Fantasy Premier League 23/24

AlexUTD

I'm not a stat man personally but watching the games I have noticed that when Richarlison comes off usually between 60-70 mins Son then goes up front.

Anyway, Estupinan with another goal tonight. Has to come back in to people's squads soon surely. I'd get him in now but not for a hit.
Feck i do not have room for him in defence...

I have TAA, Trippier, Doughty, Porro and Walker.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Feck i do not have room for him in defence...

I have TAA, Trippier, Doughty, Porro and Walker.
A lot of money in that defence. What formation do you play? I pretty much always play 3 at the back so if I was wildcarding now it would probably be TAA, Porro, Estu, Doughty, Gusto.

paulscholes18

Hated my team, as I was already on a -4 and still had 3 red coded players on the bench I popped my WC.

Areola Turner
Porro Gabriel TAA Estupinan Al-Dakhil
Saka Bowen Palmer Richarlison Foden
Watkins Toney Haaland

Lux Thunder

Used my two free transfers to get Estupinan and Gross for Senesi and Salah. Enough money ITB to go for Haaland later and also could easily go Son for KDB in next weeks when he gains some match fitness.

Current team(4-4-2):

GK: Turner, Dubravka
DF: Coufal, Gabriel, Estupinan, Porro, Udogie
MF: Bowen, Saka(C), Gross, Palmer, Son
CF: Alvarez, Watkins, Solanke

paulscholes18

You used your second WC?
Yep, in a ideal world I would have waited till after the AFCON and Asia Cup, but my team has just been between 240k-180k since GW8 so hopefully this is the boost my team needs to push for a top 100k finish.

AlexUTD

A lot of money in that defence. What formation do you play? I pretty much always play 3 at the back so if I was wildcarding now it would probably be TAA, Porro, Estu, Doughty, Gusto.
Ive played 3-5-2 but going to 5-4-1 when Salah, Son and Håland are all back with focus on big hitters and defence.

Trippier will come good again with Newcastle getting much needed rest andd they out of Europe.

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
Ive played 3-5-2 but going to 5-4-1 when Salah, Son and Håland are all back with focus on big hitters and defence.

Trippier will come good again with Newcastle getting much needed rest andd they out of Europe.
After I solve Salah + Son for the upcoming GW Trippier is probably the one I'll be looking at alternatives for. Brutally out of form and is getting increased competition from Livramento, as well as Newcastle looking a bit weaker defensively.

AlexUTD

After I solve Salah + Son for the upcoming GW Trippier is probably the one I'll be looking at alternatives for. Brutally out of form and is getting increased competition from Livramento, as well as Newcastle looking a bit weaker defensively.
I think you will regret it. Newastle have not the biggest squad especially in midfield, after Tonali got suspended they have played too much. Them being out of Europe willl deffo help them.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Was hoping Haaland might be involved in the FA Cup today in some capacity.

Haven't made any moves yet and he's still in my squad, still have Salah to transfer out too.

Leaning towards wildcard but that's a headache too for when I inevitably want to bring Haaland back when fit plus at least one of Son and Salah when they return from international duty.

JP77

Also Timo Werner to Spurs. Eurgh. If he takes the striker position from Son then not sure he's gonna be worth keeping.
Will probably be a good thing for Son tbh. He needs more attacking options around him. Right now defences are doubling up on him. Think that will change a bit once Maddison is back and another option in Werner. Son is captain so likely won’t be rotated much either, always going to be their star man.

I have considered getting rid permanently tbh as I was there on New Year’s Eve for the game against Bournemouth and he was absolutely terrible yet still managed to get a goal and should have had another. I definitely think he’s worth it going forward once back from the international cup and he’s going to have his big weapon in Maddison back.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Will the PL teams having to play a extra FA cup match affect PL matches.
Actually only cares about Bowen and West Ham.
Bowen down injured in the final minute and receiving treatment at full time. Might not be involved for a while.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've Bowen already brought in but don't think they play for another 14 days and he's very durable so hopefully be ok
That makes for a really weird game week doesn't it, split across 2 different weekends, across 10 days.

I've got Salah, Son, Maguire and Lascelles to deal with, not to mention the Haaland situation to monitor - won't do a thing until very near the deadline. Value isn't really an issue half way through the season when you're taking out 2 high priced players.

