Fantasy Premier League 22/23

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I think Tomiyasu is injured isn't he? Tbh he's always injured so it's a hard avoid for me. Just looks like one of those players who can't go two games without picking up a knock. I was put off by Grealish after the Community Shield. Foden looked far more dangerous when came on. If I go for a City midfielder that isn't KDB it will be him when he's back in the team properly. United is a wait and see for me. Easy to get on us with how low priced they all are. You might reap some rewards though jumping on early. Martinelli is probably a better shout than Odegaard based on pre season again.
Thanks mate

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So i have been constantly flicking back and forth from this thread to my team and every time i leave without commiting to more transfers. Is it really as solid as i think it is? Considering the low prices on Rashford and Martial? I was considering putting in our Martinez in defence for either Dunk (usually a high points scorer getting 3+ goals a season, and Tomiyasu who has looked promising).
Tomiyasu, Castagne, Grealish, Rashy, Martial.... Waaaay too many risks. You wanna keep risks down to two, not full your team with them. Tomiyasu could be Ben White who is safer etc...
There's nothing wrong with leaving £0.5m in the bank at the start of the season. Can often be a very wise move.
This is very true but I love spending :lol:
Right today's dilemma...

Saka, Neto, Perisic or Mount, Martinelli, Trippier?
The way Tuchel been saying Chelsea attack is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike... I would say option 1. Saka is probably better option than Mount. Neto not as good as Martinelli but that's irrelevant if you have Jesus and Saka... Perisic is riskier than Trips but it's FPL... Live a little!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I put Mount in my team last night. I just think even in a ''poor'' Chelsea attack, he gets returns, and their fixtures are too good for him not to do so in my opinion.

I tried Saka who I agree is the better 8m mid. But I think it's better to use Martinelli as your 2nd Arsenal attacker (if you have Jesus) at 6m, and use the 8m spot for someone from another side.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I currently have

Raya
TAA - Cash - Dias - Dalot
Salah - Sancho - Martinelli
Jesus - Kane - Darwin​

Bench: 4.0 keeper (one who went on loan so won't lose value), Bailey, Nico Williams & Andreas Pereira.

Still might make changes.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I currently have

Raya
Jesus - Kane - Darwin​

Bench: 4.0 keeper (one who went on loan so won't lose value), Bailey, Nico Williams & Andreas Pereira.

Get Ward in as your £4m gk. He might actually be the Leicester #1.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
You reckon? My plan was to keep the £4m goalkeeper not in the league and then buy a 3.9 later down the line to gain 0.1m.
If Schmeichel leaves that's what Rodgers is hinting yeah. 6.2% ownership is not that high. Doubt people will be wasting transfers on their £4m gk early game. If he does become the #1 he'll only go one direction anyway as no other £4m gk looks like starting.

Moby

Dick
:lol: I was just thinking the same thing. Looking at Almiron and Dewsbury Hall. That's pretty much it unless you have money put aside.
Yeah, those options are likely to be a sideways move in terms of how reliable of returns you'd wish a starter to be in your team so the only valid 'out' would be downgrading Bailey to fodder and taking up your 4.0 mid to 4.5 who would be a decent option at best. Takes two moves and still not that great.

I think that is something that can help decide in my main two options, both of which are the two big templates right now. One is 5-3-2 and the other is 4-4-2. The 4-4-2 one has the 8m mid but no out for Bailey, while Bailey is actually a sub in the 5-3-2 one and you can just put him on the bench and still have a starting 11.

5-3-2:

Ramsdale
Trent, Robbo, Cancelo, Perisic, James
Salah, Neto, Martinelli
Haaland, Jesus

Ward, Bailey, Andreas, Archer

4-4-2:

Ramsdale
Trent, Robbo, Cancelo, Perisic
Salah, Neto, Bailey, Saka
Haaland, Jesus

Ward, Andreas, Neco, Archer

Super tough given both have their own advantages. I do feel people are being too casual with that 8m mid spot, there will be really good value options in that bracket from good teams. And if cheaper mids do become great it is always easier to come down from a higher price point.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I currently have

Raya
Jesus - Kane - Darwin​

You reckon? My plan was to keep the £4m goalkeeper not in the league and then buy a 3.9 later down the line to gain 0.1m.
Ward will most likely be Leicester number one so grab him and his price might even rise (his ownership not that high). Then you can switch to 3.9 and make 0.2.
The feck are we gonna do after 2-3 GWs and Bailey is of no use anymore?
You think he's gonna even last that long :lol: :nervous:
:lol: I was just thinking the same thing. Looking at Almiron and Dewsbury Hall. That's pretty much it unless you have money put aside.
Yeah options are slim but the key is to try save a transfer GW1 so you can have a double free transfer when Bailey becomes useless...

