Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Why!? WW people know Dick. He's an angel on crack
No idea but I did notice he used to make a few risky comments on threads so probably said something inappropriate. WW players constantly getting banned though. Hopefully Alto doesn't fall victim as the games won't be the same without that guy.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think I'll actually keep the current team and save the transfer despite having Son out. Having 2 FTs in the upcoming weeks may prove to be very valuable and I got a good team in place:

Martinez (Dubravka)
TAA Gabriel Porro Walker (Branthwaite)
Foden Odegaard Saka (Son Palmer)
Solanke Raul Watkins

Even if TAA is unable to play v Chelsea I will have Branthwaite or Palmer coming on. I was thinking about swapping Son out for Garnacho to accommodate Haaland next week but I don't even know whether he'll be ready to play then.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So shite. Captained Saka and had Gabriel in my back four. I can only assume the decision was made in order to feck me and me alone.
Same. 10 points (3 for assist, 3 for C, 3 for goal and 1 point for bonus) robbery. Unbelievable that this is ok for FPL.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Who are Liverpool due to play in the DGW? Tempted to bring Jota in for Saka this week.

troylocker

Has anyone made a plan then for the upcoming gw's?

I think if as we expect Liverpool get a double in 25 as well then my transfer between now and then will be bringing in 2 more City players and 2 from Liverpool which would give me 6 doublers in 25. I'm still 50/50 on BB or TC that week as the fixtures are not bad for the single gw players I'd be benching so I could just get it out of the way. 26 should be manageable with 1 transfer or a hit to get a team out assuming no injuries.

29 seems to be the one that people are looking to FH in but the fixtures are looking so thin on the ground I'm thinking it might not even be worth it. Just grab a couple of Spurs in and maybe Toney and you're good to go for 29 as well.
You should keep in mind though that Spurs and Chelsea blanks in 26 as well and Liverpool's schedule after their likely double in 25 looks like this: GW26 blank, GW27 NFO away, GW28 City, GW29 Blank. That is most likely 2 blanks and City in the next three + plus you need a plan for Spurs/Chelsea players in GW26 + have a plan to field as many as possible for GW29....

As good as that Liverpool double looks, it is a tough puzzle to handle.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
You should keep in mind though that Spurs and Chelsea blanks in 26 as well and Liverpool's schedule after their likely double in 25 looks like this: GW26 blank, GW27 NFO away, GW28 City, GW29 Blank. That is most likely 2 blanks and City in the next three + plus you need a plan for Spurs/Chelsea players in GW26 + have a plan to field as many as possible for GW29....

As good as that Liverpool double looks, it is a tough puzzle to handle.
Yep which is why I'll probably go with 3 x City and only 2 from Liverpool in 25.

troylocker

Bus team right now:

Pickford (Dubravka)
TAA, Porro, Estupinan (Zinch, Gusto)
Saka, Richarlison, Foden, Palmer (Garnacho)
Watkins, Alvarez, Solanke

10,8M ITB
1FT

Waiting for Haaland news to go Alvarez ->Haaland, if no news I'll probably roll

Who do I bench and cap this week. Right now I'm leaning on Foden or Rich as caps and benching one of Garnacho and Solanke.
Thoughts?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I've been kinda lost since the last month whilst on holiday. Can someone fill me in on what's going on? I'm so confused :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Really torn on whether to punt on KDB. A lot of those content creators are against it, and I see why. His minutes aren't guaranteed and its a lot to spend.

That said he's a much more fun pick than Foden. Foden trolls me every time I fecking pick the guy,.

Pickle85

Really torn on whether to punt on KDB. A lot of those content creators are against it, and I see why. His minutes aren't guaranteed and its a lot to spend.

