Fantasy Premier League 22/23

worldinmotion66

Mendy - Ward
TAA - Robertson - Perisic - Walker - Williams
Saka - Martinelli - Sancho - Rashford - Bailey
Haaland - Jesus - Darwin

Too many risks / too much emphasis on Arsenal and United attack?

Plan to bring in Kane after a few games and ease away from arsenal after their easy start. Concerned that I'm missing Salah tbh, but Darwin seems the only one capable of consistent attacking points to match him really.

Dazzmondo

Can't shake the feeling that Perisic will be subbed at half time if Spurs are beating Southampton, which I expect they will be.

worldinmotion66

Dalot + Sancho

Or

James + Neto

?

I do have perisic cancelo trent and robertson to cover some big names at the back..
I think dalot could get more attacking points this year but our defence still seems very shaky. I'm gambling on sancho to have a good season though

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Mendy - Ward
TAA - Robertson - Perisic - Walker - Williams
Saka - Martinelli - Sancho - Rashford - Bailey
Haaland - Jesus - Darwin

Too many risks / too much emphasis on Arsenal and United attack?

Plan to bring in Kane after a few games and ease away from arsenal after their easy start. Concerned that I'm missing Salah tbh, but Darwin seems the only one capable of consistent attacking points to match him really.
Too many players on the bench who cost mucho moolah.

worldinmotion66

Too many players on the bench who cost mucho moolah.
Just think there's a lot of value in some of the cheaper options this season. I'm planning to drop TAA once I see who plays regularly, for a 4m bench player, and upgrade the midfield to son/salah or attack to Kane.

If I was to stick with this team, is it worth playing the bench boost GW1?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I am closing on my team, made changes to go:

Mendy
TAA Walker Gabriel Dalot Neco
Salah Sancho Martinelli Neto Andreas
Haaland Darwin Jesus

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Just think there's a lot of value in some of the cheaper options this season. I'm planning to drop TAA once I see who plays regularly, for a 4m bench player, and upgrade the midfield to son/salah or attack to Kane.

If I was to stick with this team, is it worth playing the bench boost GW1?
Drop TAA??

I think the common consensus is pick 11 players (12 at a push), rest bench fodder, wildcard gw7 or 8.

I wouldn't personally play BB that early.

LungiDevil

Here's my latest version. Appreciate any feedback.

8M Leicester GKs

TAA - Robertson - James - Cancelo - Gabriel

Martinelli - Salah - Sancho

Kane - Jesus

Subs: Andreas, Greenwood, Longstaff

Is there an argument to get rid of Cancelo/Roberston and upgrade midfield?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain

8M Leicester GKs

Kane - Jesus

I went Saliba personally as he's cheaper than Gabriel, i read Ben White is playing right back with Tomiyasu picking up a knock in preseason, so Saliba seems safe. All else looks okay.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

8M Leicester GKs

Kane - Jesus

I don’t think there is an argument there. Cancelo and Robertson at 7.0 are guaranteeing you almost 200 points if the play the whole season. No midfielder or striker at that price can guarantee you that today.

Frank Grimes

First night looking at it, picked a Salah team and a Salahless team.

Sanchez (Hendo)
TAA Robertson James (Martinez Vestegaard)
Bruno Lingard Saka Bowen (Murphy)
Haaland Nunez (Greenwood)

or

Sanchez (Hendo)
Salah Lingard Saka Bowen (Murphy)
Haaland Johnson (Greenwood)

Last edited:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
First night looking at it, picked a Salah team and a Salahless team.

Sanchez (Hendo)
Bruno Lingard Saka Bowen (Murphy)
Haaland Nunez (Greenwood)

or

Sanchez (Hendo)
Salah Lingard Saka Bowen (Murphy)
Haaland Johnson (Greenwood)
Jesus at 8.0 is better value than Saka and definitely better than Bowen and easier fixtures. Also you playing 3-4-2?

roseguy64

My current squad is this:

Ward , Sanchez

N.Williams , Saliba, Trippier , Perisic, Dalot

Salah, Fernandes, Ward-Prowse, Andreas, Neto

Haaland, Mitrovic, Gelhardt

Have 5m space left. Wondering if I should sacrifice one of my defenders for TAA.

Also, want to put in one Sancho, Rashford or Martial. Would JWP or Neto be the better player out then or would it be better to trust Martial instead of Mitrovic/Gelhardt?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

Ward , Sanchez

Have 5m space left. Wondering if I should sacrifice one of my defenders for TAA.

