Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Spark

Started the weekend so well with my Salah captain. However, not having Watkins has really fecked me. U-Dogg getting subbed on 55 and leaving Flekken on the bench were two other highly annoying instances.

Have 2 free transfers, already done Udogie to Romero, as Romero seems to be vice-captain and plays every 90 whilst costing the same. Then swapped Diaby - Douglas Luiz, as Diaby is pissing me off and costs 1.1m more than DL so feck it.

I have no Arsenal but have gambled (kind of) keeping Son rather than bring Saka in for Sheffield, only to have to play Newcastle the week after. Will probably want Arsenal coverage again very soon.

Main question is, how do we crowbar in Watkins:

Areola (Flekken)

Romero - Trips - Burn - Cash (Estu)

Son - Mitoma - Salah (C) - Douglas Luiz (Neto)

Haaland - Alvarez (Morris)

1.1m ITB. Question is, do we -4 Alvarez -> Watkins? Or are City going to steamroll United with Haaland & Alvarez double hattricks? Thinking the latter.

Cheers and thanks you.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Started the weekend so well with my Salah captain. However, not having Watkins has really fecked me. U-Dogg getting subbed on 55 and leaving Flekken on the bench were two other highly annoying instances.

Have 2 free transfers, already done Udogie to Romero, as Romero seems to be vice-captain and plays every 90 whilst costing the same. Then swapped Diaby - Douglas Luiz, as Diaby is pissing me off and costs 1.1m more than DL so feck it.

I have no Arsenal but have gambled (kind of) keeping Son rather than bring Saka in for Sheffield, only to have to play Newcastle the week after. Will probably want Arsenal coverage again very soon.

Main question is, how do we crowbar in Watkins:

Areola (Flekken)

Romero - Trips - Burn - Cash (Estu)

Son - Mitoma - Salah (C) - Douglas Luiz (Neto)

Haaland - Alvarez (Morris)

1.1m ITB. Question is, do we -4 Alvarez -> Watkins? Or are City going to steamroll United with Haaland & Alvarez double hattricks? Thinking the latter.

Cheers and thanks you.
I've got the same Watkins headache in my own squad. It's a tricky one because we're all getting greedy and trying to cram the same 5/6 players in. Something has to give and for me it's him at the moment.

troylocker

82 points and a small green. Still outside the top 3M, but slowly climbing.
I'll stick to the plan and go without Salah and save my WC.
Already made my 2 transfers this GW (I know, premature, but Botman is going down in price tomorrow):
Botman -> Tsimikas
Son -> Saka

Team going into GW10:

Johnstone (Turner)
Trippier, Cash, Tsimikas (Al-Dakhil, Lamptey)
Saka, Maddison, Bruno/Gordon/Foden
Haaland, Watkins, Alvarez
1,4M ITB

I haven't decided on captaincy or which one of Gordon, Bruno or Foden I'll go with yet. Thoughts?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Brighton are interesting with their fixtures looking great. March out long term and Welbeck injured as well I'm looking at Adingra and Ferguson as a couple of spicy differentials.

Adingra especially is at a great price point to switch to Palmer when Chelsea's fixtures turn for the better as well.

A -8 with the potential to blow up in my face immediately but with a decent longer term outlook is Maddison, Diaby, Alvarez to Saka, Adingra, Watkins. Would mean I'd have all of Trippier, Son, Salah, Saka, Watkins and Haaland finally.

ROFLUTION

Brighton are interesting with their fixtures looking great. March out long term and Welbeck injured as well I'm looking at Adingra and Ferguson as a couple of spicy differentials.

Adingra especially is at a great price point to switch to Palmer when Chelsea's fixtures turn for the better as well.

A -8 with the potential to blow up in my face immediately but with a decent longer term outlook is Maddison, Diaby, Alvarez to Saka, Adingra, Watkins. Would mean I'd have all of Trippier, Son, Salah, Saka, Watkins and Haaland finally.
I've also considered Adingra, but I'm a bit worried about consistency. The most optimal would be if Enciso came back (5.3) but I think I'll got from Diaby to Mitoma.

