Fantasy Premier League 22/23

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Going balls deep on United defense without casemiro?
Not ideal but I don't see many better options this week. Maybe West Ham but then they play City in 34 so practically a SGW.

If Newcastle get another double announced before the deadline I might be tempted by one of Botman/Burn over Shaw.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Made a plan this morning based on the current fixture schedule and subject to injuries.

This week DDG and Shaw in for Pickford and Kilman.

GW29 BB
DDG Raya
Trippier Shaw Chilwell Estupian
Gabriel
Saka Maddison Rashford March Mac Allister
Kane Toney Watkins

GW30 - Toney > Haaland
GW31 Kane > Darwin ("I'll fkin do it again")
GW32 Free Hit
GW33 roll transfer
GW34 Saka & Maddison > Salah & Mahrez. Team would be...

DDG (Raya)
Trippier Estupian Shaw (Gabriel) (Chilwell)
Salah Mahrez Rashford March Mac Allister
Darwin Haaland
(Watkins)

10 doublers plus Trippier at home to Saints.
Any thoughts on Bruno?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Any thoughts on Bruno?
It would be Bruno or Salah for me in that set up. Effectively I guess Bruno and Trent v Salah and Shaw. I favour the latter because for me Pickford and Kilman are the two I need to replace this week if I want a decent bench boost.

I guess if I go DDG and someone else I leave that slot open but it would involve a hit further down the line probably.

Edit: anyway taken on face value United defence > Liverpool defence, Salah > Bruno.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Which defender is optimal to buy for 5.7 or less?

Feels like Shaw is the one.

My current keepers are Kepa and Raya.

Def is Trippier, Dier, Gabriel, Henry and Estupinan.

Dier will go and I will bench boost. I could take a hit to replace Gabriel and free up money for Chilwell, but last time I benched Gabriel he got 14 points.

I feel there is no team with single gameweek bigger chance of a clean than Arsenal. Shaw and Chilwell though could get an assist or more.

RedDevil@84

Doing BB

Raya Ward
White Mings Henry Estupinan Trippier
Saka Martinelli Mitoma Maddison Rashford
Watkins Toney Kane

Have 1FT. Don't mind taking a -4. I am thinking Martinelli to Mac Allister.

Any other suggestions?

Paul_Scholes18

Doing BB

Raya Ward
White Mings Henry Estupinan Trippier
Saka Martinelli Mitoma Maddison Rashford
Watkins Toney Kane

Have 1FT. Don't mind taking a -4. I am thinking Martinelli to Mac Allister.

Any other suggestions?
Ward was dropped last week.

You could bring in De Gea.

We got 3 more doubles and I am pretty sure he will start every game unless we have secured top 4 and rest him for the cups. If that is the case you will be happy he has got cleans already and happy as a supporter so no big deal.

Anustart89

Need help caftards. My team's absolute shite and I've no idea what to do with it.

Have 1 FT, 0.5m ITB

Raya-Ward
Saliba-Tarkowski-Kilman-Trippier-Botman
Rashford-Bruno-Saka-Martinelli-Mitoma
Mbuemo-Haaland-Kane

BB and WC still in play, used my FH early because I'm a moron (I did get Son in for his hat-trick for that week though, tbf).

Cornish

Planning on using my bench boost this week. Is it daft taking a -4 to swap both my goalkeepers (Sanchez and Ward) to Raya and Steele?
logic being that using my bench boost, they both should get at least 4 each which will mean at worst a net loss of 0 points and will mean I have 2 playing keepers going forward with good fixtures between them

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Need help caftards. My team's absolute shite and I've no idea what to do with it.

Have 1 FT, 0.5m ITB

Raya-Ward
Mbuemo-Haaland-Kane

BB and WC still in play, used my FH early because I'm a moron (I did get Son in for his hat-trick for that week though, tbf).
It's not that bad. Obviously you're not set up for BB but you've still got 7 doublers and Kane + your Arsenal lot with a great single fixture.

If I were you I would aim to WC33 and BB in 34, dead ending your team into BGW32 (United, Brighton, City, Chelsea won't play).

Wait for news on Haaland before deciding on transfers this week.

Anustart89

It's not that bad. Obviously you're not set up for BB but you've still got 7 doublers and Kane + your Arsenal lot with a great single fixture.

If I were you I would aim to WC33 and BB in 34, dead ending your team into BGW32 (United, Brighton, City, Chelsea won't play).

Wait for news on Haaland before deciding on transfers this week.
Cheers! Haaland to Toney if he looks like he’s out or someone else?

