Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Pickle85

RE: Kane, if you've got him, I'm jealous - I couldn't fit him. The one thing I'm worried about with him is the auld "England World Cup hangover" and I'm not particularly enamoured with Spurs' fixtures - but others might be. I'm all in on Darwin for now, but let's be honest - he's a red card waiting to happen again. Should've gone off in the World Cup, he's a huge risk.
Yeah me too. I can see him having a bit of a slump but also just don't trust Liverpool. Proper dilemma this year in a few ways. Who would have thought last season that TAA would be anything other than a cert in 90% of ff sides this season!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Draft 1, £0.1m ITB, 3 United players :eek:

Players considered were Zaha, Mitrovic, T Silva, Patterson, Cancelo…

Thoughts?

@Sandikan @Moby @CassiusClaymore @2mufc0 @Samid @Dirty Schwein (I’ve always loved Nic Cage) @anyone

Love having United players in fantasy, so no complaints there. Maybe some more Chelsea players due to their double? I've seen James in a lot of drafts but I'm not sure on his fitness status? Also I'm thinking of binning Foden as I can't handle the roulette.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Love having United players in fantasy, so no complaints there. Maybe some more Chelsea players due to their double? I've seen James in a lot of drafts but I'm not sure on his fitness status? Also I'm thinking of binning Foden as I can't handle the roulette.
I looked at a few Chelsea options but price and/or not knowing who’s going to play (or even if back four or five) made me leave them out, though have got their ‘Kepa’… :) Shaw to Silva an option.

I have regular in my head conversations with myself (I‘m not mad, you’re mad) and Foden is one of them. On the one hand, he is a superb football player but on the other he’s a tw@t with a free haircut who plays for City. I’m torn but as a wise man once sad, you play fantasy football with your head not your heart.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Hmm should I go with A or B? I'm chasing so need to be risky. A is Salah,Almiron,Dalot,Botman,Ward. Option B is Robertson,Rashford,Mount,James and Kepa.

redcucumber

Oooooofff, looks strong as hell to me. United double in attack feels risky but is hard to ignore at the price point. Only quibble would be no Cancelo but Walker gets you City defence coverage if nothing else.
Yeah, it depends which Cancelo we get… the one who got 40+ in 5 games or the one who got about 9 in the next 5.

The money saved means it’s a much stronger midfield and idea is that the two improved midfielders get more than Cancelo does v Walker.

And it’s been a lonnnnnnng time since we could pick United players in FPL … now Erik the Red is starting to get his ideas across, this could be the time (though no Varane and Martinez for a bit sucks…. bloody selfish France and Argentina getting to the final!)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Where’s the love for Mount from?

53 points from 14 games but just over half from 2 matches (Wolves and Villa, pre new managers). So that’s 26 in 12 games.

And Southgate likes him?
It's purely a fixtures play.

Thoughts?

@Sandikan @Moby @CassiusClaymore @2mufc0 @Samid @Dirty Schwein (I’ve always loved Nic Cage) @anyone

Very good team. Saliba would be Gabriel unless you have value tied in him that you don't want to/can't lose.

A few risks in there:
Martial and his glass body, Foden/Walker with the Pep roulette and maybe Shaw is Malacia wind his place back .. going all in on United can be a risk unless you have an exit strategy from when they play city and arse... Just food for thought.

Very good team. Saliba would be Gabriel unless you have value tied in him that you don't want to/can't lose.

A few risks in there:
Martial and his glass body, Foden/Walker with the Pep roulette and maybe Shaw is Malacia wind his place back .. going all in on United can be a risk unless you have an exit strategy from when they play city and arse... Just food for thought.
Danke.

I looked at a few Chelsea players but just not sure of who’s fit, who’s getting picked and Potter‘s style yet. And James costs a bit comparatively.

Yes, already have Saliba.

Martial can be Mitrovic (have £0.1m).

Yes, w@nker roulette is always there but unfortunately, City tend to get most points over a season and Walker enables other improvements… including Foden who is always capable of scoring two in minutes, even as sub (grrrrrr).

I’d hope Shaw has earned his place… played well for a couple of months and looks lean again. It’ll be 17 days from France defeat for the England players so don’t think fatigue would be the issue.

