Fantasy Premier League 22/23

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'm starting to have doubts about Martial now with it seeming like Ronaldo is staying. Tough to get someone in I expect to score as many for the first couple of weeks though for the same price. Might have to go cheaper up top and add in a premium defender

MrBrightside1989

I keep tinkering and can't settle on a line up.

currently
Ramsdale

TAA
Cancelo
James
Trippier

Salah
Mount
Grealish
Bailey

Kane
Jesus

Ward, Williams, Andreas, Greenwood

keep considering downgrading James to say a Cash, Zinchenko etc and having that extra million to convert Bailey to Martinelli of Bruno G... also though about upgrading Greenwood to a 5.5 forward but there is little value there as far as I can see.

HairyBack23

Rate My Team

ITB - 1.5 Million

Mendy
White TAA Dias
Mount Sancho Mahrez Saint-Maxim
Jesus Nunez Kane

Sanchez Williams Patterson Andreas

Tempted to swap Kane to Mbeumo and Saint-Maxim to Salah leaving 0.5 ITB. (I like to have a small bit saved for gw1 transfer)
3/10

Having 1.5m in the bank is a bad idea. Nothing wrong with having 0.5m in case of price changes but beyond that is uncessary. Missing defenders that are far better value than ASM. No need to have a 5m and 4.5m GK either.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Second is better for me.

I'm going against the grain with this next bit, but I have doubts over James (might play CB), Perisic (too soon to tell how Conte uses him), Martinelli (rotation) and Bailey (rotation). Clearly I might be wrong on all or majority of that, but that's a lot of doubt in that team.
James - agree there are some question marks but Chelsea are still a good defence and of he doesn't look like good value, ready swap to like Dias. But with his ownership and explosive potential, he's worth the risk.

Perisic - will have minutes managed but he's so attacking that he can still cause damage and getting hooked early could actually be beneficial for those CS points.

Martinelli - I already accept he won't be a 90 minutes man, hence why he is 6.0 and not 7.5+ so that's a risk I'm happy to take.

Bailey - literally there for the first few games and then straight to the bench.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Those two are good options. But I’ve seen players like Archer and Greenwood who have no chance of play time.
Not sure about greenwood but Archer has had some minutes in pre season and has looked good so may get a free minutes here and there with 5 subs.

Skåre Willoch

How is Grealish from a fantasy perspective? 7m seems a bit underpriced, no? Same with Foden at 8.

RedMist99

Its been 3 days now since I made any changes to this team so think I'm now locked for the beginning of the season unless new info comes to light

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Its been 3 days now since I made any changes to this team so think I'm now locked for the beginning of the season unless new info comes to light

Nice team. A few punts and many template. The way I think is the best strategy.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
any thoughts on this for first couple of gameweeks, after numerous changes I think I'm locked in now, can possibly swap Digne for Walker or Zinchenko

Ramsdale

Dalot - TAA- Cancello - James - Digne

Salah - Saka - Rashford

Kane - Jesus

Bailey - Greenwood - Palmer - Ward

I should probably swap Palmer for Andreas,

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'm currently on:
Raya
James - Roberston - TAA - Cancelo
Bailey - Salah - Kulu - Neto
Jesus - Haaland
Subs - N. Williams - Andreas - Greenwood​

Pretty happy with it but may swap James out for one of the Spurs full backs given Chelsea have looked shite in preseason. There's also the temptation to lose Robertson for Diaz and redistribute the funds, but I like the idea of having his relatively low EO.

SteveCoppellFan

11/15 of my squad seems complete, apart from the fact i still cannot choose between Haaland and Kane.

Out of the 4 remaining slots, which one do you think is the best ?

Ramsdale, James, Rashford, Martinelli

Ederson, Dalot, Sancho, Martinelli

Sanchez, Dalot, Rashford, Saka

chicha14

I seem to be one of very few that are opting for Antonio and Henderson? I know West Ham's first game is against City but after that, they have a decent run of games until GW6 where they face Chelsea.

Current squad
3-4-3
Henderson
(Ward)

TAA
Cancelo
Dalot
(N.Williams & Tanganga)

Martinelli
Mahrez
Salah
Neto
(Andreas)

Jesus
Kane
Antonio

Thoughts?

Cantonaaa!

Am I the only one going into this season without Kane or Haaland?

I know it’s probably stupid, a gamble at best, but I can’t help myself wanting something different.