ROFLUTION

Have 1 FT, 0.5m ITB

Raya-Ward
Mbuemo-Haaland-Kane

that aint a bad team. Dead end in gw32 and wildcard in 33 and you’re good

K Stand Knut

Am considering going all in with my FH this week to create an XI that all have double games.

Is this sensible? I’ve got all FH, BB and TC available as well as my wildcard

paulscholes18

Am considering going all in with my FH this week to create an XI that all have double games.

Is this sensible? I’ve got all FH, BB and TC available as well as my wildcard
Think BB or even TC would be better, but all depends on how your team is set up for the blank 32 GW.

K Stand Knut

Think BB or even TC would be better, but all depends on how your team is set up for the blank 32 GW.
I’d have 5 players not playing but could substitute them out over the next few weeks to be able to field a better team and not miss out too much.

Without the WC or FH, I can field a team this week with 7 players having DGWs and another (Mitoma) on the bench who I can bring on for either Kane, Haaland, Saka or Martinelli.

Or could take out Neco Williams and play Mitoma

Anustart89

that aint a bad team. Dead end in gw32 and wildcard in 33 and you’re good
More specifically, how do you mean dead end in gw32? Use my transfers leading up to gw 32 to remove gw 32 blankers and then get them in on the wild card for 33? Then BB in 34, yeah?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Tempted to make 3 transfers and take a -8 to get Bruno back in, Shaw, and replace Sanchez ready.

Silly or nah?

VanGaalEra

Tempted to make 3 transfers and take a -8 to get Bruno back in, Shaw, and replace Sanchez ready.

Silly or nah?
Lots of people will be taking a -4 at least and most a -8 too. If you’re bringing in players who are doubling this week, and doubling more later in the season and replacing them with players who are single gameweeks predominately, that -4/-8 you’re worrying about will be made back plus some.

ROFLUTION

More specifically, how do you mean dead end in gw32? Use my transfers leading up to gw 32 to remove gw 32 blankers and then get them in on the wild card for 33? Then BB in 34, yeah?
work towards having 11 decent players in in gw32. (Brighton, United, Chelsea and City dont play in gw32 due to fa cup).

Then in gw33 wildcard with the aim of bench boosting in gw34.

If you got a lot of money tied up in Haaland or Rashford, maybe dont transfer those two out for gw32 as you might wanna buy them again on your wildcard

seems you only have 4 players who blank in gw32 (not bad, considering you might keep Rashford/Haaland) so maybe focus on getting Bruno and Mitoma out for gw32

suheilsworld

Planning on BB

Raya DDG
Henry Chilwell Cash Estupinian
Trippier
Saka March Mitoma Maddison Rashford
Toney Watkins
Kane

Happy with those doublers with only cash as doubt for first GW. I have 9.9m ITB and 1FT. What are your best doubling defenders ? Pool don’t have the best double, defense wise. Should I go sideways to Ming’s or Moreno or trust Shaw without Case

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Planning on BB

Raya DDG
Henry Chilwell Cash Estupinian
Trippier
Saka March Mitoma Maddison Rashford
Toney Watkins
Kane

Happy with those doublers with only cash as doubt for first GW. I have 9.9m ITB and 1FT. What are your best doubling defenders ? Pool don’t have the best double, defense wise. Should I go sideways to Ming’s or Moreno or trust Shaw without Case
Do you have free hit left for 32?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I have the option to leave Kane (or one of Martinelli/Odegaard), two Brentford defenders and a most likely non-playing Ward on my bench so probably not a good decision to play BB this weekend as originally intended. I have WC remaining so will probably use that prior to DGW34 and play it then.

Anustart89

work towards having 11 decent players in in gw32. (Brighton, United, Chelsea and City dont play in gw32 due to fa cup).

Then in gw33 wildcard with the aim of bench boosting in gw34.

If you got a lot of money tied up in Haaland or Rashford, maybe dont transfer those two out for gw32 as you might wanna buy them again on your wildcard

seems you only have 4 players who blank in gw32 (not bad, considering you might keep Rashford/Haaland) so maybe focus on getting Bruno and Mitoma out for gw32
Thanks!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Lots of people will be taking a -4 at least and most a -8 too. If you’re bringing in players who are doubling this week, and doubling more later in the season and replacing them with players who are single gameweeks predominately, that -4/-8 you’re worrying about will be made back plus some.
After playing around I might just do a -4 for Kepa and Shaw. Getting Bruno in is difficult with a strong bench but I’ll be able to work him in 2 weeks for free. I’d need a -12 for Bruno I think because of cost.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It was a colossal error from me to rush the FH last week. I gained very little and now have to be very careful who I bring in.