But I will chomp on your thoughts, digest them and see what tomorrow brings :)

(well done on the Movie thingy, shout if want to discuss TV one. Have an idea).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Thoughts?

Lovely mid and attack. I'm on the 2 United boys too, especially with the first few fixtures.

Cancelo is the huge risk isn't he?
But I like the mid. Salah was coming back into form, so him plus Foden covers the risk in theory. I'll provably work to similar later.

I like Dalot instead of Shaw though. Think he might be 75%, on a hamstring at the moment, but cheaper and more nailed his side generally.

TheReligion

Abusive
Any thoughts on this? I’m missing Chelsea and Liverpool players I know…

0.1 in the bank

Raya
Ward

Trippier
Saliba
Cancelo
Patterson
Davies

Foden
Rashford
Trossard
Almiron
Martinelli

Kane
Haaland
Wilson

Option?

Mitrovic/Martial for Wilson (save me 0.5/0.8m to use elsewhere)

Any other ideas to rejig appreciated!

Pickle85

Any thoughts on this? I’m missing Chelsea and Liverpool players I know…

0.1 in the bank

Raya
Ward

Trippier
Saliba
Cancelo
Patterson
Davies

Foden
Rashford
Trossard
Almiron
Martinelli

Kane
Haaland
Wilson

Option?

Mitrovic/Martial for Wilson (save me 0.5/0.8m to use elsewhere)

Any other ideas to rejig appreciated!
No premium MF is a brave one - I think most will have either KdB or Salah. I'd probably go Kane to Darwin and maybe downgrade Davies with a view to upgrading Foden (he's burnt me so many times in the past...)

I'll leave @Dirty Schwein to give thoughts on WIlson...!

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Is it worth getting Reece James I wonder, Chelsea defence was poor before the WC and Fofana maybe injured again.. Do we go for Reece James with a higher risk of clean sheets wipe out?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Apparently James played 60 in the friendly vs Brentford, Mount and Kepa didn't feature, Fofana went off injured and Havertz scored a hat trick.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick

Thoughts?

Thanks for that, I'm gonna copy your team as I literally haven't a clue on what's the status right now, haven't had a minute for ages now to look at anything. :lol:

But ya will probably check things in a few days time maybe, let's see.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Thoughts?

Don't think you can go much wrong with that barring Martial doing his hammy as usual.

I probably would downgrade Burn as well to the cheapest playing option (Beuno?) because I assume he'll be last on your bench most weeks and you might as well keep the cash spare in case you need it.

In fact I'd probably try and get Andreas in there as well and find the money to make Walker into Cancelo. Potential benching headaches abound.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I think I'm settled on one of these:

Kepa
Trippier, Cancelo, Botman
Salah
, Martinelli, Rashford, Almiron
Mitrovic, Haaland, Kane

Subs: Ward, Dalot, Andreas, Bueno (0.1 itb)

Or:

Pope
Trippier, Cancelo, James
KDB
Mitrovic, Haaland, Darwin

Subs: Ward, Dalot, Andreas, Bueno (0.7 itb)

Thoughts? @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Moby @Sandikan @anyone else

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Kepa
Salah
Mitrovic, Haaland, Kane

Or:

Pope
Trippier, Cancelo, James
KDB

Thoughts? @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Moby @Sandikan @anyone else
1st one scares me more as you have 2 strikers on 4 yellows.

Waiting to see how we look tonight as well before locking anything in. If Martial looks good...

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
1st one scares me more as you have 2 strikers on 4 yellows.

Waiting to see how we look tonight as well before locking anything in. If Martial looks good...
Whereas the second one has a striker who is a ticking time bomb and the biggest potential of a red card since Diego Costa :lol:

Pickle85

Kepa
Salah
Mitrovic, Haaland, Kane

Or:

Pope
Trippier, Cancelo, James
KDB

I probably prefer the second one, mostly because I like kdb over Salah and I worry about Kane coming back from the euros.

Unrelated, but every season there's one player that I blindly, irrationally refuse to get in despite his performances. This year it's Almiron.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Does previous bonus point score have any influence on potential future scores? Shaw has played 4 or 5 less games than Dalot so he's had less game time through which to accumulate bonus points.
Stats per 90 mins. Shaw left, Dalot right.

