Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sometimes a special moment happens in fantasy football.
Something that looked a lost cause, seeing 8 points wasted for Dubs on the bench.

Then comes along an 11 point Areola.

This is emotional.
95 point week .

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Wow, Areola. After I created such a lead on my rival thanks to Foden and Alvarez, he's ended up on more points than me thanks to Salah and Areola.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Of all weeks Estu gets a cleanie it's the week before I bring him in and he could have been insurance for the Bowen blank

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wow, Areola. After I created such a lead on my rival thanks to Foden and Alvarez, he's ended up on more points than me thanks to Salah and Areola.
Alvarez instead of Salah as cap ended up being madness.
However, you can't word the relief of when Alvarez tapped his goal in.

But we learn for the future.

ROFLUTION

How come in the price changes Palmer and Estupinan are locked? What’s the rules for them? One banned, the other injured. Is it 2 gws of lock for both types before they can rise and fall in prices again?

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
fecking Areola the cnut has gotten about 30 points in three games since I dropped him feck my fecking life

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How come in the price changes Palmer and Estupinan are locked? What’s the rules for them? One banned, the other injured. Is it 2 gws of lock for both types before they can rise and fall in prices again?
Players that go directly from red flag to no flag are locked for 7 days.

hodgey123

I think I am going to have to wildcard after the FA Cup next week:

Dubravka Strakosha
Pau Gomez Gabriel Mengi Lascelles
Saka Son Salah Foden Ahamada
Solanke Watkins Cunha

Salah and Son are going to be unavailable for 3 weeks and I will need to get Haaland back in. Any suggestions for a wildcard team/musts? I will get Palmer back in as well for one of Son/Salah and Cunha's time is probably done in my team.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Of course Porro scores a top corner worldie and keeps a cleanie against PL opposition when it doesn't matter.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Only four? Lowest I’ve seen I think.

OR?
665k, gone down a lot the past few weeks.

Sold Areola during that week or two when he and Turner both didn't play as they were my goalies. Picked up Dubravka as Pope got injured at the same time.

Got Zinchenko as my Arsenal defender for the added xGI potential over Gabriel. I did have Gabriel right at the start of the season but he got dropped/rested in GW1 or 2 (I think?) so I sold him soon after and never went back.

Never been able to afford TAA at the back after prioritising midfielders and forwards.

Binned off Son soon after Maddison's injury because he blanked twice in a row right after and their attack looked a little blunt to me at that time.

Always found someone else to take over Palmer when shuffling the midfield. That's one of two big regrets!

The other is keeping hold of Haaland during his absence. Had him and Watkins since the start and have been playing a mix of 3-5-2 with Archer or 4-5-1 lately so no space or money for Alvarez or Solanke.

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah I can't get my head around that at the moment. Just happy to have all my chips still.

I've made the mistake in the past of planning too much for those blank and double gw's and missing the points leading up to them.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Also Timo Werner to Spurs. Eurgh. If he takes the striker position from Son then not sure he's gonna be worth keeping.
Should be alright, Son was still doing well enough lately on the left. What's his overall numbers like since moving there versus before?

Mind you, if Werner misses chances the way he has before in the PL it can impact Son's assist numbers as a knock-on effect.

I've got Richarlison, he could be out of the team altogether.

Edit: I'll answer it myself. Since Richarlison came back into the team and Son was moved primarily to the left vs. Newcastle, Son scored 17, 2, 7, 5, 9 points.

3 goals, 3 assists in 5 games.

xG of 2.11 which is around 0.43/90

xA of 1.08 or around 0.22/90

xGI 0.65/90

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Just thought of something when working out those per 90 stats for Son. Understat and FBref carry these stats, but do they include injury time?

At times this season matches have been over 100 minutes long. Second halves in particular often being 52-55 minutes.

Someone who got subbed off after 87 minutes doesn't just play 3 minutes less than someone who played 90. It could be 10 or more easily, and the more tired players are, the more goals are scored.

I think these long second halves could be why clean sheets are hard to predict.

Having said that, the ball isn't even play for the same amount of time during each game, that varies a lot too. For the ultimate per 90 stats we'd had have to find those numbers and bring them into the equation as well.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm not a stat man personally but watching the games I have noticed that when Richarlison comes off usually between 60-70 mins Son then goes up front.

Anyway, Estupinan with another goal tonight. Has to come back in to people's squads soon surely. I'd get him in now but not for a hit.