Shaw/Bruno/Chilwell are no-nos as I already have 5 non-players for 32.

Who would be the best cheaper defender options? Maybe Moreno at Villa? Who else?

K Stand Knut

I’ve gone with my BB and brought in Harvey Barnes for Almiron giving me all but 5 players having a double DGW and 3 of those are against Leeds at home. The other 2 are Kane and Haaland.

Will use my next two FTs to get rid of Havertz and Chilwell to enable me to get players in for GW32 and then I’ll have a decent XI for that week by benching my 3 city/United options

Bristol_Red_87

My bench consists of Zinchenko, Martinelli and Kane with 11 other doublers including both keepers.

One more doubler in seemingly hampers my wish to avoid using the FH in 32.

It does feel like I need one more doubler, especially with the likes of Toney and Estupinian in my ranks!

Tempted to go leftfield and Barnes!

ROFLUTION

If you got no free hit left like me, wildcarding can be quite a good strategy this GW:

My wildcard team:

GW29: All players have dgw except Haaland (6,6 itb for Salah in gw31)
De Gea
Trippier-Chilwell-Estupinan
MacAllister-Barnes-March-Rashford-Bruno
Watkins-Haaland

Bench: Iversen+Trent+Gnonto+Mings

GW:30~10 good players available

GW31: Swap MacAllister and March for Pereira and Salah. Their fixtures turn here and both have decent fixtures in gw32

GW32: 9 very good players/players with decent fixtures

GW34: Save up two transfers and swap in Darwin for Watkins (bad fixtures) and possible a Brighton player for Barnes

To sum it up, Gnonto, Barnes, Iversen really can be benefitial when looking for puzzling good fixtures together. Not sold on Maddison as he's not on pens, so Barnes for 6,7 enables other stuff to happen. Also key-players who are the most safe to play every week is important to have.

Also I've dropped Arsenal completely, which is risky, but they have no DGWs and crap fixtures. City will rotate too due to cups and CL. The one GW i dread the most in that regard is probably GW32, which could be painful if Arsenal bang.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
If you got no free hit left like me, wildcarding can be quite a good strategy this GW:

My wildcard team:

GW29: All players have dgw except Haaland (6,6 itb for Salah in gw31)
De Gea
Trippier-Chilwell-Estupinan
MacAllister-Barnes-March-Rashford-Bruno
Watkins-Haaland

Bench: Iversen+Trent+Gnonto+Mings

GW:30~10 good players available

GW31: Swap MacAllister and March for Pereira and Salah. Their fixtures turn here and both have decent fixtures in gw32

GW32: 9 very good players/players with decent fixtures

GW34: Save up two transfers and swap in Darwin for Watkins (bad fixtures) and possible a Brighton player for Barnes

To sum it up, Gnonto, Barnes, Iversen really can be benefitial when looking for puzzling good fixtures together. Not sold on Maddison as he's not on pens, so Barnes for 6,7 enables other stuff to happen

Also I've dropped Arsenal completely, which is risky, but they have no DGWs and crap fixtures. City will rotate too due to cups and CL. The one GW i dread the most in that regard is probably GW32, which could be painful if Arsenal bang.
So no player from the best team in the league with the best value assets in the game? Thats where I'm struggling. Getting someone like Bruno seems fine but selling Saka when he's in such great form, playing for the best attack and still super cheap feels like making a big mistake.

I'm much more open on selling Kane but the best options to get are in midfield.

BootsyCollins

Any Chelsea fans here that have any info on Havertz? I have him in my team, but he is yellow marked for illness, so thinking about taking him out for Watkins. Watkins also plays in 32 i think, so might do it anyway.

Also, what do folks do about Rashford. Do we think we will get any info from ETH on him before the deadline?

ROFLUTION

So no player from the best team in the league with the best value assets in the game? Thats where I'm struggling. Getting someone like Bruno seems fine but selling Saka when he's in such great form, playing for the best attack and still super cheap feels like making a big mistake.

I'm much more open on selling Kane but the best options to get are in midfield.
I dont disagree but Arsenal basically only have 3 good gameweeks left: Leeds home (gw29 where lots of others double) and Southampton home in gw32 + Forest in gw37 (can be subbed in again).

Wolves maybe in gw38, but depends whether theyre staying up/arsenal have won.

for me i’ll have to take a chance and go by riding the fixtures, but Saka or Martinelli would be my preferred options if to choose one. Maybe Martinelli over Barnes?

also penalty takers with dgw for dgw29 seems a good differential

edit: just found out Barnes have scored 9 goals which im a bit surprised by.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
I dont disagree but Arsenal basically only have 3 good gameweeks left: Leeds home (gw29 where lots of others double) and Southampton home in gw32 + Forest in gw37 (can be subbed in again).