But, his fixtures aren't awful when you think about it.

West Ham are good but not exactly Man City defense.

Arsenal will be tough but again, can concede. It's not inconceivable.

City is a write off but that week, Williams has Bournemouth... So can rotate.

Then it's Leicester, who might be in a relegation battle by reading about them...

After that, their fixtures are ok.

The issue more is that they have so many options that he won't be getting 90 minutes often but at 5.0, there's always likely to be disadvantages...

I'm just trying to make myself feel better :nervous:

adkb

Okay, so this is my final draft,

Sanchez(Ward)
Robertson Cancelo Chilwell Gabriel Digne
Mahrez Salah Bruno G Martinelli (Andreas P)
Jesus Kane (Archer)

Opinions anyone? Thank you

ROFLUTION

Besides Andreas, which other 4.5 midfielder will play/have potential?

I got Ebiowei currently, but he probably wont play - then there’s that Cafu fella and Colback from Nottingham - are they of any use? Are there other candidates who’ll get minutes?

Paul_Scholes18

I think Bailey is quite decent, but of course not nailed. If 5 subs ruin my team I wildcard early and react if needed or take a hit or two.

I do not want to play safe and just buy players expected to get most minutes, but rather those that will get returns. Of course still only buying expected starters.

The main one is Perisic. I know how good he is and for 5.5 I think he is way better than the alternatives at that cost . It looks like he will be a starter as well.

The Neville wears Prada

I really do feel I am missing out without Jesus in my team, but simply have no money left! My current forwards are Haaland, Martial and Greenwood... Hmmm!

The Neville wears Prada

Oh! So you're the guy that doesn't have him! :lol:
Yes! haha, I just can't find a way to get him in, having used my full 100m!
My team is...

Henderson - Gazzaniga
TAA - Cancelo - Trippier - Perisic - Gabriel
Salah - Sancho - Neto - Saka - Andreas
Haaland - Martial - Greenwood

I don't really want to sub any of those out... the only gambles I see are Sancho and Martial. If Martial and Jesus were the same price, I would change them over, but unfortunately not!
Unless I am missing another way!....

Hmmm maybe I have seen a way....
What do people prefer?

Sancho and Martial

Or

Martinelli and Jesus

If I go with option B, that gives me 4 Arsenal players, so would have to move more hmmm... or maybe I just leave it be!

Last edited:

Pat Evra

I am curious about Ward situation. I investigated a little bit and saw that he didn't play a single minute in the pre-season. Apart from Schmeichel, two other GKs featured (Iversen and Stolarczyk) and they are not even available in FPL to select. Does anyone know something more about this? I was considering Ward since the news about Schmeichel leaving, but now I am not sure.

HairyBack23

Yes! haha, I just can't find a way to get him in, having used my full 100m!
My team is...

Henderson - Gazzaniga
TAA - Cancelo - Trippier - Perisic - Gabriel
Salah - Sancho - Neto - Saka - Andreas
Haaland - Martial - Greenwood

I don't really want to sub any of those out... the only gambles I see are Sancho and Martial. If Martial and Jesus were the same price, I would change them over, but unfortunately not!
Unless I am missing another way!....

What do people prefer?

Sancho and Martial

Or

Martinelli and Jesus

If I go with option B, that gives me 4 Arsenal players, so would have to move more hmmm... or maybe I just leave it be!
Too much money on the bench. No need to have anyone above 4.5m

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Anyone else concerned that if Chelsea look rubbish and Arsenal lose to Palace that these high owned assets like James/Jesus will plummet in value immediately?

I can definitely see a 1 pointer for James going into Spurs and a Palace clean sheet at home.

HairyBack23

Going without Salah for now.

