @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson and anyone else. Thanks!

Bus team:
Ramsdale
Trent, Cucu, Walker, Neco
Salah, Martinelli, Kulusevski
Jesus, Haaland, Toney

1.1m ITB.

Subs: Ward, Andreas, Patterson, Rodrigo

Options:
1. Patterson to Trippier. Bench Walker or Neco (I prefer benching Walker).
2. Walker to Trippier. Saves money and let's me get say Zaha next week. Especially if I am dropping Walker to bench this GW and he's playing Spurs next GW.
3. Rodrigo to Zaha/Gross/Trossard/Leeds Mid/MGW. Bench Neco/Walker. Then move Walker to Trippier next GW.
4. Roll with that bus team.

I personally prefer 1 or roll. I think keeping Walker can be useful in case of injuries instead of leaving the defensive subs completely bottom of the barrel. But not against 2 either to be a bit proactive (depends on how confident I am for starting Neco over Walker). For 3 not sure which option to pick and there's a lot of room of going wrong there. Trippier will be a long term hold.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Not WCing this GW but would appreciate some help on choosing one of these moves @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore @ooeat0meoo @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson and anyone else. Thanks!

Bus team:
Ramsdale
Jesus, Haaland, Toney

1.1m ITB.

Options:
2. Walker to Trippier. Saves money and let's me get say Zaha next week. Especially if I am dropping Walker to bench this GW and he's playing Spurs next GW.
3. Rodrigo to Zaha/Gross/Trossard/Leeds Mid/MGW. Bench Neco/Walker. Then move Walker to Trippier next GW.

I personally prefer 1 or roll. I think keeping Walker can be useful in case of injuries instead of leaving the defensive subs completely bottom of the barrel. But not against 2 either to be a bit proactive (depends on how confident I am for starting Neco over Walker). For 3 not sure which option to pick and there's a lot of room of going wrong there. Trippier will be a long term hold.
1 or 3. Amazed you haven't got Zaha already what with being his cheerleader.

Not sure why want to bin/bench Walker.

Shouldn't lose too much if make "wrong" decision with WC so close.

(Edit. "Bus team" always makes me laugh. Like "if I get hit by a bus, I might be paralysed or killed but at least my FPL team is in good order for next GW. Phew!"

Moby

Dick
1 or 3. Amazed you haven't got Zaha already what with being his cheerleader.

Not sure why want to bin/bench Walker.

Shouldn't lose too much if make "wrong" decision with WC so close.

(Edit. "Bus team" always makes me laugh. Like "if I get hit by a bus, I might be paralysed or killed but at least my FPL team is in good order for next GW. Phew!"
:lol:

Well I have a bad habit of not listening to myself and paying for it. Zaha has been great but you have to look at the GW and the best option, and it's quite close but I like Trips. Nailed on, set pieces, attacking from open play, new shiny striker to aim at, decent CS odds. Both are great FPL options and ones we'll need very soon with big 4 rotation coming into play.

I agree about not replacing Walker. It's a risky move to save money mainly but he can easily be useful as a squad player and it's mainly this GW only where Neco has a shout for starting over him.

Who would be your preference to replace Rodrigo?

:lol:

Well I have a bad habit of not listening to myself and paying for it. Zaha has been great but you have to look at the GW and the best option, and it's quite close but I like Trips. Nailed on, set pieces, attacking from open play, new shiny striker to aim at, decent CS odds. Both are great FPL options and ones we'll need very soon with big 4 rotation coming into play.

I agree about not replacing Walker. It's a risky move to save money mainly but he can easily be useful as a squad player and it's mainly this GW only where Neco has a shout for starting over him.

Who would be your preference to replace Rodrigo?
Think if Cancelo is pushing, Pep likes Walker as creates a back 3.

Out of that lot.. Gross?

Moby

Dick
Out of that lot.. Gross?
That lot is indeed fecking gross.

Yeah, watching Leicester yesterday they look like a bottom 3 team in the league and have little time to recover vs a fresh Brighton at home who anyway play like maniacs. But then, it's that team where everyone will pick Gross and Trossard only to watch a Mwepu brace. Trips seems much less of a headache than figuring out these bunch of cuntseagulls.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Bus team:
Ramsdale
Jesus, Haaland, Toney

1.1m ITB.

Options:

That's a pickle and a half.
Rodrigo might be out a month, so that probably has to be your priority to sort unless you plan a wildcard very soon.

I have Trippier and think he's a beast of an option but why the keeness to ship a playing City defender? City are just starting to purr.

Moby

Dick
0.1m short and he has tough games doesn't he?
With him it's more about his current stats which are great (better than template darling Martinelli despite playing in a worse attack with worse fixtures) but yeah, the immediate fixtures are tricky. But then it's Zaha who usually turns up in trickier fixtures as he has done already (and United at home for them is a game they will target, esp. Zaha). Just a case about going with hot form over slightly tricky fixtures.

Moby

Dick
That's a pickle and a half.
Rodrigo might be out a month, so that probably has to be your priority to sort unless you plan a wildcard very soon.