That said he's a much more fun pick than Foden. Foden trolls me every time I fecking pick the guy,.
This is the decision I'm struggling with too. Debating going KDB, foden and Haaland over the next couple of weeks, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to get haaland in again. C. eight or nine weeks ago I had a tantrum in my ff WhatsApp group and vowed upon my honour that I was done with haaland and that he wouldn't be back in my side for the rest of the season. That was when I was doing terribly so it didn't matter. I've since picked up a bit and have a realistic shot of winning the thing, so my previously principled stand is looking less appealing...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is Haaland confirmed out for GW22?
Think he said in the FA Cup press conference that Haaland is ready for his first minutes, similar to what KDB was. I read that as coming off the bench vs Burnley.
This is the decision I'm struggling with too. Debating going KDB, foden and Haaland over the next couple of weeks, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to get haaland in again. C. eight or nine weeks ago I had a tantrum in my ff WhatsApp group and vowed upon my honour that I was done with haaland and that he wouldn't be back in my side for the rest of the season. That was when I was doing terribly so it didn't matter. I've since picked up a bit and have a realistic shot of winning the thing, so my previously principled stand is looking less appealing...
:lol: I mean you don't need to rush for Haaland. He likely isn't starting vs Burnley.

KDB is *very* tempting, considering I have 3 enablers in Palmer, Garnacho, Gordon on my side. But I think I might pussy out and play the safe move in Foden.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Lots of you gambling by not having Haaland. Vs bloody Burnley. Even 30 minutes will be enough for him to score a goal. Him and Kdb will have a haul.
I even captained Haaland. What can go wrong?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Lots of you gambling by not having Haaland. Vs bloody Burnley. Even 30 minutes will be enough for him to score a goal. Him and Kdb will have a haul.
I think you are right you know. It was in the back of my mind, but this is the first time I have seen someone say it.

It’s important to not get led away by biases from these creators because they will always try and justify their own decisions. They have rules out Haaland and all explained why they won’t be getting de Bruyne, but that’s because they don’t have them and are trying to justify their own teams.

I think I might start haaland over Saka.

suheilsworld

I had the salah cash so I did Sarabia to Jota for this GW. Have cash to bring in haaland next GW but will be tough deciding between Watkins, Solanke and Alvarez. For now it looks like Alvarez to Haaland

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Surely the gamble is putting Haaland in if anything. He wasn't even on the bench for the fa cup game so very unlikely that he starts. Sure he could come on for 20/30 minutes at the end but you have to play the percentages. Also what motivation is there to bring him on at the end if City are winning comfortably as expected other than minutes under his belt?

Do City have a presser tomorrow?

Moby

Dick
Surely the gamble is putting Haaland in if anything. He wasn't even on the bench for the fa cup game so very unlikely that he starts. Sure he could come on for 20/30 minutes at the end but you have to play the percentages. Also what motivation is there to bring him on at the end if City are winning comfortably as expected other than minutes under his belt?

Do City have a presser tomorrow?
The one theory for him to get good minutes in this game is it's against his old pal Kompany who cares enough about City that he won't be telling his CBs to go hard on Erling, unlike Newcastle or Spurs would've done, so it's a good game to bring him back if he is indeed fit enough to be brought back, but can't see a start here, at max a sub appearance.

The problem is all other captain options are shite. I'll consider bringing him in if I am in a situation to captain fecking Richarlison. :lol:

JP77

Brought Haaland back in for Alvarez. Just don’t want to take the risk of not having him in and he starts against Burnley or gets on early in the second half, just think he’s going to be fired up to get back in among the goals.

Jota as captain right now. He surely starts as he’s been great since Salah left and he looks dangerous every time he does start. Just not many great options this week, not risking it on Bowen.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My issue is I've got Alvarez ready to switch out.
So it'd a daft risk to swap a guaranteed striker home to Burnley out for him on paper.

Could obviously turn out to pay off but would probably feel worse if Alvarez outscores him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
My issue is I've got Alvarez ready to switch out.
So it'd a daft risk to swap a guaranteed striker home to Burnley out for him on paper.

Could obviously turn out to pay off but would probably feel worse if Alvarez outscores him.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

I think if as we expect Liverpool get a double in 25 as well then my transfer between now and then will be bringing in 2 more City players and 2 from Liverpool which would give me 6 doublers in 25. I'm still 50/50 on BB or TC that week as the fixtures are not bad for the single gw players I'd be benching so I could just get it out of the way. 26 should be manageable with 1 transfer or a hit to get a team out assuming no injuries.