Mitoma will probably be the most beneficial from Brighton's injuries as he'll be their talisman and passed to/play more often. He was however mentioned to suffer from fatigue during the international break, so who knows.

In front there's too many big-hitters like Watkins, Alvarez, Haaland for me to go with Ferguson but he could be quite differential too. Joao Pedro too, but he misses some sitters. He is on penalties however.

It seems to be a recurring thing that you can get to cheap backups this season due to all the injuries. Tsimikas, Lascelles, Adingra, Lamptey (if he wasn't injured too), Chukwuemeka (if he wasn't injured), Reguilon, the list just goes on.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

Ya someone like Adingra is a great enabler. Defo one to watch, just depends what de Zerbi does with EL rotation. Hopefully something like that works out, would allow me to have Bowen, Salah, Son, Saka, Watkins, Haaland which is a nice attacking spread asweirdly this season double and more so triple ups are absolutely burning people

hodgey123

Do I use my wildcard this weekend?

Ederson (Turner)
Schar Saliba Cash (Beyer, Baldock)
Mbeumo, Maddison, Bruno, Son, Diaz
Alvarez Haaland (Joao Pedro)

I need to get Saka back in (probably for Bruno) and I want to get Salah in really.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Ederson (Turner)

I need to get Saka back in (probably for Bruno) and I want to get Salah in really.
When would you plan to wildcard if not now? I think you really need Salah, he's more essential than Haaland at the moment.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

How is adingras data? He looks a neat player but seems to be cast more wide and allowing Mitoma to cut in on the opposite flank more. But maybe that was just in the spells I was watching.

I am 0.1 shy of bringing both Mitoma and saka in, so I need a cheaper Mitoma alternative. Gordon is my pick right now.

RedDevil@84

Who are rest of your defenders?

Moby

Dick

I thought about this guy but only Mitoma is a go from Brighton for me, I can't sit around waiting to see which mental formation de Zerbi has gone for every single GW and none of the other players have done well either. Palmer is a better option for that price and if you want really short term there's Luiz.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
No idea what to do. Ranked 5mill overall, team going into GW10

Areola
Udogie Cash Walker
JWP Mbeumo Saka Salah B.Fernandes
J.Pedro Haaland

bench: Fabianski, Archer, Botman(Injured), Estupinan(injured).

2FT's 0.5m ITB

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Areola
Udogie Cash Walker
J.Pedro Haaland

2FT's 0.5m ITB
Ditch Fernandes and Pedro for say, Watkins and Bowen. Also get Trippier in your team. These are the players who look essential for under 8m.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I’m going quite template with my WC team I guess:

Areola (Turner)
TAA Trippier Konsa (Branthwaite Kabore)
Salah Son Saka Bowen Mitoma
Watkins Alvarez (Archer)

TAA is probably slightly out of the box but I really trust him to get a couple of hauls in the upcoming 6-7 games. He’s hardly ever let me down.

ROFLUTION

Areola
Udogie Cash Walker
J.Pedro Haaland

2FT's 0.5m ITB
Id try and sub in Trippier, Watkins, Maddison for the next couple of gws. Maybe take a -4. Personally I wouldnt go for Bowen when you already have JWP (which Id also move away from). If low on money, then Alvarez instead of Watkins.

Owning Estupinan and Botman is tricky. Botman out for 2 gws and Estupinan out for 1 (currently). If I had to keep hold of one then Id keep Estupinan because of his attacking capabilities. Both have equal good fixtures.
Botman’s a knee injury however, so I just wouldnt trust him long term.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I thought about this guy but only Mitoma is a go from Brighton for me, I can't sit around waiting to see which mental formation de Zerbi has gone for every single GW and none of the other players have done well either. Palmer is a better option for that price and if you want really short term there's Luiz.
That's why I said I'm only considering it now because he's running out of options to pick mental formations with injuries piling up. Obviously Mitoma is the better pick but he doesn't allow me to have the big 6 I mentioned.