Canuckred64

Transferring Salah out for De Bruyne. Saw enough today to think he should be good to play against Newcastle.

JP77

Transferring Salah out for De Bruyne. Saw enough today to think he should be good to play against Newcastle.
Fantastic player but just can’t take the risk. He’s a rotation risk even more considering he’s just returned from a serious injury. Can’t be spending over 10 million on a player that might not play every game. If you’re spending that much on a player you want a dead cert, which is why at that price only Salah and Haaland justify spending 10+ million. KDB fit and playing every game, probably worth it, too much of a question mark though.

Canuckred64

Fantastic player but just can’t take the risk. He’s a rotation risk even more considering he’s just returned from a serious injury. Can’t be spending over 10 million on a player that might not play every game. If you’re spending that much on a player you want a dead cert, which is why at that price only Salah and Haaland justify spending 10+ million. KDB fit and playing every game, probably worth it, too much of a question mark though.
He may not play the full 90 next game or two but a fit De Bruyne plays every game in my opinion.

JBG

Kevin De Bruyne: “I don’t expect to be playing too many #ManCity games and Newcastle next week is a big game so I’ll expect to be back on the bench. I want to play every game but I know in the back of my mind I need to take care of myself...”

This is from an interview he did couple of days ago in the MEN if I'm not mistaken.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He may not play the full 90 next game or two but a fit De Bruyne plays every game in my opinion.
When fit he will, but he won't take the pens, and they don't half share the attacking spoils around bar Haaland.
Would stay with Haaland to be honest, unless it's a short term thing until Salah and Son are back?

Canuckred64

When fit he will, but he won't take the pens, and they don't half share the attacking spoils around bar Haaland.
Would stay with Haaland to be honest, unless it's a short term thing until Salah and Son are back?
Who knows when Haaland will be back, I have the money to bring him back and can always transfer De Bruyne when Salah is back. What with the injuries and players being away on International competitions I have10 million in the bank. Really strange when I am used to spending all the game gives us.

Swiss_Red89

So finally thats Garnacho in for me after that performance. Really want to have an United attacker as I missed that feeling recently while watching us. Therefore, he is a no brainer for 4.8m.

One of the first names on the teamsheet currently, can play from the left as well as from the right. Good potential for assists and goals in the next 10 GW's imo. Especially for that price, which will also help me to save the funds to buy back Salah.

Anyone on the train?

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
So finally thats Garnacho in for me after that performance. Really want to have an United attacker as I missed that feeling recently while watching us. Therefore, he is a no brainer for 4.8m.

One of the first names on the teamsheet currently, can play from the left as well as from the right. Good potential for assists and goals in the next 10 GW's imo. Especially for that price, which will also help me to save the funds to buy back Salah.

Anyone on the train?
Decent shout especially if playing 3 up front. Lots of value in the midfield enables your 3 big hitters in Salah, Son and Haaland plus 90 minute talisman strikers like Watkins and Solanke and then you can fill that out with bargain picks like Palmer, Nacho, Bailey, Luiz , Hwang, Neto etc and still have a decent defence. Too easy this season.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Kevin De Bruyne: “I don’t expect to be playing too many #ManCity games and Newcastle next week is a big game so I’ll expect to be back on the bench. I want to play every game but I know in the back of my mind I need to take care of myself...”

This is from an interview he did couple of days ago in the MEN if I'm not mistaken.
I was reading attentively…. and then it all went to pot.

I actually want him too but I think that’s me thinking of pre-Robot KdB when most things went through him and he was like a 10. Now Peps moved to ’boring by numbers’, think he’s too much for what he’ll get. But will watch with interest.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Haaland needs to take his time. He's allowed back in GW 23

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Haaland needs to take his time. He's allowed back in GW 23
Yep no rush as dealing with Salah and Son, plus making sure to have 3 playing defenders is already enough of a headache, without him coming back next game.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Are you bloody kidding me... I spent loads to get this guy in. I was going to play 4 at the back due to the Son transfer to be done but now I'm struggling for 11 fit players.

Then again, not sure I could have done much because Zinchenko was also injured, so had to move him on as well.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Fml. Out for a month at least. I am the jinx of Jarrod Bowen.

Now do I take a -4 to remove him again or wildcard. I dunno.