Salah, Raya, Martinelli, Rashford vs Bowen, Saka, Maddison, Ederson

Almost looks like a no brainer as long as Haaland or Kane can perform consistently.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I am curious about Ward situation. I investigated a little bit and saw that he didn't play a single minute in the pre-season. Apart from Schmeichel, two other GKs featured (Iversen and Stolarczyk) and they are not even available in FPL to select. Does anyone know something more about this? I was considering Ward since the news about Schmeichel leaving, but now I am not sure.
Rodgers himself said he trusts Ward and Iverssen to battle for the number 1 spot... But I read on Reddit that Ward might be injured so Iverssen might be first choice, however Brendon was more complimentary of Ward. It's the best chance of a 4m GK playing so makes sense to just get him in.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Okay, so this is my final draft,

Sanchez(Ward)
Robertson Cancelo Chilwell Gabriel Digne
Mahrez Salah Bruno G Martinelli (Andreas P)
Jesus Kane (Archer)

Opinions anyone? Thank you
Chilwell has barely played any minutes during preseason and they're on the verge of signing Cucerella. Replace him with James who's a guaranteed starter. At the same price it's a no-brainer

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Ramsdale
Trent - Robertson - Walker - Cancelo
Salah - Martinelli - Kulu - Bailey
Jesus - Haaland​

Subs: Williams, Andreas, Archer

Pretty happy with that - all fairly template. Decisions are:

1. Best 5.0m DEF: Gone with Walker as looks nailed to start the season. Can see it causing issues down the line though. Quite like Trippier for the assist potential from set pieces.

2. Best 8.0 MID: Could see any of Mount / Kulu / Saka / Foden taking off. I’ve gone for Kulu to have some Spurs cover in my team.

3. Best 11.5 FWD: Liable to change this but currently on Haaland.. even in a poor match against Liverpool he could have had two goals.

Paul_Scholes18

Going without Salah for now.

Salah, Raya, Martinelli, Rashford vs Bowen, Saka, Maddison, Ederson

Almost looks like a no brainer as long as Haaland or Kane can perform consistently.
I do rather have the first. Rashford is the one I doubt, but if he plays he can get goals.

Remember that Rashford cost 9.5 last year and his ceiling is possibly higher than Maddison at least when it comes to scoring goals.

I still rather have Barnes for bigger ability to score goals, but I will probably be proven wrong on that one again. Barnes is one of my favorites and I am sure he will troll me again this season.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Anyone else not being able to log into the FPL site? Getting incorrect email or password error when I've just recently been logged in to create the new team and join the league..

0161_UNITED

Anyone else concerned that if Chelsea look rubbish and Arsenal lose to Palace that these high owned assets like James/Jesus will plummet in value immediately?

I can definitely see a 1 pointer for James going into Spurs and a Palace clean sheet at home.
I’m not worried about Jesus. There are a ton of Arsenal fans out there and they’ll stick with him (and their players). The only way Jesus becomes an issue is if Martial (who is cheaper) explodes over the first few weeks.

Chelsea assets I would be more concerned about. If they aren’t performing well, you’ll see massive movements to Perisic, Doherty, Van Dijk and Robbo, or City defenders.

This is one reason why I’m not going 5-3-2, 5-4-1 or heavy at the back. For the first time in a long time, we could see some really nice forwards. The past two years it’s been Kane and everyone else. Kane wasn’t even in top gear for half of the season last year. Then you had loads of teams with Antonio, Dennis, Lacazette or Ronaldo. Haaland, Jesus and Nunez are potential game changers compared to that lot. I’ve gone heavy on forwards because I think there’s value in those positions - these are record signings for top teams in Nunez and Haaland. They are going to have flame out like Werner. So many teams started with Werner before it became clear there were issues. I am gambling that Nunez, Haaland and Jesus will be better than that.

Certainly big at the back (TAA - Robbo - James - Perisic - Cancelo) makes sense and there’s a ton of logic and history to back it up the past few seasons, however, we haven’t seen an influx of talent at the forward position in a long, long time in FPL. I could see a lot of hits and wildcards to transfer money from defense to forwards.

Cases in point:
Firmino was fantasy viable a few years back. Nunez at around the same price point could outperform.
Aguero was a must own fantasy asset and more expensive than Haaland.
Auba at Arsenal was in loads of teams and more expensive than Jesus.
If any of those start hitting anywhere near the heights of their predecessors, it’s game on. Lacazette was still in quite a few teams during points of time last season, and he was bloody dreadful, because of the lack of quality in the forward position. Can Jesus really be worse than Lacazette?

Paul_Scholes18

I’m not worried about Jesus. There are a ton of Arsenal fans out there and they’ll stick with him (and their players). The only way Jesus becomes an issue is if Martial (who is cheaper) explodes over the first few weeks.

Chelsea assets I would be more concerned about. If they aren’t performing well, you’ll see massive movements to Perisic, Doherty, Van Dijk and Robbo, or City defenders.

