Fantasy Premier League 22/23

redcucumber

Leaning towards a Haaland - Martial - Nunez frontline. Midfield feels like a massive crapshoot at the moment.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Balls. True enough. Back to the drawing board for now..
I can do:

Ward
Cancelo, James, Trippier
Martinelli, Salah, Rashford, Almiron
Haaland, Mitrovic, Kane

Subs: Iversen, Andreas, Patterson, Bueno

0.1 left over

But not sure this is good enough.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I can do:

Ward
Cancelo, James, Trippier
Haaland, Mitrovic, Kane

0.1 left over

Nothing stands out as “wrong” with that. There’ll always be decisions that work/don’t work (that’s hindsight) but if you go in with a decent team on paper, you’ll have a chance.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Nothing stands out as “wrong” with that. There’ll always be decisions that work/don’t work (that’s hindsight) but if you go in with a decent team on paper, you’ll have a chance.
My worry is the template. I'm a fair bit behind and with a team like this, I'll probably never move up.

BootsyCollins

Team right now :
Pope (Ward)
Trippier-White-Dalot (Robertson, Nico)
Maddison-Martinelli-Almiron-KDB (Andreas)
Haaland-Darwin-Martial

0.3 in the bank. Dont like having Robertson on the bench, but with Dalot not sure it might be good.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
My worry is the template. I'm a fair bit behind and with a team like this, I'll probably never move up.
Maybe but there’s variances in the templates too… maybe 6 or 7 core then rest are from a pot of 20.

Your call, that team should keep you solid and could see you steadily move up (there’s a lot of games to go) or make a couple of big calls and gamble.

My nature is to gamble (been gambling/betting all my life) but I’ll play it safe(ish) for first few weeks then see how it goes.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Maybe but there’s variances in the templates too… maybe 6 or 7 core then rest are from a pot of 20.

Your call, that team should keep you solid and could see you steadily move up (there’s a lot of games to go) or make a couple of big calls and gamble.

My nature is to gamble (been gambling/betting all my life) but I’ll play it safe(ish) for first few weeks then see how it goes.
Yeah I guess and it also gives me flexibility (like switching Salah to KDB for the double).

Withnail

I can do:

Ward
Cancelo, James, Trippier
Haaland, Mitrovic, Kane

0.1 left over

I'm fairly similar but can't trust Liverpool just yet.

Ward
Cancelo Trippier Dalot
Martinelli KDB Rashford Almiron
Halaand Kane Martial
Subs: Raya Andreas White Amartey

I've 0.1 too

EDIT: Feck I've just seen Dalot is a doubt.

redcucumber

Why do people on here have Dalot over Shaw? I get that Shaw has competition with Malacia, but he's generally a reliable creator as well as being cheaper (all be it only 0.1).

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm fairly similar but can't trust Liverpool just yet.

Ward
Cancelo Trippier Dalot
Martinelli KDB Rashford Almiron
Halaand Kane Martial
Subs: Raya Andreas White Amartey

I've 0.1 too

EDIT: Feck I've just seen Dalot is a doubt.
I went Salah as I need the differential and he weirdly is that.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Why do people on here have Dalot over Shaw? I get that Shaw has competition with Malacia, but he's generally a reliable creator as well as being cheaper (all be it only 0.1).
And fit.

On this at the moment....

Kepa / Ward
Robertson / Cancelo / Trippier / White / Bueno
Salah / Rashford / Almiron / Martinelli / Andreas
Haaland / Darwin / Mitro

£1.5m in the bank. I will probably gamble on Mount instead of Martinelli as well due to fixtures and the earlier double.

Putting a lot of faith in Liverpool starting out strong which might be unwise.

By the time the Spurs & City double happens I'll probably do Salah & Mitro > Foden & Kane. Got bang on the money for it now if I do go down the Mount route. I might also turn White into Perraud actually as I'm unlikely to play him much in the next few weeks and the buffer would be nice.

So yeah more likely this...