Also, want to put in one Sancho, Rashford or Martial. Would JWP or Neto be the better player out then or would it be better to trust Martial instead of Mitrovic/Gelhardt?
You would assume that Bamford would be starting for Leeds, so I think Gelhardt off the bench at that price isn’t enough.

I also think those going for Neto need to start him because his whole point is his fixtures. I don’t think you need three starters on your bench.

roseguy64

You would assume that Bamford would be starting for Leeds, so I think Gelhardt off the bench at that price isn’t enough.

I also think those going for Neto need to start him because his whole point is his fixtures. I don’t think you need three starters on your bench.
Hmm thanks. Will think about it later.

LungiDevil

I don’t think there is an argument there. Cancelo and Robertson at 7.0 are guaranteeing you almost 200 points if the play the whole season. No midfielder or striker at that price can guarantee you that today.
Thank you.

I read somewhere that with Haaland in the team, City's fullbacks are not getting forward as much as they used to. I didn't watch their pre-season games, but wonder if there's truth to it.

Frank Grimes

Jesus at 8.0 is better value than Saka and definitely better than Bowen and easier fixtures. Also you playing 3-4-2?
442. Martinez will play. I like Bowen as a differential( happy he is 8.5m, he scored 200 points last season and like WH fixtures) and don't want to go overboard on Arsenal.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
If I go with the two Leicester keepers, I can do:

Ward
TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic, Robertson
Salah, Martinelli, Rashford
Jesus, Haaland

Subs: Iverssen, Bailey, Andreas, Archer

Or:

Ward
TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic
Salah, Martinelli, Diaz, Rashford
Jesus, Haaland

Subs: Iverssen, Williams, Andreas, Archer

But not sure upgrading Neto to Rashford (which noth drafts allow) is worth having a GK that will likely concede and not get too many points...

LungiDevil

If I go with the two Leicester keepers, I can do:

Ward
TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic, Robertson
Salah, Martinelli, Rashford
Jesus, Haaland

Subs: Iverssen, Bailey, Andreas, Archer

Or:

Ward
TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic
Salah, Martinelli, Diaz, Rashford
Jesus, Haaland

Subs: Iverssen, Williams, Andreas, Archer

But not sure upgrading Neto to Rashford (which noth drafts allow) is worth having a GK that will likely concede and not get too many points...
I had just posted the first version of yours above. Just switched Perisic for Gabriel and Rashford for Sancho.

With Rashford / Perisic, I just feel their places are not guaranteed in the starting line-ups

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I had just posted the first version of yours above. Just switched Perisic for Gabriel and Rashford for Sancho.

With Rashford / Perisic, I just feel their places are not guaranteed in the starting line-ups
I think you'd be 0.5 short? Maybe you had another different player...

Either way, agree about Rashy but I think Perisic is ok. Even if he plays just 60 mins per match he can cause damage and might actually better off of Spurs haven't conceded as you lock in the cleanie.

LungiDevil

Either way, agree about Rashy but I think Perisic is ok. Even if he plays just 60 mins per match he can cause damage and might actually better off of Spurs haven't conceded as you lock in the cleanie.
You're right. Longstaff vs. Bailey

Dan_F

Worth the risk for now isn’t he. Plus the added extra of him being used in one of the attacking positions with a couple of injuries. If it’s not looking good after a couple games then it’s an easy switch to Trippier.

Paul_Scholes18

Interesting in my draft league that Jansson (we are all swedish), Mings, Stones, Azpi are all taken, but noone wants Digne or Zinchencho. I guess my friends/family just look at overall points.

I got Cash and Gabriel so not sure I want to double up on those teams although the second pair maybe better.

Doherty I got and know I need to remove most likely soon, but lots of options to pick.

I feel my faith in Arsenal def will burn me, but also got Zaha so not sure what to do.

Right now benching both Zaha and Gabriel as well as Toney.

paulscholes18

Ward , Sanchez

With 5m could go Fernandes to Son, Mitrovic to Jesus. Downgrade Gelhardt to a 4.5 and JWP to Martinelli and go Dalot or Saliba to TAA

paulscholes18

So my team is nearly identical to the YouTube FPL guy Bakar (think hes fron FPLWire :lol:)
Same with me and FPL Raptor, watched a video and 13/15 were the same he had Trippier and Patterson and I had Perisic and Williams.
but the Iversen got announced at 4.0 so I went Ramsdale, James, Diaz & Haaland to Iversen, Robertson, Mahrez & Kane. But I’m pretty sure I’m going to go back to the first one.

