Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It was for around 80-90% of regular players who decided to play the TC on the best FPL player having two of the easiest fixtures in a DGW. There was literally zero doubt there.
It wasn’t really my point anyway, my point was around those who fancied a punt on Haaland. I clearly said I would be saving mine for Salah (who I feel even surer about regarding his rest)

If people REALLY want to go for a Haaland haul, I don’t think a DGW is a goer for him. So if he is your man, may as well go for it now. I won’t be though.

SteveTheRed

Is anyone interested to captain Salah this week? If you own both Salah and Halaand?

He could be a good differential. I'm also liking the idea to captain Cancelo...just have a weird feeling that Pep will be Pep and Halaand on the bench !

Teja

Switched my profile to Everton Fan until the Glazer family sells.
I refuse to lend any positive data to these crooks.
There'll soon be more City fans than United ones in the US, so that's something

HairyBack23

I said I would be waiting for a fresh Salah this season on a DGW. That’s good advice.

I don’t think Haaland will have a DGW this season, that is just my opinion. Feel free to think differently and do your own thing. There are lots of reasons for it. His injuries over the last 18 months, strong rumors about City promising to not play him through knocks, Peps rotation with all his attacking players etc…

Stupid advice would be something else altogether.
Stupid was a bit harsh so apologies for that, no offence intended. But suggesting that TC'ing Haaland in a single GW because you reckon he will randomly have a knock during a DGW is madness. The obvious move is to wait and see what opportunities present themselves. If Haaland is fit and banging in goals at the business end of the season in a title race its far from guarantee he gets rested. This isn't Mahrez or Sterling we're talking about. You just need to look at De Bruyne in the DGW last season when he got 60 points.

The whole point of a TC is to use it when the highest ceiling possible is available. Using it on a single GW is never an option. That's why you'll absolutely never see any experts use it on one.

The Neville wears Prada

Is anyone interested to captain Salah this week? If you own both Salah and Halaand?

He could be a good differential. I'm also liking the idea to captain Cancelo...just have a weird feeling that Pep will be Pep and Halaand on the bench !
I have changed captain from Salah to Haaland, but now wondering whether to change back! Ahhhh tricky one actually! Any views?

Eplel

I'm putting all my hopes on Antonio banging 4-5 goals against Forrest to bring me to the top half of the table.

Maluco

Stupid was a bit harsh so apologies for that, no offence intended. But suggesting that TC'ing Haaland in a single GW because you reckon he will randomly have a knock during a DGW is madness. The obvious move is to wait and see what opportunities present themselves. If Haaland is fit and banging in goals at the business end of the season in a title race its far from guarantee he gets rested. This isn't Mahrez or Sterling we're talking about. You just need to look at De Bruyne in the DGW last season when he got 60 points.

The whole point of a TC is to use it when the highest ceiling possible is available. Using it on a single GW is never an option. That's why you'll absolutely never see any experts use it on one.
I wouldn’t use it in one either, but as I said, I will be waiting for a Salah. Haaland is fragile, and has a terrible injury record and if City are still in the CL, I just don’t see him playing two PL games in a short space of time.

All I said was, if your man is Haaland, and you really fancy him, I think you won’t see him in a DGW.

I think it’s something for those stuck on Kane to hold on to too. It will be very interesting to see what happens when the CL starts.

Red Star One

Boring week for me, rolling the transfer, 90% I'll leave the armband on Haaland even if Salah might be a juicy differential. 2FT next week and perhaps I will be thinking of shifting out Jesus if he blanks again, but who knows. Hoping for some returns from Bailey.

SteveCoppellFan

I've used a WC and got rid of Salah, Kane, Cancelo, TAA and Robertson.

Never done anything like that in years playing the game but thought fek it, everyone has the same side so im going to do something different and enjoy the ride ( to the bottom of my league ) ...

paulscholes18

Never done anything like that in years playing the game but thought fek it, everyone has the same side so im going to do something different and enjoy the ride ( to the bottom of my league ) ...
Fair enough, enjoyment is the most important thing.
what is your team?

Maluco

This week, and that Bournemouth home week in GW4 could be really awful for you in terms of ranking. Do you have Darwin/Diaz in the new side?

SteveTheRed

:lol: did not know this

I have changed captain from Salah to Haaland, but now wondering whether to change back! Ahhhh tricky one actually! Any views?
The safe bet is Haaland. I'd probably even say a City defender is 2nd best - If it's City's day and Bournemouth give up it could be a 4-5nil, with City getting goals all over the pitch, could be a clean sheet + assists galore

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Im having a big debate in my head about Kulusevski currently. Think he will start and is likely to get a goal or assist but he’s also likely to get subbed. At 8m would anyone swap him for a player like Foden/Mahrez?

RedDevil@84

Im having a big debate in my head about Kulusevski currently. Think he will start and is likely to get a goal or assist but he’s also likely to get subbed. At 8m would anyone swap him for a player like Foden/Mahrez?
Getting subbed after scoring a goal and/or assist is good returns already. He is not a defender. So it is not like you lose clean sheet points.
Besides City midfielders are in no way guaranteed points.

Paul_Scholes18

Bailey owners what are we doing. Bench or start him? I think Villa vs Everton can be low scoring, but hopefully he gets the clean sheet point this time at least.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Bailey owners what are we doing. Bench or start him? I think Villa vs Everton can be low scoring, but hopefully he gets the clean sheet point this time at least.
Early kick-off so waiting for potential team news. If reports say he's benched I'll start PS Pirlo.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Getting subbed after scoring a goal and/or assist is good returns already. He is not a defender. So it is not like you lose clean sheet points.
Besides City midfielders are in no way guaranteed points.
true, cheers!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Bournemouth are solid defensively. Not saying City won't win but won't be a goal galoza. Liverpool vs Palace is always a goal scoring feast.

saik

Team for GW2. 9/11 players are at home. Not bad. Shoved out B.Silva for Neto and still undecided on Rashford. Might just keep him on bench.

RedDevil@84

This is for my draft team

MF - Sancho, Foden, Diaz
Defense - Trippier, James, VVD, Gabriel

I need to pick 4 out of the lot. Any recommendations?

Paul_Scholes18

This is for my draft team

MF - Sancho, Foden, Diaz
Defense - Trippier, James, VVD, Gabriel

I need to pick 4 out of the lot. Any recommendations?
Sancho vs Foden a hard one. With Foden you never know if Pep bench him. I would start Foden still.

James vs Spurs easy to bench this time if the call is tight.

I bench Trippier as well. Brighton did look good in attack and Welbeck before his injury is pretty decent.