I have Son to cover for Kane and I genuinly believe and hope that Haaland will strugle with both niggles and gelling with the team.

Current draft. Also have one with Martial, Darwin and Jesus but without Son.

Sanchez
Trippier Arnold Cancelo Perisic
Odegaard Son Salah Bailey
Darwin Jesus

Subs: Gazzaniga, Vestergaard, Andreas, Greenwood.

paulscholes18

Alright then the season of the 4.0 keeper is finally here!
I am tempted to go Ramsdale to Iversen and go James to Robbo, but the thought of being trolled by Rodgers and him going Kasper is too much so I don’t think I will.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Leicesters back up goalie. Hes 4m no? Am I missing something or is that a steal assuming hes the trusted number 1.

SB16

Son is proving to be a big headache for me at the moment. It's either him + 2 * 4.0m defenders, or someone like Martinelli + Cancelo + Robertson. Surely the latter is the better play, esp. if one already has Kane? Just dread not starting the season with Son after he nearly burned my chances last time....

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Two 4.0 keepers is a fun curve ball. Especially when you could also make an argument for other keepers all the way up to 5.5m.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Am I the only one going into this season without Kane or Haaland?

I know it’s probably stupid, a gamble at best, but I can’t help myself wanting something different.

I have Son to cover for Kane and I genuinly believe and hope that Haaland will strugle with both niggles and gelling with the team.

Current draft. Also have one with Martial, Darwin and Jesus but without Son.

Sanchez
Trippier Arnold Cancelo Perisic
Odegaard Son Salah Bailey
Darwin Jesus

Subs: Gazzaniga, Vestergaard, Andreas, Greenwood.
I don’t have Kane and Haaland

SteveTheRed

Pretty settled on my team, Haaland and Kane will go to the wire.

Current squad
3-4-3
Mendy
(Ward )

TAA
Cancelo
James
(N.Williams & Patterson)

Luis Diaz
Salah
Neto
Bailey
(Andreas)

Jesus
Kane/Haaland
Martial

Last edited:

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
It's dependent on how many transfers in/out so players with high percentage can quickly drop in price if they blank a few times.

That shouldn't stop you assembling the best team possible though.

You know what? You might have just changed my mind on this.
It's something to take into account though. Those of us who had Benhrama and Antonio from GW1 last season made a tidy profit a few weeks down the line giving us an advantage over other teams.

Best squad is important but value is also important too. Need a good balance between the two.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm going Ward/Iversen which gives me an extra 0.5. Now to figure out where it goes :lol:

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
3/10

Having 1.5m in the bank is a bad idea. Nothing wrong with having 0.5m in case of price changes but beyond that is uncessary. Missing defenders that are far better value than ASM. No need to have a 5m and 4.5m GK either.
I like the flexibility of having a little bit extra left over so I'm not resigned to like for like replacements.

ASM is a bit of a wildcard pick but he's had a great preseason. Probably will change him.

And with regards to GK. Maybe I am a bit over invested. Are there any 4 million GK likely to start? I like to have 2 GKs who play so I can rotate them. So if Chelsea were to play City I could easily rotate to Sanchez who may be playing Bournemouth etc..

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
Pretty settled on my team, Haaland and Kane will go to the wire.

Current squad
3-4-3
Mendy
(Ward )

TAA
Cancelo
James
(N.Williams & Patterson)

Luis Diaz
Salah
Neto
(Andreas)

Jesus
Kane/Haaland
Martial
Who is your 5th midfielder? Only got 4 listed there.

I think if you decide to go for Kane then I'd replace Diaz with a city midfielder due to their favourable opening fixtures.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
3/10

Don't agree with the GK situation. It's always better to have a solid backup option in GK and you can switch between games.

RedDevil@84

Ramsdale TAA James Cancelo Salah Diaz Kane Jesus
or
Downgrade Diaz,Ramsdale (to MF <8m/4.5m keeper) to get Robertson insead of James

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm going Ward/Iversen which gives me an extra 0.5. Now to figure out where it goes :lol:
Might not be a bad idea actually with gk points often being a lottery.

I know Leicester are in dire straights but is that combo going to be any worse than an £8.5m one?

I've got Pope and Ward at the moment but that £1m could easily be reinvested. Could even put some aside for the inevitable Bailey transfer if I keep him.

Edit: Or could keep the £0.5m aside in case Leicester sign a new keeper and jump on the best £4.5m