I have Trippier and think he's a beast of an option but why the keeness to ship a playing City defender? City are just starting to purr.
Yeah, not that keen to ship Walker out as such. Can just do with benching him this GW.

I do plan on WCing in coming weeks - well it can be any week really from now when I feel like because there's no real fixture swing to target. Rodrigo will go out this GW or next, and I don't care much about the price drop as I got him pretty early. So need to decide on which to target now, Trips or someone like Zaha or Gross/Trossard. Personally feel I want Trips for longer term so just get him sooner as he's got such a haul potential and can drop one anytime.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, not that keen to ship Walker out as such. Can just do with benching him this GW.

I do plan on WCing in coming weeks - well it can be any week really from now when I feel like because there's no real fixture swing to target. Rodrigo will go out this GW or next, and I don't care much about the price drop as I got him pretty early. So need to decide on which to target now, Trips or someone like Zaha or Gross/Trossard. Personally feel I want Trips for longer term so just get him sooner as he's got such a haul potential and can drop one anytime.
Yep.
I think we're starting to see the benefit of the big defenders.
TAA 17 the other game, Cancelo unlucky for no bonus for 12, Trippier has already scored 1 and got a few clean sheets. James has scored 1 and should be back to his proper position soon.

I also have Saliba to add to those 4, but am monitoring United's cheapo defenders in case any of the big 4 need to go to beef mid or attack up later on.

I do plan on WCing in coming weeks - well it can be any week really from now when I feel like because there's no real fixture swing to target.
Arsenal go Spurs, Liverpool, Leeds, City from GW9

Liverpool go Chelsea, Brighton, Arsenal, City from GW8

City go from United, S’ton, Liverpool, Arsenal from GW9

United go City, Everton, Newc, Spurs from GW9

Spurs go Arsenal, Brighton, Everton, United from GW9

6 week FPL fixture difficulty has Liverpool 18th, Spurs 16th, Arsenal 13th, United 12th, City 11th. None in “best top ten” fixtures when their ability would normally see them much higher even with average fixtures.

Moby

Dick
Arsenal go Spurs, Liverpool, Leeds, City from GW9

Liverpool go Chelsea, Brighton, Arsenal, City from GW8

City go from United, S’ton, Liverpool, Arsenal from GW9

United go City, Everton, Newc, Spurs from GW9

Spurs go Arsenal, Brighton, Everton, United from GW9

6 week FPL fixture difficulty has Liverpool 18th, Spurs 16th, Arsenal 13th, United 12th, City 11th. None in “best top ten” fixtures when their ability would normally see them much higher even with average fixtures.
Yeah GW9 is the popular pick and my pick as well if nothing blows up in the meantime but we aren't really gonna massively jump off those teams despite the fixtures.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just noticed Bilva may well move up to 7m tonight.
Will probably just keep, and dip into the bench if he does get rotated. Or suck up his 2 pointer.
But like someone else said, with City you can still get a goal / assist from an attacker off the bench.

Yeah GW9 is the popular pick and my pick as well if nothing blows up in the meantime but we aren't really gonna massively jump off those teams despite the fixtures.
Especially when the teams with the “easiest” fixtures per that site are Bournemouth, Brentford, Leicester, Forest, Leeds.

May see a couple more ‘non top 6’ picks from GW9, then put top players back in using FTs over the next 2-3 weeks.

Tibs

Thinking of adding in Sancho for Rodrigo

and Fulham have two tough games coming up so Mitro out and Isak in…thoughts?

Dan_F

Would it be fair today Gros stats would be quite inflated after the two goals against us? Trying to decide who’s the better option out of him and Trossard.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Would it be fair today Gros stats would be quite inflated after the two goals against us? Trying to decide who’s the better option out of him and Trossard.
Trossard played on wing when welbeck started.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I have three Arsenal attackers (Odegaard, Martinelli and Jesus), i just cannot play them all as a United fan. Which one do i drop in favour of starting Malacia!? :lol:(bold for added attention as quite an important issue, Malacia is the only United player i have at the moment and i have faith in a clean sheet)
Thinking of adding in Sancho for Rodrigo

and Fulham have two tough games coming up so Mitro out and Isak in…thoughts?
Im reserving judgment on Isak until ive seen him play some more, but i almost brought him in this GW but opted for Toney. I prefer his fixtures and can always take Toney back out for Isak. I Took Diaz out, stuck with Salah for abit longer and strengthened my back up options.

saik

I have three Arsenal attackers (Odegaard, Martinelli and Jesus), i just cannot play them all as a United fan. Which one do i drop in favour of starting Malacia!? :lol:
Im reserving judgment on Isak until ive seen him play some more, but i almost brought him in this GW but opted for Toney. I prefer his fixtures and can always take Toney back out for Isak. I Took Diaz out, stuck with Salah for abit longer and strengthened my back up options.
Odegaard I guess. He was a doubt for our match so possibly they won't risk him.