Fantasy Premier League 22/23

ROFLUTION

Best 5mil mid?
Bailey probably best short term solution still, but his fixtures dry up and Villa was a bit meh last game. Having said that, he's probably the best shout - or just saving up 4.5 and play Pereira who might be as good a shout in an attacking midfielder role for Fulham (+ he's on free kicks and corners). Then there's Josh DaSilva at 4.5 too, but he's not assured of game time as he competes with Mathias Jensen and has been injured a lot over the last 2 seasons.

Dan_F

Missed getting Haaland for Kane while their prices were equal and am now wondering whether I should take a -4 just for GW 2 or use the free hit as I might switch 2 or 3 more players for the weekend.
Do not use the Free Hit for that :houllier:

BulgarianDevil91

Do not use the Free Hit for that :houllier:
Would you take the -4 hit instead? Prior to the first game I had no issue with getting Kane over Haaland, but as I said, I missed the time to switch them up for GW 2. I don't want to fall even further behind in points with City expected to trash Bournemouth, while Kane and Spurs will try and score for the first time in 7 games against Chelsea.

Dan_F

Would you take the -4 hit instead? Prior to the first game I had no issue with getting Kane over Haaland, but as I said, I missed the time to switch them up for GW 2. I don't want to fall even further behind in points with City expected to trash Bournemouth, while Kane and Spurs will try and score for the first time in 7 games against Chelsea.
Yeah take a hit instead. If you use free hit later in the season when teams play twice in a week, you’ll see scores of 150. Worth much more than 4 points.

Edit. If you hate your team that much, even a WC is better than FH right now.

Varun

Staff
Bailey probably best short term solution still, but his fixtures dry up and Villa was a bit meh last game. Having said that, he's probably the best shout - or just saving up 4.5 and play Pereira who might be as good a shout in an attacking midfielder role for Fulham (+ he's on free kicks and corners). Then there's Josh DaSilva at 4.5 too, but he's not assured of game time as he competes with Mathias Jensen and has been injured a lot over the last 2 seasons.
Yeah, 5mil ones are so shit I'm leaving towards getting another 4.5 and just rotating between him and Pereira. Da Silva will rotate a lot especially now that they've signed damsgaard

Keep an eye on Drewsberry-Hall.
Don't fancy the inevitable rotation once Barnes in back and when they play 2 upfront

Teja

Yeah Pereira while Fulham still have the energy to play Marco Silva's system is a reasonable bet I think.

I'm tempted to get Mitrovic but want to see them play against other relegation fodder before pulling the trigger.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Best 5mil mid?
KDH and apparently Tavernier from Bournemouth is one to watch. You've got Willock and Almiron from Newcastle as well but possible rotation risks, especially the latter. March at Brighton is £5m but more of a wingback classed as a mid.

Personally I've got my eye on a couple of the £5.5m mids in Aaronson (Leeds) and Fornals if I'm priced out of the £6m ones. Even Gross if he can keep his place as he's on pens and set pieces (goals against us last week aside). Brighton have some tasty fixtures.

The Neville wears Prada

75 points first week, so very happy and not making any changes yet.

Are more people captaining Salah or Haaland for g/w 2? I am torn!

Moby

Dick
The undisputed GOAT of FPL might be coming back. :drool:

NOTHING will ever beat that legendary night. I'd make that same decision 1000 times over just to be able to experience that feeling all over again. :lol:

Varun

Staff
KDH and apparently Tavernier from Bournemouth is one to watch. You've got Willock and Almiron from Newcastle as well but possible rotation risks, especially the latter. March at Brighton is £5m but more of a wingback classed as a mid.

Personally I've got my eye on a couple of the £5.5m mids in Aaronson (Leeds) and Fornals if I'm priced out of the £6m ones. Even Gross if he can keep his place as he's on pens and set pieces (goals against us last week aside). Brighton have some tasty fixtures.
Like KDH but wary of rotation there. Others are such poverty options that I'm leaning towards a 4.5 to rotate with Pereira now.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The undisputed GOAT of FPL might be coming back. :drool:

NOTHING will ever beat that legendary night. I'd make that same decision 1000 times over just to be able to experience that feeling all over again. :lol:
Never has a Captain blank (King) felt so good as that night :lol:

Canuckred64

75 points first week, so very happy and not making any changes yet.