Palmer is a good pick but his fixtures are awful. He'd be the out in 4 gw's or so.

Moby

Dick
That's why I said I'm only considering it now because he's running out of options to pick mental formations with injuries piling up. Obviously Mitoma is the better pick but he doesn't allow me to have the big 6 I mentioned.

Palmer is a good pick but his fixtures are awful. He'd be the out in 4 gw's or so.
I'd try and stretch to Gordon which is what im trying on the WC. And you can play Palmer in all games except City as he's on pens and nailed in the team and a better player individually.

For me I can fit Haaland, Watkins, Salah, Saka, Son and Maddison with a Palmer with the template defense but I am thinking of stretching that to Gordon and downgrading Gabriel to a 4.5. Or just go with Palmer for now and stick him in as the 7th attacker.

ROFLUTION

I’m going quite template with my WC team I guess:

Areola (Turner)
TAA Trippier Konsa (Branthwaite Kabore)
Salah Son Saka Bowen Mitoma
Watkins Alvarez (Archer)

TAA is probably slightly out of the box but I really trust him to get a couple of hauls in the upcoming 6-7 games. He’s hardly ever let me down.
No Haaland is not template. I think it's a bit madness to go without him personally, but you do get a lot of other good players instead - I just don't trust Trent. You want Haaland as captain for those GWs where he makes a hattrick (Guy made 6 hattricks last season!). Everyone else does and they usually captain him also, so you'll fall behind again whenever he does get a hattrick. Not worth the risk imo.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I'd try and stretch to Gordon which is what im trying on the WC. And you can play Palmer in all games except City as he's on pens and nailed in the team and a better player individually.

For me I can fit Haaland, Watkins, Salah, Saka, Son and Maddison with a Palmer with the template defense but I am thinking of stretching that to Gordon and downgrading Gabriel to a 4.5. Or just go with Palmer for now and stick him in as the 7th attacker.
Already got Gordon mate :)

Squad is

Areola Leno
Trippier Cash Udogie Walker Kabore
Salah Son Maddison Gordon Diaby
Haaland Alvarez Archer

1 FT, no wildcard and £0.4m in the bank. What would you do?

Mini league rival is hurting me with Watkins but I'm keeping up with him due to Trippier and Maddison. I think he brings in Saka for Bruno this week.

Moby

Dick
Already got Gordon mate :)

Squad is

Areola Leno
Trippier Cash Udogie Walker Kabore
Salah Son Maddison Gordon Diaby
Haaland Alvarez Archer

1 FT, no wildcard and £0.4m in the bank. What would you do?

Mini league rival is hurting me with Watkins but I'm keeping up with him due to Trippier and Maddison. I think he brings in Saka for Bruno this week.
Trippier and Alvarez to Gabriel and Watkins unless you can do a straight Madders to Saka.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Ederson (Turner)

Yes and you should have done it when the games started Saturday morning so you could have saved yourself a couple of price rises and drops.

Moby

Dick
Surely Walker and Diaby need to go over people who are in form like Madders and Alvarez?
Maybe. Was thinking he's need money to get either of Saka and Watkins which comes from selling Trippier. I'd prioritise Watkins over Saka for this GW but either is fine.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Gordon has better fixtures but Palmer is a better enabler. Hard to know what you need without your full team.
Turner, Areola
Burn, Cash, Gabriel, Taylor, Braithwaite
Salah, Son, Bowen, Martinelli, Almiron,
Haaland, Watkins, Archer

Taking out Almiron for one of them.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Is Mitoma going to return to form now fixtures have turned or are Brighton rubbish now?