Paul_Scholes18

Same with me and FPL Raptor, watched a video and 13/15 were the same he had Trippier and Patterson and I had Perisic and Williams.
but the Iversen got announced at 4.0 so I went Ramsdale, James, Diaz & Haaland to Iversen, Robertson, Mahrez & Kane. But I’m pretty sure I’m going to go back to the first one.
I like the first one more. Kane vs Haaland is tricky, but I think due to Bournemouth gameweek 2 I want Haaland then.

Diaz maybe not better than Mahrez, but certainly more nailed.

James bloody good in attack as well, but so is Robertson. I struggle to justify not having both unless you got Diaz.

I do not rate Leicester def much at all and the main reason I would want them is having Schmeichel who is a class keeper.
Ramsdale though I think is arguably the best keeper to have for the first 8 gameweeks if you rate Arsenal as a team now.

Ady87

I can't see how Mahrez doesn't really step up in minutes with Sterling and Jesus gone but I'm not great on the formation and tactical side of things. I just feel he's less of a risk than he's ever been.

Here is my current team but I would really prefer to have a City mid over Diaz to hedge. Got £1m in the bank. Thoughts on this as it looks? Feel like Walker £5m as it stands is a steal providing they don't sign anyone. Not precious over White, could upgrade him to Trippier etc and still move Diaz to Foden/Sancho etc depending on how the season starts.

Ward
TAA James Walker White
Salah Diaz Mount Martinelli
Haaland Jesus

Subs: Sanchez Neco Andreas Greenwood

Ibn Battuta

Supports
Chelsea
Ramsdale

TAA-Cancelo-James-Dalot-Dias

Salah-Neto-De Bruyne-Mount

Jesus

Bench: Steele, Greenwood, Andras, Taylor.

Thoughts?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I can't see how Mahrez doesn't really step up in minutes with Sterling and Jesus gone but I'm not great on the formation and tactical side of things. I just feel he's less of a risk than he's ever been.

Here is my current team but I would really prefer to have a City mid over Diaz to hedge. Got £1m in the bank. Thoughts on this as it looks? Feel like Walker £5m as it stands is a steal providing they don't sign anyone. Not precious over White, could upgrade him to Trippier etc and still move Diaz to Foden/Sancho etc depending on how the season starts.

Ward
TAA James Walker White
Salah Diaz Mount Martinelli
Haaland Jesus

Subs: Sanchez Neco Andreas Greenwood
I might start with Trippier and move him on to Walker if he's getting good minutes. Not the easiest GW1 fixture for City anyway.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
@Moby

Best GW1 BB team I can come up with...

Ward Meslier
TAA Robertson James Trippier Perisic
Neto Bailey Rodrigo Almiron Salah (c)
Kane (vc) Wilson Martial

Meh. I think you're right. Would also want to know for sure which Leicester keeper was starting before the deadline.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Ward/R Sanchez seems to rotate perfectly until Gw 13 I'm going with that.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Im nearing my final team.

Ward (Leicester) and Sanchez (Brighton) rotate well as keepers.
I did have TAA, Digne, Perisic for a while there in a 3-5-2 with Luis Diaz in midfield but have Robertson and Zaha in instead now.
Robertson should be in with a good chance of clean sheets and assists.

No Spurs is the only thing. I cant get a team I like with Salah and Son. Dont like 2x £4.5m strikers and Haaland has a great run of fixtures. Captain material in week 2.
I also wouldnt captain a Spurs players in week 1 or week 2 anyway.

Id prefer Saka over Martinelli but I cant get to him.
I feel its a less risky team than other teams I had as its easy to downgrade any part of the team to get in players who are doing well.
Robertson could go for a £4.5m-£5m at any time. Zaha can go for a £5.5m-£6m who starts well. Same with the strikers.

If I went with Neto, Bailey, Almiron or Digne etc and they're crap im stuck with them for the forseeable.

4-4-2

Ward

TAA-Robertson-Walker-Perisic (or Doherty)

Salah-Zaha-Martinelli-Mount

Jesus- Haaland

Bench: Sanchez, Andreas, Patterson, Archer.