Are more people captaining Salah or Haaland for g/w 2? I am torn!
I have the same dilemma. Think they will both get a pretty good haul this weekend. Haaland could get a couple of goals but Salah might get a goal and an assist. Plus Salah as a midfielder gets one point more a goal and a point for a clean sheet. I think their point total will be pretty close, so you can't really go wrong whoever you pick, bearing the unusual.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Haaland captain over Salah for me, can easily see him getting a hatrick. Would triple captain if it wasn't for the knowledge of future double game weeks.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Haaland captain over Salah for me, can easily see him getting a hatrick. Would triple captain if it wasn't for the knowledge of future double game weeks.
The thing about Haaland is, he will probably rarely play DGW, so if people fancy him, they might as well go for a fresh game with a week’s rest at the start of the season.

Salah was out of gas by the time the DGW rolled around last season too. Crucially, he will get the mid-season break this year, so I think I will wait for that with Salah.

But if Haaland is your man for the triple, I think you would be waiting for a long time for him to feature fully in two PL games within a few days. Alvarez will inevitably start the easier game.

RedMist99

The thing about Haaland is, he will probably rarely play DGW, so if people fancy him, they might as well go for a fresh game with a week’s rest at the start of the season.

Salah was out of gas by the time the DGW rolled around last season too. Crucially, he will get the mid-season break this year, so I think I will wait for that with Salah.

But if Haaland is your man for the triple, I think you would be waiting for a long time for him to feature fully in two PL games within a few days. Alvarez will inevitably start the easier game.
Yeah I agree with this.

Salah vs Norwich on opening day has been a regular triple captain for me and I've been handsomely rewarded. Tempted to do Haaland this weekend

HairyBack23

Sorry but this couldn't be more wrong and its pretty stupid advice.

For one, Salah nailed the DGW last year that I TC'd him for. Pretty sure it was the highest ever points tally in a DGW.

Secondly, there's zero reason to say Haaland won't play both games in a DGW. And who cares if it's a long wait? That's what separates people who do well at FPL to the bad players with no patience. Look at the winner from last year - played chips in gw 34, 35, 36, 37

Thirdly, Haaland isn't playing at the World Cup so he won't be out of gas.

Last edited:

JP77

Good enough team going forward?

Ederson
Robertson - TAA - Cancelo - Cash
Salah - Neto - Martinelli - Andreas
Jesus - Haaland

Subs: Ward, Neco, Bailey and Greendwood

Only worry is none of the big boys from Spurs after the Chelsea game.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Good enough team going forward?

Ederson
Robertson - TAA - Cancelo - Cash
Salah - Neto - Martinelli - Andreas
Jesus - Haaland

Subs: Ward, Neco, Bailey and Greendwood

Only worry is none of the big boys from Spurs after the Chelsea game.
You WC?

JP77

This is the team I have up to wildcard to. Only issue I have is Spurs have a good run after the Chelsea game, just trying to plan ahead to possibly get Kulu in there at some point in the next week or two. I have 1.8 million in the bank too. I'm trying to talk myself out of having both Roberton and TAA but realistically at 7 and 7.5 if they hit anywhere near last season they'll both score as well as somebody like a Darwin, Diaz etc at a cheaper price.

Maluco

?

Salah TC gave me 87 points last season.
It was far from a sure thing though when his form started dipping. That’s what I was trying to say. Salah is worth waiting for, particularly with his mid-season break this year. A fresh Salah on a DGW feels more of a sure thing

But if you are dead set on.a Haaland triple captain, it might as well be now. I wouldn’t do it, but I don’t see him playing two PL games in 3-4 days late in the season either.

Most City players would be a risk on a DGW because of Pep’s rotation. I certainly wouldn’t want to be sweating on Haaland playing a second game, when we know the rumors about his injuries and possibly rests.

Maluco

Sorry but this couldn't be more wrong and its pretty stupid advice.

For one, Salah nailed the DGW last year that I TC'd him for. Pretty sure it was the highest ever points tally in a DGW.

Secondly, there's zero reason to say Haaland won't play both games in a DGW. And who cares if it's a long wait? That's what separates people who do well at FPL to the bad players with no patience. Look at the winner from last year - played chips in gw 34, 35, 36, 37

Thirdly, Haaland isn't playing at the World Cup so he won't be out of gas.
I said I would be waiting for a fresh Salah this season on a DGW. That’s good advice.

I don’t think Haaland will have a DGW this season, that is just my opinion. Feel free to think differently and do your own thing. There are lots of reasons for it. His injuries over the last 18 months, strong rumors about City promising to not play him through knocks, Peps rotation with all his attacking players etc…

Stupid advice would be something else altogether.