Kepa / Ward
Robertson / Cancelo / Trippier / Perraud / Bueno
Salah / Rashford / Almiron / Mount / Andreas
Haaland / Darwin / Mitro

ROFLUTION

Zaha or Mount for the first two games? (becomes Maddison for me in gw19)

Zaha: Fulham Home, Bournemouth Away. On pens.
Mount: Bournemouth Home, Forest Away. On corners + pens if Jorginho isn't on field (He probably is)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Zaha or Mount for the first two games? (becomes Maddison for me in gw19)

Zaha: Fulham Home, Bournemouth Away. On pens.
Mount: Bournemouth Home, Forest Away. On corners + pens if Jorginho isn't on field (He probably is)
Tough one. Zaha is a known troll and they're just the sort of fixtures he'll blank in. Mount and Chelsea haven't looked very good. Not sure why you'd take Mount out though in 19 when he has a potential double (assuming he plays both) albeit with one against City.

ROFLUTION

Tough one. Zaha is a known troll and they're just the sort of fixtures he'll blank in. Mount and Chelsea haven't looked very good. Not sure why you'd take Mount out though in 19 when he has a potential double (assuming he plays both) albeit with one against City.
Cheers. Then again everything goes against Zaha, so it's hard to decide. I want Maddison for 19+20 so I'm switching either of them for him in my masterplan.

I'm actually so bored that I made a photoshopped plan of my transfers and fielded squad for the next four GWs :lol: This mania of FPL has taken new standards for me

Skills

Snitch
Kepa Ward
White James Cancelo Trippier Dalot
Martinelli Foden Rashford Bruno Almiron
Nketiah Darwin Haaland

Thoughts?

0161_UNITED

I've gone for now with:
Kepa Ward
Cancelo Saliba Trippier Fofana Botman
Foden Salah Martinelli Rashford Almiron
Haaland Darwin Martial

Pretty chuffed with that. A couple of punts that might pay off, but even with rotations and risks - that team should weather the restart of the season and the sub options are all solid.

redcucumber

12 vs 2 bonus. Dalot has a higher baseline BPS.
Does previous bonus point score have any influence on potential future scores? Shaw has played 4 or 5 less games than Dalot so he's had less game time through which to accumulate bonus points.

ROFLUTION

No love for Wilson or Toney on here…?
Just realized Toney is a bad shout. He’s accused of betting on a whopping 236 occasions. He has until january 4th to defend himself, and his good fixtures start after that. trippier got 10 weeks of ban in 2020 for having betted, so Toney is definitely in for it. Staying clear for now, but Wilson is a decent shout either in GW18 or from GW20 and on

Pickle85

I've gone for now with:
Kepa Ward
Haaland Darwin Martial

Pretty chuffed with that. A couple of punts that might pay off, but even with rotations and risks - that team should weather the restart of the season and the sub options are all solid.
Looks solid and makes me want to ditch Kane for Darwin. One thing: I just got rid of fofana for Shaw because I thought fofana is still injured?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I've gone for now with:
Kepa Ward
Haaland Darwin Martial

Saliba is a yellow away from a suspension. Go Gabriel. Who is cheaper and bigger goal threat.

0161_UNITED

Looks solid and makes me want to ditch Kane for Darwin. One thing: I just got rid of fofana for Shaw because I thought fofana is still injured?
I read online that Fofana has returned to training for Chelsea, but he's by no means nailed IMO - I consider it's a high reward/low risk punt. I've seen quite a few online folks thinking it's a sneaky pickup - but who knows what Chelsea actually looks like under Potter? Maybe Chelsea insiders will chime in, but at 4.3 that's a value gamble I can't pass up. Hopefully, with my bench I can weather the storm if he's not nailed. It's not a huge deal to drop down and transfer in that Wolves defender at 3.8 or whatever if the punt goes sidewise, IMO.

0161_UNITED

Saliba is a yellow away from a suspension. Go Gabriel. Who is cheaper and bigger goal threat.
Cheers for that and totally true, but I bought Saliba at 4.5, or whatever, and all the value is virtual in my case. I simply don't have the funds to switch to Gabriel.

Last edited:

0161_UNITED

RE: Kane, if you've got him, I'm jealous - I couldn't fit him. The one thing I'm worried about with him is the auld "England World Cup hangover" and I'm not particularly enamoured with Spurs' fixtures - but others might be. I'm all in on Darwin for now, but let's be honest - he's a red card waiting to happen again. Should've gone off in the World Cup, he's a huge risk.

RedDevil@84

Should I ditch Kane to get Salah and maybe be able to squeez in Nunez. Seems a bit too many eggs in one basket.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Is Reece James going to be ready for the first game back? The injury he had seemed pretty serious no?