This is one reason why I’m not going 5-3-2, 5-4-1 or heavy at the back. For the first time in a long time, we could see some really nice forwards. The past two years it’s been Kane and everyone else. Kane wasn’t even in top gear for half of the season last year. Then you had loads of teams with Antonio, Dennis, Lacazette or Ronaldo. Haaland, Jesus and Nunez are potential game changers compared to that lot. I’ve gone heavy on forwards because I think there’s value in those positions - these are record signings for top teams in Nunez and Haaland. They are going to have flame out like Werner. So many teams started with Werner before it became clear there were issues. I am gambling that Nunez, Haaland and Jesus will be better than that.

Certainly big at the back (TAA - Robbo - James - Perisic - Cancelo) makes sense and there’s a ton of logic and history to back it up the past few seasons, however, we haven’t seen an influx of talent at the forward position in a long, long time in FPL. I could see a lot of hits and wildcards to transfer money from defense to forwards.

Cases in point:
Firmino was fantasy viable a few years back. Nunez at around the same price point could outperform.
Aguero was a must own fantasy asset and more expensive than Haaland.
Auba at Arsenal was in loads of teams and more expensive than Jesus.
If any of those start hitting anywhere near the heights of their predecessors, it’s game on. Lacazette was still in quite a few teams during points of time last season, and he was bloody dreadful, because of the lack of quality in the forward position. Can Jesus really be worse than Lacazette?
I would not worry about money too much. In case it all goes wrong and you have 3 injuries, 10 blanks and all your 11 is top 11 in sold picks then I would just use the wildcard or take a -8.

My friend did almost beat me overall with 2 million team value less. I think our worry about 0.1 gains etc might only really benefit us for our bench boost and what we earn is maybe our extra player getting 6 points vs a 4.5 bench fodder.

The player I think might drop is Perisic if he gets reduced minutes. Salah if blank and Nunez smashing it. Kane if blank, Son if blank. Haaland if rotated.

The Neville wears Prada

What do people prefer?

Sancho and Martial

Or

Martinelli and Jesus

If I go with option B, that gives me 4 Arsenal players, so would have to move more hmmm
Too much money on the bench. No need to have anyone above 4.5m
Huh? All my bench are 4.5m, apart from Perisic who is only 5.5!

HairyBack23

What do people prefer?

Sancho and Martial

Or

Martinelli and Jesus

If I go with option B, that gives me 4 Arsenal players, so would have to move more hmmm

Huh? All my bench are 4.5m, apart from Perisic who is only 5.5!
Like I said, too much money on the bench. You're automatically behind everyone else who isn't wasting money on bench players. Pereira & Neco Williams = job done

0161_UNITED

I would not worry about money too much. In case it all goes wrong and you have 3 injuries, 10 blanks and all your 11 is top 11 in sold picks then I would just use the wildcard or take a -8.

My friend did almost beat me overall with 2 million team value less. I think our worry about 0.1 gains etc might only really benefit us for our bench boost and what we earn is maybe our extra player getting 6 points vs a 4.5 bench fodder.

The player I think might drop is Perisic if he gets reduced minutes. Salah if blank and Nunez smashing it. Kane if blank, Son if blank. Haaland if rotated.
That’s true, although I am typically more concerned with money than other owners to each their own. It shouldn’t dominate your thinking like building a good team. I think my point was more that I think there could massively more value at the forward position than we’ve seen in a long time.

Here’s what I currently have:
Ederson (Cheapest way into City’s DEF, besides Walker but is set and forget. Better value than Dias and Laporte IMO).

Robbo - Better value than TAA at the end of last season, and I can always get to TAA for .5)
Doherty - Was amazing before his injury last season, could be as good or better than Perisic for .5 less)
Dalot - 4.5 for a top 6 team
White - 4.5 for a top 6 team
N. Williams - A starting 4.0 enabler

Salah - No intro required
Kulu - The best player last season at this price point, Spurs cover and am I worried about bloody Richarlison? Nah. Only issue is it’s going to take hits to get to Liverpool’s Diaz if I have to.
Martinelli - I’d prefer Odegaard but the value pick is Martinelli
Bailey - He’s 5.0 on a decent attacking team and I prefer him to Neto, also I can go 4-3-3 and drop him
Andreas - I hate this because his value could drop like a rock when the herd moves off him.

Haaland/Kane - highly unlikely one won’t hit big
Jesus - Again, can he really be worse than Lacazette or Werner? Worst case, I’m downgrading to Martial or Undav and reinvesting.
Nunez - this is the punt and differential. It’s easy to downgrade and puts me in a position to upgrade or stand firm.