Wolves maybe in gw38, but depends whether theyre staying up/arsenal have won.

for me i’ll have to take a chance and go by riding the fixtures, but Saka or Martinelli would be my preferred options if to choose one.

also penalty takers with dgw for dgw29 seems a good differential
I would be careful before calling games like Liverpool or even city as bad games for their attackers. They may not be great but that team is great right now, are in a title winning season and will be attacking single match from here. So I won't go too much by what FPL shows as a green fixture. For their attackers every game is equally good. Saka scored vs City when they played last. Liverpool defense and midfield is still pretty dodgy. West ham away? Again nothing to suggest they won't score vs them etc. I'm most likely going to keep Saka as I don't want to go into their games with zero cover when they are scoring loads of goals every game. Much more likely to do Kane to Isak or Havertz.

ROFLUTION

I would be careful before calling games like Liverpool or even city as bad games for their attackers. They may not be great but that team is great right now, are in a title winning season and will be attacking single match from here. So I won't go too much by what FPL shows as a green fixture. For their attackers every game is equally good. Saka scored vs City when they played last. Liverpool defense and midfield is still pretty dodgy. West ham away? Again nothing to suggest they won't score vs them etc. I'm most likely going to keep Saka as I don't want to go into their games with zero cover when they are scoring loads of goals every game. Much more likely to do Kane to Isak or Havertz.
Yeah that's a fair point. Martinelli vs Trent also seems juicy. The main concern is that those are both away games.

I think Saka, however has overperformed lately, so for a wildcard he's not for me. But he's on pens. Just don't fancy any defenders and Ødegaard's output has dropped quite recently. Trossard's a risk, so it's probably Martinelli if I am to go for Arsenal.

Edit: West Ham will be tough I think - it's away and they're in relegation as of now. Knowing it's Moyes, he could possibly get something out of a game like that.

Moby

Dick
Yeah that's a fair point. Martinelli vs Trent also seems juicy. The main concern is that those are both away games.

I think Saka, however has overperformed lately, so for a wildcard he's not for me. But he's on pens. Just don't fancy any defenders and Ødegaard's output has dropped quite recently. Trossard's a risk, so it's probably Martinelli if I am to go for Arsenal.
Choosing the right arsenal attacker has been a headache and fecked a few of us in the ass lately. Theres Jesus into the mix now as well. But yeah the point is having at least one. Saka can easily continue to overperform as he's in great form right now and has the ability to score without getting big xG chances. Martinelli is tasty as well of course but I'd still go Saka as pens can come into play in big games. And he's least likely to be rotated while Martinelli might end up getting subbed or benched for Trossard randomly.

ROFLUTION

Choosing the right arsenal attacker has been a headache and fecked a few of us in the ass lately. Theres Jesus into the mix now as well. But yeah the point is having at least one. Saka can easily continue to overperform as he's in great form right now and has the ability to score without getting big xG chances. Martinelli is tasty as well of course but I'd still go Saka as pens can come into play in big games. And he's least likely to be rotated while Martinelli might end up getting subbed or benched for Trossard randomly.
As a United-fan you gotta respect how well Arteta has gotten mature competition in the right spots. Every player just delivers. If Martinelli doesn't: In with Trossard. If Jesus is out, Nketiah or Martinelly performs. They're mostly quite matured players even no player is World class.

United are the opposite. We have a great starting 11 but the squad-players are not players you can expect to deliver (Garnacho, Weghorst, Sancho, Antony). It also makes Arsenal way harder to pick in FPL and United way easier.

Moby

Dick
As a United-fan you gotta respect how well Arteta has gotten mature competition in the right spots. Every player just delivers. If Martinelli doesn't: In with Trossard. If Jesus is out, Nketiah or Martinelly performs. They're mostly quite matured players even no player is World class.

United are the opposite. We have a great starting 11 but the squad-players are not players you can expect to deliver (Garnacho, Weghorst, Sancho, Antony). It also makes Arsenal way harder to pick in FPL and United way easier.
Yeah definitely. Easier to pin point where the points are coming from in teams like united.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Any Chelsea fans here that have any info on Havertz? I have him in my team, but he is yellow marked for illness, so thinking about taking him out for Watkins. Watkins also plays in 32 i think, so might do it anyway.

Also, what do folks do about Rashford. Do we think we will get any info from ETH on him before the deadline?
He posted a pic of himself training the other day. He'll be fine.