Fantasy Premier League 22/23

ROFLUTION

Stats per 90 mins. Shaw left, Dalot right.

Baseline BPS is the key. Those are BPS they acquire per 90 mins excluding goals, assists, cards and clean sheets. A clean sheet is 12 BPS so if United win say 1-0 then Dalot will on average get 26 BPS while Shaw 23. So on average Dalot will likely be in bonus contention, Shaw likely won't.

Whether past BPS has any influence on future score is something for you to decide. For me Shaw is obviously the better footballer but the BPS is seemingly more tailored towards Dalot. Neither is going to give you attacking returns every other week so ideally you'd want to pick the one more likely to compliment the clean sheet with bonus points.
Always nice with stats. To play devil's advocate, Shaw (according to stats) was one of the players with most attacking passes during World Cup. Top 3 I think. So he's in good form apparently.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Oo, that's pretty cool - interesting to see Dalot outperforming Shaw on most metrics (aside from pass completion which isn't surprising). Cheers dowg. Where can you find this info?
I've got an annual membership on FFS. Very cheap considering the sheer amount of stats and detailed fantasy specific content you get. There are also free sites like FBref for less detailed stats/xG etc.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think I'm settled on one of these:

Kepa
Trippier, Cancelo, Botman
Salah
, Martinelli, Rashford, Almiron
Mitrovic, Haaland, Kane

Subs: Ward, Dalot, Andreas, Bueno (0.1 itb)

Or:

Pope
Trippier, Cancelo, James
KDB
, Martinelli, Rashford, Almiron
Mitrovic, Haaland, Darwin

Subs: Ward, Dalot, Andreas, Bueno (0.7 itb)

Thoughts? @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Moby @Sandikan @anyone else
I'd be comfy going Salah over KDB IF you can get Foden in there.

But going Foden probably means you lose Cancelo, who despite a lot of underwhelming this year still has those big weeks.
Does Walker coming back make Cancelo slightly more rotation risk? Maybe not as they don't have much beyond those two still.

But Rashy, Almiron, Martinelli and Andreas seem pretty strong choices.

I'll probably keep Martial in there, as who is his rival now? Rashy occasionally and that's it, unless we bring someone in, which can't be before the next two favourable fixtures.
But let's make sure he's not nobbled tonight first!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'd be comfy going Salah over KDB IF you can get Foden in there.

But going Foden probably means you lose Cancelo, who despite a lot of underwhelming this year still has those big weeks.
Does Walker coming back make Cancelo slightly more rotation risk? Maybe not as they don't have much beyond those two still.

But Rashy, Almiron, Martinelli and Andreas seem pretty strong choices.

I'll probably keep Martial in there, as who is his rival now? Rashy occasionally and that's it, unless we bring someone in, which can't be before the next two favourable fixtures.
But let's make sure he's not nobbled tonight first!
His own body :lol:

I can do:

Kepa
Cancelo, Trippier, Dalot
Salah, Martinelli, Rashford, Foden
Haaland, Darwin, Mitrovic

Subs: Ward, Botman, Andreas, Bueno

(0.1 itb)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
His own body :lol:

I can do:

Kepa
Cancelo, Trippier, Dalot
Salah, Martinelli, Rashford, Foden
Haaland, Darwin, Mitrovic

Subs: Ward, Botman, Andreas, Bueno

(0.1 itb)

That's some sexy stuff. I'd probably still go Martial over Mitrovic, but yeah we're not too far apart here - which is normally the sign both our teams will be utter pony :lol:

I know you can't have everyone, but Almiron was on some mad form, so he's a miss.
Plus monitoring James for Chelsea.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don't understand the double up on Salah n Nunez I'm seeing a lot this week. That's £22m on Liverpool forwards you're unlikely to captain due to Haaland.

For me it's either or but Definitely not both yet. Liverpool need to convince me they are back to their best before I double up at them kind of prices.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I just can't shake off shit reputation from last year where people here just needed to do opposite from what i am doing. :lol:
I was laughing stock. I was Solskjaer:wenger:.

Having said that, i am back to Martial & Rashy combo. Just a warning guys.
Heck.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't understand the double up on Salah n Nunez I'm seeing a lot this week. That's £22m on Liverpool forwards you're unlikely to captain due to Haaland.

For me it's either or but Definitely not both yet. Liverpool need to convince me they are back to their best before I double up at them kind of prices.
It's either KDB or Salah in most of these debates though, and for the same reason you wouldn't often captain KDB with Haaland around?

There's always the fear Liverpool will roar back after a couple of years ago when they lost about 7 in a row at home and still came top 4!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's either KDB or Salah in most of these debates though, and for the same reason you wouldn't often captain KDB with Haaland around?

There's always the fear Liverpool will roar back after a couple of years ago when they lost about 7 in a row at home and still came top 4!
I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying go with just the one. If you go Salah then I wouldn't go Nunez too and vice versa.

Sparky Rhiwabon

So, don’t get them and steal a march on all those people who do, if you think you can do better.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So, don’t get them and steal a march on all those people who do, if you think you can do better.
Yeah I won't be having both. Salah appeals more as he gets more PTS for a goal, he gets more assists, clean sheet PTS and he's on pens.

Nunez won't be in my team most likely

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Foden inexplicably benched for 3 games in his last 4 for City. That's the only issue with him. Pep can rotate his front line so easily

Rauður Djöfull

Can't figure out if this is good or not

Ward - Pope
Cancelo - Gabriel - Trippier - Patterson - Neco Williams
Martinelli - Trossard - Rodrigo - KDB - Almiron
Haaland - Mitro - Martial

Got 2,1 million to spare
Martial out for Toney?
One of the cheap defenders out for another one?
Thinking I will play 3 defenders in games

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying go with just the one. If you go Salah then I wouldn't go Nunez too and vice versa.
What would you do with the other place? Double up on KDB/Haaland, or go cheaper and distribute the money more squad wise/

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Oh ffs!!! I forgot that you still can lose money if you sell and buy same player.
I was messing around with my team, selling, buying etc...in short, like we do it before gw1. And i lost 0.5 mil:lol:
What a plonker. What an idiot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh ffs!!! I forgot that you still can lose money if you sell and buy same player.
I was messing around with my team, selling, buying etc...in short, like we do it before gw1. And i lost 0.5 mil:lol:
What a plonker. What an idiot.
Easily done bossman.
Martinelli for instance is someone worth considering shipping, but he's 6.4m in my team and 6.8m to buy!

paulscholes18

0.6 ITB
Kepa
James Cancelo Trippier
KDB Rashford Kulu Almiron
Darwin Mitro Haaland
Ward Andreas Patterson Bueno

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
0.6 ITB
Kepa
James Cancelo Trippier
KDB Rashford Kulu Almiron
Darwin Mitro Haaland
Ward Andreas Patterson Bueno
Maybe Martinelli in there instead of Kulu, and then you have decent funds to improve the bench a little.