I also have .5 ITB, so I can move to TAA, Perisic or Odegaard with no hit.

redcucumber

Yeah, those options are likely to be a sideways move in terms of how reliable of returns you'd wish a starter to be in your team so the only valid 'out' would be downgrading Bailey to fodder and taking up your 4.0 mid to 4.5 who would be a decent option at best. Takes two moves and still not that great.

I think that is something that can help decide in my main two options, both of which are the two big templates right now. One is 5-3-2 and the other is 4-4-2. The 4-4-2 one has the 8m mid but no out for Bailey, while Bailey is actually a sub in the 5-3-2 one and you can just put him on the bench and still have a starting 11.

5-3-2:

Ramsdale
Trent, Robbo, Cancelo, Perisic, James
Salah, Neto, Martinelli
Haaland, Jesus

Ward, Bailey, Andreas, Archer

4-4-2:

Ramsdale
Trent, Robbo, Cancelo, Perisic
Salah, Neto, Bailey, Saka
Haaland, Jesus

Ward, Andreas, Neco, Archer

Super tough given both have their own advantages. I do feel people are being too casual with that 8m mid spot, there will be really good value options in that bracket from good teams. And if cheaper mids do become great it is always easier to come down from a higher price point.
Too many 6m and lower mids in that first one. Martinelli, Neto, and Bailey feels excessive and extremely limiting. I don't like the idea of having to make two transfers just to get an 8m player in.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I would stick my neck out and say that none of the 8 million mids will be must haves in the first stretch of the season

Kulu, Mahrez, Foden - Rotation
Saka - Jesus/Martinelli
Maddison - fixtures
Diaz - Robertson
Mount - never been an amazing FPL asset

The obsession with “leaving this price point open” isn’t a thing when you have a series of 5,5-7 mil defenders capable of out pointing them.

Paul_Scholes18

Too many 6m and lower mids in that first one. Martinelli, Neto, and Bailey feels excessive and extremely limiting. I don't like the idea of having to make two transfers just to get an 8m player in.
Well the thinking is that TAA and Robertson are better than most 8 million mids. They did outscore them last year and based on Community shield I thought they looked good to go this year as well.

Paul_Scholes18

That’s true, although I am typically more concerned with money than other owners to each their own. It shouldn’t dominate your thinking like building a good team. I think my point was more that I think there could massively more value at the forward position than we’ve seen in a long time.

Here’s what I currently have:
Ederson (Cheapest way into City’s DEF, besides Walker but is set and forget. Better value than Dias and Laporte IMO).

Robbo - Better value than TAA at the end of last season, and I can always get to TAA for .5)
Doherty - Was amazing before his injury last season, could be as good or better than Perisic for .5 less)
Dalot - 4.5 for a top 6 team
White - 4.5 for a top 6 team
N. Williams - A starting 4.0 enabler

Salah - No intro required
Kulu - The best player last season at this price point, Spurs cover and am I worried about bloody Richarlison? Nah. Only issue is it’s going to take hits to get to Liverpool’s Diaz if I have to.
Martinelli - I’d prefer Odegaard but the value pick is Martinelli
Bailey - He’s 5.0 on a decent attacking team and I prefer him to Neto, also I can go 4-3-3 and drop him
Andreas - I hate this because his value could drop like a rock when the herd moves off him.

Haaland/Kane - highly unlikely one won’t hit big
Jesus - Again, can he really be worse than Lacazette or Werner? Worst case, I’m downgrading to Martial or Undav and reinvesting.
Nunez - this is the punt and differential. It’s easy to downgrade and puts me in a position to upgrade or stand firm.

I also have .5 ITB, so I can move to TAA, Perisic or Odegaard with no hit.
Nunez may look good in theory, but in reality I would predict that TAA outscores him even if both start in terms of points per match.

Liverpool might struggle defensivly this year etc, but the good thing with TAA is he gets points both ways so even if Liverpool concedes he can get assists.

For sure double Liverpool def in gameweek 3 is not ideal against us so I will probably bench Robertson or sell one of them.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Anybody tempted by a Son and Salah draft and ignore the premium strikers?

Something like this...

Pope
TAA Robertson Cancelo Perisic
Salah Son Bailey Neto
Jesus Wilson

Son captain at home to Southampton might get you a jump start on everyone else. (Yeah I know the alternative).