Baseline BPS is the key. Those are BPS they acquire per 90 mins excluding goals, assists, cards and clean sheets. A clean sheet is 12 BPS so if United win say 1-0 then Dalot will on average get 26 BPS while Shaw 23. So on average Dalot will likely be in bonus contention, Shaw likely won't.

Whether past BPS has any influence on future score is something for you to decide. For me Shaw is obviously the better footballer but the BPS is seemingly more tailored towards Dalot. Neither is going to give you attacking returns every other week so ideally you'd want to pick the one more likely to compliment the clean sheet with bonus points.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
You'd hope he's learnt his lesson from that early season red though. I can't decide between KDB and Salah either now.
KDB seems the obvious choice as he's in a team that is firing on all cylinders but most of his points come from assists and Salah has bigger goal threat. Also on pens and guaranteed more minutes. The reason I'm going Salah is because he's lower owned and I need any differentials I can get. Also, I think there will never be a time you captain KDB over Haaland but there might be a time you captain Salah over Haaland... it gives more flexibility...

Also, Salah having a piss poor season and KDB having a banger yet they are only 8 points apart. Salah will surely improve...

Saying all that, Liverpool have been shit and now missing Diaz and Jota.
I probably prefer the second one, mostly because I like kdb over Salah and I worry about Kane coming back from the euros.

Unrelated, but every season there's one player that I blindly, irrationally refuse to get in despite his performances. This year it's Almiron.
I can easily do Salah to KDB. Kane is my worry too but he's been great this season.

I didn't want Almiron either but he is nailed, in a form team and allows upgrades everywhere else because he's so cheap.

Kepa
Salah
Mitrovic, Haaland, Kane

Or:

Pope
Trippier, Cancelo, James
KDB

Chelsea and Newc in defence (in different formats) so it’s Salah/Kane v kdb/Eeyore?

If you call that one Liverpool each, it’s Kane v KdB. Just decide on that and short term fixtures, go with gut feel.

Remember Kane is on pens….. so that’s another reason to pick kdb? :)

Don't think you can go much wrong with that barring Martial doing his hammy as usual.

I probably would downgrade Burn as well to the cheapest playing option (Beuno?) because I assume he'll be last on your bench most weeks and you might as well keep the cash spare in case you need it.

In fact I'd probably try and get Andreas in there as well and find the money to make Walker into Cancelo. Potential benching headaches abound.
Thanks.

On Burns, in a couple of weeks, United play City and Arsenal away to Spurs while Newcastle home to Fulham. That’s the type of thing I was looking to cover

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Chelsea and Newc in defence (in different formats) so it’s Salah/Kane v kdb/Eeyore?

If you call that one Liverpool each, it’s Kane v KdB. Just decide on that and short term fixtures, go with gut feel.

Remember Kane is on pens….. so that’s another reason to pick kdb? :)
:lol:

I can get KDB in both teams so for me, it's more about Kane & Botman vs. Darwin & James.

redcucumber

Stats per 90 mins. Shaw left, Dalot right.

Baseline BPS is the key. Those are BPS they acquire per 90 mins excluding goals, assists, cards and clean sheets. A clean sheet is 12 BPS so if United win say 1-0 then Dalot will on average get 26 BPS while Shaw 23. So on average Dalot will likely be in bonus contention, Shaw likely won't.

Whether past BPS has any influence on future score is something for you to decide. For me Shaw is obviously the better footballer but the BPS is seemingly more tailored towards Dalot. Neither is going to give you attacking returns every other week so ideally you'd want to pick the one more likely to compliment the clean sheet with bonus points.
Oo, that's pretty cool - interesting to see Dalot outperforming Shaw on most metrics (aside from pass completion which isn't surprising). Cheers dowg. Where can you find this info?

Paul_Scholes18

Almiron had a poor game yesterday. Would you bench him for Cancelo or upgrade Almiron to Mount and downgrade Cancelo to Gabriel?

Newcastle got good fixtures soon, but think troll Wilson will get the goals unless I buy him.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Anyone else stuck in two minds between playing a nice balanced (albeit quite template) team, and knowing they need to try something different to play catch up?

My gut tells me that the best team is the one with about 8 players in common with everyone else, but not going to make up any ground playing it.