Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Paul_Scholes18

Ward first choice right?

I may never need this keeper, but if I get this wrong there is money lost or gained.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ward
TAA - Robertson - Cancelo - Dalot
Salah - Sancho - Martinelli - Bailly
Haaland - Jesus

Sanchez - Pereira - Williams - Greenwood

1.5 ITB. Not sure what to do with the spare money.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ward
Haaland - Jesus

I think it can be good to keep 0.5 or 1.0 (for upgrades) despite the temptation if you are happy with your squad. But 1.5 should probably be invested somewhere. I don't think Bailey will do that well.

RedMist99

I would consider the 2 x 4.0 GKs but there really is no value in where I would be looking to use the extra 1.0 I'd gain. There is precious little in 6.0 mids and 5.5 fwds so I'll stick with Ramsdale and Ward

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Suspect that in a lot of cases the best use of the 0.5m you save by going with double Leicester keepers will be in upgrading one of your Leicester keepers.

Arsenal, Chelsea and United within the first isn't great.

Paul_Scholes18

Ward/Iversen Gabriel/Zinchencho vs Diaz vs Ramsdale Robbo Neto? I rather have second which is my current draft, but the first is one option now.

I do not really want a leicester keeper beyond being backup or rotating to be honest. Rather go Castagne or Justin in the future .

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Suspect that in a lot of cases the best use of the 0.5m you save by going with double Leicester keepers will be in upgrading one of your Leicester keepers.

Arsenal, Chelsea and United within the first isn't great.
£5m+ or as low as possible for me. What's the point in 'upgrading' to Sanchez, Raya or Guita? Is it that much of an upgrade?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Don't fall for that Leicester double keepers guys. Keepers can get you good points. Pope got like 130 points last year.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Don't fall for that Leicester double keepers guys. Keepers can get you good points. Pope got like 130 points last year.
I don’t know. It allows me to get Robertson in over James on my current draft. It couldn’t be any worse than other 4.5’s surely. Worth a punt for 4-5 GW before wildcard.

Kasper was shite last season, so it would well improve the Leicester defence too, especially with their players back from injury.

SB16

Ward
Haaland - Jesus

Could do Dalot -> Perisic for an extra 1m, leaving you 0.5m ITB.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I don’t know. It allows me to get Robertson in over James on my current draft. It couldn’t be any worse than other 4.5’s surely. Worth a punt for 4-5 GW before wildcard.
Won’t someone like James and Ramsdale get more points than Robertson and Ward? Leicester defense was horrible last year and they might lose Fofana too.

The Purley King

Ward
Robertson White Dalot
Eze Sancho Mount Salah(C)
Wilson Jesus Kane(VC)

Bench: Iversen Bailey (Villa) Cucurella Kilman

£0.5m in the bank

Couldn't bring myself to put Cucurella in vs us at the weekend.
Thoughts? This is my 324th effort and I still don't like it.

Maluco

Won’t someone like James and Ramsdale get more points than Robertson and Ward? Leicester defense was horrible last year and they might lose Fofana too.
I don’t think so, unless there are real problems at Leicester we aren’t aware of. Part of their problem last season was that they had a legend in nets who needed to be dropped.

They will still have Evans, Justin, Castagne back. Fofana is still there as of now. Ndidi back in midfield. They are very good. Arsenal and Newcastle will concede goals too.

Robertson is a far superior pick than James for me, in almost every single way.

I had Raya and 0,5 in the bank anyway. They are a better team than Brentford, so I think it’s a no brainer for me.

Wildcard after week 5 and get Pope in after City/Liverpool could be the move.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Ward
Robertson White Dalot
Wilson Jesus Kane(VC)

£0.5m in the bank

I like the Wilson pick. Keep debating him myself. He's just the sort I can see smashing it on opening day and the more I think about it the more I think he might be worth having in instead of an £8m for the first two at least.

Maluco

Ward
Robertson White Dalot
Wilson Jesus Kane(VC)

£0.5m in the bank

I would come back to Eze after Palace’s fixtures improve. Go with Bailey for now and use that cash to upgrade White. He will offer no attacking returns and he is a rotation risk.

Get Sancho down to Rashford so you aren’t risking too much on United, and use that 2.5 million saving to get Cancelo in for White.

Massive upgrade at the back and Bailey/Rashford will do just as well as Eze/Sancho over the first 3-4 games in my opinion.