Thinking of Mbeumo to Mitoma

Moby

Dick
@CassiusClaymore @RDCR07 @Dirty Schwein @troylocker etc below is my current WC thoughts:

Areola, Strakosha,
Tsimikas, Taylor, Branthwaite, Cash, Gabriel
Salah, Saka, Son, Maddison, Palmer
Haaland, Watkins, Mubama

The ones in bold are the ones that are the debate for me and can change, rest are pretty much locked for now. So basically it is the fourth midfielder/third striker in the 7-8m bracket which is the main decider and the rest follows based on that, and the options are: Maddison, Bowen, Martinelli, Alvarez and Darwin. I won't be looking outside of that, so in that group, I think.

Madders: Nailed for Spurs, no midweek, great attacking stats and form, however mixed fixtures and is a second Spurs player in the team.
Bowen: Main goal threat for the team, good fixtures, good stats, but they have midweek and don't see them as a high scoring outfit. Getting him allows me to upgrade Palmer to Gordon.
Martinelli: Good fixtures, good team, but his stats are quite bad this season and he can be rotated.
Alvarez: Pretty okay fixtures for an attacker, he's in form, might be a minutes risk. But cheapest of the lot, and allows upgrades elsewhere like Gordon and a better 4th defender.
Darwin: I think I will ignore him most probably, far too much of a minutes risk.

So for me it is largely down to keeping Madders for now, see how the next two games vs Palace and Chelsea where I expect them to score, and see how Bowen and Martinelli look. If needed, I can move to either of them after two games, which is when Bowen has Forest and Burnley or Martinelli who has a great run after Newcastle. The problem is if I keep Madders, I either downgrade Gordon to Palmer, or one of Cash or Gabriel to Torres or Guehi. So basically going with Maddison makes the budget very tight. On the flipside it is easier to go from him to Martinelli or Bowen than vice versa. I am inclined to go with Gordon and downgrade Gabriel to a Coufal/Guehi or whatever. Feel like putting more money in midfield will be easier to move things around.

Any thoughts?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
@CassiusClaymore @RDCR07 @Dirty Schwein @troylocker etc below is my current WC thoughts:

Areola, Strakosha,
Haaland, Watkins, Mubama

The ones in bold are the ones that are the debate for me and can change, rest are pretty much locked for now. So basically it is the fourth midfielder/third striker in the 7-8m bracket which is the main decider and the rest follows based on that, and the options are: Maddison, Bowen, Martinelli, Alvarez and Darwin. I won't be looking outside of that, so in that group, I think.

Madders: Nailed for Spurs, no midweek, great attacking stats and form, however mixed fixtures and is a second Spurs player in the team.
Bowen: Main goal threat for the team, good fixtures, good stats, but they have midweek and don't see them as a high scoring outfit. Getting him allows me to upgrade Palmer to Gordon.
Martinelli: Good fixtures, good team, but his stats are quite bad this season and he can be rotated.
Alvarez: Pretty okay fixtures for an attacker, he's in form, might be a minutes risk. But cheapest of the lot, and allows upgrades elsewhere like Gordon and a better 4th defender.
Darwin: I think I will ignore him most probably, far too much of a minutes risk.

So for me it is largely down to keeping Madders for now, see how the next two games vs Palace and Chelsea where I expect them to score, and see how Bowen and Martinelli look. If needed, I can move to either of them after two games, which is when Bowen has Forest and Burnley or Martinelli who has a great run after Newcastle. The problem is if I keep Madders, I either downgrade Gordon to Palmer, or one of Cash or Gabriel to Torres or Guehi. So basically going with Maddison makes the budget very tight. On the flipside it is easier to go from him to Martinelli or Bowen than vice versa. I am inclined to go with Gordon and downgrade Gabriel to a Coufal/Guehi or whatever. Feel like putting more money in midfield will be easier to move things around.