29 seems to be the one that people are looking to FH in but the fixtures are looking so thin on the ground I'm thinking it might not even be worth it. Just grab a couple of Spurs in and maybe Toney and you're good to go for 29 as well.
Nope.

Never had one in all the years I’ve played FPL and I refuse to start now.

Moby

Dick
As the fellow early Bowen buyer what's your plan with him?

I am now on

Areola Dubravka
Trent Porro Gabriel Trips Mengi
Saka Palmer Gordon Bowen Richa
Solanke Watkins Alvarez

Probably benching one of Gordon/Palmer/Solanke (who?) and Trips and Mengi on the bench as well.

So do I sell Bowen (Bournemouth at home) to get Foden who seems to be very popular for this week or roll with this squad? My initial plan was to get Haaland and I have money to sell Alvarez or Solanke for him in one move but he's not back yet. So what's the move here?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

I am now on

Areola Dubravka
Solanke Watkins Alvarez

Probably benching one of Gordon/Palmer/Solanke (who?) and Trips and Mengi on the bench as well.

So do I sell Bowen (Bournemouth at home) to get Foden who seems to be very popular for this week or roll with this squad? My initial plan was to get Haaland and I have money to sell Alvarez or Solanke for him in one move but he's not back yet. So what's the move here?
Bowen》Foden. With KDB back, Foden is not that popular option anymore. While Bowen is top dog in WH

vic090482

My current team is,

Pickford (Areola)
Porro Saliba Branthwaite (Konsa, Burn)
KDB(c) Saka Gordon Foden (Palmer)
Solanke Watkins Alvarez

Really struggling on who to bench and captain, tentatively KDB for now! Any suggestions?

Next GW, will replace Alvarez with Haaland.

Bristol_Red_87

The one theory for him to get good minutes in this game is it's against his old pal Kompany who cares enough about City that he won't be telling his CBs to go hard on Erling, unlike Newcastle or Spurs would've done.
Can't for the life of me imagine that a manager at that level is telling his players to go easy, no matter what the sentiment!

You could however argue it the other way. City are 2-0 up with 20 to go, game is won, Haaland and KDB on for some minutes but told to go easy, team ordered to control game rather push for more goals etc etc.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

I am now on

Areola Dubravka
Solanke Watkins Alvarez

Keeping Bowen for now. Already own Foden. Archer and Son are my routes to Haaland or any other midfielder I fancy. Will decide later on but unless we hear that Haaland is getting guaranteed minutes I'll wait another week for him.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
In my situation do you keep Bowen or move to Foden?
Maybe. Is Foden one of the 3 you want for the upcoming double? As an isolated fixture it could easily backfire but if he's in your plans then why not. It's the best fixture of the weekend for the best team in the league. I would love to double up on City but I don't think Haaland is quite there and I don't really fancy another mid from them because xmins.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Current team:

Raya
Porro, Saliba, Estupinian, Doughty
Saka, Palmer, Bowen, Foden
Alvarez, Twatkins

Subs: Dubravka, Branthwaite, Archer, Son

Option 1: Archer to Haaland (bench Doughty).
Option 2: Son to Jota (bench Doughty).
Option 3: Roll transfer and start with above team.

@CassiusClaymore @Moby @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Sandikan @others
Similar dilemma to you. Waiting for the pressers but likely doing #2 although I might bench Palmer over Doughty.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Current team:

Raya
Porro, Saliba, Estupinian, Doughty
Saka, Palmer, Bowen, Foden
Alvarez, Twatkins

Subs: Dubravka, Branthwaite, Archer, Son

Option 1: Archer to Haaland (bench Doughty).
Option 2: Son to Jota (bench Doughty).
Option 3: Roll transfer and start with above team.

@CassiusClaymore @Moby @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Sandikan @others
I like option 2, assuming Haaland won't start.

That said, if you had an option to buy Digne again, I'd like to see that

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Similar dilemma to you. Waiting for the pressers but likely doing #2 although I might bench Palmer over Doughty.
That actually might be a good plan (to bench Palmer). I might copy you.
I like option 2, assuming Haaland won't start.

That said, if you had an option to buy Digne again, I'd like to see that
:(