The Purley King

I like the Wilson pick. Keep debating him myself. He's just the sort I can see smashing it on opening day and the more I think about it the more I think he might be worth having in instead of an £8m for the first two at least.
I originally had Bowen in and a worse CF - but I'm not sure West Ham will do so well this year. I like Bowen a lot, but I think they'll struggle personally.

Moby

Dick
I currently have Neto on bench. On one hand thats an insurance if Bailey/Perisic/James end up being shite but on the other it's money sitting on the bench. So the option I'm seeing is removing Perisic for the likes of Sancho/Wilson/Martial etc. Wilson is good GW1 buy for sure. But after that it goes south a bit.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Debating between Hwang and Martinelli for the final midfield spot. Has an Arsenal defeat written all over it on Friday and Hwang will start up front won't he??

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Debating between Hwang and Martinelli for the final midfield spot. Has an Arsenal defeat written all over it on Friday and Hwang will start up front won't he??
If it’s between those two then there is no competition. Martinelli all the way.

HairyBack23

I like the flexibility of having a little bit extra left over so I'm not resigned to like for like replacements.

ASM is a bit of a wildcard pick but he's had a great preseason. Probably will change him.

And with regards to GK. Maybe I am a bit over invested. Are there any 4 million GK likely to start? I like to have 2 GKs who play so I can rotate them. So if Chelsea were to play City I could easily rotate to Sanchez who may be playing Bournemouth etc..
A little bit over is 0.5m, 1.5m is massive all things considered. There's a reason you'll absolutely never see a competitive FPL player do this from the start.

ASM fair enough if you think he'll perform. But still highly unlikely to outscore 6m-7m defenders.

I've got both Leicester keepers at 4m apiece. Pretty unheard of to have a starting keeper at 4m so I think that's a good move. Ward apparently favored to start if you're looking for one. Rotating two 4.5m keepers isn't a bad move but 5m & 4.5m is too much. Obviously the 0.5m difference doesn't sound like a massive amount but it automatically puts you behind 1 million players or so.

The Purley King

I would come back to Eze after Palace’s fixtures improve. Go with Bailey for now and use that cash to upgrade White. He will offer no attacking returns and he is a rotation risk.

Get Sancho down to Rashford so you aren’t risking too much on United, and use that 2.5 million saving to get Cancelo in for White.

Massive upgrade at the back and Bailey/Rashford will do just as well as Eze/Sancho over the first 3-4 games in my opinion.
Good point re: Eze.
I wonder if I get Cancelo I'm a bit too heavy on spending with the defence, I'll have a think, thanks for your opinion !!

kps88

Looks like the 5 at the back with Neto on the bench will be the most meta team going in.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I currently have Neto on bench. On one hand thats an insurance if Bailey/Perisic/James end up being shite but on the other it's money sitting on the bench. So the option I'm seeing is removing Perisic for the likes of Sancho/Wilson/Martial etc. Wilson is good GW1 buy for sure. But after that it goes south a bit.
Which brings me to my next plan. I did this last season and it semi paid off...BB gw1.

Might knock up a draft tomorrow. The idea will be to target the best gw1 fixtures and wildcard immediately for gw2 to catch the price rises and build team value. Would allow me to go bigger on Spurs for example than I'd want to with Chelsea being their next fixture.

Moby

Dick
Which brings me to my next plan. I did this last season and it semi paid off...BB gw1.

Might knock up a draft tomorrow. The idea will be to target the best gw1 fixtures and wildcard immediately for gw2 to catch the price rises and build team value. Would allow me to go bigger on Spurs for example than I'd want to with Chelsea being their next fixture.
Yeah I've seen that idea, I won't do it, there's better points later on to get the best out of a WC.

You'd do that if City or Liverpool were playing relegation fodder. Spurs vs Soton is a good game but not like a complete banker and Soton can easily turn up (think they beat Spurs last season in the same fixture). Spurs would still be favorites of course but probably not worth wasting a whole chip on.

I liked the BB1 idea last season but less so this season.

Maluco

Good point re: Eze.
I wonder if I get Cancelo I'm a bit too heavy on spending with the defence, I'll have a think, thanks for your opinion !!
I don’t think you can spend too heavy on defence! Cancelo got 200 points last year, which none of the 8 million midfielders reached. You don’t need to go overboard, but I think he is fantastic value for money, both him and Robertson.