Any thoughts?
Madders & Bowen. The latter has great fixtures, the former is on great form. Mubama is a waste and makes you not very flexible.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Areola, Strakosha,
Haaland, Watkins, Mubama

Any thoughts?
What's a Strahoshka? That defence is paper thin. I know you said you won't look elsewhere but why not take your own advice to me and get Mitoma instead of Maddison which allows you to upgrade the 5th midfielder and the 4th defender?

Moby

Dick
Madders & Bowen. The latter has great fixtures, the former is on great form. Mubama is a waste and makes you not very flexible.
Which one out of those two is the main conundrum. Mubama can be Archer if I have money to spare but I don't really care too much about the fodder striker/mid.

Bowen fixtures in the next two are Everton at home and Brentford away, so my thought is it won't be a big deal to not dive into a David Moyes vs Sean Dyche fistfight and see what Spurs do vs a Palace who got smashed for 4 goals in the weekend. And then if I feel like making that switch I do it a couple of weeks down the line, or even next week. On the other hand if Maddison continues to do well, I just keep him.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Which one out of those two is the main conundrum. Mubama can be Archer if I have money to spare but I don't really care too much about the fodder striker/mid.

Bowen fixtures in the next two are Everton at home and Brentford away, so my thought is it won't be a big deal to not dive into a David Moyes vs Sean Dyche fistfight and see what Spurs do vs a Palace who got smashed for 4 goals in the weekend. And then if I feel like making that switch I do it a couple of weeks down the line, or even next week. On the other hand if Maddison continues to do well, I just keep him.
Also think you should look at the defense. It's very weak.

Moby

Dick
What's a Strahoshka? That defence is paper thin. I know you said you won't look elsewhere but why not take your own advice to me and get Mitoma instead of Maddison which allows you to upgrade the 5th midfielder and the 4th defender?
It's the second Brentford keeper, basically a 3.9 keeper as a dead spot.

If I am going down to a 6.5-ish price I will just rather keep Alvarez who for me is easily better than any of the 6.5m midfield options, and in this case far less of a minutes risk as compared to Mitoma while playing centrally, taking set pieces and what not. In fact it might come down to keeping him, for that money he's great value and if I lose a consistent performer like Madders I'd rather get a City attacker who has been similarly consistent and has good ceiling, while being fixture proof.

Moby

Dick
Also think you should look at the defense. It's very weak.
It is what it is, there aren't many clean sheets around and outside of Trippier and Trent who cost a lot, the other attacking options are either out like Chilwell, James, Estupinan etc or won't work with the fixtures like Porro, Udogie etc. So I don't feel investing much there. If I go with Maddison + Palmer, I get an Arsenal, Liverpool and Villa defender two of which are attacking threats and all three of them have good fixtures. Even Burnley have playable games so Taylor is fine as a back up.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
No Haaland is not template. I think it's a bit madness to go without him personally, but you do get a lot of other good players instead - I just don't trust Trent. You want Haaland as captain for those GWs where he makes a hattrick (Guy made 6 hattricks last season!). Everyone else does and they usually captain him also, so you'll fall behind again whenever he does get a hattrick. Not worth the risk imo.
I don’t see myself captaining Haaland for any of the next 6-7 games except maybe Bournemouth next week (and Salah is at Luton so a good pick as well) hence going without him. I don’t see a point having a 14m asset that I don’t captain. I don’t want to own both Salah and Haaland, the £9.6m over Archer is better distributed elsewhere IMO.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I really was considering binning Haaland to get 3 of Madison/Son/Saka/Trippier in my team with Watkins in attack.

But watching us play today, he might get a hattrick in Sunday...

saik

I really was considering binning Haaland to get 3 of Madison/Son/Saka/Trippier in my team with Watkins in attack.

But watching us play today, he might get a hattrick in Sunday...
I did consider triple captaining him but we are playing at home and are typical game raisers in these games at home so I dropped that idea.

Salah or Haaland at home against us are my triple captain options. Even in good form we got spanked last time around, god help us if we go there in this rotten form.